PDA

View Full Version : Esteban Viable.

Pyromagnium
04-22-2013, 06:14 AM
Hello Sorcs,

I will share with you some thoughts I have about the, to me at least, underrated Esteban. I'm a level 30 sorcerer and have been using Esteban for Nordr campaign maps. Why?

Let's start with his Happiness Bonus: +10% Damage, +5% Crit, +10% Dodge. I feel that %10 Damage at level 30 is significant enough to make a difference. My current Damage is 228.3. With the buff, it becomes 251.13. If my prediction of how Passive DMG is added on first, which in my case is 4% currently, then these numbers become 237.432 and 261.1752 respectively.

The crit and dodge is nice too. I have 7%< crit and 12% < dodge.

His passive ability is good for mobs. Right now mine is level 17 (I haven't been using him) and he has Heavy Hoof Strike: A heavy attack that deals damage up to 3 mobs and has a chance to stun and make them bleed. Extra crowd control should always be welcome. He does it all.

Next is the main reason you should be using Esteban -- his arcane ability. Graceful Stomp: Reduces enemy damage, armor, and hit chance by 10%. Your Nordr campaign party should have pets that destroy their armor. Rogues with Aimed Shot and Blight are pretty much the leaders of that for now. But sorcs can help by peeling away some of that armor the Nordr bosses have so much of now. The faster you take them down, the less you die (hopefully). the damage and hit chance reduction is just icing on the cake.

He's been laying under the radar for a while, trading cheaply at around 13k.

Asireuz
04-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Agreed, I see Esteban less than I would expect based on his stats. I think I see Konga more, who in each of his abilities is beaten by Esteban. Hitting multiple enemies at epic level, that alone makes him interesting. I have mine leveled up to 25, for a future where a +% bonus beats straight stat points. Dodge is underrated anyway, that may be one reason why people don't appreciate him.

Jed
04-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Esteban has been in my pet circulation for quite some time. He is definitely underrated as a non-legendary pet, but he has benefited me greatly since I have discovered his abilities.

Alhuntrazeck
05-03-2013, 10:40 PM
o.O Now he's gonna be nerfed...Noooooooo!!!! If you love us sorcs, STS, leave Esteban alone!