PDA

View Full Version : New level of difficulty with bosses......not even fun anymore

Darvader
04-22-2013, 07:37 AM
I worked hard to get to level 26 for this weekend to move up to the new world but suddenly found bosses that I had previously beat OMG hard and Players bailing right and left at the final boss, so stuck still unable to kill-over and over again. Now cannot play "anytime anywhere" as in real world I have a job and a family and cannot spend 2 hours recruiting a posse that won't bail and take long time and huge amount of potions to kill a boss I had beat before! I like a challenge but this is no longer fun and won't spend much more time beating my head against the wall. Spacetime please see others in forum with similar thoughts. Would love anyone else's ideas or even advise. I still have to beat a boss to move to new world. Sign me frustrated and sad.

FluffNStuff
04-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Couple things. The bosses are hard now at 26 because if they weren't they would be a joke at 30/31. This is also why players are bailing at the boss, not because they are too hard, but because they are rushing to 30 and can't be bothered to take the time to kill the boss now, when it will be faster and easier to farm them when they cap. Sorry you did not beat the first level before the XP farming began. Might need to just join them and farm up till you find a team that sticks around or you level up yourself.

Pfurz
04-22-2013, 02:27 PM
Edit: Loving the game (:

Kalielle
04-22-2013, 04:32 PM
I like the difficulty of the boss mechanics, but I think their health/armor could be reduced so that the fights don't last 10 minutes. Mechanics and danger are fun, but doing the same thing over and over while slowly chipping away at a boss's health gets old after the first 2-3 minutes.

I'm level 25, I have all the maps unlocked and I'd love to continue doing the bosses while leveling. But they take so long that by the time I'm done with them I regret having gotten into the fight. On the other hand, grinding trash to level and quitting before boss just isn't fun for me. So I find myself setting the game aside even though the boss mechanics are great, because the fights are so long and require so many potions that they just become incredibly frustrating by the end.

Given that bosses scale with level (I assume?) and that we now have Elite bosses for the level-capped people, I don't see why the normal bosses should take so long to kill that they're just not even worth doing while leveling.

Darvader
04-24-2013, 08:43 PM
I worked hard to get to level 26 for this weekend to move up to the new world but suddenly found bosses that I had previously beat OMG hard and Players bailing right and left at the final boss, so stuck still unable to kill-over and over again. Now cannot play "anytime anywhere" as in real world I have a job and a family and cannot spend 2 hours recruiting a posse that won't bail and take long time and huge amount of potions to kill a boss I had beat before! I like a challenge but this is no longer fun and won't spend much more time beating my head against the wall. Spacetime please see others in forum with similar thoughts. Would love anyone else's ideas or even advise. I still have to beat a boss to move to new world. Sign me frustrated and sad.

Thank you Spacetime for changing the boss difficulty down a notch... Fun again! :)
AND I am in the new world-I was just was trying the wrong way in but now the new map is unlocked.
Appreciated the comments.
See ya in the north.
Darvader