PDA

View Full Version : Entombed hammer vs Storm sword

Excuses
04-22-2013, 08:27 AM
I see hammer is ways more expensive in cs.

But hammer has low dps but real high dmg.

How much more dmg does it make with skills?

I mean, I used CS + SS for pvp and am kind of person who spam a lot of autoattack between.... so seems storm sword works better for my play style. But hammer makes a huge dmg and makes difference, then I should consider changing skills and play style.... idk.

Could someone advise?

ShadowGunX
04-22-2013, 11:03 AM
hammer is very slow so its procing probability is also very low. bt ok skill dmg is high bt in pvp its no use. before hitting, opponent will run away lol.

bt in pve it will b good coz ss will do a massive dmg nd HoR healing will b high.
nd also opponent doesnt get away instead it will cme near u so u can always hit it.

in pvp, storm sword will b good as it grants massive armour nd average dps. its procing probability is also high.
in pve it is recommended as it grants more survivality then using other weapons. bt it has low dmg so u will b doing negligible dmg on mobs. it pairs well with build having rally cry.

so now as u r auto atcking guy u should use storm sword. bt u should use dmg ring/pendant

ishyrionek
04-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Storm sword procs were nerfed before nord update, so even with lover dps, procs of hammer are bigger.
Procs of hammer are way better than storm sword.

How much dmg make it with skills? Cant u read? U can compare dmg in cs.

I can be wrong, but dps affect only speed of auto attack. Skills speed is always same.

So yeah hammer is way better...and look much, much, much better :-)
....ofc if u can afford it lol.

ShadowGunX
04-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Storm sword procs were nerfed before nord update, so even with lover dps, procs of hammer are bigger.
Procs of hammer are way better than storm sword.

I can be wrong, but dps affect only speed of auto attack. Skills speed is always same.

So yeah hammer is way better...and look much, much, much better :-)
....ofc if u can afford it lol.

hammer is ofcourse better bt in pve. as many ppl play pve so it is pricey. its is useless in pvp. i use sword shield with rally cry nd m fine.

i dnt care about skill dmg. rogues r there for dmg. warriors' role is to b a wall should that they can hold aggro nd absorbs dmg.
my build is CS for knockbck/interupt
AT for boss taunt/armour debuff
RC for party buff
HoR for party healing/immunity shield

ik dps effect auto atck nd it also affect procing chance IMO. i may b wrong.
bt when i use axe ,procing chance is low comparing to sword/shield.
so i think it is due to dps coz more u hit frequently better is d chance of procing
hammer is slow pfffft.

btw wat u mean by ".....if u can afford"?
u think m poor? lol i dnt care for dmg so i dnt wanna waste mils. atm i hav got 4mil.

Excuses
04-23-2013, 01:31 AM

Of course I can read. Rude.

Read my question again first.
I am asking how much more dmg it will make in skills(actually in action), not just numbers in stat because I can't just buy it to see the difference.

I know the difference between dps and dmg.
And I didn't ask about skill speed.

I am asking if it will make enough 'skill dmg + less autoattack' over 'more autoattack + less skill dmg' because, like I said, I use a lot of autoattack in pvp between skills.

So if it makes significant dmg output, I might change my skills to ss+windmill+veng+ribbit to maximize dmg. But if not, I might stay with SS+CS+slag using stuns + feeble and AUTOATTACK which need DPS.

And I don't care about it's look. I would rather kill with dull sword than die with fancy hammer if it works better.

Just want to make sure because I don't want to waste millions of gold to test it.

inkredible
04-23-2013, 07:45 PM
More damage is better than dps, whether it is pvp or pve, but then again when youre running elite/pve
tanks mostly leave damage for rogues anyways, and were more focused on armor health more than damage

Looks like we need more explanations of DPS versus the Damage stat.

DPS is Damage Per Second. Weapons have a speed component that isn't displayed. In general, a slower weapon will have a lower DPS, but have a higher base damage. DPS comes into play when you are NOT using your abilities (spamming normal attacks).

The higher your Damage stat the harder your abilities will hit. If you use a lot of abilities, a high base damage is better than a high DPS.

Hammer weapons are by design, slow swinging, high Damage weapons. Because of this, they have a lower base DPS. Don't judge only on the DPS :)

I hope that helps!

Excuses
04-24-2013, 06:17 AM
Thanks Ink for response.

What I worried is that 'slow swing' part.
I did some 1on1 in pvp with my friends(with storm sword), and saw lv31 rogues now makes +3k dmg...
I have 4460 health and 1162 armor but one hit left 20-30% of my health only. If I couldn't stun+feeble+heal I would die on second atk from them. (I see they will do 1 hit kill on warrior at some point. Lol) Even if it makes good dmg, if I can't hit fast enough, I will be dead.
And again I use a lot of autoatk to cut down their health and use ss(stun) and cs(feeble) as needed... so.

I might farm it and try to see the difference.

Raxin
04-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Entombed would one shot storm sword :p

inkredible
04-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks Ink for response.

What I worried is that 'slow swing' part.
I did some 1on1 in pvp with my friends(with storm sword), and saw lv31 rogues now makes +3k dmg...
I have 4460 health and 1162 armor but one hit left 20-30% of my health only. If I couldn't stun+feeble+heal I would die on second atk from them. (I see they will do 1 hit kill on warrior at some point. Lol) Even if it makes good dmg, if I can't hit fast enough, I will be dead.
And again I use a lot of autoatk to cut down their health and use ss(stun) and cs(feeble) as needed... so.

I might farm it and try to see the difference.

well like what sam said, dps is pretty much how fast your normal attack is right, so special kills doesnt get affected by dps.
if youre gonna go against rogue i would suggest either double stunned specs, or double feeble

double stun = axe throw and smash
Double feeble = axe throw and split

3k crits u wont see it often, but if u get unlucky with it then ya just ur luck

- it also depends on strategy

if you have really high damage = better are ur chances LOL,
kill the rogue as fast as u can = dont mean dps, but rather the damage u make lol
they can go up to 3k health now so

marshmallow
04-24-2013, 11:43 PM
From what I understand, DPS is the damage you do on normal attacks while Damage is for skill. If you are a skill whore, then go for Damage. For normal attacks, go DPS.

Excuses
04-25-2013, 03:11 AM
well like what sam said, dps is pretty much how fast your normal attack is right, so special kills doesnt get affected by dps.
if youre gonna go against rogue i would suggest either double stunned specs, or double feeble

double stun = axe throw and smash
Double feeble = axe throw and split

3k crits u wont see it often, but if u get unlucky with it then ya just ur luck

- it also depends on strategy

if you have really high damage = better are ur chances LOL,
kill the rogue as fast as u can = dont mean dps, but rather the damage u make lol
they can go up to 3k health now so

I kill a lot with autoatk(not by skills) than you think.

And I did try both build you suggest. The problem was DMG as you said.
At's cd is 7 sec, and one attack which makes me to do a lot of autoatk.
Before 3rd upgrade 2 stun attack worked great.Even with Jugg, no stun, there was no fear for mage too. But after the upgrade, dmg wasn't enough to kill rogue as you said.
So I used ss+cs+veng cuz cs deliver more dmg than at overall and feeble stays only 2sec.
And it was ok.
(And I don't like windmill because of the delay time that I can't do anything for 2sec.)

But now I tested with full dex rogue (he made 3k dmg with first sec atk every single time we fought. No kidding) and high health rogue.
I can beat full dex using feeble and stun, but can't make enough dmg to kill high hp rogue.
EVEN with the hammer.

I bought it since it's price dropped. (Yellow one)
I tested in pvp and elite while I get techno viking title and achievements. And see no difference between storm sword and this hammer.
Storm's autoatk makes 90-100 and hammer makses 100-110 only but real slow. Skill dmg is not so much different too.
If you just use skills and sit there, maybe hammer will be better, but if you have to spam autoatk, there is no big difference.

My dmg with hammer is about 221 with slag. And more than 5 round of fight, never beat hp rogue. Just like you said I definitely need more dmg to kill within 10 sec (before another packs).
But my point is total dmg from both sword and hammer wasn't that much different. Almost same. Maybe sword makes more kills because it is fast (allow me to hit some more before they run).

I didn't test with windmill, but with these skills, hammer didn't make any better total dmg.

I have no mythic or good ring and amulet. Not willing to spend $1k or hours of farming everyday. But I feel like I need to do something to get better dmg equip.

Sigh.

Anyways. Thanks for the response.

Wowsome
04-25-2013, 06:06 AM
hey mstj!

off-topic - now that u have both weapons, if possible could u please share a comparison between storm sword and hammer (which hammer ..) w.r.t. actual damage dealt? i am curious because i will be 31 in a few days, and would like to know this before i go shopping.

inkredible
04-25-2013, 08:37 AM
I kill a lot with autoatk(not by skills) than you think.

And I did try both build you suggest. The problem was DMG as you said.
At's cd is 7 sec, and one attack which makes me to do a lot of autoatk.
Before 3rd upgrade 2 stun attack worked great.Even with Jugg, no stun, there was no fear for mage too. But after the upgrade, dmg wasn't enough to kill rogue as you said.
So I used ss+cs+veng cuz cs deliver more dmg than at overall and feeble stays only 2sec.
And it was ok.
(And I don't like windmill because of the delay time that I can't do anything for 2sec.)

But now I tested with full dex rogue (he made 3k dmg with first sec atk every single time we fought. No kidding) and high health rogue.
I can beat full dex using feeble and stun, but can't make enough dmg to kill high hp rogue.
EVEN with the hammer.

I bought it since it's price dropped. (Yellow one)
I tested in pvp and elite while I get techno viking title and achievements. And see no difference between storm sword and this hammer.
Storm's autoatk makes 90-100 and hammer makses 100-110 only but real slow. Skill dmg is not so much different too.
If you just use skills and sit there, maybe hammer will be better, but if you have to spam autoatk, there is no big difference.

My dmg with hammer is about 221 with slag. And more than 5 round of fight, never beat hp rogue. Just like you said I definitely need more dmg to kill within 10 sec (before another packs).
But my point is total dmg from both sword and hammer wasn't that much different. Almost same. Maybe sword makes more kills because it is fast (allow me to hit some more before they run).

I didn't test with windmill, but with these skills, hammer didn't make any better total dmg.

I have no mythic or good ring and amulet. Not willing to spend $1k or hours of farming everyday. But I feel like I need to do something to get better dmg equip.

Sigh.

Anyways. Thanks for the response.
yellow one? lol its not warfare?

so you tried axe and split?, that seem to work well and they both have pretty good dmg
now i havent pvp much this cap, so i cant give as much advice, lately all im just making money

what armor do you have.. rings amulet? cuz thats important
hope ur running atleast 1200 +++++ armor

abrai
04-25-2013, 09:22 AM
I am currently level 30 and was curious about the hammer so I went to cs and fortunately bought one.
Entombed Hammer of Fatality, which actually gives me DMG 216 & DPS 177
while my Storm Sword of Assault (L30) gives me DMG 193 & DPS 217.

Advantage:
It's so cool to look at my warrior running around towns and dungeons carrying a huge shining hammer!
I did a couple of WT4 runs and noticed that when using skills (Windmill and SS) on giant mobs, I could actually have a hit around 200~400 or more (depends on crits); while the sword with skills, gives around 100~200. I could be wrong but hammer really gives high damage when using skills.

Disadvantage:
It looks painful and tiring to look at my warrior running around maps carrying a huge hammer.
I maybe wrong but the attack animation with hammer and sword are quite almost the same. I consumed a lot of mana pots though, or maybe because I'm just whoring skills since my normal damage on hammer really doesn't seem to kill fast.

Conclusion:
Since I prefer to do normal attacks, for now, I'd prefer to use the sword and the proc chances is high (or maybe hammer proc is just unnoticeable).
For mobbing in wt4, hammer is the best since it kills faster and the damage is pretty-critty-cal!

Excuses
04-25-2013, 11:58 PM
hey mstj!

off-topic - now that u have both weapons, if possible could u please share a comparison between storm sword and hammer (which hammer ..) w.r.t. actual damage dealt? i am curious because i will be 31 in a few days, and would like to know this before i go shopping.

Ok. So I tested both weapon to see dmg difference this way.

1. On daily quest in traveler's outpost.
2. With the first boss (?) on each time.
3. Without pets.

To just see the difference of dmg.
(I feel like I am a nerd now. Lol)

First SS with Storm sword

397. 398. 368. 373. 361. 350. 423. 387. 406. 407. And death.
= average 387 dmg

With hammer fatality (yes. Yellow one. Lol)
403. 403. 353. 393. 426. 360. 397. 416. 361. 371. And death.
= Average 387.7 dmg

----
Cs with Storm sword

369. 319. 315. 367. 326. 367. 383. 371. 355. 324. 365 and death
= average 386.1Dmg

With hammer
328. 372. 328. 319. 351. 322. 379. 369. 318. 391. 323 and death
= average 380 dmg

As you see sometimes I can see higher number with hammer, but total is almost same.

Now autoattack.

I was too hard to keep track of all numbers, so I timed it.

With storm sword to kill the one 24.63 sec(159-180 dmg per hit)
Hammer 26.71sec. (170-190 dmg per hit)

On SS skill description.
With storm sword 315-394 dmg
With Hammer 320-400 dmg

Sigh.

You cam compare in cs their stat difference. (Hammer gives about 22 dmg and sword gives about 40 dps.)
But I want to talk about actual dmg output.
If the way I tested is wrong, please explain me. But everything was same but weapon, no additional dmg from pet, didn't use any other skill even HoR and no crit hit happened while testing.

I don't know if hammer makes much more dmg on crit or something, I have never seen a huge dmg difference like Abrai said.

And didn't test with veng or windmill so this will be not perfect data.
However you can see what my point is.

-------

@ ink

I still like those combination. =)
And I mentioned I have 1162 armor.
(Guardian plate will+bonechill savvy)
Might need to change guard to champion if I can afford. Lol

And yes, definitely need to change ring and amulet.
I am thinking to make some money first like you. ;)

Carapace
04-26-2013, 12:38 AM
did you account for length of time it took to kill the mob by auto attacking in addition to how much damage was done on an average hit? As the lower DPS implies, it should take you longer to kill something with a slower DPS.

Wowsome
04-26-2013, 01:57 AM
mstj, really appreciate that you took the time to capture and share these numbers :)

Excuses
04-26-2013, 05:51 AM
did you account for length of time it took to kill the mob by auto attacking in addition to how much damage was done on an average hit? As the lower DPS implies, it should take you longer to kill something with a slower DPS.

Wow. First time a dev answers my thread. Thanks. =)

I did dps test to see total dmg difference because like I said I like to use lots of autoattack. I thought if hammer makes better dmg on auto attack too, it still might better on dps attack. So I did to make sure.

But my real point is skill dmg.
Even with +22 dmg on stat, skill dmg difference is 5-6 only.(on skill description.) I don't know how exactly this is calculated, but seems worthless of millions of gold.

And since skill dmg output is almost same, better dps attack=better for pvp for me. So.
That's what I was trying to figure out.

Hope you don't nerf storm sword because I still lose from rogues with it...;)

mstj, really appreciate that you took the time to capture and share these numbers :)

No problem.
I bought the hammer for my wife cuz she use windmill.. and it didn't take that long lol.

Hope this help.

inkredible
04-27-2013, 12:30 AM
pvp wise.. i kill more with hammer

343 - 429 dmg with storm

357-446 hammer

ihavent had vengence for awhile cuz i been farming

Raxin
04-27-2013, 12:28 PM
I use dmg build with horn wind sky chest i rarely auto att at all i bet i kill a 3pack faster and i swap in axethrow single target for sky (5skill build) for.bosses and 1v1.
this.isnt gonna be.true.for.diff.builds but it is.for.mine
Since i barely melee att all.my damage.is.spread evenly over many mobs also creating tons more aggro all my mob skills have aoe style effects