PDA

View Full Version : Odds of getting a dragon

Facepook
04-22-2013, 11:13 AM
So I've been doing dragon runs with shamrock for a pretty long time, and havent gotten one yet. So is it better to do dragon runs without any elixir, awhile ago someone joined unelixed and got a helm. So should I not use shamrock and run elixed?

Also does the Epic vampire feast map have better odds of getting a dragon drop? 3plat per run

Zeus
04-22-2013, 11:35 AM
You honestly don't need a shamrock to farm dragon. All of my drops have been without shamrock.

This is what I'd recommend: Do your daily blessings, as they usually give you some sort of combo. Then, equip big luck. This should bring you to about 50-75% luck, depending on the type of combo you get.

That is more than sufficient to farm dragon.

Also, the key with dragon is to keep at it. If you keep at it, eventually it'll drop. I know, trust me. There will be dry streaks where a glimpse of dragon is like finding water in a desert, but if you keep at it, eventually there is a dragon shower for you! :)

Experience: Farming them since they were released and even after the nerf, I didn't get one till a few weeks later. Now, it's a dragon shower for you. If I decide to farm them, it's more than likely for me to loot a dragon piece before I decide to call it quits for the day. If there isn't, well, I think about how much I've already earned and use it to motivate me to farm the next day!

Cheers!

Suentous PO
04-22-2013, 03:51 PM
No matter what you use or don't use if you keep at it you will see both great luck, and bouts of none.

( sounds like a fortune cookie )

razerfingers
04-22-2013, 04:25 PM
I might farm some later with big luck and daily lixir. So ill be rollin around on razer

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Cheenivie
04-22-2013, 07:20 PM
Lucky boi parth;)

Spyce
04-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Some people in Balefort were talking about it and they said 5% chance every run..

Suentous PO
04-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Some people in Balefort were talking about it and they said 5% chance every run..
People mistake their personal experience for fact often.
Some think supervisor Lufus isn't worth it.
Personally I've gotten FAR more drops from him, but that's just what happened to me. I wouldn't extrapolate that he has the best drop rates because of that.

LwMark
04-22-2013, 07:43 PM
JUST KEEP GOING AT IT,no matter how many lucks or no luck u will get one, i personally have looted 1 complete black set and 2 normal drag pieces with elexier an not elexier. Thats when i use to get it in farmin non stopp, i remember we were tryin to get Hate to farm with us, Hate was like man i wont get one blah blah, we literally did maybe 5-10 runs i dont remeber if even that many, and BOOM , blue drag helm to him, we were like lol wtf, also Jhood looted red helm an armor almost back to back if remember correctly, and got a red helm day before, fun times

Wendellism
04-22-2013, 10:37 PM
Best place to loot Dragon pieces are from Mount Fang - The Vampire Feast. (http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb450/Mrsoo/PL%20Map/Mount%20Fang/6-TheVampireFeast.jpg)

Cavoc
04-22-2013, 10:41 PM
If you sing this song while you farm your luck will increase by 5000.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?84652-Mount-fang-song!&highlight=fang+song

You're welcome

Ogbuehi
04-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Use a sham for every run. I've gotten 2 full gold, 1 full red and blue, and half a green set in 50 runs. That's with many other junk pinks in between as well. All but the green helm was gotten with 100% re-roll.

Interestingly enough, I got the green in a way that would drive most people crazy. I was bored and looking for friends to help out. So I joined a friend on my list who running through vampire feast. This was only my second time ever (first time was just for quest completion) running through vampire feast. First boss we fought, I got a green dragon helm. Had I never gone back, I could go running around telling people dragon drops are 50% drop rate.

Multibird
04-23-2013, 01:35 PM
DON'T give up!

Psyche
04-23-2013, 02:25 PM
When I was leveling a character through there not long ago, I got dropped dragon vanities on 3 consecutive runs in vampire feast. No re-rolls. I've run feast hundreds of times before then and since then with no luck. It's funny how randomness work out sometimes.