PDA

View Full Version : The only change needed to be made for the midgets

Alzrr
04-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Smurfs are fine really, we are not a 1v1 class that everyone wants to be, but we can with a simple change; cd for life giver. Thats It. Mages have high dmg, good skills and none of that needs buffs. A shorter cd for life giver to like 12 seconds or even 10 if very generous will improve the 1v1s of the little guys. Or even in team play will benefit too since it's ctf. We are a medic right? Why is our heal so lame lol

Haowesie
04-23-2013, 12:07 AM
And for PVE, please please please remove agro on heal....... :(
Or make it the same as warrior, invincibility shield on heal...... :D

Chaokaban
04-23-2013, 02:10 AM
And for PVE, please please please remove agro on heal....... :(
Or make it the same as warrior, invincibility shield on heal...... :D

Invincibility shield would be unfair for mages,as their shield is like 10 second plus

Infrico
04-23-2013, 02:48 AM
Smurfs are fine really, we are not a 1v1 class that everyone wants to be, but we can with a simple change; cd for life giver. Thats It. Mages have high dmg, good skills and none of that needs buffs. A shorter cd for life giver to like 12 seconds or even 10 if very generous will improve the 1v1s of the little guys. Or even in team play will benefit too since it's ctf. We are a medic right? Why is our heal so lame lol

Thats a very good point actually, if STS aren't going to make mages good in 1 v 1 situations, make them the masters of support in team battles. So far... what I see is warriors offering more HP (Horn) and Mana(Venge buff)... so where does that put mages? Lol. Maybe you could say damage, but lets say in a team fight 2 v 2 and you're facing 2 rogues... would you choose a warrior and a mage? or 2 warriors where horn invunerability are op and an unlimited supply of mana :-/.

Alzrr
04-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Yes warriors can do a mages job being really bulky, and they can do it better. Idc what anyone says that's not balance. Heeehee

Popamollyswtn
04-23-2013, 06:12 PM
I don't get why people think mages can't 1v1. I do awesome against rogues n usually always beat mages. Warriors are usually a loss but I've beaten a few so far. Just need a hallway to kite. I hate heal

Infrico
04-24-2013, 01:41 AM
I don't get why people think mages can't 1v1. I do awesome against rogues n usually always beat mages. Warriors are usually a loss but I've beaten a few so far. Just need a hallway to kite. I hate heal

I don't think you've PvP'd any good rogues o.O

Alzrr
04-24-2013, 02:16 AM
I don't think you've PvP'd any good rogues o.O

I second that, unless you're doing endgame with the crit build you can beat them off guard hehe.

hotpimp
04-24-2013, 06:10 AM
Nerf l16 warrior gear.

Popamollyswtn
04-24-2013, 09:05 AM
Lol with Mali I have 2.9k health. Rogues aimed shot me and if they don't crit they're dead by the time my shield is worn off.
And Infrico, you don't even end game pvp? So how would you know?

TourneAsunder
04-25-2013, 11:40 AM

A sorc has to be fighting the worst possible warrs- like ones that spec'd pure int to defeat them.

I have been empty of mana, with flag...just barely made it out alive against a rogue and actually regained all hp/mana by the sorc that tried to take me next....

Had one of the other classes come I would have been toast.

It's not an issue of one spec beating the sorc class...you actually have to go rampant and DISCOVER a warr spec incapable of thrashing a poor sorc with ease.

Infrico
04-26-2013, 07:36 AM
Lol with Mali I have 2.9k health. Rogues aimed shot me and if they don't crit they're dead by the time my shield is worn off.
And Infrico, you don't even end game pvp? So how would you know?

I don't end game PvP? I've PvP'd at 10,12,16,21 and currently doing 26 and I see the same stuff with mages in all level brackets. I have NEVER been defeated by a mage, fought a whole bunch of mages yesterday, 2 v 1 I can still win. So therefore, I do know what I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure its the same thing at level 31 aswell, please don't tell me 31 is different to 26 -_- 5 skill points doesn't change PvP one bit, just added perks.

The only time mages were able to win in PvP was before they nerf'ed stun lock. Now they're absolutely terrible in 1 v 1....although, in team fights, I must say I was wrong what I said above, that mages aren't good at support, they're actually incredible support, so in those respect, yes I was wrong, but in a 1 v 1, NO WAY IN HELL would a mage beat a warrior or a rogue, unless they suck or have bad gear, which I believe was the situation in your case.

drgrimmy
04-26-2013, 11:42 AM
I don't end game PvP? I've PvP'd at 10,12,16,21 and currently doing 26 and I see the same stuff with mages in all level brackets. I have NEVER been defeated by a mage, fought a whole bunch of mages yesterday, 2 v 1 I can still win. So therefore, I do know what I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure its the same thing at level 31 aswell, please don't tell me 31 is different to 26 -_- 5 skill points doesn't change PvP one bit, just added perks.

The only time mages were able to win in PvP was before they nerf'ed stun lock. Now they're absolutely terrible in 1 v 1....although, in team fights, I must say I was wrong what I said above, that mages aren't good at support, they're actually incredible support, so in those respect, yes I was wrong, but in a 1 v 1, NO WAY IN HELL would a mage beat a warrior or a rogue, unless they suck or have bad gear, which I believe was the situation in your case.

Either you are a really good rogue or you have not fought any good sorcerers (I feel it is probably the former). I agree, a really good rogue can be hard for a sorcerer to kill, but I would have to say that for me and my playing style/build versus your average rogue or sorcerer i feel that I have a greater than 50% chance of winning. Unfortunately, versus a warrior I am almost guaranteed to lose. Oh and there is still a way to do a psuedo-stunlock which keeps rogues away from their health packs long enough to kill them :)

Bless
04-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Guys...pvp isnt supposed to be 1v1. Seriously thats why mages are UP in 1v1s. They shine in 5v5, because devs are building classes for ctf

drgrimmy
04-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Guys...pvp isnt supposed to be 1v1. Seriously thats why mages are UP in 1v1s. They shine in 5v5, because devs are building classes for ctf

I also agree with you on this one. Unfortunately, as you well know, things are very broken as they are now in terms of motivation for people to play as a team in PvP, and a lot of people run off on there own to get kills (especially rogues) or flags (especilally warriors). Unless you run with good friends, this suddently leaves mages alone in a very dangerous situation in PvP. As a mage who loves playing as a support class in a good group, when you do find a good group to run with and start racking up the kills the following comments always ensue: "come and face me solo noob," "Your like an annoying little fly buzzing all over the place and getting no real kills," "Stop stealling all my kills," "stop following me." All real quotes, although I usually try to take it as a compliment being successful enough to annoy them so much.

Deadroth
04-26-2013, 01:17 PM

They shine... but from their graves LMAO... One aimed... Just one with crit... And mage will DIEE!... Thats all.

Bless
04-26-2013, 01:20 PM

They shine... but from their graves LMAO... One aimed... Just one with crit... And mage will DIEE!... Thats all. teamwork is the key. Atm endgame is pretty balanced

swexcist
04-27-2013, 06:41 AM
I also agree with you on this one. Unfortunately, as you well know, things are very broken as they are now in terms of motivation for people to play as a team in PvP, and a lot of people run off on there own to get kills (especially rogues) or flags (especilally warriors). Unless you run with good friends, this suddently leaves mages alone in a very dangerous situation in PvP. As a mage who loves playing as a support class in a good group, when you do find a good group to run with and start racking up the kills the following comments always ensue: "come and face me solo noob," "Your like an annoying little fly buzzing all over the place and getting no real kills," "Stop stealling all my kills," "stop following me." All real quotes, although I usually try to take it as a compliment being successful enough to annoy them so much.

Lool, spot on

Bullox
04-28-2013, 03:16 AM
I think CTF is not really a Team Game.
The Team have to help one Player for getting Flags, that doesn't work, because there are less people who wants to help another for getting Points.......

They should make the captured Flag counting for the Team not only for one Player...
....and for winning Game they should give us something like Story Token or every 30 winning game one free respecc or....

then and only then CTF got to Work like a Team Game, if all Team Players have the same Target!!! Winning a Game at the fastest way to earn some Goodie..

At time the most Games are working like: U come in if u are lucky with Group u spawnkill the other Group till they leave and no New Players join a Game with 5:1 or 5:2 Players, then then Game is dead and then normally all leave with maybe 1or 2 captured Flag....

Thats boring and pointless......

uzidredar
04-28-2013, 09:46 AM
Yet another thread of legitimate sorcerer grievances that STS won't read. Next thing we know an unnamed so-called pro sorcerer will join the discussion: "l2p ur class you noobs. Im pwning rogues and warriors wif lvl 1 loki ya just need to find the right built lololol"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Alzrr
04-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Yet another thread of legitimate sorcerer grievances that STS won't read. Next thing we know an unnamed so-called pro sorcerer will join the discussion: "l2p ur class you noobs. Im pwning rogues and warriors wif lvl 1 loki ya just need to find the right built lololol"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Lol

Popamollyswtn
04-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Infrico maybe your problem is you're not facing any good mages. It's close to impossible to beat a warrior 1v1 at thr same level. But rogues, like I said, I usually do very well

Popamollyswtn
04-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Ill 1v1 any rogue and show you I do well, same with a mage. add me, ign same as forum name

Yunfehn
04-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Yeah, pop is a beast at pvp. I vouch for him he really does.