PDA

View Full Version : Times between Expansion Caps

DocDoBig
04-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Please (if you haven't read them yet) don't set up an opinion before reading these great threads with JustG's talk:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-a-Whole-Today

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Fixin%92-in-PL

Please keep the discussions rant-free and clean, thanks!

For all the curious and data fanatics among you,
I thought it would be a good idea to gather up all the release dates for each expansion cap and to calculate the period between each of them to the next one,
so yeah, with this thread I wanted to show and share how much time between the expansions (caps) was used or needed to develop them.
I will count in Months and Days:

Times between Expansion Caps

Cap #1
Cap #2
Time

DL's Release [21 Cap] (04.11.2012) >
Willowbrook Parish + Morhaven District [26 Cap] (06.25.2012)
2 Months & 14 Days

[26 Cap] (06.25.2012) >
Fresnel Cemetery + Worlmen Seplucher [31 Cap] (08.28.2012)
2 Months & 3 Days

[31 Cap] (08.28.2012) >
[36 Cap]* (03.21.2013)
6 Months & 21 Days

[36 Cap] (03.21.2013) >
Today (01.26.2014)
10 Months & 5 Days

*here were sadly no expansion maps released

And here a little diagram:

The Average Time an Expansion needs to be developed is 163.75 days (5 Months and 11 Days).

The Median is 140 Days (4 Months and 17 Days):

------------------
Make sure to check the other analyses and data fests, too :

Star Legends : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94803-Times-between-Expansion-Caps

Pocket Legends : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94662-Times-between-Expansion-Caps

Arcane Legends : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94808-Times-between-Expansion-Caps

------------------

Forum Leaderboards : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?95779-Forum-Leaderboards

The Forums in Facts and Numbers : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?95463-The-Forums-in-Facts-and-Numbers

doomdoomdoom
04-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Quite depressing, but thanks for pulling all the data together.

Scissorhands
04-23-2013, 03:23 PM
and mean while arcane legends is already up to lvl 31 cap...

Asahetek
04-30-2013, 12:54 AM
Can't believe that they just virtually abandoned this game, it was really fun for awhile but the lack of content got boring after awhile and when al released a lot of people went there including me.

Sts needs to stop making so many new games an concentrate on the ones they have and not abandoning the previous ones.

Minesweeper
04-30-2013, 12:25 PM
sad..thanks for analyzing

Alhuntrazeck
05-04-2013, 05:19 AM
First time in the DL forums for me...creeeeepyyyy. Look at all those vampires eyeing me.:cower:
Jumped over here thru ur profile. Well great work Doc! And it just hit me how DL has such a long time between expansions, unlike AL...wow. Glad im in AL! :)

Totallymad
05-05-2013, 03:36 AM
First time in the DL forums for me...creeeeepyyyy. Look at all those vampires eyeing me.:cower:
Jumped over here thru ur profile. Well great work Doc! And it just hit me how DL has such a long time between expansions, unlike AL...wow. Glad im in AL! :)

Trust me, if they will make new legends game AL will be abandoned too, this is sad but it looks like sts style.

canislupis081376
05-05-2013, 01:05 PM
That style is known as...Make as much money as possible off a new hit, revise old games irregularly, to keep people spending on those too. After 3 to 6 months, repeat process with new game. Collect bank, look, laugh.

Cahaun
05-05-2013, 01:49 PM

Trust me, if they will make new legends game AL will be abandoned too, this is sad but it looks like sts style.
From what I'm seeing, AL is making a lot of revenue so I'd expect to see that one last longer than the others. Pocket Legends is still more alive than the others due to its content and slightly more attention from the devs compared to SL and DL.

Rekful
05-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Its doesnt matter. Why create a game if your just going to give up on it? I watched a video about spacetime releasing Dark Legends and they were so excited about it! There was once passion for this amazing game. I wish I knew what to do to rekindle the flame.
I'll always play DL no matter what. I love everything about it. Especially pvp. You have a great game spacetime. Im not expecting anything anymore so if something new happens to come our way, it will be a bonus.

Rek

Totallymad
05-06-2013, 07:23 AM
From what I'm seeing, AL is making a lot of revenue so I'd expect to see that one last longer than the others. Pocket Legends is still more alive than the others due to its content and slightly more attention from the devs compared to SL and DL.

Absolutely agree with you. STS killing DL and SL not paying enough attention to both. Maybe if they will make updates regularly for all of their games they will collect much more profits from that, then they have now.

thedevilsown
05-07-2013, 10:44 AM
I like DL much more than AL which is too kitchy for me...sorta more kiddo...idk

modredd
05-12-2013, 08:15 PM
unless you're arcane legends every other game is the stepchild of STS but personally I took a break from Pocket Legends after a year absence from dark legends and I need to level up,Having the time of my life.
I forgot how good this game was the only one I don't like is star legends.

Rekful
05-13-2013, 08:10 PM
It's all personal preference really. I personally love DL. I tried all other sts games. Stuck with AL for a while until I found this jewl. I love the way the characters look, the gameplay is top notch, and the community (besides your avarage perv and or ninja) is friendly. And you can't forget the always entertaining PVP!!!

Rek

Baasakri
05-22-2013, 02:46 PM
It's all personal preference really. I personally love DL. I tried all other sts games. Stuck with AL for a while until I found this jewl. I love the way the characters look, the gameplay is top notch, and the community (besides your avarage perv and or ninja) is friendly. And you can't forget the always entertaining PVP!!!

Rek

This is why this game will not get better. They know people like us ( who have been playing for a while) are still happy with the relations we have in the game with friends and guild members.. We spend time , money and effort in this game, yet nothing changes when we complain. I want to ask you what is entertaining PvP ?

-To see everyone with F.B + Brim ..(no other skill set is used)
- I got you this time (since its one shot kill) and you get me next time ..
- Where is the entertainment that comes with strategy in PvP ?
- Since the last update, many people think this game has gotten worse. But no one does anything about it.
- Let's keep playing !

Rekful
05-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Well I happen to pvp in the level 20 bracket. The bracket is growing fast with good - up and coming players. Its not hard to get a good match going, I always have friends on that are willing to play and the competition is there. Its not all about steamrolling newbs anymore. (Well sometimes hehe)
I have not played my 36 at all because I was destroyed with the new abilities. I figured I'd wait it out until everything was balanced.
I do agree with you about needing new content. I have made my argument on previous threads so I will not go off here. But, with that being said, I still love the game and will continue to play. We will get our update soon, I can feel it ^.^

Rek

Skeokateva
05-25-2013, 11:56 AM
I do agree with you about needing new content. I have made my argument on previous threads so I will not go off here. But, with that being said, I still love the game and will continue to play. We will get our update soon, I can feel it ^.^

Rek

+1

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

DocDoBig
06-01-2013, 03:41 AM
Time to update this.

DocDoBig
06-30-2013, 05:32 AM
Updated this in advance for tomorrow.

3 Months & 10 Days to record since the release of the lv. 36 cap.

Blazndragn
07-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Insert update here!!!

#Yolo
07-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Yolo doc keep up the work yolo

Rekful
07-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Smh, at least something for 4th of July! *crosses fingers*

Rek

Sunneedae
07-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Smh, at least something for 4th of July! *crosses fingers*

Rek

lol, if there was, i must have missed it...
~Sunneedae

DocDoBig
08-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Updated this thread my apologies for the delay.

DocDoBig
08-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Updated it in advance for the 1st of September. :)

Enjoy your double XP Weekend! And your Start into the Sep!

doomdoomdoom
08-30-2013, 06:13 PM
Thanks Doc. Wow....it has already been 5 months since the last level cap raise? That makes me get my hopes up that this bonus xp weekend is in anticipation of a level cap raise. *fingers crossed*

Sunneedae
08-31-2013, 08:10 AM
Thanks Doc. Wow....it has already been 5 months since the last level cap raise? That makes me get my hopes up that this bonus xp weekend is in anticipation of a level cap raise. *fingers crossed*

I'm holding my breath until a level cap raise to 41!!
ready... here I go...
*holds breath*

*passes out*

DocDoBig
08-31-2013, 08:55 AM
Lol guys.

Thanks!

Conquered
08-31-2013, 08:58 AM
Lol guys.

Thanks!

No man, Thanks to You!

mafiainc42
09-01-2013, 04:18 PM
yayyyyyyyyy!! Ill be waiting for all the new recyacled vanities as well!!!!!

and the 1 day to get my tooned lvl capped. and wait another 2years for new content, yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

watch pokemon i mean al get updated every month laugh at ever one spending thousands (rtm) on new gear just to be worthless in a month to spend a couple more thousands!!!!!! yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Sunneedae
09-01-2013, 04:39 PM
yayyyyyyyyy!! Ill be waiting for all the new recyacled vanities as well!!!!!

and the 1 day to get tooned lvl capped. and wait another 2years for new content, yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

watch pokemon i mean al get updated every month laugh at ever one spending thousands (rtm) on new gear just to be worthless in a month to spend a couple more thousands!!!!!! yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Your enthusiasm is contageous!!
OMG!! YAY!!
~Sunneedae

canislupis081376
09-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Wow..after all that..even my sarcastic a....self, can summon up a "YaY!!"

Sunneedae
09-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Wow..after all that..even my sarcastic a....self, can summon up a "YaY!!"

Let MEE help!!

YAY!!

~Sunneedae

DocDoBig
10-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Added another month.

DocDoBig
10-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Added average and median time, thanks to Apollo for the suggestion!

The Average Time an Expansion needs to be developed is 134.5 days ( 4 Months and 2 Weeks).

The Median is 134.5 days Days (4 Months and 2 Weeks):