View Full Version : Recording tournament matches!

Zeus
04-23-2013, 04:45 PM
Hello, tourney ladders & tournament players,

If you want your matches to have video footage, I just wanted to let you know that I am now recording videos in super HD with crisp smooth gameplay for those that want to watch matches.

I'll do this by joining your match (Just hit me up on forums, I regularly check PMs like they're facebook and get email notifications for them).

Then, I'll record the match for others to watch as well! If you want, I can always edit in some voice commentary to make it more realistic. :D

As any good video maker should do, here are my specs:

• 15" maxed out Macbook Pro Retina with 16 gig RAM, 500 GB solid state drive, & 1GB nVidia GEFORCE GT 650M
• 20+ FPS HD Video Recorder

I'll try to upgrade the video recorder to something even better when possible! :)

Let me know what you think and if anyone is interested,

Apollo

Roberto077
04-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Which recording software do you use? Screenflow is what I used on mac and Bandicam is probably the best for PC. Fraps is good, but Bandicam has the same quality and compresses the file.

Cheenivie
04-23-2013, 05:43 PM
I like the idea it's always fun to see how, ppl u don't pvp often, play

Noodleleg
04-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Reflector app is very useful, but costs a bit :p

Zeus
04-23-2013, 06:13 PM
QuickTime has a built in screen recorder that seems to do the job for now.

I'll post a sample video later.

Keep in mind that this was just a video made VERY quickly. Other videos, I will add commentary and break up the fights, also enhance the deaths with special effects, etc.

I added in a few special effects so people could see, but this was just a crude video.

XghostzX
04-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Parth, I'll test with you as your first video! :D

Zeus
04-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Parth, I'll test with you as your first video! :D

I already have a sample video for Gladiator vs. Subscribers, but I wouldn't mind recording you.

Again, it's just a sample. An actual tournament match video would include live commentary, enhancing deaths and critical scenes, and special effects.

Spyce
04-23-2013, 06:51 PM
I already have a sample video for Gladiator vs. Subscribers, but I wouldn't mind recording you.

Again, it's just a sample. An actual tournament match video would include live commentary, enhancing deaths and critical scenes, and special effects.

Post it!

Zeus
04-23-2013, 06:54 PM
Post it!

Waiting for it to be processed by YouTube. :D

Spyce
04-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Waiting for it to be processed by YouTube. :D

Radical.
Send me the link when it's done?

Roberto077
04-23-2013, 07:09 PM
Radical.
Send me the link when it's done?

You speak for us all here

Zeus
04-23-2013, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqHfIfRcUyI

It's up! Some of the special effects are just examples of what you will see when a player dies. Plus, I'll be doing stuff like zooming into the player upon death, etc.

I might even add in some stills that show the score after each kill kinda like how they do in UFC matches and stuff.

I just didn't want to put in all that effort for a sample video, so instead I just showed some elements of what I'd use and the quality of the video.

Spyce
04-23-2013, 07:15 PM

It's up! Some of the special effects are just examples of what you will see when a player dies. Plus, I'll be doing stuff like zooming into the player upon death, etc.

I might even add in some stills that show the score after each kill kinda like how they do in UFC matches and stuff.

I just didn't want to put in all that effort for a sample video, so instead I just showed some elements of what I'd use and the quality of the video.

Pretty good video actually.
I like that Youtube Username "Harry Potter"

"Zeus as the Mustache Mexican"
Made me laugh.
Lol.

Nihiliste
04-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Came out really nice, like the editing. And lol at "Mustached Mexican".

skrapicoco
04-23-2013, 07:35 PM

Nice vid!

Maybe on next recording you can zoom out a lil bit so viewers can see the whole scene as opponents fly :)

Zeus
04-23-2013, 07:38 PM
Nice vid!

Maybe on next recording you can zoom out a lil bit so viewers can see the whole scene as opponents fly :)

That's the max zoomed out. I can't do any more, unfortunately.

I zoomed it out max so I could cover more area without cutting the contenders off.

inkredible
04-23-2013, 07:42 PM
that looks really cool

XghostzX
04-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Parth, does the sample video have commentary as well?

Zeus
04-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Parth, does the sample video have commentary as well?

Nah, I know you're itching to hear my smexy voice.

Find someone to do a match with tonight and I'll definitely do another video with you, this time fully loaded with commentary and everything. It may take a day or two to get up though.

XghostzX
04-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Nah, I know you're itching to hear my smexy voice.

Find someone to do a match with tonight and I'll definitely do another video with you, this time fully loaded with commentary and everything. It may take a day or two to get up though.

Haha sweet, alright.

Subscriber
04-23-2013, 10:27 PM
I got smacked.

That's a nice vid, maybe edit some things out to make it shorter or speed it up?

Zeus
04-23-2013, 10:29 PM
I got smacked.

That's a nice vid, maybe edit some things out to make it shorter or speed it up?

Yeah, that's what I'll be doing in tournament ones, I think.

I was thinking something like this: A still to indicate first fight, second fight, third fight, etc & cutting out the rest of the footage. The only probably is then this would take out time for me to have some witty commentary.

skrapicoco
04-24-2013, 12:58 AM
That's the max zoomed out. I can't do any more, unfortunately.

I zoomed it out max so I could cover more area without cutting the contenders off.

weird..this is how zoomed out looks like to me

Zeus
04-24-2013, 11:42 AM
weird..this is how zoomed out looks like to me

Hmm, I'll try again and see how it goes.

Is anyone down to do some recorded fights today?

Caiahar
04-24-2013, 11:50 AM
nice video....but i couldnt hear anything, did you do it like that? if not, my computer must have a problem

Zeus
04-24-2013, 12:12 PM
nice video....but i couldnt hear anything, did you do it like that? if not, my computer must have a problem

I won't be putting in commentary until videos that actually matter, like tournament videos. This was just a sample video.

dudetus
04-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Ghost, who will u be vsing with ;)?

Caiahar
04-24-2013, 12:41 PM
I won't be putting in commentary until videos that actually matter, like tournament videos. This was just a sample video.

I see. I wouldnt be able to do matches since currently my player and ipads chargers are broken, and i cant pvp on chrome.
EDIT: This could be useful for ghosts tourney or EFM's tourneys :D

Roberto077
04-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Yeah, that's what I'll be doing in tournament ones, I think.

I was thinking something like this: A still to indicate first fight, second fight, third fight, etc & cutting out the rest of the footage. The only probably is then this would take out time for me to have some witty commentary.

Post Commentary would probably be good for most videos. Live commentary is best left.... live

Deathofan
04-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Dang, nice video! Just a small tip, you might want to toggle skills so you can cover more area by the camera. Anyways, even without it, it was a great video, hope to see more videos like this come up. If you need someone to record, im down to vs anyone with my 56 bear.

Zeus
04-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Post Commentary would probably be good for most videos. Live commentary is best left.... live

Meaning instead of giving my thoughts on it during the match (by voice), I give it after in another section?

I was thinking to record, and then do a voice over to get commentary in. If people don't like that though, I can always do commentary after and have some music going on or something during the actual fighting.

@Death Thanks! I recorded another video, didn't use that tip though because I saw it a tad bit too late. I'll do it with the next one. Also, I got a better video recorder so it shouldn't be laggy. One of the downfalls is that it can't handle my resolution without getting laggy (2880 x 1800) so I had to switch to a 1280 x 720 recording resolution.

Another one is in the works, this time with commentary. If anyone can reply quickly if they want live commentary or afterthoughts towards the end of the video, please let me know now so I don't waste time doing something that people won't like.

Caiahar
04-24-2013, 02:08 PM
So are you saying that you record the video, and edit in your voice in?

Zeus
04-24-2013, 02:15 PM
So are you saying that you record the video, and edit in your voice in?

Yes.

Sryyoulose
04-24-2013, 02:46 PM
56 sewer turney going on now :) You should tape
Tape me
And add awesome comments on my nub bear skills

XghostzX
04-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Ghost, who will u be vsing with ;)?

I have no idea yet.

As for whether you want to cut out scenes to shorten it up, or include commentary - I think it's important that you balance the two out. That'll make the videos really neat for future tournaments.

Deathofan
04-24-2013, 03:47 PM
1280 x 720 is more than enought, 2880 x 1800 is for super high end devices lol.

Zeus
04-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Okay, I finished the video. It'll be uploaded soon & then only thing left is for it to be processed by YouTube.

I did everything except live commentary for two reasons:

1. Somebody suggested it wouldn't go well.

2. It would be hard to keep up with the quick 1v1 fights, soooo, I think I will just add music in future videos and give my thoughts and opinions towards the end with a recording of myself talking, perhaps.

Zeus
04-24-2013, 05:48 PM
It's up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D_XuP-xPjM

Watch in HD!

XghostzX
04-24-2013, 06:04 PM
it's up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d_xup-xpjm

watch in hd!

i want voice commentary

Zeus
04-24-2013, 06:08 PM
i want voice commentary

-.- K!

XghostzX
04-24-2013, 06:48 PM
-.- K!

now!

Ape
04-25-2013, 12:12 AM
Subbed.

Wendellism
04-25-2013, 12:19 AM
Why isn't this thread stickied already?!?! I want to watch LIVE streams from professionals in Pocket Legends PvP!

dudetus
04-25-2013, 03:17 AM
Why isn't this thread stickied already?!?! I want to watch LIVE streams from professionals in Pocket Legends PvP!

There are no professional gamers in PL.

Only people who r better than others.

Ape
04-25-2013, 08:12 AM

There are no professional gamers in PL.

Only people who r better than others.

There may be some who make money by uploading PL content. These are 'professional'

Dex
04-25-2013, 09:46 AM
If this is to be put into place then STS should definitely consider adding a spectators option in pvp so that you can record/watch the fights better.

TheBedtBird
04-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Hey the video was good, but it would be alot better if you didnt make the screen transitions at the exact moment the player gets the kill:) Do that and some more of that slow motion things you did in the beginning of the first video and your video would be near perferection:)

dudetus
04-26-2013, 11:27 AM
There may be some who make money by uploading PL content. These are 'professional'

Well, tell me one sponsor who would even consider sponsoring a PL gamer. There are no tournies with any sort of benefical value and therefore there isn't any professional gamers in this game.

I do think that some of those CoD quickscoping zomgomgooomg clans may be coming to PL as one shotting is part of PvP.

Ape
04-26-2013, 12:04 PM

Well, tell me one sponsor who would even consider sponsoring a PL gamer. There are no tournies with any sort of benefical value and therefore there isn't any professional gamers in this game.

I do think that some of those CoD quickscoping zomgomgooomg clans may be coming to PL as one shotting is part of PvP.

A machinema partnership can be with any game if u have a few k subs. But u can take a youtube parter ship whenever u want, but than u can only make money by uploading guides or u need a license from spacetime studios.

angeldawn
04-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Nice job Parthy. I agree with the others. You need voice commentary. Or a text overlay durning editing. The typing durning is distracting. I also agree to hold off on the transitions for a few seconds. Let us see them there dead :)

Again great job!!