PDA

View Full Version : How to kill Keeper, my way.

Chickdigcookies
10-08-2010, 12:06 PM
probably has been posted, but eh.

so the keeper has this awesome push back, and at times it kills everyone but tanks. well...he only does his push back to the people in front of him. so we have 1 tank, and 4dps/healers.

-assign a tank, and help him get aggro. taunt a lot tanks.
-dps stay back until tank has aggro.

NOTE: The Keeper is a ranged boss.

-tank pick a corner and put your back against the wall.
-when tank has aggro, dps push boss to a wall so he stays there.
-dps stack on someone BEHIND the boss and have a fun time dpsing.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz208/chicksdigcookies/786373dc.jpg

The Keepers push back will push the tank to the wall, so basically hell stay in the same position. Tanks should keep on taunting and beckoning to hold aggro. dps should not be hit once and never die, unless youre really bad.

have fun.

Drewl90
10-08-2010, 12:33 PM
lol i see kavanah in the picture. :D

anyways i was wondering. does this mean that the dpsers can use skills as well? won't that aggro the boss?
and also, how long will it take if we use this method?

Chickdigcookies
10-08-2010, 12:39 PM
yeah i was going all out, but make sure you dont move him, i was doing hot-flash and he would come back to the middle...

took 5 minutes. with 4 people. silvercreed had just gotten there. i would avoid using dmg pots because you would pull aggro from the tank...we didnt and he never moved again...simply killed him.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-08-2010, 12:39 PM
thats a good idea :)

Drewl90
10-08-2010, 12:43 PM
okay so conclusion is: don't move him? damage combo skills are okay to use? just no moving him?

Chickdigcookies
10-08-2010, 12:58 PM
okay so conclusion is: don't move him? damage combo skills are okay to use? just no moving him?

you can move him towards the tank. i was doing fireblast...and it would just come back to the middle. just keep him on the wall. Kvanah was beckoning as well. so he moved him too. just keep him hugging the wall.

but yeah, full blown assault.

Gaabob
10-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Also a tactic to use are the ice specials for Mage, it seems to stun the keeper and he doesn't attack. I haven't experimented but for u hardcores might want to check it out. If it works like that then just no specials that move the boss.

Snakespeare
10-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah, we were doing this. And people kept getting in front of him. Y'know, how many times do you have to die before you get it, I wanted to ask. Stay behind him.

Sometimes they could push him towards my tank (Corelli) with fireblast, then I could hit him.

One time he blew me through the wall and I was floating over dark space and he kept blasting me further and further away until I went through another wall way past the Mynas room. And then I lost aggro. When I got back he had wiped the team. I was a little miffed because I had to buy another Tanker's Ale.

Arterra
10-08-2010, 02:03 PM
i noticed this when helping Angarcher actually get past this level, the tank kept trying to go forward but just couldn't lool so I went around the room, behind him, nightmared/weaknessed and fireblasted him to the tank lol. was amazed i didn't get killed, behind him works.

ps i hate whoever ratted out the ranged boss wall trick to the devs lool. while trying to demonstrate it, the keeper intelligently just walked around the corner separating us and blasted me out... xD i sure hope they didnt do this to deadeyes too or my future characters are bust lol