PDA

View Full Version : Spider boss Frostbite 2 cents

katish
04-23-2013, 08:17 PM
It took us close to an hour to kill this boss. Getting there was easy enough, getting out nearly impossible. I have some problems I know have been reported but I wanna throw in my 2 cents.

1 - Boss still reaches beyond the red area warning cones.This is ridiculous, he even pulls me in from behind his back and I get 1 shot killed over and over and over. I noticed this on him and on Grimnr as well.

2 - The ice patches take forever to melt down, soon we ran out of spots to run around him, it's a nuisance. Needs a bit of tuning down imho, but whatever.

There's my 2 cents, and only 2 indeed.

I'd like to know that the extended reach is indeed a bug that's gonna get fixed. This has been mentioned over and over, can we get a clear response?

thanks in advance

drgrimmy
04-23-2013, 08:30 PM
What they did seem to fix was the red zone jumping around all over the place before he strikes.
As a sorcerer I do find that I still unexpectedly get one shotted when I am at full health, to the side
or behind the spider and not even with one of his special "red zone" skills. This is kinda annoying
but I do find that it helps to switch to defensive gear and a pet with lots of str (eg ribbit) right before
you start fighting him. It really cuts down on the number of times you get one shotted, and you are
a far better help to your party with a little less damage rather than wasting your time running back to
the boss. Oh yeah, and when I see the red zones, if I am anywhere close I start spamming the health
pots while running to make sure my health is 100% just in case I get hit. In terms of the ice, annoying,
but after you play a couple times you get used to avoiding. Who ever has aggro should pull the spider
from the ice spots when too many accumulate in one spot. With a decent party you should be able to
do the level in 10min or preferably less. One hour is definitely unreasonable, and I feel for you.

Edit: oh yeah, and I'm referring to the elite version. I assume you were too...

Natrich
04-23-2013, 08:32 PM
I think the ice patches are set at 2 minutes right now, probably should be cut in half

katish
04-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Yeah I did mean the elite version lol thx for pointing it out.

I am not that elite tho I guess.. only 1 set of armor to run around in :(

Maybe you don't even see the red zone cuz you're behind him lol.

Yup, mob turning while preparing his attack did get fixed, but the extended reach is still going on. I do the same, spam health pots while running for my life but it's just not fun for me. I dont have a problem with the ice patches besides them being annoying, but the extended reach really ruins the fun for me.

I hope people (and devs) realize I'm not complaining that it's hard, hard is fun! Just make it so the boss follows the rules, fix the extended reach bug and I'm game!

Cero
04-23-2013, 11:08 PM
likewise, on 3rd map even if your outside just near the red zone/just came out from it i still got hit.

and whats this needing luck lix for a pink reroll?

SkyDagger
04-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Ice patches is too much.. and once the frostbite pulled exactly on Ice patches.. oh men im a dead statue standing here. I think freeze effect is kinda 5 seconds or something. then that ice patches need the time it stays lower it >.< its hard to run full of ice patches on the ground. stock stock stock :/ imhappy when you freeze you can still used skill . but cant

Fire Bug Elixir is the best way to stop the ice patches, but how about the non plat user :(

sigh*

Jcyee
04-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Well it it's taking you an hour to kill the boss, you're obviously doing something wrong...

katish
04-24-2013, 01:57 AM
maybe you can show me how to do it right then?!

Excuses
04-24-2013, 02:08 AM
So sts want us to buy FIRE BUG!!

Too much business... huh..?

itsmagic
04-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Where can u get that fire elixer?

X29798
04-24-2013, 06:33 AM
Where can u get that fire elixer?

Buy it south east of stronghold, talk to watchman. It cost 15 plat for 1 hr.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Cornface
10-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Can i add my 2 cents as well?
I know its a bit late considering your post was originally in April.
However, for anyone trolling through the forum when your phone has a dead battery, like me....

Recently STS said that they fixed the ice patch timing issue and i confirmed it myself when i did it today. They thaw out in less than a minute perhaps 30 seconds and they dont fill up the room any more, just the middle. I counted between 6-10 ice patches at any one time.

Regarding beating him, im a Rouge and solo'ed him in about 10 minutes using my Bow set up. Basically i kited (a PL term for running circles) around him and the ice patches, keeping him in the middle at all times and continuously charged Aimed Shot and Charged the bow. I will note that i still used about 30 health pots in doing this, running with Horton i didnt need any Mana pots because of his Mana buff.

Unlike the other bosses in Nordr (Alpha, Frostr or Grinmr) i didnt notice any difference after he/she went below 50% health.

Read this post on Nordr bosses, its quite good
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?97708-Tanking-through-Elite-Nordr&highlight=grimnr

Hope this helps anyone else out there, if you need help, message me in the forum or reply here.

Good luck

KingMartin
10-15-2013, 02:23 AM
Try to have at least one Vixen in the party and blow him away from the patch.

Also (I never tried) another idea comes to my mind - use George and stun him when he winds up that small red cone (it's the patch "attack")

Desperoto
10-15-2013, 06:42 AM
maybe you can show me how to do it right then?!

well don't play with tanks then, and if you want help add me ingame i can help u in 2 minutes

Hectororius
10-15-2013, 08:44 AM
well don't play with tanks then, and if you want help add me ingame i can help u in 2 minutes

Dont hate on Tanks brah... Sucks that some of these newer bosses are not tank friendly at all.

Does Vixen work on Ferrix too?

KingMartin
10-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Dont hate on Tanks brah... Sucks that some of these newer bosses are not tank friendly at all.

Does Vixen work on Ferrix too?

I don't have Vixen on rogue but I don't see why it would not work. Vixen blows away any boss I think.

BTW, I noticed that at Ferrix tank can aggro the mist, thus exposing Ferry to bloodthirsty rogues :)

Being a former tank, I feel a bit sorry for warriors in Shuyal but if used properly tanks can still be very useful for a moderate party, particularly when biting through the mobs.

kilian27
10-15-2013, 12:23 PM
If the boss hits you like if you are out of the red zone, its because you have a bad connection, nothing else.

bhutkeyur
10-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Well it it's taking you an hour to kill the boss, you're obviously doing something wrong...

try with warrior solo in normal blue loot gear at 25-31 lvl