PDA

View Full Version : I don't think that exp elixirs are working correctly?

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 03:13 AM
This is getting ridiculous. I bought a 60 minutes combo elixir and I played Haunted runs until the elixir ran out and I didn't even level up from 13 to 14! How on earth is that possible? I did gain experience but maybe like 800? You gotta look into it because it's tiring to waste platinums, play hours to not even level up at a very low level and even more.

THANK YOU. :)

SkyDagger
04-24-2013, 04:23 AM
with a smile :) . I think myst mobs in dead city maps gave more exp in that current level. well maybe. i dont know :)

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 04:30 AM
Did one solo hauntlet run. With double experience. 40 kills (wtf its normally 90) and 22 exp.

Hauntlet is normally 90 kills and 96 exp.

WHY do I get 40 kills and 22 exp PER RUN??? With double exp...

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 04:39 AM
Did another test.

7 day exp + double exp + 60 min combo on ( 3 different exp elixirs ) made me earn 28 exp in an entier hauntlet run? Please LEMME KNOW?!

Serancha
04-24-2013, 07:56 AM
Watchers tomb is still the best place for leveling - you might want to try there. I don't believe the elixirs are broken, since they worked just great for leveling frenzy after the update. Perhaps the experience gained in the hauntlet has changed with the recent tweaks to that zone....just a thought.

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Did a test run in Watcher Tombs 4, solo with double experience elixir + 7 days experience elixir. 68 experience gained for the whole map. Normal? Nope.

Rare
04-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Did a test run in Watcher Tombs 4, solo with double experience elixir + 7 days experience elixir. 68 experience gained for the whole map. Normal? Nope.

That's just weird. I used 7 day and was getting about 350 per run I think. Maybe 400 in w4.

But I'm pretty sure the skeletons that the sorcerers summon do not give xp.

I don't solo though. Might have something to do with that.

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 08:28 AM
That's just weird. I used 7 day and was getting about 350 per run I think. Maybe 400 in w4.

Pretty sad. :/

Oh well. Guess i'll get a ''no, everything is fine'' answer.

Rare
04-24-2013, 08:48 AM
Pretty sad. :/

Oh well. Guess i'll get a ''no, everything is fine'' answer.

Have you tried it in a group? Maybe there is a bug with soloing.

Try it in a group and see what happens.

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Have you tried it in a group? Maybe there is a bug with soloing.

Try it in a group and see what happens.

Just did. I gain 3 experience more. WOW..

Uzii
04-24-2013, 09:37 AM

I don't solo though. Might have something to do with that.

Only 350 with lixer? hm..i get around 300 without in wt4. was thinking to buy but its not much difference for me.

@mystic ur toon is cursed fosho! :D

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Guess I spent 100's of plats on lix for nothing.

Look they dont even work properly.

Zeus
04-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Mystic, buddy, I get that you're upset but a little patience will do wonders for the devs refunding your platinum.

It's a bug, therefore their fault. I'm sure they won't deny refunding your platinum & fixing the bug.

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Mystic, buddy, I get that you're upset but a little patience will do wonders for the devs refunding your platinum.

It's a bug, therefore their fault. I'm sure they won't deny refunding your platinum & fixing the bug.

I doubt they will refund all these platinums. And this bug, I also talked about it months ago and nothing. And after everything that happened recently around this game, i'm losing my patience. :(

Rare
04-24-2013, 11:07 AM
Only 350 with lixer? hm..i get around 300 without in wt4. was thinking to buy but its not much difference for me.

@mystic ur toon is cursed fosho! :D

Might be more than that. It was just a ballpark guess. Certainly more than 40 like Myst was reporting.

Rare
04-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Guess I spent 100's of plats on lix for nothing.

Look they dont even work properly.

I didn't quite get what you were saying with these pictures? Are you saying you bought all the plat elixirs and it shows up differently in your current elixir window?

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 11:12 AM
I didn't quite get what you were saying with these pictures? Are you saying you bought all the plat elixirs and it shows up differently in your current elixir window?

Ment to show another bug and to show how buggy elixirs are. I bought them all and I still can buy some, like if I wasn't using any when I am. Also, they didn't even gave me the speed nor armour nor damage nor experience.

Simply trying to explain that from 1 to 15, i've been buying and buying elixirs that doesn't work plus maps doesn't grant their normal kills and experience points.

Yep, i'm not even dreaming it is a bug and if no one has that then i'm screwed cause they won't fix it...

Cremated
04-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Ment to show another bug and to show how buggy elixirs are. I bought them all and I still can buy some, like if I wasn't using any when I am. Also, they didn't even gave me the speed nor armour nor damage nor experience.

Simply trying to explain that from 1 to 15, i've been buying and buying elixirs that doesn't work plus maps doesn't grant their normal kills and experience points.

Yep, i'm not even dreaming it is a bug and if no one has that then i'm screwed cause they won't fix it...

I thought you solo haunt maybe no bonus party exp.. Correct if i am wrog.

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 11:17 AM
I thought you solo haunt maybe no bonus party exp.. Correct if i am wrog.

Yes, no bonus.

But entier hauntlet map, with 3 different EXP elixirs, I get 22 EXP??? And around 40 Kills?? On my previous char, it was 85 kills and around 100 EXP.

Cremated
04-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Yes, no bonus.

But entier hauntlet map, with 3 different EXP elixirs, I get 22 EXP??? And around 40 Kills?? On my previous char, it was 85 kills and around 100 EXP.

Aha understand now :/

Lojack
04-24-2013, 11:34 AM
The xp elixirs work, I just tested them again in all combinations. I asked design if the xp numbers were what they wanted.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with the screenshots... you don't have any of the elixirs purchased in the first screenshot that are running in the second screenshot.

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 11:35 AM
The xp elixirs work, I just tested them again in all combinations. I asked design if the xp numbers were what they wanted.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with the screenshots... you don't have any of the elixirs purchased in the first screenshot that are running in the second screenshot.

EDIT: Picture below proves me right.

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 11:42 AM
There. Can you see now?

http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w635/fjewjkfbewfkjesgfesg/ffa2c290-2110-4ae5-9516-1b13c3c640e4_zpse3782444.jpg (http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/fjewjkfbewfkjesgfesg/media/ffa2c290-2110-4ae5-9516-1b13c3c640e4_zpse3782444.jpg.html)

Believe me now that I spent hundreds of platinums on non-working elixirs, and been playing ALL day to get 10 kills and 10 experience because there is a huge problem?

Lojack
04-24-2013, 11:52 AM
The elixirs in the HUD menu aren't the same as the combo elixir. You have the combo elixir running so of course you can buy the others, they stack.

You won't have the "glowing thingy" when running the combo elixir.

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 11:55 AM
The elixirs in the HUD menu aren't the same as the combo elixir. You have the combo elixir running so of course you can buy the others, they stack.

Well, before when you purchased the combo, you did have the blue thingy. Anyways, if they stack that's even worse.

60 Combo (60% EXP) + 7 Day (60% EXP) + Double EXP = Something like triple experience.

1 full haunted run with triple experience = 22 EXP gained with nearly 85 kills? (kills not even showing properly on my stats).

Please, Lojack, no more posts like this because I know what i'm talking about and I know what I saw. It still does it. There is a big problem somewhere.

Eversor
04-24-2013, 12:55 PM

The day the expansion came out, I definitely could not stack the double xp elixir with the combo elixir. I was a bit frustrated when I bought the combo elixir and found out it wouldn't stack with the double xp.

Aniscater
04-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Haha luck is with you Myst;)

Samhayne
04-24-2013, 02:13 PM
The day the expansion came out, I definitely could not stack the double xp elixir with the combo elixir. I was a bit frustrated when I bought the combo elixir and found out it wouldn't stack with the double xp.

The change to the 15 minute xp elixir that went out with with the expansion on Thursday introduced some stacking wonkiness. This was corrected in the patch on Monday.

Deadroth
04-24-2013, 02:19 PM

LOL... Combo elix grants the blue glow beacon...

FluffNStuff
04-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Well, before when you purchased the combo, you did have the blue thingy. Anyways, if they stack that's even worse.

60 Combo (60% EXP) + 7 Day (60% EXP) + Double EXP = Something like triple experience.

1 full haunted run with triple experience = 22 EXP gained with nearly 85 kills? (kills not even showing properly on my stats).

Please, Lojack, no more posts like this because I know what i'm talking about and I know what I saw. It still does it. There is a big problem somewhere.

That sounds less like a stack issue and more like a 'Ooops, when we scaled it to 31 we completely messed up the XP for the lower levels and now they are getting tiny fractions." Perhaps they could look into that also?

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 02:31 PM
That sounds less like a stack issue and more like a 'Ooops, when we scaled it to 31 we completely messed up the XP for the lower levels and now they are getting tiny fractions." Perhaps they could look into that also?

Yes. :/

Lady_Pebbles
04-24-2013, 02:36 PM
In group runs your exp is much higher than solo runs... I believe its their way of making players work better as a team despite the fact that there are players out there who don't want to rely on anyone else.

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 02:43 PM
In group runs your exp is much higher than solo runs... I believe its their way of making players work better as a team despite the fact that there are players out there who don't want to rely on anyone else.

Previously said that even with all the EXP elixirs stacked and full group, a full haunted run gave me 26 experience.

@Lojack, Fluff is right. Please look into it!

Samhayne
04-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Ok Mystical, I'm not sure what your issue is. I'd ask that you please be more thorough in your documentation and less "sensational" with your posts. It would really help us if you are seeing a specific issue. Our QA team has played and doesn't see an issue with it. If anyone else wants to take some time to post their experience, we'd appreciate a different perspective. Given that we have thousands of players playing and few, if any, complaints in this vein, we're pretty confident that everything is working as expected.

I just took the time (playing on live) to load up a rogue at level 16. Here is my experience. I don't see anything amiss.

0/1600 exp Lvl 16 Rogue.

17/1600 exp Lvl 16 Rogue after 1 solo run of the Hauntlet, killing all mobs, no elixirs

41/1600 exp Lvl 16 Rogue after turning in the Hauntlet quest (I had it in my quest book and just had to turn it in after seeing that golden question mark)

58/1600 exp Lvl 16 rogue after another run, this time with a 15 Sorc and a 16 Sorc. I am running on live and not controlling who can get in the run.

Purchased the 2x 15 min elixir, 60 minute combo elixir and the 7 day exp elixir. Keep in mind that xp elixir effects are additive, not multiplicative.

100/1600 exp Lvl 16 Rogue after a run with a lvl 17 Warrior with all of the above elixirs running.

Seems fine to me.

Please keep in mind that exp gives fractional points per kill. In general 1 kill does not equal 1 exp.

Also, for what it is worth, I found the Hauntlet a horrible leveling game play experience solo. I much prefer to fight a nice string of small groups or individual mobs when playing my rogue, rather than the hordes of health chugging groups that I get in the Hauntlet. IMHO, I'd rather play the normal zones than do solo Hauntlet runs. It was a lot more fun when grouped with the 2 Sorcerers, who were nicely crowd controlling and aoe nuking the mobs.

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Sam, so killing 80 mobs to receive 17 EXP seems ''fine'' to you? And having all elixirs together to have 10 more experience seems also ''fine'' to you? I know you're angry at me, but I keep my word on this one. If this is ''fine'' to you, what's the point of spending tons of platinums to receive few 10's experience more?

FluffNStuff
04-24-2013, 03:06 PM
Sam, you just answered your own question! 17 experience for an entire run of the Hauntlet that used to be 100 exp at that level? Clearly something got messed up in the code when it was scaled for the higher level players.

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Sam, you just answered your own question! 17 experience for an entire run of the Hauntlet that used to be 100 exp at that level? Clearly something got messed up in the code when it was scaled for the higher level players.

Exactly.

FluffNStuff
04-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Maybe we should start a new thread, as the name was changed and it no longer reflects the actual issue. The EXP elixirs ARE working correctly, what is not working correctly is that the experience in the Hauntlet at level 16. The reason it appeared as though the elixirs were wrong was because the EXP is such a low fraction that the increase is negligible.

So, actual issue:
Hauntlet is should be giving around 100 experience to a level 16 player that runs it, but is currently giving 17 experience. This is a bug.

Samhayne
04-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Lets take one issue at a time, shall we?

First, it appears that elixirs are working correctly. There is a significant multiplier gained from using them.

Secondly, experience per run. I'm sorry but I don't have a benchmark number for that. Exp has always been fractional per kill. To go from 16 to 17 doing only Hauntlet runs at 17 xp per run is some 94 runs. If you're knocking those out in 3 minutes then 4.7 hours of grinding. If that's how you choose to play, then power to ya.

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 03:18 PM

First, it appears that elixirs are working correctly. There is a significant multiplier gained from using them.

Secondly, experience per run. I'm sorry but I don't have a benchmark number for that. Exp has always been fractional per kill. To go from 16 to 17 doing only Hauntlet runs at 17 xp per run is some 94 runs. If you're knocking those out in 3 minutes then 4.7 hours of grinding. If that's how you choose to play, then power to ya.

4.7 hours from 16 to 17? Excuse me, but that's NUTS. There is a bug there. Not normal to kill 80 mobs to get only 17 experience. So, kill 4 to 5 mobs for ONE experience point? Sam, lol?

FluffNStuff
04-24-2013, 03:21 PM

Agreed, can set that to rest.

Hauntlet previous to the "scale to 31" gave 100 experience to a level 16 player (and all level players, since it scales difficulty with the player), so that 17 xp per run is a bug. There seems to be something that happened with the recent change that disrupted the lower level players experience, which should be fixed, especially since it is in a level 16 town.

Samhayne
04-24-2013, 03:26 PM
4.7 hours from 16 to 17? Excuse me, but that's NUTS. There is a bug there. Not normal to kill 80 mobs to get only 17 experience. So, kill 4 to 5 mobs for ONE experience point? Sam, lol?

That time to level is without any elixir. Load up some elixirs and you're cutting that down to 1 hour 54 minutes.

Yes, experience has always been fractional so it is entirely possible that killing 4-5 mobs (especially minions) could = 1 exp.

You chose to use the word NUTS, so I'll also use it in my reply to you.

I personally think that leveling a 0 death character to 26 with over 60,000 pve kills is nuts. To then expect to go into a new expansion (where you don't know the boss mechanics) and not expect to die is a bit nuts as well. Further, to then go on to delete that character, that you have invested clearly a lot of time and effort into, is sorta nuts as well. Then, to go back and level up a new character, not remember just how long it took to level up and then come to the Official Message Forums and complain loudly, well, given your history, doesn't seem so nuts does it? It seems perfectly reasonable for you to do so.

I'm sorry Mysticaleagle, but I don't think there are valid issues to your complaint. Maybe that the blue ring isn't there with the combo elixir, but that's all that I see.

Samhayne
04-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Hauntlet previous to the "scale to 31" gave 100 experience to a level 16 player (and all level players, since it scales difficulty with the player), so that 17 xp per run is a bug. There seems to be something that happened with the recent change that disrupted the lower level players experience, which should be fixed, especially since it is in a level 16 town.

Where did this 100 exp per run number come from? You feel that someone without any elixirs should be able to level from 16 to 17 in 16 runs of the Hauntlet? If you are doing those runs in 3 minutes (some can go much faster) then it would take you 48 minutes to level from 16 to 17, without any elixirs? Add elixirs in and you'd be there in a matter of minutes? That doesn't seem all that right to me. I think we'll just have to agree to disagree?

Rare
04-24-2013, 03:33 PM

Well, I'm not sure this is correct.

The entire last season I leveled 2 toons solely in Hauntlet (lv 21-26). I consistently got around 125 exp by clearing the entire map using the 7 day elixir.

And even right now. I just ran Hauntlet with my L28 sorc with the 7day. Just clearing the first area alone I went from 1308xp to 1351xp.

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 03:34 PM
That time to level is without any elixir. Load up some elixirs and you're cutting that down to 1 hour 54 minutes.

Yes, experience has always been fractional so it is entirely possible that killing 4-5 mobs (especially minions) could = 1 exp.

You chose to use the word NUTS, so I'll also use it in my reply to you.

I personally think that leveling a 0 death character to 26 with over 60,000 pve kills is nuts. To then expect to go into a new expansion (where you don't know the boss mechanics) and not expect to die is a bit nuts as well. Further, to then go on to delete that character, that you have invested clearly a lot of time and effort into, is sorta nuts as well. Then, to go back and level up a new character, not remember just how long it took to level up and then come to the Official Message Forums and complain loudly, well, given your history, doesn't seem so nuts does it? It seems perfectly reasonable for you to do so.

I'm sorry Mysticaleagle, but I don't think there are valid issues to your complaint. Maybe that the blue ring isn't there with the combo elixir, but that's all that I see.

I knew you were angry at me. Want me to describe things also? Oh wait, i'll get banned again. Because you won't have any answers and you'll ban me to simply skip it. Sorry sam, but we both have a point here. I am a 0 death fan. My death was caused by a bug that you fixed after my death. Anyways, I buy thousands and thousands of platinums, what's wrong if I delete a character? Nothing since i'll buy platinums again to level up again to find more bugs and get rejected like if I was a murderer. Nice community, nice communications and nice considerations.

I really dislike how you treat the ones that supported you from the start of this company, and still does.

(please don't ban me now, i'm working on a huge thread right now so I don't want all my typing wasted).

Rare
04-24-2013, 03:36 PM
Where did this 100 exp per run number come from? You feel that someone without any elixirs should be able to level from 16 to 17 in 16 runs of the Hauntlet? If you are doing those runs in 3 minutes (some can go much faster) then it would take you 48 minutes to level from 16 to 17, without any elixirs? Add elixirs in and you'd be there in a matter of minutes? That doesn't seem all that right to me. I think we'll just have to agree to disagree?

Its really not much when you think about it.

100 xp in about 3 minutes? I get about 400 xp in about 6 minutes in watchers tomb with a good party.

Rare
04-24-2013, 03:40 PM
I knew you were angry at me. Want me to describe things also? Oh wait, i'll get banned again. Because you won't have any answers and you'll ban me to simply skip it. Sorry sam, but we both have a point here. I am a 0 death fan. My death was caused by a bug that you fixed after my death. Anyways, I buy thousands and thousands of platinums, what's wrong if I delete a character? Nothing since i'll buy platinums again to level up again to find more bugs and get rejected like if I was a murderer. Nice community, nice communications and nice considerations.

I really dislike how you treat the ones that supported you from the start and still does.

(please don't ban me now, i'm working on a huge thread right now so I don't want all my typing wasted).

Honestly Myst... the problem here is that you're taking it very personal. If you state the problem and give information they can look into it. From a developer standpoint, I understand where Sam AND Lojack are coming from.

When I get bombarded by a customer saying "Your stuff is broken fix it fix it fix it. I'm being robbed" While at the same time many of my other customers are using the same thing and don't have any issue, it really tunes me out. And naturally, in my head I think "f u." Conversely, I've had several customers that are very helpful in resolving major issues that are difficult to root cause (especially when they are localized to a specific customer only)

Samhayne

100 xp in about 3 minutes? I get about 400 xp in about 6 minutes in watchers tomb with a good party.

Aedenos, can you please provide some additional data about your experience in Watchers Tomb when you're getting 400 xp per run? What level is that at? What's the party make up? Are you using elixirs? Which Tomb zone exactly? Can you provide some actual numbers of xp change?

It's nice to compare apples to apples :)

FluffNStuff

I don't feel anything, or have any opinion on how fast it takes a person to level. Hauntlet is a level 16 area, and prior to the "scale to 31" players got at least 1 XP per mob killed, more with a full team. They are now getting less.
Something changed. This is either a bug or a nerf. If it is not intentional, then I thought the team might like to look into it. If it is intentional, well it is your game.

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 03:44 PM
Honestly Myst... the problem here is that you're taking it very personal. If you state the problem and give information they can look into it. From a developer standpoint, I understand where Sam AND Lojack are coming from.

When I get bombarded by a customer saying "Your stuff is broken fix it fix it fix it. I'm being robbed" While at the same time many of my other customers are using the same thing and don't have any issue, it really tunes me out. And naturally, in my head I think "f u." Conversely, I've had several customers that are very helpful in resolving major issues that are difficult to root cause (especially when they are localized to a specific customer only)

I don't want to be the ''nice guy'' when I get treated like dirt.

Especially from someone I like a lot. Yes, you Sam.

Rare
04-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Aedenos, can you please provide some additional data about your experience in Watchers Tomb when you're getting 400 xp per run? What level is that at? What's the party make up? Are you using elixirs? Which Tomb zone exactly? Can you provide some actual numbers of xp change?

I don't have exact figures. I'll try to get them in a bit when I have time.

But I just leveled my Rogue from 30 to 31 in Watcher's tomb 4 (granted mostly in full parties). I want to say the average XP I got was around 400 (using 7 day 50% xp elixir). I'll try to get exact numbers on my sorcerer later.

maneatingtree
04-24-2013, 03:53 PM

Nooooooo Sam please leave us our last non broken xp place? I can vouch for myst and the rest. Before the cap was raised to 31 Hauntlet DID give around 87xp per run without elixers (more if killed boss slowly) and this was perfect (got like 2 shilohs from25-26 :) ) anyways. This was then kinda destroyed by the update when the xp was lowered so much :/ and the difficulty upped alot (not complaining). But watchers tomb is one of the last 2 decent places for fast leveling, the other being kraken mines 3. The xp is being gained at about 350-400 per run of watchers tomb 4, way more with xp elixers added in. Please don't change that :/

But to answer questions, level= 25, party make up (whats this?) uh i prefer 3 warriors and me (mage) and elixers for the 400xp are non really.

wvhills
04-24-2013, 03:53 PM

Lol. Sam, everyone got 100 xp per run in hauntlet before update. that's why everyone leveled there. it was 80 xp per run without the boss fight and 100 xp with 7 day 50% elixir (no boss). How else do you think people were getting to max level so fast? by running new content? haha. it surprises me that this seems to be news to the dev team when it's common knowledge. from levels 21-25 i was averaging 1 min per run or 100 xp per run. It took my about 30 min to gain a level. Once again, common knowledge.

that was changed this update when mobs attack power and health went through the roof so everyone went to wt4 to level (I can confirm aedenos numbers of aroun 400 xp per run (which takes 6 min with good group and about 8 min with average group)). No one levels in new content, it's way to hard and long. We rush to cap in hauntlet or tombs, buy the new gear then start farming. I, for one, won't go through the time and effort of leveling in the new zones. You guys always make them way to hard and it would take way to long for me to do it that way. If hauntlet and wt4 were nerfed I'd take my gaming dollars elsewhere.

Samhayne
04-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Well, I'm not sure this is correct.

The entire last season I leveled 2 toons solely in Hauntlet (lv 21-26). I consistently got around 125 exp by clearing the entire map using the 7 day elixir.

And even right now. I just ran Hauntlet with my L28 sorc with the 7day. Just clearing the first area alone I went from 1308xp to 1351xp.

Ok, I set my rogue up to level 25 and picked up some gear off the Consignment Shopp. I removed all elixirs.

I headed over to the hauntlet and got into a full party run at level 25 with a 23, a 27 and a 25. I think the full party and level 27 in the group bumped the mobs up a bit, as they conn'd yellow to me at 25.

After the run I had made 83 exp. If I had a +50% 7 day elixir that would have been 124.5.... not so far from Aedenos' 125 that he remembers.

Samhayne
04-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Lol. Sam, everyone got 100 xp per run in hauntlet before update. that's why everyone leveled there. it was 80 xp per run without the boss fight and 100 xp with 7 day 50% elixir. How else do you think people were getting to max level so fast by running new content? haha. it surprises me that this seems to be news to the dev team when it's common knowledge. from levels 21-25 i was averaging 1 min per run or 100 xp per run. It took my about 30 min to gain a level. Once again, common knowledge.

Sounds like we fixed a bug somewhere along the way with the Hauntlet giving out too much exp. Perhaps I should be apologizing for not having better note control and having included that information in a patch somewhere. By your own accord, 30 minutes to gain a level seems a little out of line, no?

FluffNStuff
04-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Ok, I set my rogue up to level 25 and picked up some gear off the Consignment Shopp. I removed all elixirs.

I headed over to the hauntlet and got into a full party run at level 25 with a 23, a 27 and a 25. I think the full party and level 27 in the group bumped the mobs up a bit, as they conn'd yellow to me at 25.

After the run I had made 83 exp. If I had a +50% 7 day elixir that would have been 124.5.... not so far from Aedenos' 125 that he remembers.

OK, so it is working at 25. Now can the team look into why it is not working at 16?

maneatingtree
04-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Ok one run of WT4 with a party of 4, took 5:40 which is around average. No elixers

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 04:06 PM
By your own accord, 30 minutes to gain a level seems a little out of line, no?

No. It seems perfect to me. On topic, this does mean all the elixirs I bought from 1 to 16 were pointless. Good night.

Samhayne
04-24-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't want to be the ''nice guy'' when I get treated like dirt.

Especially from someone I like a lot. Yes, you Sam.

Mysticaleagle, respect is a two way street. You created this thread and went on to post with words like "ridiculous", calling the game "NUTS" and that it was a "waste of platinums" and "wtf" and saying that elixirs "don't even work properly."

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'm sorry that your 0 death character died. We do appreciate that you enjoy our games enough to spend your money on them.

I do have to agree with Aedenos' post where he said:

Respectfully yours,
Samhayne

Samhayne
04-24-2013, 04:09 PM
OK, so it is working at 25. Now can the team look into why it is not working at 16?

The amount of xp gained scales with level. This is by design.

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Mysticaleagle, respect is a two way street. You created this thread and went on to post with words like "ridiculous", calling the game "NUTS" and that it was a "waste of platinums" and "wtf" and saying that elixirs "don't even work properly."

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'm sorry that your 0 death character died. We do appreciate that you enjoy our games enough to spend your money on them.

I do have to agree with Aedenos' post where he said:

Respectfully yours,
Samhayne

Once I wake up and finish my breakfast, i'll give you an hour read of why I am like this, and with all the hundreds of points i'll be explaining, it will be impossible for for you to disagree. Now have a good night.

*wishes good night to the 100's of wasted platinums because of this bug*.

Lady_Pebbles
04-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Previously said that even with all the EXP elixirs stacked and full group, a full haunted run gave me 26 experience.

@Lojack, Fluff is right. Please look into it!
?!?! Wow, I mean ik stacked elixirs aren't stackable the way they used to be before but wow thats a big bug.

EDIT: Btw, anyone notice the 2x exp elixir went up from 2plat to 8plat on a so called "special" offer? Pfft. Smh.

Samhayne
04-24-2013, 04:12 PM
I too need to get on to the announcements for Star Legends level cap raise. Have a good day or night, depending on where in the world you are :)

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 04:13 PM
I too need to get on to the announcements for Star Legends level cap raise. Have a good day or night, depending on where in the world you are :)

Montpellier. Temporary job. Thanks for wondering.

Caiahar
04-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Myst, i think sam and lo understand that you are a bit angry, but they have thousands of other people who play and cant keep up with everyone. You must understand they are working very hard.

Mysticaleagle
LAST thing: Should I email support because of this bug I wasted so many platinums or... Meh? Fine bye.

maneatingtree
Mystical, you spent hundreds of plat after realizing it was not giving you the xp that you desired? Doesn't that sound kind of like you are at fault? Say this was a bug, would you consider yourself to be abusing a bug? (Last question is a joke :p)

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Myst, i think sam and lo understand that you are a bit angry, but they have thousands of other people who play and cant keep up with everyone. You must understand they are working very hard.

Mate, you're the wrong person to tell me something like that.

Mystical, you spent hundreds of plat after realizing it was not giving you the xp that you desired? Doesn't that sound kind of like you are at fault? Say this was a bug, would you consider yourself to be abusing a bug? (Last question is a joke :p)

BEFORE realising this bug. BEFORE.

Caiahar
04-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Mate, you're not someone that can tell me that.
g
I might, but im simply standing up for StS. They have 4 games, DL recently got a cap, Sl is also getting a cap. From reputation, i understand you used to play PL. Look how the PL community keeps its cool on millions of bugs, and THEN they begin to go crazy, here, ONE bug, people get angry.

maneatingtree
04-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Buying all potions adds up to 103 plat (8 for 2x and 60 for weekly, 30 for the hour). If you spent hundreds on it you bought them more then once. Did you not realise it after the first time?

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 04:21 PM
g
I might, but im simply standing up for StS. They have 4 games, DL recently got a cap, Sl is also getting a cap. From reputation, i understand you used to play PL. Look how the PL community keeps its cool on millions of bugs, and THEN they begin to go crazy, here, ONE bug, people get angry.

Been months I pointed this bug out. MONTHS.

Get your facts in order and please quit quoting me. Not in the mood to argue with your kind right now.

Mysticaleagle
04-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Buying all potions adds up to 103 plat (8 for 2x and 60 for weekly, 30 for the hour). If you spent hundreds on it you bought them more then once. Did you not realise it after the first time?

After 2x times all bought. 200+ Platinum wasted. Anyways, good night. Really.

Trande
04-24-2013, 04:22 PM
I totally agree with Myst.. i bought a X2 exp to my lvl 18 Rogue and it took me 3 days in hauntlet to get lvl 19 .. i was pretty angry, but i try to keep calm and don't write angry threads.. hehe
And if you will ask - Maybe you played a 1 hour per day ?
Answer is : No, at least 5 hours.
So, something weird going on.

Caiahar
04-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Been months I pointed this bug out. MONTHS.

Get your facts in order and please quit quoting me. Not in the mood to argue with your kind right now.

Nor am i. And yet i do it. Im having a miserable time in rl life. Im kinda bad to compare to PL, but here:
Bugs that have been unnoticed by StS for months.
Here, same thing.
P.S: If you are trying to power level, i dont recommend it. I heard Sam say,
"Dont try to power level at such a low level. Play through the Campaign"
when a guy was complaining about wt4 not working for lvl 12...

maneatingtree
04-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Calm down, this should be constructive feed back on an issue that MANY players have noticed. Not a hate thread. Saying hurtful things such as "your kind" won't get this problem solved...

wvhills
04-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Sounds like we fixed a bug somewhere along the way with the Hauntlet giving out too much exp. Perhaps I should be apologizing for not having better note control and having included that information in a patch somewhere. By your own accord, 30 minutes to gain a level seems a little out of line, no?

Well, that depends. Lets use nordr as an example. If I could go into nordr and play with decent level 26 gear and have success then it wouldn't be so bad. As it is, nordr is way to hard for me to grind from 26-30. It would take more time than I'm willing to spend. So, im that respec im fine with taking 30 min to gain a level. I don't like grinding xp, I liked farming gear and pvping but after fighting the normal bosses its clear to me that it will take 20-30 minutes or more to beat the elite bosses. That's too much time, potions and plat revs for me. I've given up on pvping because I'll never get the elite gear it requires. I think from now on my in game time will be drastically reduced. I'll hop in from time to time to see if any friends are in and chat or do runs with them and that's about it. I really wish u guys would scrap the party system and implement PL's system where people can join any time during the run. Pugs would be a lot easier then. I understand u guys like the timed runs in elites to encourage competition to get on the leaderboards (and to increase people's play time to get on leaderboards) but I think more people would play if u scraped the time runs and implemented PL's system.

FluffNStuff
04-24-2013, 04:34 PM
g

We keep our cool when they acknowledge bugs and look into them, not pawn them off as an undocumented feature.

Chaim Nail
04-24-2013, 05:28 PM
As it is, nordr is way to hard for me to grind from 26-30.

*pipes up*

I went from 26-30 by bouncing between the first two levels of Nordr doing solo runs, going to the other level just before getting to the (stupidly tough) bosses. Yeah I know WT4 is better but it's visually very boring to run around the same grim underground area over and over. I also do most of the daily runs and some farming of the early levels to build up some gold for when I get to 31 so I can buy much better gear, I'm 50k short of 1m now and I've got my eye on one of those hammers that looks like it was stolen from Looney Tunes... :)

*crawls back into the game*

eugene9707
04-24-2013, 11:13 PM
May i ..... suggest you making a 0kill 0 death character ? :P

You should level alot faster with higher lv xD

Mysticaleagle
04-25-2013, 03:00 AM
We keep our cool when they acknowledge bugs and look into them, not pawn them off as an undocumented feature.

Couldn't say it better myself.

Jellowpy
04-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Wow grabs a popcorn great read =))

Anway just wanna confirm the 100-130xp per run in hauntlet before this update since almost all my characters are lvld there and before the lvl 31 cap update i lvld two zero death character during 2x xp one lvl25 rogue and one lvl25 warrior i stopped at lvl 25 since ive done it bef lvl 31 patch so goin fr lvl25-26 needs 26k... Thats why i waited for new patch to come but have no time at the moment .. Anywayyy just giving my two cents on this issue something happened in XP gain in Hauntlet after nordr patch came..

MattyMV
04-25-2013, 04:27 PM
I don't know myst or anyone else here, but I am also here to confirm that Hauntlet has been screwed up after this expansion. After reading the entire thread, we can agree Myst may be a bit overzealous. However, if you have been playing this game before the recent Nordr expansion then you would definitely notice that the Hauntlet has been tweeked with as far as exp and mob strength are concerned. I lvled 3 toons using the hauntlet before Nordr expansion, and with a party of the same lvl area (21-26) with no elixers I was averaging about 90-100 exp per run at 1:50 secs. It's easy to see why people lvled so fast. Of course I used the 7 day elixer (Which has also been nerfed timer-wise) which cut the time spent in hauntlet drastically. From 21-25, I was lvling once every 40-50 mins strictly on just the hauntlet with a 7 day elixer. Things have definitely changed. The hauntlet enemies are stronger though less of them appear. Also, the exp has been nerfed drastically. Mystical's complaints are real. Shutting them down as if he was lying is just as bad as him being overly emotional.

Samhayne
04-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Hey MattyMV,

There were a number of different issues, which makes the discussion of them a little muddy. As I recall it:

1) Were exp elixirs working correctly?

2) Exp per run in the hauntlet has changed.

I think I showed that #1 is ok with elixirs working correctly.

Also, I think that #2 was show in this post http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94917-I-don-t-think-that-exp-elixirs-are-working-correctly&p=1066299&viewfull=1#post1066299 that at level 25, with no elixir in a full party made 83 exp in a run. If I had the 7 day elixir running I'd have made 124.5 - which doesn't seem that far off from what you recall, no?

I don't think it is accurate to say that the exp has been nerfed drastically.

The bottom line is that we don't have a historical, by level, chart of what a hauntlet run used to give. Regardless of what it was before, the Hauntlet is currently working the way it is and, to us, it doesn't seem out of whack.

We respect Mysticaleagle's input. While we would have liked it to be presented in a more friendly manner, but we can still understand and respect where he is coming from.

Chaim Nail
04-25-2013, 07:42 PM
I ran Hauntlet a lot to level my warrior up to 26 and many times after maxing at 26, so much so that I got enough coins to get Koko once, Shiloh twice and Jack three times, but with the lack of XP and more importantly the increased toughness of the enemies within it has effectly ruined it for me. I've only run it twice since Nordr arrived.

Ozusaunake
04-26-2013, 03:36 AM
My response was deleted?
Let me summarize what I said.

Hauntlet gave out 100+ EXP prior to Nordr being released. And it gives not even half that now. If it was a bug, you'd of known by the mass amount of threads on it prior to Nordr and sites dedicated to making levelling guides for games including Arcane Legends.
Sam, you're here claiming it was a bug beforehand and it shouldn't give out 100+ EXP per run. But you expect us to get 26000 EXP to level up to the level cap. How exactly is 100 EXP too much for 1 run of hauntlet when now it takes a lot longer than it did before and if you're claiming to not have known about this bug before, but you seem to know a lot about the game. Then what exactly were you doing beforehand.
And with one of the admins that commented earlier in the thread not knowing of the blue ring that one of the elixirs gave off, how can we expect to have anything done when admins themselves don't know of some things and wont find out for themselves the actual facts before claiming nothing is wrong?
Also, silencing someone that is providing feedback is a poor way to go with things. I've paid money for this game and I find it highly offensive to just throw my opinions to the side.

Rare
04-26-2013, 09:08 AM
My response was deleted?
Let me summarize what I said.

Hauntlet gave out 100+ EXP prior to Nordr being released. And it gives not even half that now. If it was a bug, you'd of known by the mass amount of threads on it prior to Nordr and sites dedicated to making levelling guides for games including Arcane Legends.
Sam, you're here claiming it was a bug beforehand and it shouldn't give out 100+ EXP per run. But you expect us to get 26000 EXP to level up to the level cap. How exactly is 100 EXP too much for 1 run of hauntlet when now it takes a lot longer than it did before and if you're claiming to not have known about this bug before, but you seem to know a lot about the game. Then what exactly were you doing beforehand.
And with one of the admins that commented earlier in the thread not knowing of the blue ring that one of the elixirs gave off, how can we expect to have anything done when admins themselves don't know of some things and wont find out for themselves the actual facts before claiming nothing is wrong?
Also, silencing someone that is providing feedback is a poor way to go with things. I've paid money for this game and I find it highly offensive to just throw my opinions to the side.

I ran it and got around 125 xp in a full run.

Unless you are talking about low level. It DOES appear there is a bug at lower lvls. LVL 16 at least. I did not have any problem with my L30 toon. I am still netting over 100xp per run using the 7day elixir.

Slashiroth
04-26-2013, 11:43 PM
So Sam what you are saying is that it is OK for haunlet to give such poor exp now compared to before where it was a great place to lvl up? Seems a bit unfair that even after numerous players are concerning that haunlet used to give 120+exp with 7 day elixer you refuse to put it back to what it was.

Rare
04-27-2013, 08:02 AM
So Sam what you are saying is that it is OK for haunlet to give such poor exp now compared to before where it was a great place to lvl up? Seems a bit unfair that even after numerous players are concerning that haunlet used to give 120+exp with 7 day elixer you refuse to put it back to what it was.

Gotta read the whole thread. For end game levels it gives the correct experience.

At least I haven't heard anyone say otherwise.

Orpheus272
04-29-2013, 05:32 AM
Quite true, i got 1 hour double xp, make a test with wt4 full party, normally it would give around 300 exp per run, but with 2x exp, it only give 400 exp per run, can you devs fix this ? Sad but true.:(

Rare
04-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Quite true, i got 1 hour double xp, make a test with wt4 full party, normally it would give around 300 exp per run, but with 2x exp, it only give 400 exp per run, can you devs fix this ? Sad but true.:(

what level?

I was getting 450+ xp on my lvl 30 in a 4 member team with just the 7 day elixir.

Orpheus272
04-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Im on level 30 mage, the problem occurred yesterday when i got 1 hr elixirs, my other hero warrior level 31 didnt get this problem last time while leveling up:(

Rare
04-30-2013, 05:11 AM
Im on level 30 mage, the problem occurred yesterday when i got 1 hr elixirs, my other hero warrior level 31 didnt get this problem last time while leveling up:(

Hmmmm. I capped my sorcerer lay night. 7 day elixir and 2x elixir netted around 850 xp on a group of 4.

Orpheus272
04-30-2013, 05:41 AM
Then i think its bugged only for 1 hr elixirs, but its ok for me, just want they fix it in case next time i play my other hero lol. Thx for the info tho:)

Aniscater
04-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Hey, Hauntlet is soon just history, when the new exp system for Nordr maps come n_n

Rare
04-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Hey, Hauntlet is soon just history, when the new exp system for Nordr maps come n_n

I think its already history lol. With the current time it takes to run, its better to just go Watcher's Tomb.