PDA

View Full Version : Noob question about selling and trading

sanchomundo
04-24-2013, 10:41 AM
I have some green and orange items I can't use. Should I just sell them, or should I try to trade them? So far, I have just been selling them, but they might be items that others want.

For example, I have a green power gem. Since I am all dexterity, I don't think it is worth anything to me. So how do I go about finding someone with a dexterity gem to trade with?

Do guilds make trading easy? I have received some invites but haven't joined.

Battlegrinder
04-24-2013, 11:31 AM
First off, when you ask questions like this you should say what level your character is, since that information will change what advice people give you. Green items are pretty much worthless in Lost Expedition since the market is full of pinks, but green items are worth a lot more in Balefort Sewers since greens are much more rare and the number of purple and pink items is far lower.

As a general rule, greens and oranges aren't worth keeping (Balefort Sewers is really the only time there's a market for them, if you're lucky). There are a few exceptions, like Kite Shields and some emerald axes (its either the lvl 10 or lvl 13 version that's rare, I can't recall which). I suggest you swing by the trader's market forum and familiarize yourself with the list of valuable items.

If you're talking about the type of gems I think you are, don't bother with it. Gems are only useful in Forest Haven crafting, and FH crafting is only useful to twinks (everyone else will level up to the point that the gear is outdated very quickly). Liquidate the gem, or hang onto it as keepsake, but don't bother trying to trade it.

Some guilds have a guild auctioneer or selling system in place, but most don't. Unless its a dedicated merching guild, you won't have much more luck in a guild than out of it. The main reasons to join a guild are to get discount elixirs/potions, access to the guild hall, and having a large number of comrades who can help you if you get stuck on boss or something.

sanchomundo
04-24-2013, 12:01 PM
First off, when you ask questions like this you should say what level your character is, since that information will change what advice people give you. Green items are pretty much worthless in Lost Expedition since the market is full of pinks, but green items are worth a lot more in Balefort Sewers since greens are much more rare and the number of purple and pink items is far lower.

As a general rule, greens and oranges aren't worth keeping (Balefort Sewers is really the only time there's a market for them, if you're lucky). There are a few exceptions, like Kite Shields and some emerald axes (its either the lvl 10 or lvl 13 version that's rare, I can't recall which). I suggest you swing by the trader's market forum and familiarize yourself with the list of valuable items.

If you're talking about the type of gems I think you are, don't bother with it. Gems are only useful in Forest Haven crafting, and FH crafting is only useful to twinks (everyone else will level up to the point that the gear is outdated very quickly). Liquidate the gem, or hang onto it as keepsake, but don't bother trying to trade it.

Some guilds have a guild auctioneer or selling system in place, but most don't. Unless its a dedicated merching guild, you won't have much more luck in a guild than out of it. The main reasons to join a guild are to get discount elixirs/potions, access to the guild hall, and having a large number of comrades who can help you if you get stuck on boss or something.

Thank you. That's really helpful. I have a level 22 fox, but I'm still trying to figure out how to use it. Sometimes I see level 12 mages appear and steamroll a mob that is kicking my butt.

So yeah, I saw that FH crafting cannot get me anything I don't already have a better version of. Is that true of crafting in general? Should I just dump my scraps and pieces of leather, plate, etc?

So my oranges and greens I can just liquidate? It's mostly the pinks that people are interested in buying?

Battlegrinder
04-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Thank you. That's really helpful. I have a level 22 fox, but I'm still trying to figure out how to use it. Sometimes I see level 12 mages appear and steamroll a mob that is kicking my butt.

So yeah, I saw that FH crafting cannot get me anything I don't already have a better version of. Is that true of crafting in general? Should I just dump my scraps and pieces of leather, plate, etc?

So my oranges and greens I can just liquidate? It's mostly the pinks that people are interested in buying?

At low level, mages pack a pretty mean punch, especially if the have a damage elixir or something. That trait gets scaled back in higher levels.

As a rule, crafting in STS games is never worth it. In all likelihood, the average player will never own or use a crafted item. Even amoung more hardcore players, crafted gear is still the exception rather than the rule. The only players who frequently have crafted gear are the very, very rich, and twink PvPers. If you get crafting stuff, dumping it is the best choice.

The only items that have a strong market are pink items (usually), purples, and collectibles. The pink market is a little weak in lost Expedition and Alien Oasis because the elite dungeon and cyber quests have resulting in a huge number of pinks getting onto the market, but there is still a profit to be made. Purple items will also always sell, because there's always a guy who needs gear that's just good enough to get by and who doesn't want to pay for pinks. Collectible items (kite shields, gem blades, ect) are also worth a fair amount, and if one happesn to drop for you, you'll have no trouble selling it.

Suentous PO
04-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Wanted to add a couple things..
Some gems are worth 10-20 k depending on consignment shop prices.
Also some pinks are not worth but a couple hundred gold, so when your unsure about price check cs in balefort.
As to the other crafting materials most aren't worth much without the recipe which is the rarest component of crafting lower level armors.
I'd disagree that crafting generally isn't worth it, Ive made some good money selling things I got from crafting. That's just my opinion though.

outcastranger
04-30-2013, 03:34 PM
Orange and green items honestly aren't that rare. However, like the other person said above, there is a market for them in balefort sewers. The one thing I would suggest for selling is to make a character that is high enough level to go into sandstone caves and just tag along with high levels. This way you go through a level fast and the drops in sandstone caves can be worth up to 200k if a lv 21 pink :) (The best sandstone drops are: Crystalline stuff, earthquake stuff, and onyx stuff. Those items have made me rich :)

Ubernewber
05-01-2013, 05:53 PM
I have some green and orange items I can't use. Should I just sell them, or should I try to trade them? So far, I have just been selling them, but they might be items that others want.

For example, I have a green power gem. Since I am all dexterity, I don't think it is worth anything to me. So how do I go about finding someone with a dexterity gem to trade with?

Do guilds make trading easy? I have received some invites but haven't joined.

U should probably just sell the items

If u want to trade/sell u should go to a towne mostly Balefort Castle and say u want to sell a specific item

Yes u can sell to guildies if u can't find others out of guild to sell to