PDA

View Full Version : Int rhino

Cliff Terrell
04-24-2013, 12:54 PM
I am wanting a magic user, but I already have an enchantresss and bird, and I don't want to be a bear or fox. So I'm wondering if y'all think a rhino would be serviceable with a wand, forgoing full strength for mostly int and some dex for more accuracy

Wendellism
04-24-2013, 11:39 PM
Not recommended, as Rhinos are the weakest when it comes to dealing competent DPS compared to the other classes. If you wanted to go for pure INT, here are my pros and cons regarding that build.

90% INT, 10% DEX

Pros
-Able to use ranged weapons.
-Rhino Heal would be reliable for the party.
-Burst damage and DPS would be much better compared to the standard Str/Dex.

Cons
-Too squishy in mid to late game(Level 45-76).
-Useless in PvP as this makes you far squisher than it normally is.
-Only 2 skills are affected by Int; Holy Tempest and Heal.
-Skill Damage from your skills will be bad.
-Ranged combat desynchronizes with your skills as a Rhino's skills are meant to get close and personal.

Gragorak
04-25-2013, 09:57 AM
-Useless in PvP as this makes you far squisher than it normally is.
I don't agree with this statement. Rhino vs. rhino fights are basically about outlasting the opponent; whoever runs out of mana first dies. At least in lvl 50 pvp int rhino seems theoretically better than str rhino.

1. Hate hax set gives 134 armor with defensive set bonus versus shadow wand set that gives 108 armor with defensive set bonus. Difference of 26 might seem high, but it really isnt so big because rhinos can easily tank other rhino's attacks with high armor buffs and higher heal than what str rhino would have.

2. Int set gives higher damage. 103-148 dmg (shadow) versus 102-113 dmg (hate).

3. A lot higher mana regen. Shadow wand set gives 20 m/s while hate set gives only 8 m/s. And int rhino would also have higher base m/s. If int rhino could tank the str rhino, would int rhino win because of higher m/s.

Of course this propably wouldn't work against other classes at all.

whisperwalk
04-25-2013, 01:26 PM
I don't agree with this statement. Rhino vs. rhino fights are basically about outlasting the opponent; whoever runs out of mana first dies. At least in lvl 50 pvp int rhino seems theoretically better than str rhino.

1. Hate hax set gives 134 armor with defensive set bonus versus shadow wand set that gives 108 armor with defensive set bonus. Difference of 26 might seem high, but it really isnt so big because rhinos can easily tank other rhino's attacks with high armor buffs and higher heal than what str rhino would have.

2. Int set gives higher damage. 103-148 dmg (shadow) versus 102-113 dmg (hate).

3. A lot higher mana regen. Shadow wand set gives 20 m/s while hate set gives only 8 m/s. And int rhino would also have higher base m/s. If int rhino could tank the str rhino, would int rhino win because of higher m/s.

Of course this propably wouldn't work against other classes at all.

Not probably, but certainly. You are walking in with lowest hp, ZERO mana shield, and close-range skills. Good luck.

Being capable of outperforming a STR/DEX rhino in Lvl 50 is hardly relevant, as the number of PVP rhinos are like, few...

Note that a STR/DEX rhino CAN pvp other classes at lvl 50. Actually, at Lvl 50 I was "rainbow" with STR for armor, 37 INT for ring (total 13 mana regen), and rest in DEX. It is the recommended approach, as extra mana regen really helps vs bear/mage. I actually like the 50s very much. It is a good time to be a rhino. Pure INT rhino is a build for non-mainstream, joining the ranks of INT bears, INT birds, and INT foxes...

Gragorak
04-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Not probably, but certainly. You are walking in with lowest hp, ZERO mana shield, and close-range skills. Good luck.

Being capable of outperforming a STR/DEX rhino in Lvl 50 is hardly relevant, as the number of PVP rhinos are like, few...

Note that a STR/DEX rhino CAN pvp other classes at lvl 50. Actually, at Lvl 50 I was "rainbow" with STR for armor, 37 INT for ring (total 13 mana regen), and rest in DEX. It is the recommended approach, as extra mana regen really helps vs bear/mage. I actually like the 50s very much. It is a good time to be a rhino. Pure INT rhino is a build for non-mainstream, joining the ranks of INT bears, INT birds, and INT foxes...
I know, it isn't the best possible build and sucks against bears, mages and birds, but it isn't so bad as it might sound. But definitely not as good as str/dex.

But i wouldn't use lvl 10 int ring in any occasion... Being str/dex rhino with lvl 20 dex ring (10 dmg/2dodge or 10 dmg/2hit) and having 1 point in meditation would be a lot better IMO.

whisperwalk
04-26-2013, 07:51 AM
What? Meditation?

Blasphemy.

Gragorak
04-26-2013, 09:01 AM
What? Meditation?

Blasphemy.
I have lvl 50 and 56 rhinos. In rhino 1v1 fights winner is always the one who has meditation. :)

whisperwalk
04-27-2013, 12:10 PM
I have lvl 50 and 56 rhinos. In rhino 1v1 fights winner is always the one who has meditation. :)

You mean divine aura right? Why is that a good skill?

Wendellism
04-28-2013, 01:33 AM
Because Rhino vs Rhino fights are always determined on which rhino has the higher mana regeneration. We fought in PvP once, and it lasted so long...

Gragorak
04-28-2013, 03:15 AM
Because Rhino vs Rhino fights are always determined on which rhino has the higher mana regeneration. We fought in PvP once, and it lasted so long...
Exactly.

tHelonestud
05-01-2013, 08:39 AM
Is this intended for PvE or PvP.
For PvE, I tried an intelligence rhino, and I actually really liked it, you stay back like a traditional support roll, so really you damage skills aren't important at all except for bosses. That allows you to keep your revive at a high rank so it almost matches mage range. The heals aren't quite a strong as for a mage, but the party damage buff is a huge reason for having a rhino healer.
PvP- you will definitely want strength/dexterity maybe 11 intelligence or whatever it is to boost your mana regen up by one.

Slade431
05-27-2013, 11:16 AM
Just recently made another Rhino Character, disliked being a tank rhino So I decided to make a Int Rhino. So far I'm enjoying it being level 25 with full Crystalline Set Consider I'm more of a support class now what would I place my points into

Wendellism
05-29-2013, 07:32 AM
Just recently made another Rhino Character, disliked being a tank rhino So I decided to make a Int Rhino. So far I'm enjoying it being level 25 with full Crystalline Set Consider I'm more of a support class now what would I place my points into

Worst. Setup. Ever.

joshtheboss
05-29-2013, 07:48 AM
You'll be like mage without mana shield and that is to say the least undesirable.

Caiahar
06-01-2013, 08:36 AM

Worst. Setup. Ever.
He really doesnt care if its good or not...hes saying he enjoys it, and thats what this game is for, having fun and enjoying it, right?

Rot
06-01-2013, 09:49 AM

Lanjiaocancer xD Hi I'm from Malaysia ^^

Slade431
06-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Exactly my point haha thank you for agreeing with me

Reciprocal
06-09-2013, 11:47 PM
My rhino, was at 66 now going 71, was str/int and is pretty good. I have positive kdr in tdm and ctf. I used 37 dex for dodge ring. Enough str for the set that I'll be using. And the rest of my points in int. I used humanity not humanian at 66 because of the hit% it gives. At 71, I will have beastly scythe set and sand walker set depending on what I'm playing. Int gives more damage to all skills on rhino except charge. And the extra healing power it provides is much needed in later pvp.

Wendellism
06-10-2013, 12:01 AM
My rhino, was at 66 now going 71, was str/int and is pretty good. I have positive kdr in tdm and ctf. I used 37 dex for dodge ring. Enough str for the set that I'll be using. And the rest of my points in int. I used humanity not humanian at 66 because of the hit% it gives. At 71, I will have beastly scythe set and sand walker set depending on what I'm playing. Int gives more damage to all skills on rhino except charge. And the extra healing power it provides is much needed in later pvp.

Actually, Whisperwalk and I have tested different skill builds regarding skill damage output. It appears Int will only affect 2 skills of the Rhino's arsenal; Heal and Holy Tempest. The rest of the skills are mainly reliant on Strength.

Regarding the healing in PvP, you do not really need to add int just for the main heal itself, what matters in PvP is the insane H/P regen that the heal grants. Thus it is safe to say that what really matters is to get the Rhino to be a tank IMO, since as Whisperwalk said, the Rhino is quite toothless when it comes to dealing damage. Unless of course, you decide to make it a Dex/Int Hybrid, which your skill damage output will suffer.

Reciprocal
06-10-2013, 12:10 AM
The heal itself, when fighting bears for instance, cures hs and stun, and same thing while fighting birds with roots, mages and ice, etc, which in-turn, makes the rhino less susceptible to getting killed in a few hits. Although a dex/int build would have good damage, it wouldn't dodge at all hardly and you would have barely an hp as well. If the rhino tanks too much, then it deals no damage and would eventually die because other characters are able to overpower it with skills when both aren't buffed.

Wendellism
06-10-2013, 12:20 AM
The heal itself, when fighting bears for instance, cures hs and stun, and same thing while fighting birds with roots, mages and ice, etc, which in-turn, makes the rhino less susceptible to getting killed in a few hits. Although a dex/int build would have good damage, it wouldn't dodge at all hardly and you would have barely an hp as well. If the rhino tanks too much, then it deals no damage and would eventually die because other characters are able to overpower it with skills when both aren't buffed.

The thing is, Rhinos are born with 400 HP and 600 MP. Skills are based on STR and only 2 skills are mainly for INT. There is no MS for rhinos, and it's Self-buffs couldn't be stacked with one another. Guardian is a great skill to add on since it prevents any negative effects to happen to you for about 8 seconds, but since the Rhino is still considered toothless in either Str/Dex, Str/Int and squishy on Dex/Int, that buff won't do you any good. In other words even your heal would be useless, since Endgame is all about Dodge and high damage.