PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION:: Nox bolt VS Shadow Piercer

Deadroth
04-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Hey!

I have almost perfect build for PVE for my Rogue :3

This thread is cuz i swich my main from mage to rogue.

For now i have:

1. Aimed Shot
2. Razor Shield
3. Shadow Veil
4. VS...

PASSIVE: DEX, INT, STR

Note: I don't go for trap because of radius... To small to be good for me :D

So i wonder about NOX and SP...
About nox because of Radius and DMG
About piecer because of Healing and DMG

Which is better and why?

Dead :)

Zuzeq
04-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Both are usefull muti-target hitters.

For Dagger user:
SP,

The health pay back would benefit you during close range battle
Hits mutiple mob members harder

For Bow user:

Nox,

Hits mobs hard,
Poisons those around target
Good when coupled with AS against bosses
You don't "need" much health pay back when fight at mid range.

Deadroth
04-24-2013, 02:21 PM
kk so i need both...

So what i need to kick out? Shield or Veil?

Theholyangel
04-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Depends on the type of PVE'er you are, if you like to boost your team and destroy in one spot and hoard mobs, then keep shadow, but if you want to kill faster and keep a nice dodge up, then get rid of shadow. as well, it depends on which you prefer, nox does have nice damage and damage over time helps a lot in pve, but if you want to stay alive and use shield more then go with piercer, it helps a lot when you have a lot of damage on your side.

Deadroth
04-24-2013, 02:57 PM
There should be 5th spot for skill :D

Theholyangel
04-24-2013, 03:00 PM
nooo hehe, too complicated for poor souls like myself to do 5+ skills, thats why i like the 4 ;)

Zuzeq
04-24-2013, 03:36 PM
kk so i need both...

So what i need to kick out? Shield or Veil?

If you mostly play in parties, keep Veil.

ShadowGunX
04-24-2013, 04:33 PM
sp doesnt heal mch. to b effective u should hav a good weapon nd then use it under veil to get around ~60%hp

i recommend to use nox.

Spicy1
04-24-2013, 07:13 PM
sp doesnt heal mch. to b effective u should hav a good weapon nd then use it under veil to get around ~60%hp

i recommend to use nox.

what? at my current health it heals ~200 per hit. Imagine 3 hits in a row, and all successful heals=~600hp which in my opinion is a decent amount.

Khylan
04-24-2013, 07:29 PM
I dumped veil, mobs move too much in group for it to make a difference for me. Razor with dodge and duration is great for pulling a group of mobs together, or if you run into a nasty pack, plus its attached to you unlike veil.
I am 5/5 str, 5/5 dex, and 4/5 int which I will max at 31 (currently 30)

3/5 SP (heal, 3 target)
4/5 Nox (not the duration increase, it breaks the 6m range, still not fixed)
5/5 AS
3/5 Razor (dodge, duration)

For AoE I pop shield, run in a room, fire charged Nox, charged SP, charged nox etc. For single target, as/nox/as/nox till crit stacked, then charged AS,nox, bow. It's been fun so far :)

HerbalEssence
04-24-2013, 09:40 PM
I was wondering something quite similar. Any thoughts are appreciated!
I have agility 5/5
knowledge 5/5
might 1/5
crit 2/5

AS 5/5
Veil 3/5
Nox 2 or 3/5.. crap, forgot. And don't have my phone, lol.
Piercer 2/5

Or something like that. I reskilled about 3 (offers ftw!) or more times between today and yesterday, from pvp build to pve build. I had trap on 2 of those builds and I really enjoyed it.. in wt4, Kraken Mines. One build didn't have Nox and I just felt as though I wasn't dps'ing enough, and without Piercer I felt like a slow poke.. is there a happy medium? *cough*fifth slot*cough!* My opinion on your build is to drop razor shield for something else, but your playing style is what matters here and personally it's not for me. Good luck!

Drearivev
04-25-2013, 04:30 PM
I personally prefer Shadow Piercer because I use knives. It's good to regain health, obviously. I get about 400-500 health back because I only have around 1500 health. But this is me....I can also use Nox Bolt if I wanted to, but I find it doesn't help much. Poison damage also, for me it does around 20 damage each time an enemy is hurt by the poison. So it's not useful for me. But it's really your choice of what works best for you.:biggrin:

Cashews
04-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Aimed 5/5
Trap 5/5
Nox 3/5
Pierce 3/5

For aoe situations I drop trap and then spam aimed (uncharged) and regular attack (uncharged). Daggers hit multiple enemies if they are close to each other and you would be surprised how well this works in wt4. Its a little like mowing the lawn. 400dps with 70% crit that hits multiple enemies at a time is quite effective.

For bosses I stand back and and spam aimed and nox. Pierce is mainly used to get around quickly. This build also transfers well to a bow rogue.

ShadowGunX
04-25-2013, 10:50 PM
what? at my current health it heals ~200 per hit. Imagine 3 hits in a row, and all successful heals=~600hp which in my opinion is a decent amount.

i said it heals ~60% of ur hp. also it depends upon ur dmg stats. more u hav dmg more u will get heal.

ShadowGunX
04-25-2013, 10:54 PM
sadly bt its true that rogue is suffering from
4 skill slot syndrome lol :-P

Excuses
04-26-2013, 12:21 AM
It's basically 10%....
It heals while you gets hit, so feels like I am under effect of HoR. From 100%, I can see my health going up and down 60- 100%.
It does save my health pot than any other skills. Period.

Drearivev
04-26-2013, 08:38 AM
If you read the skill description and observe a bit more you will realise Pierce has a 75% of healing 10% of your hp per hit. Your dmg does not factor into the heal amount, only your base hp.It's actually 70%, but meh, whatever.

Zuzeq
04-26-2013, 08:55 AM
I dumped veil, mobs move too much in group for it to make a difference for me. Razor with dodge and duration is great for pulling a group of mobs together, or if you run into a nasty pack, plus its attached to you unlike veil.
I am 5/5 str, 5/5 dex, and 4/5 int which I will max at 31 (currently 30)

3/5 SP (heal, 3 target)
4/5 Nox (not the duration increase, it breaks the 6m range, still not fixed)
5/5 AS
3/5 Razor (dodge, duration)

For AoE I pop shield, run in a room, fire charged Nox, charged SP, charged nox etc. For single target, as/nox/as/nox till crit stacked, then charged AS,nox, bow. It's been fun so far :)

You're forgeting Veil's dual purpose. Mobs move yes, but your Tanks will always love you if you keep them "smoked". Example: Rolling Elite Crystal Cavern last night and that stupid spider had ice all around him. Tried to pull em, wouldn't work. This is fine for the Mage and me (Bow Assassin) but it all but took the tank out the fight cause he could get close. Tank is trying and trying but couldn't get close. He is freezing every five seconds. The only thing that kept him alive was keeping him "smoked". I run out to the edge of ice and pop Veil and went back to Bowin away(sometimes getting frozen myself). So now a days with these "one hitter quitter" elite bosses, you got to play a little defense.

*Sorry for long post

Deadroth
04-26-2013, 12:57 PM
It's actually 70%, but meh, whatever.

Actually the piercer has "100%" real chance to heal... I always have +30% heal restored... Yep i like bugs like that :D

Deadroth
04-26-2013, 01:59 PM
You're forgeting Veil's dual purpose. Mobs move yes, but your Tanks will always love you if you keep them "smoked". Example: Rolling Elite Crystal Cavern last night and that stupid spider had ice all around him. Tried to pull em, wouldn't work. This is fine for the Mage and me (Bow Assassin) but it all but took the tank out the fight cause he could get close. Tank is trying and trying but couldn't get close. He is freezing every five seconds. The only thing that kept him alive was keeping him "smoked". I run out to the edge of ice and pop Veil and went back to Bowin away(sometimes getting frozen myself). So now a days with these "one hitter quitter" elite bosses, you got to play a little defense.

*Sorry for long post

U sorry for that long post friend? LMAO... It is good and usefull :D

nease
04-30-2013, 08:01 PM
it doesnt have 100%heal

you only heal when you hit an enemy