PDA

View Full Version : How to kill Gurgox the great!

KingFu
10-08-2010, 01:59 PM
I haven't seen a thread how to do so, so here it is!

1) Turn up your volume

2) Fight gurgox pinning him against the wall, using combos and your strategies to kill him.

3) When you hear him starting to roar (his voice will build up deeply) and you see red dust under him building up, RUN FOR A GREEN POWERUP!

4) Repeat!

Tips:

- If you can not get a power up and you're a bird or a bear, use evasion, it might make you dodge it.

- Always let the mages get the power ups first, they can revive you.

- Buying a tank pot might help but isn't needed, most of the damage comes from his growls.

- Don't grab power ups too early, they only last a few seconds.

- Always use debuffs!!!! Break armor, crushing blow, thorn root, etc.

- My personal favorite party to farm this guy is, 2 enchantresses (preferably paladins), 2 tanks, and 1 archer (for the debuffs)

Thanks and enjoy! Screenshots soon to come!

Arterra
10-08-2010, 02:06 PM
well 2 pally's... i understand 2 rezzers is better that one, and i agree 100% on the necessity...... but i just wish nightmare would stack like the break armor shot of archers...

KingFu
10-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Ya but the stack would over power pvp lol;)

Arterra
10-08-2010, 02:59 PM
where it takes a couple of seconds anyway? i think having 2 archers break armor on pvp is the same... i think even bigger range lol

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-08-2010, 03:06 PM
thx for tips guys :)

Gigiwren
05-07-2011, 07:12 AM
Weakness and nightmare are the mage debuffs. (I'm kind of talking to myself...I've bookmarked this page because soon I will be facing Gurgox, and I will have to refresh my memory before I go in.)

RedRyder
05-07-2011, 08:45 AM
You shouldn't have bumped this ancient thread lol

Arterra
05-07-2011, 09:27 AM
i would not go for any pallys. for gurgox, all you really need is to kite him and get a orb when he growls.

2 mages
2 birds
1 bear

that way, you get all the debuffs from all 3 classes, 2 mages in case of revving, and a stomp/beckon in case gurgox is too close to a mage or bird.
also, i save all my hit% debuffs for right before the growl.