PDA

View Full Version : Sealord vs Champion armor

Jexetta
04-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Sealord vs Champions :

This is comparing both of the top level 30 Sealord armor vs the top level 30 Champion armor. Level 30 Sealord actually has better stats then the same level Champion armor. Level 31 Champion armor has equal stat boosts to level 30 Sealord with the only difference being a slight increase in armor on the Champion armor.

I thought I might bring this to light in the rogue community before everyone races to grab the Champion armor. It's my opinion that the Champion's gear should at least be +1 better in all stat boosts when comparing the just released gear to the previous gear. Ideally it should play out like this :

Champions > Sealord > Demonlord > Ranger

But as it stands that's not exactly the case. Buyer / farmer beware before you hunt, hunt, hunt / buy, buy, buy, only to realize that Sealord is pretty much just as good. I would like to see if Demonlord is actually just as good too...

All this being said for farmed gear - It seems to be that both Radiant armor and Bonechill armor from plat crates is in many cases better anyways as the stat drops shows in the linked images above :(

inkredible
04-24-2013, 06:17 PM
what do u have on?

it kinda looks like sealord is better

xxsaraixx
04-24-2013, 06:54 PM
I agree that on some level it doesnt make sense that the best set from kraken, be equal to the top set from nordr, but what might be causing the wierdness is the fact that champion set from chests is not actually the top armor set from the nordr expansion. The noble set from the elite bosses is actually the top set and has better stats then the sealord. My guess is they worked from the top down with the noble set and that is why the champion doesnt match with the sealord.

lovestriker
04-25-2013, 12:21 AM
Ohh...at first I thought champion was better. But then I saw your post.

Well I guess sealord still wins.
Haven't seen that noble set yet.

Carapace
04-25-2013, 12:42 AM
I agree that on some level it doesnt make sense that the best set from kraken, be equal to the top set from nordr, but what might be causing the wierdness is the fact that champion set from chests is not actually the top armor set from the nordr expansion. The noble set from the elite bosses is actually the top set and has better stats then the sealord. My guess is they worked from the top down with the noble set and that is why the champion doesnt match with the sealord.

Correct: Noble(lvl31) > Bloodhammer (lvl30) > Sealord's (lvl30) >= Champions(lvl31)

Champions is a more accessible legendary to help get people decent gear to farm elites that is indifferent to which elite Nordr dungeon you are running. Champions drops ONLY from elite chests (so can be farmed from any Nordr Elite dungeon effectively as it drops from Elite Copper Warchest, Elite Silver Warchest, and Elite Gold Warchest with varying chances to drop), whereas Noble and Sealords only drops from specific Nordr and Kraken Elite areas.

Since Champion's can drop from elite chests, they are going to be more plentiful. It's not the BEST, but for a lot of people it will more than suffice while farming for the best. This is to help players progress through elite content that as people probably noticed is a lot more difficult than previous content.

Khylan
04-25-2013, 11:41 AM
I really like the tier system with loot, you guys are doing a great job with it overall, especially considering how previous expansion gear scales to keep the content viable for players.

Carapace
04-25-2013, 11:52 AM
It's also important to note that the Noble > Sealord's > Champions is also look and preference dependent, and not an absolute. It's more of a generalization of how the gear was designed.

Uzii
04-25-2013, 12:53 PM
I really like the tier system with loot, you guys are doing a great job with it overall, especially considering how previous expansion gear scales to keep the content viable for players.

i like it too. i always concernd that farming for best gear is not very fun with not appropriate armor already. but now thers so many options to choose from, that r actualy good and afordable (not to mention so many different looks :) ) and hardcore players still have something to aim for :)

xxsaraixx
04-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Hi, just wanted to clarrify, it was mentioned above that sea lords drop from elite kraken bosses. In the previous expansion sea lord pieces came from chests and the elite kraken boss drops were the bloodhammer set. Has this been changed or is there a simple mix up in the wording? Thanks.

Carapace
04-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Hi, just wanted to clarrify, it was mentioned above that sea lords drop from elite kraken bosses. In the previous expansion sea lord pieces came from chests and the elite kraken boss drops were the bloodhammer set. Has this been changed or is there a simple mix up in the wording? Thanks.

nice correction, sometimes I lose track with all the items we have :)

Xstealthxx
05-05-2013, 02:24 AM
so u sacfrificed ur damage/ DPS for HP?

Zheng An Peter Han
05-05-2013, 05:15 AM
what about bonechill?