PDA

View Full Version : Need a PvE Bow spec for rogue, Open to options!

Iamshizam
04-25-2013, 04:51 AM
I keep finding myself using aim shot more than anything in elites for Nordr(Seeing melee just gets you 1 shotted if you dont get out of red attacks in time)

So I finally decided to switch to Bow spec.

If people can kindly throw in a few good specs and items (currently level 30) would be appreciated.

ishyrionek
04-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Shadow piercer 2/5: healing 10%; rather to move than attack;
Aim shot 5/5;
Nox 4/5: no need of 6m aoe;
Shadow veil 4/5: no kaboom; if u wanna switch to pvp u need change it to medics packs;
Passives: Int 5, dex 5, dmg 5.

Charged Veil when u can ( charged = bigger aoe ). When u cant, then repeat: aim, nox, auto attack.

Necklage: 30 quest amu
Bone bow

D-Zaak
04-25-2013, 07:45 PM
I just changed to a bow build as well. I'd love to get everyone else's insight into what works best.

Ishy, I'm surprised with piercer. I understand the healing aspect, which is handy for a pure dex squishy babe, but isn't the point to keep your distance? The only time I go near a mob is for trap/veil. Anyway, here is my bow build:

Aimed: 5/5
Nox: 4/5 (no extra 6m range)
Veil: 3/5 (added armour buff and dmg buff)
Trap: 3/5 (added bleed dmg and net retraction)

Passive:
DEX 5/5
INT 5/5

Radiant of potency/savvy gear
Shipmaster's Bow (on a budget and don't see the bone bow as big enough of an upgrade to invest. Let me know if you disagree)

Do you guys think this bow build is good? I've only been using it for 1 day. When doing tomb runs, I'm still using depraved blades though as I seem to piss everyone else off in the party if I'm using bow lol.

ishyrionek
04-26-2013, 03:08 AM
You can move quickly with uncharged version + escape very fast with charged version + its so so for pvp... But without medics u can only follow warriors.
Traps were nice for ss. Nowadays the only one important hard part are bosses. Traps arent so usefull now.

Zuzeq
04-26-2013, 09:50 AM
*Clears Throat*; I have tested just about every Bow Assassin build you can make. Guess what?...all the high AoE dmg dealing ones can't go without Shadow Storm Shot(under rated 4sho). Before the update I rolled all bow skills plus Veil. Only charging SSS in my rotation, looked like a freaking machine gun. Now I have parted ways with Nox Bolt. To deal quick and even dmg to at least 3 elite mob members I suggest the following,

Aim Shot
Shadow Storm Shot
Shadow Pierce
Shadow Veil

"Why 3 mob members? What is this guy talking about?" If you go into an elite map, boost party members(Veil, Tank love that smoke..lol) and retain the ability to break off and hold your own against at least three mob members that are not a part of the main mob the tank has under agro (Bow and other ranged mob member) then thats pro status...lol.

Pop Veil over Tank(or dagger rogue)- Take the fight straight to ranged fighters (Spam AS, normal, C. SP, C. SSS) repeat.

KatRogue
04-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Zuzeq.. Add me plz KatRogue... Are all those skills 5/5?

Asahetek
04-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Previous build

Noxious bolt 5/5
Aimed shot 5/5
Shadow storm assault 5/5
Razzor shield 4/5

Passives
5/5 agility
1/5 int
1/5 str
3/5 crit

New build

Noxious bolt 5/5
Shadow storm assault 5/5
Aimed shot 5/5
Shadow veil 3/5 damage and armor buff

Passive
Agility 5/5
Critical 3/5
Might 2/5
Knowledge 2/5

Limsi
04-29-2013, 08:56 PM
Shadow Pierce 3/5
Aimed 5/5
Nox 4/5
Veil 3/5

Int Passive 5
Agi Passive 5
Str Passive 5

spuddragg
05-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Anyone ever use these 4 skills for your build?

Aimed Shot
Nox Bolt
Shadow Storm Shot
Trap

Asahetek
05-02-2013, 02:20 PM
I like the trap skill but it has a limited range and is useful to kill mobs, but not as useful for the bosses