PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions About The Warrior...

SirMageR
04-25-2013, 12:21 PM
1. Why do people say put passive DEX? it seems almost useless to me...only gives a tiny bit of health and a tiny bit of dodge and crit: not really things a warrior needs, compared to other passives.

2. How mnay points has everyone got in Horn of Renew? Im really curious, but at the moment, i just have 2: the duration. i do want to be a good tank so idk about the others.

Please Reply. Thanks All!!!

ShadowGunX
04-25-2013, 12:55 PM
#1 idk. mayb coz in pvp nd it gives dmg dps dodge nd crit bt it seems negligible to me.
i prefer putting in int. extra int is good.

#2 i recommend to max that horn skill f u want to tank nd help others. that 2sec immunity shield is good at boss if u can use it in time to evade boss special skill (u can kno wen boss has red area nearby)

SirMageR
04-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Ah ok, thanks. is extra area and taunt good? i prob wont do area, but maybe taunt for my vengeful blood, idk.

inkredible
04-25-2013, 03:27 PM
before the stats update.. dex does nothing to warrior but ever since they updated the stats
DEX now benefit warriors. being said,maxing dex gives warr more dmg /dps than maxing out dmg passives

ShadowGunX
04-25-2013, 03:30 PM
yep u should hav extra area to heal partner if he/she is little away nd taunt more distance enemies. a good tank should b capable of taunting enemies nd maintaining aggro.
u should also hav windmill to b a good tank.

venge is good bt it is optional. u can choose rally cry to increase ur team survivality. i switch venge to rally cry coz venge is no use as it doesnt return mch mana. although it giv dmg str nd crit buff bt it is a jk comparing to rogue/mage (except str part)

SirMageR
04-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks.

ShadowGunX
04-25-2013, 03:34 PM
before the stats update.. dex does nothing to warrior but ever since they updated the stats
DEX now benefit warriors. being said,maxing dex gives warr more dmg /dps than maxing out dmg passives

bro those stats given by dex to warrior is negligible.
maxing agility passive gives +25dex.
nd +25dex gives 0.25dodge; 0.17crit; +25HP nd 0.8dmg

ishyrionek
04-26-2013, 05:03 AM

1.25 dodge, 0.62 crit, 75 hp, 1.8 dmg
Tested with Granite :-)

Excuses
04-26-2013, 06:11 AM
Dex is for the dmg. If rogue is mana starving class, we are dmg starving class.
And in pvp if you have veng, you will almost never run out of mana. (I use ss+cs which skills have shortest cd. But works good)
But in pve, always run out. (There pots are....)

So it depends your play style and skill tree.
And I like armor 5% too because 5% of 1200 is 60 which is real big number you can get with amount of golds on some best gears.

Hor could be 3/5 to 5/5
I used to have 3/5 (no taunt because heal itself taunts anyways. And no area. You don't really need this in pvp if you have a lot of warrior friends.)
But I heard HoR with taunt will get aggro back from mage's lifegiver, and mages are never next to me when their health is going down,( and I need them in elite :)) so upgraded to 5/5. Works great in both pvp and pve for my team(to save my rogue friends. Lol) .
Again it's all up to you. There is no right and wrong.

ShadowGunX
04-26-2013, 12:38 PM
1.25 dodge, 0.62 crit, 75 hp, 1.8 dmg
Tested with Granite :-)

negligible for warrior. :-P

ShadowGunX
04-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Dex is for the dmg. If rogue is mana starving class, we are dmg starving class.
And in pvp if you have veng, you will almost never run out of mana. (I use ss+cs which skills have shortest cd. But works good)
But in pve, always run out. (There pots are....)

So it depends your play style and skill tree.
And I like armor 5% too because 5% of 1200 is 60 which is real big number you can get with amount of golds on some best gears.

Hor could be 3/5 to 5/5
I used to have 3/5 (no taunt because heal itself taunts anyways. And no area. You don't really need this in pvp if you have a lot of warrior friends.)
But I heard HoR with taunt will get aggro back from mage's lifegiver, and mages are never next to me when their health is going down,( and I need them in elite :)) so upgraded to 5/5. Works great in both pvp and pve for my team(to save my rogue friends. Lol) .
Again it's all up to you. There is no right and wrong.

u lose out of mana coz :-
#1 u dnt hav enough dmg
#2 u dnt hav int passive
#3 u dnt use str/int gears
#4 u dnt use vb+windmill combo
#5 u dnt use mp regen pets
:-) B-) :-D ;-) :-P O:-)

Excuses
04-26-2013, 08:47 PM
u lose out of mana coz :-
#1 u dnt hav enough dmg
#2 u dnt hav int passive
#3 u dnt use str/int gears
#4 u dnt use vb+windmill combo
#5 u dnt use mp regen pets
:-) B-) :-D ;-) :-P O:-)

Hmm.. kind of going out of topic...
But wrong information.

#1 doesn't make sense. I do use veng but I kill mobs even before I get hit which mean my dmg is good enough. ;) if mobs are standing there and hit me I will complain about my health.
#2 I have 2 points on int passive
#3 except my sword all my gears are str/int
I have 810 mana without pet. If I use str/dex gears, it would be about 500 only.
#4 and yes. I use veng+CS+SS. So because of short cd of these skills I need lots of mana. And SS stuns, which doesn't give me mana back.
#5 mana regen pet is not that useful when you have to use a skill every other sec. So I use nexus sometimes, but still need more. I have 960 mana with slag which I usually use, and each skill use about 80 mana. In about 10 sec I am out of mana. You think pet can cover this amount? No way.

Because bosses' attack is insanely hard now, stun pet is really important on elite map.
So I have to risk my life to regen mana sometimes(or just use pots. Mana pots are cheaper than health pots.)

ShadowGunX
04-26-2013, 10:15 PM
Hmm.. kind of going out of topic...
But wrong information.

#1 doesn't make sense. I do use veng but I kill mobs even before I get hit which mean my dmg is good enough. ;) if mobs are standing there and hit me I will complain about my health.
#2 I have 2 points on int passive
#3 except my sword all my gears are str/int
I have 810 mana without pet. If I use str/dex gears, it would be about 500 only.
#4 and yes. I use veng+CS+SS. So because of short cd of these skills I need lots of mana. And SS stuns, which doesn't give me mana back.
#5 mana regen pet is not that useful when you have to use a skill every other sec. So I use nexus sometimes, but still need more. I have 960 mana with slag which I usually use, and each skill use about 80 mana. In about 10 sec I am out of mana. You think pet can cover this amount? No way.

Because bosses' attack is insanely hard now, stun pet is really important on elite map.
So I have to risk my life to regen mana sometimes(or just use pots. Mana pots are cheaper than health pots.)

bro use wm nd u will nvr b out of mana. both cs nd ss sucks mana nd imo cs is useless.
ss is better. also giv mana bck upgrade in ss

inkredible
04-27-2013, 12:21 AM
bro those stats given by dex to warrior is negligible.
maxing agility passive gives +25dex.

thts what i meant.. passive , not dex my bad, maxed out str, might n passive, i keep messing that up

Excuses
04-27-2013, 08:15 AM
bro use wm nd u will nvr b out of mana. both cs nd ss sucks mana nd imo cs is useless.
ss is better. also giv mana bck upgrade in ss

I don't like windmill because of delay time (about 2sec that I can't use skills after windmill). I know windmill will save some mana but I just don't like it. Especially in pvp.

Windmill makes better dmg but I don't know... I just don't like that delay time.
And cs can't cancel boss' winding, but taunting is good like when a boss is chasing a rogue or mage cuz of short cd.(I mean I can use it when I need it.)

And pvpwise, I can throw feeble with cs.
If I compete dmg with rogue, I always lose. So need that feeble to beat them.

Lastly, that mana back in SS is not reliable. But yes might help a bit.

MattyMV
04-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Rally Cry is a useless skill. Taunt on HoR is a wasted point if you have VB maxed. (VB should be maxed if you use it.)

Wowsome
04-28-2013, 12:08 AM
Rally Cry is a useless skill. Taunt on HoR is a wasted point if you have VB maxed. (VB should be maxed if you use it.)

completely disagree ..

Cero
04-28-2013, 06:09 AM
IMO Rally Cry is a useless skill. Taunt on HoR is a wasted point if you have VB maxed. (VB should be maxed if you use it.)

edit

ShadowGunX
04-28-2013, 12:09 PM

if u think rally cry is useless then u r a useless warrior.

Teoijio
04-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Rally is great. Because it mitigates damage and enhances dodge, sometimes it can be difficult to see it work. You can't know what the greater damage numbers would have been with it on, nor know the lesser damage numbers would of been with it off. Speed is optional... Red cone avoided. :)

latino
04-30-2013, 10:13 AM
if u think rally cry is useless then u r a useless warrior.

not really...

FULL RALLY CRY BONUS:
1. 10% dmg reduction
2. 50% Dodge
3. 20% Speed
4. Aplly to the all party
5. ALL for 8 sec, CD 20 sec, (so u DONT get any buff for 12 sec)

So lest get some number in it.. lets say that there is a mob that dose always 100 damage per hit, and lets suppose this mob will hit 10 times

TANKING WHIT RC:
100dmg (-10%) is 90dmg
90dmg x 10attacks is 900dmg
900dmg (-50% dodge) 450dmg

We sayd 10 times 100 damage, so from 1000 u get 550 damage

FULL VANGEFUL BLOOD BONUS:
1. About 1/3 of dmg received, is healed back (in elites atleast)
2. Give mana back (no idea how much)
3. 25% Crit
4. 25% DMG OUTPUT
5. 50 STR (500 HP+dmg+dps)
6. ALL for 14.5 SEC, 25 sec CD, makes u UNbuffed for 8.5 sec.

Same situation as above:

TANKING WHIT VANGEFULL BLOOD:
100dmg (-1/3) is 70 dmg
10 times 70 its 700
u got 500HP from VB so technically u actually got 200dmg (but lets not count this 500hp for now)

So u get AROUND 700 damage(VB) instead of 550(CR)....BUT....u still have 500 HP more!(whit VB) PLUS:
1.VB Stands 8sec
2.CR Stands 14.5sec
3.VB gives u 500HP
4.VB gives u 25% more damage, 25% Crit, 50 STR (wich makes u kill ur taget MUCH faster, so u get hit less time)

now u can say that CR bonus is for the ALL party so the damage absorbed overoll is much higher...right, but:

1.Time CR is very, very difficult
2. On big pulls if u r a "good" warr u dont lose the aggro so the party is not actually affected from that skill so much
3. On Nordr Bosses the rest of the party gets oneshooted by red field attacks, so it dosent affect em that much aswell
4. Yeah, u can find for SURE some situation when is better CR over VB...but that makes it a situationally skill
5. Overroll, in most of the situation is better VB over CR coz even if it absorb less damage, it makes u do almost TWICE the dmg is u combo Ribbit whit it
6. CR+Ribbit is 65%CRIT for FREE, lets say u got around 10% its makes 75% crit wich basically twice ur dmg, (ribbit gives 40%crit to the all party BTW ;D)

EDIT:
math mistake

ishyrionek
04-30-2013, 11:54 AM
@latino:
Go check rally cry bonuses, then write.
5% reduction, 10 speed, 25 dodge, 12/20 sec.
Yours math is wrong too, but i dont wanna argue with someone, who can post so much... :-)
Rally is better for tanking, vb for dmg :-)

latino
04-30-2013, 12:13 PM
@latino:
Yours math is wrong too, but i dont wanna argue with someone, who can post so much... :-)

Dunno if there is some TYPO but on my screen says that last 8 sec, 20CD

u forgot about the "Lungs of Steel" upgrade...which give 50% more effect applied...on my post i calculate it as 100% more...my bad, but u forgot about that, ur bad :P

WHAT I POSTED
10%Reduction
20%Speed
50%Dodge

WHAT U POSTED
5%Reduction
10%Speed
25%Dodge

HOW ACTUALLY IS (i guess)
7.5%Reduction
15%Speed
37.5%Dodge

according to my play style this makes VB even more useless xD

Bejo
04-30-2013, 12:41 PM
@latino:

may be he mean after upgrade double benefit of RC effect (forgot the name)

Natrich
04-30-2013, 01:09 PM
may be he mean after upgrade double benefit of RC effect (forgot the name)

The upgrade doesnt double anything. It only makes the rally cry buffs last 12 seconds instead of 8 seconds. The dodge chance is unaffected by the upgrade. I'm pretty sure the movement speed isn't increased. And there's no way to know if damage reduction goes from 5% to 7.5%

Bejo
04-30-2013, 01:21 PM
The upgrade doesnt double anything. It only makes the rally cry buffs last 12 seconds instead of 8 seconds. The dodge chance is unaffected by the upgrade. I'm pretty sure the movement speed isn't increased. And there's no way to know if damage reduction goes from 5% to 7.5%

oh my bad, yeah lungs of might, that the name, increase by 50% not double

latino
04-30-2013, 01:26 PM

I was just thinking about "lungs of might" (i think is the name of it) anyway that would b wrong coz i calculate 100% instead of 50%

So if that is true why the description says that give 50% more benefical effect? instead of "increase the duration" like in vengeful blood?

ishyrionek
04-30-2013, 01:37 PM
So if that is true why the description says that give 50% more benefical effect? instead of "increase the duration" like in vengeful blood?

Read both descriptions. It often helps... Not always, but often :-)

ShadowGunX
05-01-2013, 07:24 AM
not really...

FULL RALLY CRY BONUS:
1. 10% dmg reduction
2. 50% Dodge
3. 20% Speed
4. Aplly to the all party
5. ALL for 8 sec, CD 20 sec, (so u DONT get any buff for 12 sec)

So lest get some number in it.. lets say that there is a mob that dose always 100 damage per hit, and lets suppose this mob will hit 10 times

TANKING WHIT RC:
100dmg (-10%) is 90dmg
90dmg x 10attacks is 900dmg
900dmg (-50% dodge) 450dmg

We sayd 10 times 100 damage, so from 1000 u get 550 damage

FULL VANGEFUL BLOOD BONUS:
1. About 1/3 of dmg received, is healed back (in elites atleast)
2. Give mana back (no idea how much)
3. 25% Crit
4. 25% DMG OUTPUT
5. 50 STR (500 HP+dmg+dps)
6. ALL for 14.5 SEC, 25 sec CD, makes u UNbuffed for 8.5 sec.

Same situation as above:

TANKING WHIT VANGEFULL BLOOD:
100dmg (-1/3) is 70 dmg
10 times 70 its 700
u got 500HP from VB so technically u actually got 200dmg (but lets not count this 500hp for now)

So u get AROUND 700 damage(VB) instead of 550(CR)....BUT....u still have 500 HP more!(whit VB) PLUS:
1.VB Stands 8sec
2.CR Stands 14.5sec
3.VB gives u 500HP
4.VB gives u 25% more damage, 25% Crit, 50 STR (wich makes u kill ur taget MUCH faster, so u get hit less time)

now u can say that CR bonus is for the ALL party so the damage absorbed overoll is much higher...right, but:

1.Time CR is very, very difficult
2. On big pulls if u r a "good" warr u dont lose the aggro so the party is not actually affected from that skill so much
3. On Nordr Bosses the rest of the party gets oneshooted by red field attacks, so it dosent affect em that much aswell
4. Yeah, u can find for SURE some situation when is better CR over VB...but that makes it a situationally skill
5. Overroll, in most of the situation is better VB over CR coz even if it absorb less damage, it makes u do almost TWICE the dmg is u combo Ribbit whit it
6. CR+Ribbit is 65%CRIT for FREE, lets say u got around 10% its makes 75% crit wich basically twice ur dmg, (ribbit gives 40%crit to the all party BTW ;D)

EDIT:
math mistake

both literally nd technically u dnt kno about warriors.
nd dmg reduction is given in % so greater is dmg dealt more it will reduce it. many ppl get mixed up on stuffs having %.

anyway all i will say is that
#1 RC is best for one having sword/shield coz high armour; mch dps nd less dmg. best tanker

#2 VB is best for hammer lovers as it has high dmg nd will b able return mana effectively. best dmg dealer.

nd warriors' main purpose is to tank.
leave dmg /dps to rogues.

GoodSyntax
05-01-2013, 08:52 AM
VB Warriors are a Rogues best friend.

Good Rogues keep an eye out for the VB ripple effect, if your team mate activated it, shadow them closely, because VB fixes the biggest weakness of Rogues....mana starvation. Get into the middle of the scrum and spam away, this ensures you get aggro from mobs, who will attack you and return HP+Mana....win!

Shadow, your summary is actually quite fitting, RC is best for the tanky Warriors - those that want to crowd control but are less interested in damage dealing. VB is best for DMG Warriors and is a huge asset for Rogues. VB Warriors help to minimize mana pot usage and really speed up maps.

ShadowGunX
05-01-2013, 09:27 AM
VB Warriors are a Rogues best friend.

Good Rogues keep an eye out for the VB ripple effect, if your team mate activated it, shadow them closely, because VB fixes the biggest weakness of Rogues....mana starvation. Get into the middle of the scrum and spam away, this ensures you get aggro from mobs, who will attack you and return HP+Mana....win!

Shadow, your summary is actually quite fitting, RC is best for the tanky Warriors - those that want to crowd control but are less interested in damage dealing. VB is best for DMG Warriors and is a huge asset for Rogues. VB Warriors help to minimize mana pot usage and really speed up maps.

i dnt think VB gives that mch hp/mp to giv sme good survivality. its negligible lol. i hav two warrior in my acnt. one is tank nd other is pvp/dmg.
i use vb only for +500heal crit nd dmg.
if u think using vb solves mp pot usage then u r wrong. i still use mp pot.

i use RC coz of dodge speed nd reduction buffs. it is in % nd has no fixed value like vb(+500hp +25str etc). so greater is the value greater is d influence.

in both war i use mp bt in my dmg war i die alot coz no mp no hor nd i get panic nd spam mp pots nd hor eating out. bt in my tank war i dnt die easily nd using rc helped me alot in pve nd speed buff comes in handy to ran off d red area.

so rc is good in pve nd vb good in pvp.
thats all :-D

GoodSyntax
05-01-2013, 12:57 PM
LOL.

I wasn't talking about the Warrior, I was talking about the Rogue! Having a Warrior who uses VB is honestly more a buff for the Rogue than the Warrior. It allows me to spam skills like crazy. Once I get on a crit streak, it's instant aggro...everyone attacks me and, BAM, mana replenished.

One of the wildest PvP fights I've ever been in was with a bunch of VB Warriors on both teams. No one died!!! It was 10 minutes of spam all skills and not a single person died.

I'm not too sure how well VB works in the Nordr boss fights because they hit so damn hard. You only get a percentage of incoming damage redirected back as HP+Mana so I would imagine that it isn't really helping survivability very much. But in PvP, VB+Axe+Windmill = High DMG Warrior.

Natrich
05-01-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm not too sure how well VB works in the Nordr boss fights because they hit so damn hard. You only get a percentage of incoming damage redirected back as HP+Mana so I would imagine that it isn't really helping survivability very much.

Yup, the hp/mana benefit comes after the damage is done....so you have to actually survive the hit first :banana:

ShadowGunX
05-02-2013, 12:20 AM
LOL.

I wasn't talking about the Warrior, I was talking about the Rogue! Having a Warrior who uses VB is honestly more a buff for the Rogue than the Warrior. It allows me to spam skills like crazy. Once I get on a crit streak, it's instant aggro...everyone attacks me and, BAM, mana replenished.

One of the wildest PvP fights I've ever been in was with a bunch of VB Warriors on both teams. No one died!!! It was 10 minutes of spam all skills and not a single person died.

I'm not too sure how well VB works in the Nordr boss fights because they hit so damn hard. You only get a percentage of incoming damage redirected back as HP+Mana so I would imagine that it isn't really helping survivability very much. But in PvP, VB+Axe+Windmill = High DMG Warrior.

lol k. your bad u didnt say that it is about pvp. :-P.
yep in pvp d vb effect is more than in pve.
i use vb+ss+wm+ss+auto in pvp. i also hav hor.

GoodSyntax
05-02-2013, 10:51 AM
lol k. your bad u didnt say that it is about pvp. :-P.
yep in pvp d vb effect is more than in pve.
i use vb+ss+wm+ss+auto in pvp. i also hav hor.

You know that shadow that follows you around all over the arena....it's probably me, because I love them VB Warriors!