PDA

View Full Version : Amulets...

Bullox
04-26-2013, 04:25 AM
In the CS i See Amulets for Rogue and Warris Epic and Legendary......

but nothing for us Sorcs maybe something like 17 dex 33 int 3.0 dmg.....

All Amulets there have Main Stat Str or Dex, why?

Don't drop any for Sorc, or are the droprates for Rogue and Warri things higher....

I know that we Sorcs are OP....hahaha.... but a New Amulet would be really nice....

swexcist
04-26-2013, 04:35 AM
Op in what way? ;)

Haligali
04-26-2013, 05:00 AM
I opened 2 Infused Brooch of assault lvl30 from war chests, i kept one to use, and there are also lvl31 ones.

lvl30 stats: 17 DEX, 33 INT, 2.8 Damage.

Bullox
04-26-2013, 05:03 AM
Oh nice Haligali...
from War chest or Elite War Chest?

Haligali
04-26-2013, 05:30 AM
Oh nice Haligali...
from War chest or Elite War Chest?

pssst! ;)

drgrimmy
04-26-2013, 02:55 PM
I must admit, I am very dissapointed by the lack of a good high end amulet and ring for the sorcerer. There is nothing really substantially better than the lvl25 Superb Amulet of Brutality and Ensorcelled Band of Brutality. It seems that the only rings and amulets which give you higher damage also significantly decrease your health leaving you even more prone to being one-shotted on these new maps. For example, the only lvl31 ring I can find that gives better damage than the lvl25 Ensorcelled Band of Brutality is the lvl31 Colbalt Band of Warfare, which increases you damage by 2.8 but at the same time reduces your health by 135 (which I feel is probably not compensated for by the slight increase in armor by 36). I think the brooch of assault will likely do this as I think it has dex and not str as a secondary stat. Unless I am missing something, this is a huge oversight which further puts sorcerers at a disadvantage. It is almost like STS wants us to be one shotted on all of the new maps. Maybe I am just missing something? I hope there are other better rings and amulets out there that I am just missing :)

Energizeric
04-26-2013, 03:25 PM
....the lvl31 Colbalt Band of Warfare, which increases you damage by 2.8 but at the same time reduces your health by 135 (which I feel is probably not compensated for by the slight increase in armor by 36).

I wish we really did have some better understanding of how armor vs damage is calculated. I know there was a post by a developer a while back, but it was just an example and not an actual formula which we could use to figure anything out.

135 health represents about 5% of my health. 36 armor represents about 5% of my armor. So one should think this would be a fair trade. But who knows.....I suspect you are correct in that health is more important than armor. I really want to believe otherwise, but I have no reason to.

nease
04-26-2013, 03:34 PM
in pretty sure we will get better rings in next expansion beacuse

kraken islands were for rouge

norder is for warriors

and------- if for mages

Otawaazavie
04-26-2013, 03:38 PM
I must admit, I am very dissapointed by the lack of a good high end amulet and ring for the sorcerer. There is nothing really substantially better than the lvl25 Superb Amulet of Brutality and Ensorcelled Band of Brutality.

Drgrimmy search for ruby band of brutality (epic ring). I haven't seen any substitute for superb amulet of brutality though

falmear
04-26-2013, 04:39 PM
I wish we really did have some better understanding of how armor vs damage is calculated. I know there was a post by a developer a while back, but it was just an example and not an actual formula which we could use to figure anything out.

135 health represents about 5% of my health. 36 armor represents about 5% of my armor. So one should think this would be a fair trade. But who knows.....I suspect you are correct in that health is more important than armor. I really want to believe otherwise, but I have no reason to.

I believe this is the post you are referring to:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?79913-Known-Issue-with-Passive-Abilities&p=902866&viewfull=1#post902866

Haligali
04-26-2013, 04:59 PM
I must admit, I am very dissapointed by the lack of a good high end amulet and ring for the sorcerer. There is nothing really substantially better than the lvl25 Superb Amulet of Brutality and Ensorcelled Band of Brutality. It seems that the only rings and amulets which give you higher damage also significantly decrease your health leaving you even more prone to being one-shotted on these new maps. For example, the only lvl31 ring I can find that gives better damage than the lvl25 Ensorcelled Band of Brutality is the lvl31 Colbalt Band of Warfare, which increases you damage by 2.8 but at the same time reduces your health by 135 (which I feel is probably not compensated for by the slight increase in armor by 36). I think the brooch of assault will likely do this as I think it has dex and not str as a secondary stat. Unless I am missing something, this is a huge oversight which further puts sorcerers at a disadvantage. It is almost like STS wants us to be one shotted on all of the new maps. Maybe I am just missing something? I hope there are other better rings and amulets out there that I am just missing :)

I use the cobalt ring, and for compensation i choose the jewel of potency staff, gives tons of hp, lot cheaper and only a little less damage than the brutality one. :)

Carapace
04-26-2013, 06:32 PM

In loose and quick terms, as your level goes up, the actual damage reduction received from each point of armor goes down, requiring more armor to maintain that amount of reduction.

as a crude example if I had 100 armor at level 10 and it stopped 10% damage, at level 11 with 100 armor it may only stop 9.5%.

What does this mean about your ring? It means as you get a higher level, the value of that armor on the ring is going to slowly degrade as your level increases.

Energizeric
04-28-2013, 12:32 AM
In loose and quick terms, as your level goes up, the actual damage reduction received from each point of armor goes down, requiring more armor to maintain that amount of reduction.

as a crude example if I had 100 armor at level 10 and it stopped 10% damage, at level 11 with 100 armor it may only stop 9.5%.

What does this mean about your ring? It means as you get a higher level, the value of that armor on the ring is going to slowly degrade as your level increases.

Is it proportional? For example, if 700 armor at lvl31 means I'm stopping 20% of the damage, then does 770 armor (10% increase in armor) stop 22% of the damage (10% more damage stopped)??

What we are trying to understand is if health or armor is more important for a sorcerer, or are they equally important. Given the same player attacking us in PvP, would I last longer with a 5% boost in armor or a 5% boost in health? If you can just answer this then we would have a good understanding of how we should approach buying the right gear.

Valsacar
04-28-2013, 05:23 AM
Right now, for damage, lvl 25 superb brut is still the best... For balanced (ie not going for max damage) and health, the new quest amulet wins (+25 all stats).

jb57542
04-28-2013, 04:39 PM
The Gleiphnir amulet is about the best balanced one for this expansion by giving +25 to str/int/dex.

Haligali
05-02-2013, 05:49 AM
There is an ensorcelled brutality lvl 30 ring now in ah, stats: 18 STR 35 INT 3.0 DMG, im sure that superb brutality also still exists somewhere..

falmear
05-02-2013, 11:49 AM
I like to use Gleiphinir for some boss fights because it gives you nearly +300 hp. Yeah it nerfs your damage but its useful not to get one shot killed.

Bullox
05-02-2013, 12:19 PM
That's what im talking about... Rogues and Warris get their Highend Amulets for a little bit of Gold....
The Sorc Amus are extreme rare, so they cost about 1,1 Mio.....

I think its not really fair....

Lady_Pebbles
05-02-2013, 09:49 PM
That's what im talking about... Rogues and Warris get their Highend Amulets for a little bit of Gold....
The Sorc Amus are extreme rare, so they cost about 1,1 Mio.....

I think its not really fair....
I agree and is because many of us can't really farm for those items in the new elite maps because we have a huge disadvantages... I.e. One hit killed by elite bosses being one of them, inefficient skills is another.

Valsacar
05-03-2013, 05:18 AM
Umm... I solo there, and it doesn't take huge gold. Don't worry about damage, get health (around 3k would be a good goal) and you can survive pretty easy (I run elite mount solo with that, w/o elix, takes me 20-25min). If you run with a decent group, shoot for around 2.5k health, only go for max damage if you have a REALLY good group (or you trust your own abilities).

They key is proper use of fireball and timeshift, time is your shield, learn to place it well and use it to keep yourself from being hit. Fireball stun right before time fails, run and drop a new time, run back away.