PDA

View Full Version : A Guide To Playing The Vixen Ranger (PvE)

Mrs.Ranger
04-26-2013, 11:49 AM
A Guide To Playing The Vixen Ranger (PvE)
By Mrs.Ranger and outcastranger

Hey everybody, it's me Mrs. Ranger here, bringing to you my first ever guide! This guide will detail everything you need to know about playing the Vixen Ranger. I hope that by the time you've finished reading this guide you'll have learned something that can be helpful or benificial to your play. Now without further review, let's get this guide started!

Table of Contents:

I. A brief discription of the Vixen Ranger
II. Why should you play the Vixen Ranger?/ Is the Vixen Ranger the right class for you?
III. Stats and possible builds
IV. A list of skills, and what they do with each rank!
V. A possible skill map.
VI. The Vixens combos, and PvE tips.

I. Vixen Ranger Class Description.

The Vixen Ranger is a female ranger class represented by a Fox. This is an up close, melee character who uses cunning, poisons, and bandage abilities to get in, poison enemies in the face, and evade damage while jumping away. This character class uses dual daggers, leather armor, and has some ranged abilities thrown in along with some great area of effect abilities.

Read more: http://www.148apps.com/news/spacetim...#ixzz2RWHmuhIZ

II. Some reasons why you should play the Vixen Ranger, or find out if it is the right class for you!

The Vixen Ranger is my personal favorite (as far as character classes go) to play as. As aforementioned the Ranger has a great mix of both ranged and AOE (Area of Effect) skills making it a great character for both new and experienced players. The Ranger is also the master of short ranged damage, dealing large amounts of damage close range, and makes a good addition to any party. If you want to be more of a tank or support character the ranger is probably not for you. ( Although there are cross-builds that can make tanking or supporting easier.)

III. Stats, along with Ranger builds.

Str/Dex Ranger- This build allows for higher survivability, while still maintaining a high hit% and dodge chance. The build usually includes wearing str. armor and using dex. weapons, such as daggers, talon, bows etc. This build is less common than the pure dex, and dex/int builds, but is non-the less equally affective in PvE.

Pure Dex Ranger- This build is the most common Ranger build that I see in the game right now. Much like a pure Archer this build focuses on dps and hit% while sacrificing your total mana and mana regen. This build also sacrifices a little bit of amour compared to the str/dex build but overall the two builds are both pretty affective. Pure dex Rangers only use dex weapons and armor because they simply don't have enough stat points in the other two attributes, to equip str. and int. gear.

Dex/Int Hybrid Ranger- The last build for the Ranger (and my personal favorite) is the Dex/Int hybrid Ranger. This build focuses mainly on dexterity, with roughly 20% of the attribute points being put into intelligence. I find this to be the most effective build as it helps with your mana pool and mana regen, as well as the scaling of some of the Rangers skills. Yes! Interestingly enough some of the Rangers skills such as poison needles and poison dart, actually scale with int. For this build I recommend using a dagger, or dual wield weapons (feel free to use a bow if you want) along with a wing shield and dex armor.

IV. A complete list of Rangers skills, and ranks. (special thanks to Cascade for helping me with this list!)

Rabid Bite ( learned at level 2)- 12 mana, 4 sec.-cool down, 8m range
Leap in to cause 71- 92 damage. +10 damage per rank.

This is the first skill you learn. It's a pretty simple leap attack (Rangers seem to have a lot of those!). It can be used with hamstring to create the Rangers class combo!
Note: (Thanks to dudetus for this one) You can't use this skill if your not in range.

Vixen KIck ( learned at level 3)- 20 mana, 3 sec.-cool down, 8m range,
Leap in to cause 86-97 damage. Increased damage + knock back per rank.

Second Range skill. Another leap attack, you also can't use this skill without being in range (one of the reasons I suggest daggers and duel wields for Rangers!) So far you'll notice that the Rangers skills have great range (no pun intended) haha... maybe a little.

Poison Needles (learned at level 4)- 15 mana, 8 sec-cool down, 8m cone.
77-113 damage, knock back + 3s poison, -5 h/p
pers, -65% movement speed. Increased damage and health drain per rank.

The Rangers third skill is very interesting. It reduces movement speed, and drains health from the target. The coolest part is that the area of effect is cone! This makes it a usefull skill against mobs, and bosses!

Evasion (learned at level 6)- 10 mana, 5 sec.- cool down, self-target.
+3 sec. buff breaks root effects,
+5% dodge, +5 armor. +5% dodge, +5 armor per rank.

This is the Rangers main dodge skill and is very important! This skill gives +30% dodge, +30 armor at rank six, so you should try to max this skill A.S.A.P! Make sure to rapidly tap this skill as it only has a 5 sec. cool-down!

Fury (learned at level 8)-15 mana, 30.5 sec.-cool down,self-target. 10 sec. buff, +10% hit chance.

This skill doesn't really make a lot of sense. Why would you give a character who already has a really high hit chance an even higher one? For the pure dex. Ranger and dex/int Ranger builds don't put any points into this skill, save those skill points for something else! But.. If your a str/dex Ranger this skill is amazing! It increases your below average hit chance, and is one the most useful skills for this build!

Hamstring (learned at level 10)- 15 mana, 5 sec. cooldown, 3m. +3 sec
debuff reduces -10% dodge, -6 h/p per sec.,
+20% stun chance. + stun chance, increased health drain, and increased dodge debuff per rank.

Hamstring is a nice skill for the Ranger. By itself its not very useful (it's range is only 3m) but when coupled with Rabid- Bite it forms the Rangers only class combo.

Poison Dart (learned at level 12)- 20 mana, 7 sec. cooldown, 10m range.
42-55 damage, 3 sec. poison -5 h/p per sec., -65% speed- Increased damage and health debuff per ran.

This is a nice and interesting Ranger skill. It is very unique in that is another speed reducing skill (the Rangers second so far!) The only bad thing about this skill is it's mana cost, and it's relatively low damage. Note: This skill can not stack with poison needles, that would make an enemy immobile!

Armor Shredder (learned at level 14)- 15 mana, 5 sec. cooldown, 3m range.
65-70 damage, 10 sec. debuff, -4 armor. +10 damage, +4 armor debuff per rank.

Armor Shredder is the Rangers version of the Archers break armor (the skill icon is even the same!). This is a skill that is great against bosses, and can be used as a nice ranged damage dealer.

Fox Howl ( learned at level 16)- 20 mana, 5.5 sec. cooldown, 8m area.
76-82 damage, +5 sec. target debuff reduces -6 damage. Increased damage and damage reduction per rank.

Fox howl is the the Rangers main debuff and is a very nice skill. It does solid damage,(much like the Archers shattering scream) and is a great skill when your surrounded by enemies. I personally love this skill and I would max it as soon as possible!

Bandage (learned at level 18)- 20 mana, 30 sec. cooldown, self heal health and mana +16-30,
12 sec. buff mends addt'l. 50% per sec., damage cancels. Increased mana and health heal per rank.

This is the most unique heal skill in the game, and is a great fit for the Ranger(great job Spacetime Studios, you hit it out of the park on this one!). The skill is interesting in that it will only heal you if your out of combat (A.K.A not getting hit/attacked by an enemy). It also regenerates your mana at the same time so this is skill is crucial if you don't want to be constantly spamming mana potions!

Hypnotize ( learned at level 20)- 10 mana, 7.5 sec. cooldown, 12m range.
57-66 damage, +pull, +3 sec. stun. Increased damage and stun chance per rank

Hypnotize is the most amazing skill the Ranger has (doesn't mean it's the best though!). It's a pull! It's a pull! This is the rangers funnest skill! It stuns the enemy's and pulls them in, making it great when there are large mobs around. It's also a good skill to use when your in a party with a Warrior, as you two will be having non-stop pull and stomp parties!

Rage Tonic (learned at level 22)- 30 mana, 28 sec. cooldown, self-target 20 sec.
buff +5% crit chance, +10 damage. +5% crit chance and +10 damage per rank

This is the Rangers last, and best skill (save the best for last still rings true) This skill gives +30% crit chance and +60 damage at rank six and needs to be maxed no matter what build you choose to do.

V. A Possible Skill map.

This is a Skill map that is optimized for killing mobs and bosses and being a good team player. This is my personal opinion and preference and feel free arrange your skills however you want.

VI. The Vixen Rangers combos, and how some PvE tips

The Vixen Ranger has one main class combo, Rabid Bite to Hamstring. My skill map is setup to take advantage of this combo, and you should try to use this combo as much as possible. PvE for the ranger can be pretty complex in the beggining especially if your new to the game. For newer players I suggest using a bow/ ranged weapon as it will result in less deaths. If your experienced/ or think this sounds like fun, I suggest using dual wields/ daggers. Dual wields can be hard to find, but we all know how many times we find those daggers poping up in our inventory:biggrin:
When fighting bosses I suggest that you use your main buffs, then debuffs,(listed above) and then start using your combo. This is the strategy that I find works best and hoepfully you'll like it to.

Well, that's all..Thanks for reading my guide and I hoped you liked it!:biggrin: I'll soon be adding a Ranger Equiptment section and a list of Ranger Faces. Feel free to comment, and tell me if I made any mistakes, or PM and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

All the Best,
Mrs. Ranger

GDogzz
04-26-2013, 06:47 PM
I like all the exclamation points.... nice.....
Anyway, explanation points don't make or break a guide so great guide! Note my exclamation point :)

GDogzz
04-26-2013, 06:51 PM
there better be no pun jk haha

outcastranger
04-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Y did your guide just disappear. If that was an accident that must stink :(

outcastranger
04-27-2013, 12:19 PM
all of your replies went away too.....

Mrs.Ranger
04-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I accidentally deleted the post/guide yesterday while I was making some edits! I thought it was gone forever, but it seems to have been refreshed now. Thanks to Gdogzz for the reply, and I find your joke very humorous!

outcastranger
04-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Good to see the guide back up and running. You almost deleted our guide! Well, it's back. That's all that matters :)

sanchomundo
05-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Thank you for the guide. It has made me reevaluate how I am using my skills.

So, I can see from observing better rangers that I don't dart or leap well. What is the secret? I can leap in with a rabid bite, but you have to be relatively close for that. Am I just imagining things, or are there some rangers out there darting all over the screen like lighting?

outcastranger
05-06-2013, 04:48 PM
If I were you, I would get rabid bite and vixen kick maxed out. That will make you look like you are darting around because you will kill one enemy with one skill and kill another enemy with another. Those are my two favorite skills and trust me, you will enjoy them too when they are maxed out

sanchomundo
05-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Thanks. I'm still thinking about how to best use skills.

How does the combo damage work? I only use hamstring as part of the combo, but I use that combo all the time. Should I be leveling up hamstring, or is it enough to level up bite?

I still don't really know what to do with evasion. I hit it when entering a fight, but it only lasts 3 seconds. I would like to use it again during the fight, but the fox stops to howl when it is called. I'm afraid this stop does as much harm as good. Do I just pound it during a big fight (either in a mob or on a boss), or what?

Have ranger combos with other classed been identified?

Caiahar
05-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Thanks. I'm still thinking about how to best use skills.

How does the combo damage work? I only use hamstring as part of the combo, but I use that combo all the time. Should I be leveling up hamstring, or is it enough to level up bite?

I still don't really know what to do with evasion. I hit it when entering a fight, but it only lasts 3 seconds. I would like to use it again during the fight, but the fox stops to howl when it is called. I'm afraid this stop does as much harm as good. Do I just pound it during a big fight (either in a mob or on a boss), or what?

Have ranger combos with other classed been identified?
Yes, Fox howl and Shattering scream create Terror combo, as well has Howl and Hellscream.

Cheetoden
08-30-2013, 08:18 PM
Wow ty! i have been looking for a guide for my fox and i think i might try Str/dex. Although what i find most impressive is you can pull! :O ill try to max the skill :)

Enderice
09-21-2013, 11:53 PM
Love the guide

Yoshura
10-15-2013, 04:45 AM
You know you fail when you don't even tell us what your skill build is in a guide. Thanks for telling us the obvious but fail to inform us on the most important skill/stat build.

WhoIsThis
11-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Should be a sticky.

Pvpandctf
11-05-2013, 03:02 AM
Great job, farmer!

Peanutbritle
11-07-2013, 07:12 PM
You know you fail when you don't even tell us what your skill build is in a guide. Thanks for telling us the obvious but fail to inform us on the most important skill/stat build.

Dont see u making any guides bud. Takes time to put this together and you whine? Be nice or leave forums plz. Not an acceptable attitude towards someones accomplishment. Go cry to someone else plz

pizzaman
01-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Are there no inter-class combos for the ranger? I can't find any combo guide that includes vixen / ranger and rhino / paladin.