PDA

View Full Version : Instinctive's Money-Making Guide!

zozomerf
04-26-2013, 12:12 PM
So, I have recently reached 10mil gold on AL earning me the Filthy Rich title. Many people have asked me how I got so much money, and so fast. Now, I'm going to tell YOU, my tips and tricks on how to earn money fast, and keep it. This Guide has 4 Parts:

INTRODUCTION
3 WAYS ON HOW TO EARN GOLD
DO'S AND DON'TS
FAQ/Q&A

Lets get started!

INTRODUCTION

So you want to have gold. As much gold as possible. For new gear, better pets, potions, etc. but you just can't seem to earn your desired amount of gold in your specific time frame. Well, with these three tips and tricks, earning gold and keeping it will be a cinch! Just follow my instructions closely and you too will learn how to become AL wealthy.

The three ways are...

-Merching (Buying Low & Selling High)
-Gold Farming
-THE CHEAP WAY

Lets start with Merching:

1)Behaviour:
Before you start anything, remember to show kindness and courtesy. Whenever I see someone putting down another player, I KNOW I won't be doing ANY deals with them. Keep in mind, the player you told off last night could possibly have the perfect sale you need to get started today. Another thing is never EVER spam. People don't like and want to buy from the guy who copies and pastes the same message OVER and OVER again in the public chat.

2)Inventory:
You only have 25 slots until you buy more with platinum. Sell to NPC the items you can't use or don't like, and sell the rest in the...

3)The Consignment Store:
*The CS (also known as the auction house) is the area in Kraag City and Traveler's Outpost where you can sell your gear and items to other players without having to spam lobbies or townes for sales. Also, the CS has the opportunity of more people seeing your sale rather than spamming a 4 man game.

*Remember though, there is a fee for listing items in the auction house!!! This means it is a great way to get rid of the little items, like in the 20k range.

*Snatch-ups. Always look at the CS, there might be a great deal for you to scoop up.

4)Rarity:
There are many different rarities in AL. Common (white), Rare (green), Epic (dark blue), Legendary (pink), Vanities (light blue), Mythic (orangey) and Arcane (reddish). As of now Arcane is the highest rarity. Arcane's are the hardest to get, but if you're lucky, you can make some serious cash off them and increase your gold by alot.

5)Events:
I recommend you farm the event items, then just hold them for a few months. Everybody will have the new gear, but other merchants will be scouting for the discontinued sets and items and you will be able to make a huge profit. Don't worry, it only takes about 2 or 3 months for the price of that discontinued item to sky rocket. I recently sold my L.1 Heraldic Sword of Potency for 730K in a bidding war.

Now onto Gold Farming:

Farming is very straight forward: Getting items and gold from bosses and chests.

1) Pets:
Pets are very key to have at your side because they attack, AND collect gold for you. Incase you miss something, your pet will go over and collect that item or that bundle of gold for you. Be warned though, pets DO become expensive at times.

2) Destroyable Map Items:
These are Boxes, Crates, Pots, etc. These can range from 0 gold to (from what I've seen) 25 gold. Always open these when you have the chance!

3) Running Maps:
To be honest, the best maps for GOLD Farming would be all of the Kraag and Watchers' Tombs and of course, The Upper Hauntlet. The Tombs are also the maps with the highest density of Destroyable Map Items.

Now onto "THE CHEAP WAY"

1337) Being a CH33P PL4T Wh0R33 and buying 1700 plat all for gold. Just don't do it.

DO'S AND DON'TS

DO:
-Farm
-Merch
-Use Pets
-Have Time
-Buy Inventory Slots
-Buy Auction Slots

DON'T:
-Scam
-Spam
-Lie
-Cheat
-Buy Gold with Platinum
-Be Rude
-Overprice

Follow these tips and you should get tons and tons of gold in NO TIME FLAT!

FAQ/Q&A

Q) Did you ever buy Gold with Platinum?
A) Yes, when I was a nub. ^.^

Q)Should I feed my pet?
A) Yes, because when it is happy it collects loot/gold for you and even though it may be expensive now, if you follow the tips then 350 gold here and there will not be a problem.

Q)I don't have lots of time for farming, what do I do?
A)Well you could also take up the art of Merching, which does give more gold and at a faster rate than farming.

I hope you all learned something new, and good luck on reaching your desired amount of gold!

-Instinctive, 10,001,204 Gold and Counting, Filthy Rich

ShadowGunX
04-26-2013, 12:28 PM
overall good.
bt u forgot to mention d most important one:- ping
u should hav a good stable internet connction.
(0-300) ping recommended.
or otherwise u wont b able to farm elites properly.

zozomerf
04-26-2013, 12:32 PM
overall good.
bt u forgot to mention d most important one:- ping
u should hav a good stable internet connction.
(0-300) ping recommended.
or otherwise u wont b able to farm elites properly.

I go with 19 ping regularly so it didnt even occur to me!

Greencrow
04-26-2013, 01:00 PM
I live in the eastern side of the world. Sts server is in west. So basically ping here is like 100+

Greencrow
04-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Oh btw, nice guide :) Thank you.

zozomerf
04-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Oh btw, nice guide :) Thank you.

Cheers, Mate!

ShadowGunX
04-26-2013, 01:09 PM
I go with 19 ping regularly so it didnt even occur to me!

I live in the eastern side of the world. Sts server is in west. So basically ping here is like 100+

wow i.envy u all. my ping is always ~450 in base
in normal maps ~800
in big normal maps ~1600
in tombs nd hauntlets 20k+
elite maps ~3k
lol my ping scks big time idk y. my internet speed is ~200kbps.
how mch ur speed btw?

zozomerf
04-26-2013, 01:19 PM
wow i.envy u all. my ping is always ~450 in base
in normal maps ~800
in big normal maps ~1600
in tombs nd hauntlets 20k+
elite maps ~3k
lol my ping scks big time idk y. my internet speed is ~200kbps.
how mch ur speed btw?

okay guys i know ping is interesting and all, but i don't want this thread to be closed!

Lalarie
04-26-2013, 02:20 PM
Actually, I disagree with feeding pet, don't because you can just switch between 2-3 pets and save gold

zozomerf
04-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Actually, I disagree with feeding pet, don't because you can just switch between 2-3 pets and save gold

I have 6 pets, and all were unhappy within 30 minutes of straight Hauntlet.

Lalarie
04-26-2013, 02:52 PM
I have 6 pets, and all were unhappy within 30 minutes of straight Hauntlet.

Here:

1. Play till pet 1 is unhappy, play
2. Play till pet 2 is unhappy, play and play pet #1
3. Play till pet 3 is unhappy, play and play pet #1 & #2
4. Repeat

zozomerf
04-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Here:

1. Play till pet 1 is unhappy, play
2. Play till pet 2 is unhappy, play and play pet #1
3. Play till pet 3 is unhappy, play and play pet #1 & #2
4. Repeat

I guess that algorithm makes sense...

Deadroth
04-27-2013, 07:30 AM
So, I have recently reached 10mil gold on AL earning me the Filthy Rich title. Many people have asked me how I got so much money, and so fast. Now, I'm going to tell YOU, my tips and tricks on how to earn money fast, and keep it. This Guide has 4 Parts:

INTRODUCTION
DO'S AND DON'TS
FAQ/Q&A

Lets get started!

INTRODUCTION

So you want to have gold. As much gold as possible. For new gear, better pets, potions, etc. but you just can't seem to earn your desired amount of gold in your specific time frame. Well, with these three tips and tricks, earning gold and keeping it will be a cinch! Just follow my instructions closely and you too will learn how to become AL wealthy.

The three ways are...

-Merching (Buying Low & Selling High)
-Gold Farming
-THE CHEAP WAY

Lets start with Merching:

1)Behaviour:
Before you start anything, remember to show kindness and courtesy. Whenever I see someone putting down another player, I KNOW I won't be doing ANY deals with them. Keep in mind, the player you told off last night could possibly have the perfect sale you need to get started today. Another thing is never EVER spam. People don't like and want to buy from the guy who copies and pastes the same message OVER and OVER again in the public chat.

2)Inventory:
You only have 25 slots until you buy more with platinum. Sell to NPC the items you can't use or don't like, and sell the rest in the...

3)The Consignment Store:
*The CS (also known as the auction house) is the area in Kraag City and Traveler's Outpost where you can sell your gear and items to other players without having to spam lobbies or townes for sales. Also, the CS has the opportunity of more people seeing your sale rather than spamming a 4 man game.

*Remember though, there is a fee for listing items in the auction house!!! This means it is a great way to get rid of the little items, like in the 20k range.

*Snatch-ups. Always look at the CS, there might be a great deal for you to scoop up.

4)Rarity:
There are many different rarities in AL. Common (white), Rare (green), Epic (dark blue), Legendary (pink), Vanities (light blue), Mythic (orangey) and Arcane (reddish). As of now Arcane is the highest rarity. Arcane's are the hardest to get, but if you're lucky, you can make some serious cash off them and increase your gold by alot.

5)Events:
I recommend you farm the event items, then just hold them for a few months. Everybody will have the new gear, but other merchants will be scouting for the discontinued sets and items and you will be able to make a huge profit. Don't worry, it only takes about 2 or 3 months for the price of that discontinued item to sky rocket. I recently sold my L.1 Heraldic Sword of Potency for 730K in a bidding war.

Now onto Gold Farming:

Farming is very straight forward: Getting items and gold from bosses and chests.

1) Pets:
Pets are very key to have at your side because they attack, AND collect gold for you. Incase you miss something, your pet will go over and collect that item or that bundle of gold for you. Be warned though, pets DO become expensive at times.

2) Destroyable Map Items:
These are Boxes, Crates, Pots, etc. These can range from 0 gold to (from what I've seen) 25 gold. Always open these when you have the chance!

3) Running Maps:
To be honest, the best maps for GOLD Farming would be all of the Kraag and Watchers' Tombs and of course, The Upper Hauntlet. The Tombs are also the maps with the highest density of Destroyable Map Items.

Now onto "THE CHEAP WAY"

1337) Being a CH33P PL4T Wh0R33 and buying 1700 plat all for gold. Just don't do it.

DO'S AND DON'TS

DO:
-Farm
-Merch
-Use Pets
-Have Time
-Buy Inventory Slots
-Buy Auction Slots

DON'T:
-Scam
-Spam
-Lie
-Cheat
-Buy Gold with Platinum
-Be Rude
-Overprice

Follow these tips and you should get tons and tons of gold in NO TIME FLAT!

FAQ/Q&A

Q) Did you ever buy Gold with Platinum?
A) Yes, when I was a nub. ^.^

Q)Should I feed my pet?
A) Yes, because when it is happy it collects loot/gold for you and even though it may be expensive now, if you follow the tips then 350 gold here and there will not be a problem.

Q)I don't have lots of time for farming, what do I do?
A)Well you could also take up the art of Merching, which does give more gold and at a faster rate than farming.

I hope you all learned something new, and good luck on reaching your desired amount of gold!

-Instinctive, 10,001,204 Gold and Counting, Filthy Rich

I saw that guide on forums... Strange

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?76382-Merchanting-how-to-get-rich!

LMAO! Strange... Some points r almost the same...

Drearivev
04-27-2013, 09:41 AM
Nice guide, but how do you sell stuff to NPC? Does that mean just go to your inventory, and then it where it says "Sell for X", you click on that?

Lalarie
04-27-2013, 09:53 AM
Nice guide, but how do you sell stuff to NPC? Does that mean just go to your inventory, and then it where it says "Sell for X", you click on that?

There is no NPC, just go to inv and click sell for X gold (like you said)

Delphina
04-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Thread closed. There is already a guide about this:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?76382-Merchanting-how-to-get-rich