PDA

View Full Version : Which Battle of Nordr Boss do you Love to Hate?

Samhayne
04-26-2013, 03:20 PM
So, which Battle of Nordr boss do you love to hate? Or maybe you hate to love them? Why?

For me, it's that darn spider. Frost patches - 'nuff said!

Aplyed
04-26-2013, 03:23 PM
Sam the frost patches need nerf bat. He can fill entire map with them if he wanted and they last so long. Very nice screen shot tho!

marshmallow
04-26-2013, 03:23 PM
I hate it when it drags you to your instant death after running away almost out of the screen.

Aplyed
04-26-2013, 03:24 PM
I hate it when it drags you to your instant death after running away almost out of the screen.

+1 to that also but u can just move to side, if not covered in ice =)

Otawaazavie
04-26-2013, 03:28 PM
For me it's last boss for sure. He has insane pull range and crits over 8k dmg. Also the known range bug of frostir is so annoying..

Samhayne
04-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Sam the frost patches need nerf bat. He can fill entire map with them if he wanted and they last so long. Very nice screen shot tho!

I belive that Frostbite's patches are having their duration brought down a bit so they don't fill up the room on a long fight. Look for patch notes early next week.

FluffNStuff
04-26-2013, 03:31 PM
I must say I do enjoy wading through pigs to try to get off the perfect Aim Shot on the first boss.

Got through the second once to progress, but will never again try to kill a Mother while her puppies come out crying :dog::cower::miserable:

The rest ... well, hmm, not sure since other then when I either solo'd or killed with one other player, it is hard to tell since no one sticks around.

Cero
04-26-2013, 03:33 PM
if you're a sorc, anything that moves on Elite grounds is what we HATE.
even your team

FluffNStuff
04-26-2013, 03:37 PM
I belive that Frostbite's patches are having their duration brought down a bit so they don't fill up the room on a long fight. Look for patch notes early next week.

The one time I did fight him it was really fun. The patches made for some good pattern circling to get in shots and traps. Personally, I don't think ice patches should be nerfed, but I do think they should work on everyone, including the Mobs. Now that would make for some interesting strategy :)

Delphina
04-26-2013, 03:38 PM
I hate the Alpha Wolf! I always get killed when he puts his shield up. I just can't help but attack which equal an instant death :)
[29132

wvhills
04-26-2013, 03:40 PM
Sam, idk if you guys were trying to recreate what we had in PL with the overlord or, more recently, vlad where we have a really tough boss and everyone comes back time and time again to try to beat him and thus form a love-hate kind of relationship. But if so, i feel like the lack of a revive skill in AL really puts a damper on that. In PL when we were one shotted there's a chance a mage survived and could rev the team and we could resume the fight. It's not like that in AL. Either you spend plat or you have to run the whole way back. While we're running back there's a high chance the team will wipe because they're a man down and that adds even more time to the run with waiting on everyone to regroup and start again. It's even worse in elites because if someone gets frustrated and leaves it's impossible for anyone join and help out.

I feel like if each class had a revive subability added to our existing skills and you guys would ditch the timers and party system and implement PL's join system AL would be vastly improved and you wouldn't have people complaining so much about boss difficulty level because we could revive and have people join us to help finish runs. I know you went with the timers to promote competition to get on leaderboards and increase people's play time but I think doing away with it and adding PL's join system where there's a higher chance of finishing the run would lead to even more people playing.

I know that's not really an answer to your question but I'll liken it to professional wrestling. If a wrestler can get the crowd to love him then he's in good shape because people will pay to cheer him on. If he can get a crowd to hate him then he's in good shape too because people will boo and cuss him but they'll still pay to come watch (and hope he gets beat). The wrestler's who struggle are the ones who don't get cheered or booed, the ones the crowd is indifferent too. That's how I feel about the bosses in this cap. I don't love them and I don't hate them, I'm indifferent because I've had too many failed runs because people get killed/frustrated and leave the run.

FluffNStuff
04-26-2013, 03:41 PM
I hate the Alpha Wolf! I always get killed when he puts his shield up. I just can't help but attack which equal an instant death :)
[29132

You mean the stay away from my babies shield? Look at the picture, their coming to her defense!

(I just adopted a dog which meant looking at HUNDREDS of pictures of shelter dogs)

Delphina
04-26-2013, 03:43 PM
You mean the stay away from my babies shield? Look at the picture, their coming to her defense!

(I just adopted a dog which meant looking at HUNDREDS of pictures of shelter dogs)

I'm hitting so quick that by the time I notice the shield up ... dead.

Raxin
04-26-2013, 03:52 PM

Watch yur tank i get exactly 3 chestsplitters in between each howl :-)

Zuzeq
04-26-2013, 03:53 PM
The last boss for sure. That dude's range and speed when he gets down to 1/4 HP is redic...lol. I have some tricks for all other;)

falmear
04-26-2013, 04:07 PM
I hate Frostr because of the instadeath I get when I am not in the red area. I have to hang so far back its difficult to target my skills and gun. I hate playing this map but its where you can get a PUG and most people want to farm it. So I just suck it up and deal with it.

xcainnblecterx
04-26-2013, 04:24 PM
Two for me that one in othgar and frostbite. For the wolf i just have to member not to use time-.-

Yakiniku
04-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Frostir. With my hp gear and Ribbit out, I have 3120 hp and can only occasionally survive the red circle stun with 1% hp. The rest of the time? Instadeath. Plus his range indicator lies. It's always bigger than what it shows.

Oh and that's just on normal mode. -_-

Cero
04-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Sam, idk if you guys were trying to recreate what we had in PL with the overlord or, more recently, vlad where we have a really tough boss and everyone comes back time and time again to try to beat him and thus form a love-hate kind of relationship. But if so, i feel like the lack of a revive skill in AL really puts a damper on that. In PL when we were one shotted there's a chance a mage survived and could rev the team and we could resume the fight. It's not like that in AL. Either you spend plat or you have to run the whole way back. While we're running back there's a high chance the team will wipe because they're a man down and that adds even more time to the run with waiting on everyone to regroup and start again. It's even worse in elites because if someone gets frustrated and leaves it's impossible for anyone join and help out.

I feel like if each class had a revive subability added to our existing skills and you guys would ditch the timers and party system and implement PL's join system AL would be vastly improved and you wouldn't have people complaining so much about boss difficulty level because we could revive and have people join us to help finish runs. I know you went with the timers to promote competition to get on leaderboards and increase people's play time but I think doing away with it and adding PL's join system where there's a higher chance of finishing the run would lead to even more people playing.

I know that's not really an answer to your question but I'll liken it to professional wrestling. If a wrestler can get the crowd to love him then he's in good shape because people will pay to cheer him on. If he can get a crowd to hate him then he's in good shape too because people will boo and cuss him but they'll still pay to come watch (and hope he gets beat). The wrestler's who struggle are the ones who don't get cheered or booed, the ones the crowd is indifferent too. That's how I feel about the bosses in this cap. I don't love them and I don't hate them, I'm indifferent because I've had too many failed runs because people get killed/frustrated and leave the run.

frustration is what i feel on my elite runs. 3rd map boss kills me even if im already out of his red zone plus almost all people rush it.

jb57542
04-26-2013, 06:21 PM
I hate them all you guys get a big fat F in striking this balance. It's hard to survive when I have my sorcerer with over 2700 health and 800 armor. The normal bosses instant kill you, I haven't tried some elite yet because of this. This type of frustration makes me not play as much and when I don't play u guys don't get paid.

Currently I feel like STS is biting the hands that feed them which is ironic because one of the ways they are doing it is with s wolf.

Eversor
04-26-2013, 06:32 PM
I really like Frostbite and Alpha Wolf. I love encounters that require more strategy like these. I'm not as crazy about Frostir or the third phase of Grimnr. As much as I feeble them and put up the old shield, I still get randomly one shotted by them sometimes as a warrior. I think Frostir will be much more manageable once/if his charged attack area works correctly.

azerty
04-26-2013, 06:34 PM
how are Mods complaining? :witless:

Fyrce
04-26-2013, 06:39 PM
I think I might hate the spider the most. The last boss isn't as bad as the spider *****

As for wolfie, yeah, love wolfie, but don't go towards the blue swirling light! Stay away from the blue light!

That's when it's good to be killing the puppies.

(Ack! I did NOT just say that. BTW, Fluff, my adoptees both showed up at my door -- one must have been soon after he was dumped. The other was a flea-infested mat of skin and bones.)

Anyways, when you see wolfie pulling in light:

Avoid this:

Hate the spider!

P.S. All of the bosses would be more manageable if/when their red cones actually reflect their actual area of attack.

Uicheusa
04-26-2013, 07:44 PM
I told my guildmate a dirty joke after I failed soloing Frostbite at lv30 and died twice during my attempt.
"You know, the first two spiders are named 'Mother' and 'Antee', but they decided to name the third one 'frostbite'. They really should have renamed it 'father' instead."
"Why?"
"Coz it is such a ****."

Energizeric
04-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Revive is a good idea, but give it to mages. Then we would actually become useful. Maybe add it as an upgrade to lifegiver.

Cero
04-26-2013, 09:58 PM
Revive is a good idea, but give it to mages. Then we would actually become useful. Maybe add it as an upgrade to lifegiver.

yep, before we suck it up for we can suck it down. pls reconsider. ty

Limsi
04-26-2013, 10:06 PM
No boss should be able to one hit a class, especially a well equipped one. A boss should do a max of two hits to take down a character, it's ridiculous how that happens esp to a tank :)

On topic : I hate the mobs since they're tougher to beat than the bosses of Nordr.

Jcyee
04-27-2013, 01:31 AM
Either the spider or the last boss. Although I haven't really played much since the bosses were nerfed.

Greencrow
04-27-2013, 02:41 AM

Watch the wolf's aura. If it turns blue, don't hit that wolf :banana:

OTP- I hate that spider too. I solo'd it last night in normal mode and it takes time because I couldn't hit the spider because of those frosts that can fill entirely the place ( almost ) and also it can hook you to those frosts. So very hard. But I managed to kill it by running in a place with no frost and then spam all my kills, run again to another free frost place spam again, and hopefully finished it. ^_^ And the sad part is..... I didn't get the achievement :( Because it's not in the achievement board. It's just a way through the hall. HUHUHU

SkyDagger
04-27-2013, 02:45 AM
Watch the wolf's aura.. If it turns blue, don't hit that wolf :banana:

One thing i learn never used anything skills which deals damage over time like nox XD . poison dmg per second in wolf reflected to me x2 =.=

marshmallow
04-27-2013, 02:49 AM
Spam heal potions like hell hoping that Frostir won't KO you instantly. It works though.

Greencrow
04-27-2013, 02:50 AM
So, which Battle of Nordr boss do you love to hate? Or maybe you hate to love them? Why?

For me, it's that darn spider. Frost patches - 'nuff said!

and also Mr. Sam, Maybe you can sell some orange boots for us just like that spider so we can just walk to those frosts. jk ^_^

Bejo
04-27-2013, 09:53 AM
i used to hate frostbite, in just normal map i fought 5 times and end with failure, at last i could kill it after the frostbite nerfed. and now i hate last boss most. i need around 50 minute to run that map and when his hp about 10%, he hit so hard till all my party die in just 1 hit, after revive we went back to him, but we almost shock when saw his hp restore to full. what the .... and all my party mate go mad and leave. and what make me frustation is that happen 3 times, with same case.

Raxin
04-27-2013, 12:16 PM
Reduce demage delay potion spam. tada balanced

Cahaun
04-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Reduce demage delay potion spam. tada balanced
Spamming potions doesn't sound fun in a boss fight. That's why I loved the old bosses a bit better. If you knew how to fight them and have good set ups, you didn't need much potions at all. Maybe none in certain instances.

powerofyoshi
04-27-2013, 12:30 PM
One word. Grimnr.

Uzii
04-27-2013, 12:35 PM

Yep revive

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94492-Revive

Asireuz
04-27-2013, 03:17 PM
I don't know what Sam thought when he posted this, but I don't play thinking, "oh how i hate that grimnr, hahaha isn't he terrible". Such fun. Except it's not. For sorcerers especially there is just one way to describe a few of these bosses: deeply frustrating.

Please do not try to spin this frustration into something like a love-hate relationship with a one dimensional boss, to me that's patronizing.

Y O L O
04-27-2013, 07:01 PM
[29132

YES DELPHINA, we had trouble togethor killing that little noob wolf

chitgoks
04-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Watch the wolf's aura. If it turns blue, don't hit that wolf :banana:

OTP- I hate that spider too. I solo'd it last night in normal mode and it takes time because I couldn't hit the spider because of those frosts that can fill entirely the place ( almost ) and also it can hook you to those frosts. So very hard. But I managed to kill it by running in a place with no frost and then spam all my kills, run again to another free frost place spam again, and hopefully finished it. ^_^ And the sad part is..... I didn't get the achievement :( Because it's not in the achievement board. It's just a way through the hall. HUHUHU

lol been there done that. i wasted my effort on elite frost bite thinking theres an achievement for that

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

chitgoks
04-27-2013, 07:16 PM
i agree with the revive for mage. at least we can be useful on something else

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Asahetek
04-29-2013, 07:43 PM
Frostbite because it always somehow grabs me an pulls me in an one hits me.

Frostir is annoying since when its near death just one hits everyone.

Easiest is the wolf you just need to stop attacking when it puts its shield up, i've soloed him many times.

Temarichan
04-29-2013, 10:21 PM
I hate them all you guys get a big fat F in striking this balance. It's hard to survive when I have my sorcerer with over 2700 health and 800 armor. The normal bosses instant kill you, I haven't tried some elite yet because of this. This type of frustration makes me not play as much and when I don't play u guys don't get paid.

Currently I feel like STS is biting the hands that feed them which is ironic because one of the ways they are doing it is with s wolf.

Whoa calm down. Nordr is suppose to be hard. Maybe your strategy is wrong. You can't just charge into the bosses and think you'll kill them in an instant. There's always (I repeat ALWAYS) a method of killing them. Are you on a strike or what?

And the worst boss? The Spider Frostbite for sure. It's a big enemy to Rogues :( but we manage. :)

Asahetek
04-30-2013, 12:59 AM
Hate the last boss to kept pulling me in one hiting me and he reset a few times one of the times only needed a few more attacks and he would've died -_-

Haligali
04-30-2013, 04:40 AM
The wolfie is easy. After half hp dont use any skill, and count 10 seconds, thats the time between two shields.

Wowsome
04-30-2013, 05:06 AM
I love to hate Elite Grimnr! During his 10-percent-health-left mode, he one-shot me yesterday through 1330 armor and 4500+ health, causing my team to take the long walk. I think I can work my way around that with a different build, but I still feel it is a tad bit over the top.

Asahetek
04-30-2013, 10:05 AM
The strategy for beating the wolf is bringing it to the bridge but don't go to far because he might reset and attack and when he's he starts to get under half health he'll howl and bring out his shield so just stop attacking and attack when he drops it, repeat it and it's dead

Zuzeq
04-30-2013, 10:23 AM
And the worst boss? The Spider Frostbite for sure. It's a big enemy to Rogues :( but we manage. :)[/QUOTE]

LoL'ed when I read. If there is an Assassin out there that equips daggers against Frostbite he is ether my new hero or dumb. Three bow Assassins and one Mage kills this elite boss supa fast(:

Khylan
04-30-2013, 09:30 PM
Elite Grimnr is pretty tough to solo in the last phase for a bow rogue unless you have the run speed from the 60 minute combo..really hard to get out of the blast range during the single head phase...all the rest are pretty easy if you pay attention and use firebug + 25% speed (and luck, not that it matters...).

I can't solo elite Maneater because of the adds, so I guess him for my play style

Lady_Pebbles
04-30-2013, 09:37 PM
For me, its the last boss on elite because my Mage gets 1 hit killed a lot with its charged electrical atk. He pulls my toon in and WHAM! dead. I can barely attack it because I have to get close to do so & end up getting pulled into its atk zone when he isn't even seen on my screen. Its range is ridculous.