PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Cinco!

Zeus
04-26-2013, 10:27 PM
Dear Cinco,

What you've shown is true love for your players!

Sure, there may be people complaining about the campaign due to re-used items but you are only one man. If I'm not mistaken, to all those who are complaining, this is the very same guy that had a loco idea to make the PL main spine free & do many other things.

Please, take a look at the developer that put in his own free time (meaning he did not get paid to do this!) into making this campaign. This is just one of his videos of his loco-ness and love for STS players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kQgEq_we8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kQgEq_we8

Heck, when players complained about the re-used gear, he went ahead and implemented the weapons from the design contest for you! If that is not love for STS players, I truly do not know what is.

Fellow players, remember! Do not bite the hand that feeds you, especially one that does it out of love - not necessity.

Thank you, Cino! Much respect to you.

I hope that you live a long viva de loco life! ;)

Sincerely,

~Apollo

P.S:

To those who are not happy with the campaign, please read the following statement from Gary Gattis. I doubt Cinco will be inclined to show more love if all people do is talk negatively and beat down on his work. It undermines the confidence & passion of a person!

Hi Battlegrinder,

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts about the update. That’s a great post and we really appreciate you writing it down for us.

Maybe I can step back a bit and fill you in more where the update to STS-25 came from. Right now, as you might be aware, Arcane Legends is our biggest game to date. It has blown the doors off of what our other games have ever done. We are closing in on 7 Million downloads after only 5 months. That’s why you see the activity you do in Arcane – justifiably so, as we work hard to serve the largest share of Spacetime players.

All of Spacetime games are labors of love. They came from our hearts and will always have a special place for us.

This expansion was done by one designer, in their extra time, because of their love for the game and their desire to give the community more to do. We never said this was going to be a massive update and we hope we did not set your expectations too high, but this really was done out of love and for you guys.

It is what we can give you at the moment. We hope that it is enough for now. Keep up the constructive feedback and we'll try to make the most out of it.

Cheers,

- g

Gary says it all ^^

octavos
04-26-2013, 10:40 PM
I might have not said anything quite positive the last few days, must have been the sushi I ate a few days ago...From a fellow SL player and friend, I also would like to say thank-you. Thanx apollo for posting this.

I love SL more then any sts game, and bringing those wepons from the contest winners is fantastic. (Gary, give cinco a hug from me)

*Now as a suggestion I would love and many others to buy the remaining arbitor pieces so we can concentrate on AL. I would love to devote tons of time leveling....but as you want members to keep AL alive and well...I think its a win/win in both partys. (Remaining pieces 1000 plat would be a nice compensation) obtain free from leveling or purchase them is my reasoning behind it..just like in al with the locked chests.

once again from the last starguard...I salute you. :ghost:

razerfingers
04-26-2013, 10:45 PM
I saw he did it on his free time so basically unpaid work? If so dam. He really loves us lol

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Iphoneington
04-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Wow, doing this on his free time is very nice. Amazing work and a very big thanks!:)

Alhuntrazeck
04-26-2013, 11:18 PM
this almost brought me to tears...how a lone developer made an update out of love for the SL community...even when AL had way more profit.

Raghav
04-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Cinco i love u:)

The-Sandman
04-26-2013, 11:32 PM
Yea even tho I'm a lil pissed at u guys right now way to be a champion and amazing work for just one guy

Rittik
04-27-2013, 03:02 AM
As i have said before in the analysis thread. Idk why but am loving this update. No stims = hardcore.

Cinco i didnt know u made that. Respect for you :).

As i said earlier too. Whenever u get time u can implement few patches like u went ahead and implemented the weapons from the contest and am loving it. Seriously they look much cooler.

The only thing according to me thats missing in this update is one arbitter part. We all capped players were longing for so many days for these. I understand you made in free time. But i would request other graphics artists and designers to please make one arbitter part for this expansion then this will be complete atleast to me.

Love STS again. Thanks for this Cinco Brotherly<3 #RESPECT

-Rik[Rittik]

縮縮北行鳥
04-27-2013, 05:06 AM
maybe make a contest for design arbitter part? then no need any graphics artists and designers :adoration:

Rittik
04-27-2013, 05:39 AM
Designs have to be packed into the game for that we need designers. It wouldnt be hectic if they allow us to be a voluntary part of their design team :P :)

-Rik[Rittik]

Mitchturbo
04-27-2013, 07:45 AM
Keep up the good work on SL man ;-)
Would like to see some small regular patches come through weekly or fortnightly from boson if you've got time Cinco now I know you are passionate about this game :-)

Next up we need the next arbiter piece, then dropable and plat store vanities. After that, a new map screen and ui to compliment the newer campaigns + bonus lvls.
Then the next skill available to each classes (something to balance out the weakness of the classes e.g Engineers could do with a mana absorbing push technique)
Then Two more maps to play on the current campaign (and round up the other older campaigns to 5 maps as well)
I know I'm asking a lot but if you do have time to play around with this in your spare time and implement these we will be extremely happy :-) <3 Thanks!

Rittik
04-27-2013, 09:04 AM
Would like to see some small regular patches come through weekly or fortnightly from boson if you've got time Cinco now I know you are passionate about this game :-)

Next up we need the next arbiter piece, then dropable and plat store vanities. After that, a new map screen and ui to compliment the newer campaigns + bonus lvls.
Then the next skill available to each classes (something to balance out the weakness of the classes e.g Engineers could do with a mana absorbing push technique)
Then Two more maps to play on the current campaign (and round up the other older campaigns to 5 maps as well)
I know I'm asking a lot but if you do have time to play around with this in your spare time and implement these we will be extremely happy :-) <3 Thanks!

WHERE HAVE U BEEN mitchy!

-Rik[Rittik]

Taipan
04-27-2013, 10:11 AM

MITCH! Are you coming back to STS?

quanebo
04-27-2013, 10:32 AM
cinco ur awesome. nuff said.

Cahaun
04-27-2013, 12:38 PM

Mitch! I'm glad to see you again!

Uzii
04-27-2013, 02:14 PM
I dont really feel bad for my complaints. we had all rights to complain. after few months of waiting thers suddenly an update and as players already know how quality sts work is seeing this update made them very disapointed :/.
if they said things clearly in the beginning they could spare all those complaints. u can see players r full of understanding when things r discussed honestly with them.

i dont know what was point of this thread (yeah some hiden meaning) but i thank that one man that think abt SL palyers and made this for us. as one man work its really amazing. its very well balanced, stimps r no needed at all, truly a balanced party can dominate this game (still dont like enhacer guys they have no patience and messed it up in my experience -.-).
it only lack some designer and graphic work. arbiter piece the most.
(its just sad that someone needs to do this in his free time)

those new weapons r really cool. Gratz to the winners and thank u :)

Mitchturbo
04-27-2013, 03:24 PM
WHERE HAVE U BEEN mitchy!

-Rik[Rittik]

MITCH! Are you coming back to STS?

I'm here and there hiding... in a time machine ;-)
See you guys around occasionally ^_^

Elf-Orc-Naga
04-28-2013, 03:35 AM
this is so emotional! that's why I love this game... good job! pls keep it up

Rittik
04-28-2013, 06:43 AM
I'm here and there hiding... in a time machine ;-)
See you guys around occasionally ^_^

Comeon bro add Scarfaced and Rittik. Ima be on Rittik now. scar's capped.

And Mr.Taipan where have u been too? U forgot me bro :(

-Rik[Rittik]

HunterSLAYER
04-28-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm glad sts still has some love from the devs since Gibber disappeared.
Thank You Cinco and i can't wait for the next arbiter vanity. :)

Zolum
05-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Cinco is my favorite Dev. Taking the time to make that update on his own time..... that shows something. I feel like he is the one Dev that cares equally for every STS game. Thank you so much!

Raghav
05-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Cinco bro can u plz add arbiter legs to the game in your free time,they look awesome..dont waste time on recreating them.....plz add em to the game...give me some motivation to cap my toons :o

Cahaun
05-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Cinco bro can u plz add arbiter legs to the game in your free time,they look awesome..dont waste time on recreating them.....plz add em to the game...give me some motivation to cap my toons :o
Just wait for him to be ready. He's not wasting time remaking the vanities because it's what the community was wanting, and I'd rather wait a little longer than getting rushed vanities and content. Patience can reward you, and don't forget that there is only one dev working on SL during his free time.

Raghav
05-13-2013, 12:14 AM
Just wait for him to be ready. He's not wasting time remaking the vanities because it's what the community was wanting, and I'd rather wait a little longer than getting rushed vanities and content. Patience can reward you, and don't forget that there is only one dev working on SL during his free time.

Cau ik theres only one dev working on sl(that also in his free time) therefore am not asking for anything other than adding those arbiter vanities(that are already created) to the game ...thats it...

Conquered
05-13-2013, 12:22 AM
Cau ik theres only one dev working on sl(that also in his free time) therefore am not asking for anything other than adding those arbiter vanities(that are already created) to the game ...thats it...

Give dev a chance to relax for awhile.. ik hes tired :)

Raghav
05-13-2013, 12:42 AM
Give dev a chance to relax for awhile.. ik hes tired :)

I dont think adding already created vans will take more than 10mins?
(i've no idea of programming,correct me if am wrong)

Cahaun
05-13-2013, 04:42 PM

I know what you are trying to get at, and I respect your opinion on this. I think that it's a wiser choice for Cinco to have a little extra time to improve the previously designed arm and leg vanities into ones that people wouldn't cringe at like the back vanities.
From my view, the new vanities need to be about 20% cooler than the previously designed ones. (Aka: They need to be worked on)

iRusher
05-13-2013, 06:00 PM
Now all he needs to.do is unhand me. Lol

iRusher
05-13-2013, 06:01 PM
Unban*

quanebo
05-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Now all he needs to.do is unhand me. Lol

sl is so quiet nowadays since uve been gone :(

Conquered
05-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Unban*

Wb bro, where you've been?
papa quanebo miss you XD

quanebo
05-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Wb bro, where you've been?
papa quanebo miss you XD

miss all the old players who are gone :(

Spyce
05-13-2013, 06:51 PM
miss all the old players who are gone :(

Didn't you leave too?

quanebo
05-13-2013, 07:06 PM
Didn't you leave too?

nah ive been back since new cap, renamed my mains name to defeated and capped, now I just hang in base bored since I suck at twinking now lol

Conquered
05-13-2013, 07:11 PM
nah ive been back since new cap, renamed my mains name to defeated and capped, now I just hang in base bored since I suck at twinking now lol

thats why i deleted you in friendlist lol.
that time i was not playing SL for 3 months.
Btw what happen to your awesome gun thing in twink? it was immortal before

Spyce
05-13-2013, 07:15 PM

Start a new toon with me?
I'm mad my Operative got 1 death.

quanebo
05-13-2013, 07:16 PM
thats why i deleted you in friendlist lol.
that time i was not playing SL for 3 months.
Btw what happen to your awesome gun thing in twink? it was immortal before

ppl found a way past it D: (or im more rusty than I thought)

quanebo
05-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Start a new toon with me?
I'm mad my Operative got 1 death.

lol. sure hit me up in game if u want, im usually on defeated

Spyce
05-13-2013, 07:19 PM
lol. sure hit me up in game if u want, im usually on defeated

Cool.
Isn't it boring just sitting in the base afk?

Conquered
05-13-2013, 07:20 PM
ppl found a way past it D: (or im more rusty than I thought)

the last Kd i saw was like 7k kills and 400-900 deaths? idk
awesome kd so immortal

quanebo
05-13-2013, 07:26 PM
the last Kd i saw was like 7k kills and 400-900 deaths? idk
awesome kd so immortal

was 1k deaths lol, startin twinkin again n god I suck any decent op can kill me now xD gonna take a break n come back wen im completely bored

quanebo
05-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Cool.
Isn't it boring just sitting in the base afk?

nah Im always talkin to someone lol

Mogunsforme
05-14-2013, 08:30 AM
Wonder if i could be an sts dev after i finish high school and get out of colleage. Any dev wanna respond ? Please :)

iRusher
05-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Quanoobo, I'd imagine it has been much more quiet. 'Twas a fun time in sl, although I probably won't be back(sadly). Lol bleh

quanebo
05-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Quanoobo, I'd imagine it has been much more quiet. 'Twas a fun time in sl, although I probably won't be back(sadly). Lol bleh

inub if u do actually come back u better pvp meh

iRusher
05-14-2013, 04:01 PM
But..you'll die:(

Conquered
05-14-2013, 05:29 PM
Hahaha, bet 1c for quanebo

quanebo
05-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Hahaha, bet 1c for quanebo

only 1c... :( and try me inub, get back here n fight meh

Conquered