PDA

View Full Version : Gorgox Drops... Is it worth it?

Mcpastry
10-08-2010, 07:49 PM
We all know Gorgox is maybe the second hardest boss behind the Overlord.

But what I'm wanting to know is what he drops. Is all this farming worth it?

So just post here in this thread what rare pinks you have gotten from the mighty "Gorgox the Champ".

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-08-2010, 07:50 PM
i have never got there yet ill play with u if you want im good.. wats ur IGN?

Mcpastry
10-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Mcpastry.

I'll PM you when I'm available.

Which may be... 4 hours?

Beware I'm only 43 and training. :P

Royce
10-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Gorgox is one of the easier AO3 bosses as long as you have sound turned on and your teammates aren't idiots...

Mcpastry
10-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Gorgox is one of the easier AO3 bosses as long as you have sound turned on and your teammates aren't idiots...

Hmm...? So that's why I'm finding it so hard!

Thank you!

Lol.

KingFu
10-08-2010, 08:01 PM

Thank you!

Lol.

Try this thread I made;)
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?9499-How-to-kill-Gurgox-the-great!

Royce
10-08-2010, 08:02 PM

Thank you!

Lol.

Yeah if you've been playing in silence than you are at a disadvantage. He growls before he unleashes his nuke. So you know when to run for the green orbs that will protect you for a few seconds. If you mean your teammates are no good, yeah that's gonna hurt you on just about every boss in AO3...

Mcpastry
10-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks, Mystic.

I know how to kill him.

Just need to know what he drops. :P

KingFu
10-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks, Mystic.

I know how to kill him.

Just need to know what he drops. :P

Oh, lol, sry, he drops most famously a Gurgox hammer of the Rift. I want one!!!!

Gaabob
10-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Gurgox is actually kinda easy I you do it right.

It was me(pally) and a bunch of other random players. They spanned the crap out of his a$$, with me standing next to an orb. Every time he blasted I orbed and rezed everyone. Works well if teammates with sound warn you lol, and if pally is paying 100% attention. Pretty sure we did it without pots too, not that they would help much lol.

FluffNStuff
10-09-2010, 09:34 AM
He glows red and sucks in energy while growling. Watch the timing on it with full volume then learn to kill on mute. Very handy for late night gurgox killing without disturbing the misses.

CanonicalKoi
10-09-2010, 10:30 AM
He glows red and sucks in energy while growling. Watch the timing on it with full volume then learn to kill on mute. Very handy for late night gurgox killing without disturbing the misses.

Or the misters! ;) I've only ever gotten purples from him--stingy little bugger. In fact, I'm not sure if anyone in our group last night even got a pink. Last level of the night and I was headed for bed, so I'll have to ask.

Nightarcher
10-09-2010, 04:37 PM
The hardest boss to farm is Ksarr probably.

In a good team, you can kill Gorgox in 7 seconds. Before he can spec. And Overlord is down in about the same time. Ksarr's knockback makes him the most tedious and time-consuming boss to kill.

Raxie
10-09-2010, 05:21 PM
sometimes he doesn't make a sound. just watch his feet; they will turn orange.

CanonicalKoi
10-09-2010, 06:42 PM
sometimes he doesn't make a sound. just watch his feet; they will turn orange.

Thanks for that! I thought I'd missed his build-up growl somehow last night right before he killed me--but we dropped him at the same time. It was all good. Better if I'd gotten a pink, mind you, but good.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-09-2010, 06:52 PM
mcpastry bro add me online ill play with u