PDA

View Full Version : nordr jewel vs foresquid

yuriramos
04-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Which do u think is better? One has significantly higher dps, while the other has higher damge and awesome proc.

razerfingers
04-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Dps is just how fast it goes. Id rather have more damage and a dope proc.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Azemeazed
04-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Dps is just how fast it goes. Id rather have more damage and a dope proc.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

if we imagine situation where sorcerer stands in one place and spam normal attacks that actualy hit monsters (which is possible only if very strong and good warrior tank is near him, which is almost impossible) than i would use firesquid. but since we sorcerers are forced to shoot and run, and in that case we must use rifles, not only couse rifles have high damage but the main reason is couse we can shoot something with it while running or from safe distance. so in reality if you really wanna use stick, than nordr one is better since it has higher damage.
so in short... go for rifle if you wanna stay alive and be most effective in party, go for nordr istick f you wanna be less effective but more effective than with firesquid.

razerfingers
04-27-2013, 05:23 PM
if we imagine situation where sorcerer stands in one place and spam normal attacks that actualy hit monsters (which is possible only if very strong and good warrior tank is near him, which is almost impossible) than i would use firesquid. but since we sorcerers are forced to shoot and run, and in that case we must use rifles, not only couse rifles have high damage but the main reason is couse we can shoot something with it while running or from safe distance. so in reality if you really wanna use stick, than nordr one is better since it has higher damage.
so in short... go for rifle if you wanna stay alive and be most effective in party, go for nordr istick f you wanna be less effective but more effective than with firesquid.
im aware, i play a 16 mage but i also kite. use my knowledge to my advantage i use the clock skill to stun and do DoT and shoot a charged fireball at them run back clock is up repeat then hit lightning and heal they're dead after second clock sometimes, i also solo wt4 maybe thats why its so easy but i like playing mage

Cero
04-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Me(F***Squid) Haligali(Nordr of brut)
with the same pve spec build fireball-frost-timeshift-shield

0-1, he killed me without proc and i think the proc rate is low.

still needs more round to see the best result.

Valsacar
04-27-2013, 11:44 PM

You're forgetting one thing, you don't have to actually hit things to proc. You can spam nord jewel in the corner all by yourself, and it'll proc. The damage on it (not counting the proc) is higher than anything else I've been able to compare it with (meaning, it's in cs so I can see stats).

Energizeric
04-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Yeah, I rarely use the regular attack at all. I just spam my 3 attack skills all charged for AoE and higher damage. By the time the third one is done, it's time again for the first one. So the 31 nordr jewel of brutality gives me about 10 higher damage than the 31 borean rifle. Translated into skill damage, that means around 25 higher skill dmg.

Azemeazed
04-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Yeah, I rarely use the regular attack at all. I just spam my 3 attack skills all charged for AoE and higher damage. By the time the third one is done, it's time again for the first one. So the 31 nordr jewel of brutality gives me about 10 higher damage than the 31 borean rifle. Translated into skill damage, that means around 25 higher skill dmg.

yep, i have shield and heal, if you have 3 or 4 attack skills than no need for normal attack and in that case nordr jewel is the best.

Energizeric
04-28-2013, 08:26 PM
True, if you have both shield and heal then you will need a decent normal attack, so then the gun may be best.

Laikiscz
05-13-2013, 12:47 PM
Damage is for skills, dps for basic attack with staff, ill rather choose firesquid.