PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man Contest! (idea)

OverkillED
04-28-2013, 12:55 AM
Ok, so this is just an idea that I had for maybe a contest idea, constructive criticism is appreciated, but flaming/trolling/derailing is not. :rolleyes:
So, you have to make a new character and level that character to 56. Sounds simple enough right? Wrong. Read on to see the rules! :P

Rules:

No elixirs whatsoever.
No stashing items or gold from yourself or no gifts from friends.
You can have one partner to level with you that must stay 1-3 levels below you or above you or stay the same.
If you die, you are disqualified.
No vanities.
Only trash-green items can be used.
KDR must be shown at all times.
At least 45 quests must be completed.
Screenshots of progress must be posted here.
Spectator must be with you at all times and must be on forums.

Tell me what you think about this. Should StS maybe sponsor a contest like this? What should be changed? Would it not work out?

Wendellism
04-28-2013, 12:58 AM
It won't work out because everyone would cheat.

If you truly want this as a competition, make sure everyone is online and using live streams to broadcast their achievement.

OverkillED
04-28-2013, 01:01 AM
Hmm, there should be a spectator for each duo.

Wendellism
04-28-2013, 01:04 AM
Why not check out an example such as Megaman Speedrun races? Telling everyone to do that would mean nobody could cheat because they are being recorded for cheating.

Kixxler
04-28-2013, 01:10 AM
Way too easy for people to cheat.

Redlightning
04-28-2013, 06:59 AM
This is kinda a bad idea without elixers , instead of 1-2 days it could take about 1-2 weeks especially if you're busy.. not everyone has spare free time all day everyday.. but maybe some do and may like to try this idea, so i'd say give it a try and good luck ;)

Cheenivie
04-28-2013, 04:34 PM
U say spectator needed but the spectator might be the guys best friend on pl amd would help him cheat btw im lvling from 1-56 trying without elix solo im lvl10so far and i got no deaths you have inspired me!
:)

Spyce
04-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Eveyone would cheat.
They would take screenies of a L.1-L.56.

MightyMicah
04-28-2013, 07:18 PM
It won't work out because everyone would cheat.

If you truly want this as a competition, make sure everyone is online and using live streams to broadcast their achievement.

Really? I mean really? If anyone is going to cheat then who cares. It's all about fun, not who can get their first. Why go to leaps and bounds to prevent cheating? There will always be cheaters no matter how careful you make things. Just my two cents.

@Overkill, This is a great idea! I'd join in if I wasn't so busy. Let the cheaters cheat and just do it for fun! :)

Wendellism
04-29-2013, 12:44 AM
Really? I mean really? If anyone is going to cheat then who cares. It's all about fun, not who can get their first. Why go to leaps and bounds to prevent cheating? There will always be cheaters no matter how careful you make things. Just my two cents.

@Overkill, This is a great idea! I'd join in if I wasn't so busy. Let the cheaters cheat and just do it for fun! :)

I do know there will always be cheaters. However, if I were to play in such a manner, I would rather do this by myself, and post the video straight to forums on how I did it legitly. Making this as a contest is equivalent to inviting cheaters from all over. Maybe you and I could challenge each other, but I highly doubt there will be people that would play this legitly; after all, it's a world dominated by elixirs and power-leveling nowadays.

cdfo
04-29-2013, 01:02 AM
nice idea .. but its hard to be true.

KingFu
04-29-2013, 01:10 AM
How does this relate to Iron Man?

Wendellism
04-29-2013, 01:30 AM

It's a variant of playing Pocket Legends.

OverkillED
04-29-2013, 03:42 AM

No deaths. You gotta plow through enemies with one other partner. It symbolizes triumphing against enemies while not getting a dent. (in your KDR, or in Iron Man's case: his armor).