View Full Version : How do non maxed player begin to farm?

Row
04-28-2013, 10:34 PM
I find the potions have increased in price by a lot and elite gear are in the millions. So my question is how do people who are just average players even get into elites or start farming at all with the current pot price. Cause I'm not covering my pot money at all. Any tips?

jb57542
04-28-2013, 11:29 PM
My advice is take baby steps. Farm for easy eggs such as flap jack, granite, ribbit, etc... Also farm for chest and sell them. It's hard to do the elites now even for the most seasoned players, so set a realistic expectation and farm the items with the most value that is possible for you.

Thank of elites like a lottery now and most ppl don't strike the jackpot, they just get a couple coins or spend more than they get out of it. Big reason for this is STS double random chance system, first u gotta get the rare chest then u gotta roll the dice again when u open it. Reason I sell all chest is because it's guaranteed income. Also store you're money in you're stash so you don't spend it. The forced savings will grow over time since that gold is not in inventory to burn a whole in you're pocket. Hope this advice helps.

Greencrow
04-29-2013, 02:48 AM
Story token everyday. Buy colton. Sell it.

Hauntlet Run everyday. Buy shiloh. Sell it.

Rare
04-29-2013, 06:26 AM
Potion prices have not increased.

By guardian or radiant or bonechill gear. It's perfectly suitable for farming nordr elites. And cheap

Chaim Nail
04-29-2013, 08:20 AM

Where can you exchange story tokens for eggs? Somehow I must have missed that one as spending them at the stable gets you the pet not the egg.

Raxin
04-29-2013, 08:29 AM

Where can you exchange story tokens for eggs? Somehow I must have missed that one as spending them at the stable gets you the pet not the egg.
Anabel in travellers is one npc egg vendor

Greencrow
04-29-2013, 08:55 AM
Anabel in travellers is one npc egg vendor

or if in kraag, u can find the vendor in tavern near the bard

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

Uzii
04-29-2013, 08:57 AM
price of pots is same the usage of them is higher. pots pots pots pots. its crazy. i spend around 400-500k on pots while lvling and im not exaggerating. u dont even have chance to farm anything good till u dont reach elite lvl. and then its not guaranteed u get something to sell. u may just spend another hundreds of pots and get nothing.

this game needs better healing system in my opinion.

razerfingers
04-29-2013, 10:22 AM
I was running a nodr map for fun got golden warchest checked cs prices was 31k i was too poor to afford AH price to list so i yelled " selling golden warchest 20k too poor to list in cs lol!" And someone bought :D then i bought armor for when i hit lvl 25 im 24 atm but maybe needa sell my helmet for a matching helmet lolz

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Azepeiete
04-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Do all your daily quests til you can afford about 1k of each pot and Bonechill armor and a crate weapon (Incandescents or radiant ice ribs for rogue/mage and if you're a a warrior go for a storm sword if you can afford, but maybe a cheap pink.)

Keep doing those everyday until you've found a good group of people that you consistently farm with. Try joining a guild that runs elites. There are plenty of good ones. If you are really struggling to find a group, and you do all the daily quests you can(beastmaster, bard, and questline) pm me in game.

Ign: Azepeiete

Row
04-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the help, I'll play around with gearing.

Asahetek
04-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Its not the price that increases its just sheer amount that people use,and i've been having the worst luck the last few updates and took a break and my luck still sucks.

Running elite can be a mixed bag an is one of the reasons im so freaking broke