PDA

View Full Version : Agro

Necrobane
10-09-2010, 01:37 AM
I think the solution to the constant dying of non str classes, is to highly increase the agro of certain bears tanking moves, i mean, you can't die if you dont get hit eh? Aoe is an entirely different problem.

Discuss.

Arterra
10-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Discussed. Previously. We all guess new skill system in future will include more aggro holding skills, and I am hoping for a passive taunt skill...

Samtrumpet
10-10-2010, 01:19 AM
Discussion about that, advanced classes and skilltrees is here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?8727-Advanced-Classes

Necrobane
10-10-2010, 01:51 AM
LOL! Samtrumpet I am talking about the current agro system and you have posted a link to a thread discussing talent trees. /fail.

Necrobane out.

haroldiv
10-10-2010, 01:53 AM
to be honest its already "fixed" i see so many people playing pve like its pvp. you cant unload all of your skills at once when fighting bosses. the trick is to play smart, watch what everyone else is casting. try to combo and unleash your skills slowly. mages especially do not need to actually even attack at first. stay back, heal the tank once or twice as he rushes in, cast your debuffs, heal some more and THEN start attacking. the extra bit of dmg you can do is not worth you dying.

you ever notice how right after you nuke the crap out of something you die? "agro" is determined by two major things, dmg and skills. warrior taunt can only do so much and they are only dmging when they are in melee range. if you start attacking an alien sniper right as a tank does, you are gonna get the agro and get 1shotted. give it a sec, focus on debuffs, they are very important.

healing, buffing and debuffing can build towards agro yes but much much less than nuking and attacking.

Arterra
10-10-2010, 09:41 AM
healing, buffing and debuffing can build towards agro yes but much much less than nuking and attacking.

i equip a djin spear just to have armor debuff thou! when do i get to use that then?
also when im running around doing nothing but debuff, heal and rez when team is fighting king mynas or Pl'othozz i get targeted and shot out. most of aggro should come from attacking.

Necrobane
10-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Thats what I'm talking about. With the current agro system I do not think that healing and buffing should cause agro.

Arterra
10-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Thats what I'm talking about. With the current agro system I do not think that healing and buffing should cause agro.
at least if they do, should be minimal.

Necrobane
10-10-2010, 06:34 PM
yeah, maybe when skills trees come out healers will have passive skills to reduce their healing agro and archer will get the same.