PDA

View Full Version : cyber quest changed?

Fusionstrike
04-29-2013, 01:08 PM
I was going back and doing some quests I skipped on one of my new characters when I noticed something odd. I was working on totems (first quest for cyber items) and noticed that Ksar the Keeper doesn't seem to give two totems anymore. In the past (and as recently as the last time I did the quest in January), keeper had would pretty regularly drop two totems. I never measured it exactly, but it seemed to me about half the time I'd get two totems off him, which is why doing keeper runs has traditionally been so popular for completing cyber quest.

Today, I did 11 keeper runs. 10 of them dropped one totem, and one dropped nothing. So I didn't get any double totem drops at all, which is certainly different from the last time I did it. Has anyone else seen this? Did I miss an announcement where the quest was changed? I'm pretty surprised to see different behavior on this quest that had been unchanged for over two years.

The Flash
04-29-2013, 01:30 PM
To my knowledge it drops 0,1 or 2 so you must just be unlucky. Its faster to do gurg and OL since they drop one always and take the same amount of time plus one more possible pink.

Caiahar
04-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Thats weird, just yesterday i tried some cyber quests and ksarr still gave 2 totems.

angeldawn
04-29-2013, 02:13 PM
Keeper in the regular Crush the Keeper map used to give 1 or 0. Keeper in Victory Lap would usually gives 2 :)

Hope this helps

Caiahar
04-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Keeper in the regular Crush the Keeper map used to give 1 or 0. Keeper in Victory Lap would usually give 2 :)

Hope this helps

maybe dats it. I did in victory.

NotYoCookiez
04-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Keeper in the regular Crush the Keeper map used to give 1 or 0. Keeper in Victory Lap would usually gives 2 :)

Hope this helps

Yup this should be it

Fusionstrike
04-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Yup it's the "regular" vs "victory lap" keeper thing. For some reason I thought they both could drop 2. Must be getting old.

Oldcoot
04-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Yup it's the "regular" vs "victory lap" keeper thing. For some reason I thought they both could drop 2. Must be getting old.
I feel ya bro!

ThePvpTwink
04-29-2013, 07:07 PM
In victory lap keeper drops 0-2 gurgox drops 0-1 and overlord drops 0-1 totems. Just depends on your luck. :)

tHelonestud
04-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Similar to the Humania OBD quest; the platinum map boo gee gives two fur balls each time.

Jcyee
04-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Don't some bosses on rare occasions grant 3 totems? I think that's happened to me a few times... unless I'm imagining things.

Deathofan
04-29-2013, 11:38 PM
The chances of getting 2 totems from keeper depends on how much time it took you to kill him. I think you need to kill in less than 10 seconds and you will get the 2 totems guaranteed (at least it was tested in victory lap.

angeldawn
04-30-2013, 12:22 AM
The chances of getting 2 totems from keeper depends on how much time it took you to kill him. I think you need to kill in less than 10 seconds and you will get the 2 totems guaranteed (at least it was tested in victory lap)

Try this theory in the regular keeper map and not victory then lets us know how it goes. Do 100 runs for your test.

I'm sure I know the outcome but would love you to test it. :)

Deathofan
04-30-2013, 01:39 AM
Try this theory in the regular keeper map and not victory then lets us know how it goes. Do 100 runs for your test.

I'm sure I know the outcome but would love you to test it. :)
Regular map doesn't always drop totems for some reason, since fusion is asking if keeper still drops 2 totems I would just tell him to go try what I said above, kill keeper in less than 10 secs in victory lap and tell me if it isn't true. I believe the "shards" quest is what it not always gives you the quest points, and maybe he got confused, but I don't think that's the case. Anyways, my "test" came from yesterday when I was doing some victory runs with an alt (i have totem quest on almost all +50 characters) and the runs I did were pretty fast (3xs combo) and keeper gaved me 2 in every single run for the total of twenty something runs overall.

angeldawn
04-30-2013, 01:46 AM
Regular map doesn't always drop totems for some reason, since fusion is asking if keeper still drops 2 totems I would just tell him to go try what I said above, kill keeper in less than 10 secs in victory lap and tell me if it isn't true. I believe the "shards" quest is what it not always gives you the quest points, and maybe he got confused, but I don't think that's the case. Anyways, my "test" came from yesterday when I was doing some victory runs with an alt (i have totem quest on almost all +50 characters) and the runs I did were pretty fast (3xs combo) and keeper gaved me 2 in every single run for the total of twenty something runs overall.

You're missing the point. As stayed earlier, the Keeper in the reg map only gives 1 totem. Keeper in Victory Lap gives 2.

I believe his problem was he was running in Crush the Keeper and not Victory Lap.

Killing Keeper in Crush the Keeper in under 10 seconds will not result in 2 totems.

Deathofan
04-30-2013, 03:00 AM
Killing Keeper in Crush the Keeper in under 10 seconds will not result in 2 totems.
I can agree with that^, I mentioned my test was in victory lap though. I think that map has been like that for a while, but yes I remember it giving 2 totems as well, i'll have to check in a bit and do some testing.