PDA

View Full Version : Something about everything - Please take time to read :)

Limsi
04-30-2013, 12:16 AM
Hey guys, here are some suggestions that I have in mind. Take note that some of the things I will write down have already been suggested somwhere around the forums, but I'll suggest them again hoping to catch the developers' attention

1. No boss should one hit a well geared player. This is a big no no to any MMO and is just ridiculous that we see it happen here. Maximum should be 2 hits giving a room for potion spam. You may say "Hey, we have the "red zone", be careful not to enter it to avoid being caught - which brings me to the second one....

2. Bosses like the Spider in Nordr as well as Grimnr have the ability to pull you even without casting the "red zone", especially that big dude Grimnr. He pulls everyone without notice and with so much ease and one hits at least someone in the party, especially rouges and mages. This should not happen. Again, maximum should be 2 hits.

3. I'm a fan of Hair and Face change and would be considered sd Bridgit's best customer, I change almost everyday depending on my mood as I love to do this in real life.. cosmetics? You name it! The thing is we do not get to keep the previous purchased face or hair. We would have to buy the look again if we decide to change again. In my opinion we should keep the looks we bought and just swap them for free if ever we feel like doing so.

4. Plat revive. There are two types of plat revive, the one that instantly revives you in the location you died for one platinum and the other that ensures you and your party become vulnerable for 15 seconds for 5 plat. Here's the case: You have been running across elite mobs who can freeze and hit plus kill you at the same time with so much ease. You try to revive using the one plat and boom - you die again. This is because they are too clustered around your dead corpse and by the time you spend that one platinum you have been saving, you die again.

How about if we at somehow give space for that dead player once her revives? Make the mobs somehow reset to their original position or at least a good distance from that poor player - after all, he's using the platinum to ease the pain and cut the time of going back from the start and face the painful ordeal all over again.

5. Show the damage boost from pets and passive skill in our inspect page. It's about time to do so! We know they work despite of being absent in the screen, but hey for some of us it really matters.

6. Confirmation on platinum being spent. I've wasted a handful of platinum by accident revive, pet renames and that "skip-and-get-your-reward" from shazbot and it's never fun. I know it's been suggested a lot of times here but please, do something about this. As someone who barely has working offers on platinum, I hate to see my PURCHASED platinum go to waste. I literally wait and save hard just to purchase platinum whenever I can. That $10 for 75 plat is heaven to me and it's just frustrating that I see some go bye bye!

I know you guys are working very hard to adjust and develop things for us, but I hope you get to consider some of these things! Thanks and more powers!

Wowsome says:

5. Along with damage, it would be nice to see other stats like damage reduction (in terms of armor), health regen, mana regen etc.

Surfy says:

I would love to have "using of potions without delay". What that means is if i press and hold the potions key, it should let me drink potions non stop without delay. The current setup would be me pressing the drink pots key rapidly for 10 times but I pot only 2 times. Something like that.

Because of this delay, its useless to have 9999 pots because you can't heal faster than the damage that hit you when it is not a 1 shot kill to your character.

seraphim1987
04-30-2013, 12:35 AM
This is worth to keep coming back reading and looking forward for another overview.

Aniscater
04-30-2013, 01:10 AM
Good points Lim:)

Wowsome
04-30-2013, 03:28 AM
5. Along with damage, it would be nice to see other stats like damage reduction (in terms of armor), health regen, mana regen etc.

Limsi
04-30-2013, 03:53 AM

Ah yes, I forgot to add that. Let me edit it!

@everyone else: If you guys have anything in mind just say it here and let me compile them for the devs to have a clean and organized view of what we have in mind.

SuRfY
04-30-2013, 04:37 AM
I would love to have "using of potions without delay". What that means is if i press and hold the potions key, it should let me drink potions non stop without delay. The current setup would be me pressing the drink pots key rapidly for 10 times but I pot only 2 times. Something like that.

Because of this delay, its useless to have 9999 pots because you can't heal faster than the damage that hit you when it is not a 1 shot kill to your character.

Uzii
04-30-2013, 05:29 AM
dont take me wrong but i dont think thers need for this thread to catch devs eyes.

u should see this especialy point number 3

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94938-Suggestions-on-Suggestions

thers already discussions going on so why dont u just add ur thoughts there? just making other threads abt same thing, even sumarized in my opinion makes everything chaos.

i find it troubesoume to post in multiple threads same thoughts over and over, calculating which will be seen first. just keep it to one discussion is more comprendious imo.

Limsi
04-30-2013, 05:52 AM
dont take me wrong but i dont think thers need for this thread to catch devs eyes.

u should see this especialy point number 3

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94938-Suggestions-on-Suggestions

thers already discussions going on so why dont u just add ur thoughts there? just making other threads abt same thing, even sumarized in my opinion makes everything chaos.

i find it troubesoume to post in multiple threads same thoughts over and over, calculating which will be seen first. just keep it to one discussion is more comprendious imo.

Oh I understand, I failed to see that there was a thread made concerning the same things. I usually write down my thoughts before reading other's.

Alhuntrazeck
04-30-2013, 06:24 AM
Nicely written, good job! I'd like to say that pets shud last longer without needing to be fed. It's irritating in a boss battle when I want to cast my pet's Arcane Ability and it's just not there. Or at least lower feeding prices.

Yakiniku
04-30-2013, 11:59 AM
I love this thread and I love your suggestions. Thank you Lims for a very well thought out post.

The only point I don't like is point #4. If mobs reset to their original position upon player death, then the shortcut tactic of "decoy tank run into huge mob and die in the corner to make mobs stay there" will become invalid. I know not everyone does this, but for those of us who do, it's a huge time saver.

I don't see the plat revive insta-death thing changing though. That whole death upon revive is the incentive to choose... gasp... the more expensive plat revive with invincibility.

Limsi
04-30-2013, 12:45 PM
I love this thread and I love your suggestions. Thank you Lims for a very well thought out post.

The only point I don't like is point #4. If mobs reset to their original position upon player death, then the shortcut tactic of "decoy tank run into huge mob and die in the corner to make mobs stay there" will become invalid. I know not everyone does this, but for those of us who do, it's a huge time saver.

I don't see the plat revive insta-death thing changing though. That whole death upon revive is the incentive to choose... gasp... the more expensive plat revive with invincibility.

Right, thanks for the notice. I should be changing point number 4 some time today! :)

latino
04-30-2013, 12:56 PM
good point, stg more:

1. Is there any possibility to have a combat log?
(So we can see al the combat details, weapons proc, skill upgrades proc n so on)
2. Diferent color text for the damage?
(In red only the incoming dmg, class color the output damage, Brown, Blue, Green)
3. How about a master volume setup?
(now is MAX or ZERO lol)

Bullox
04-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Very good threat Lim. I agree with u.

Azepeiete
05-01-2013, 11:48 AM
+1 support to everything! Great ideas Limsy.

Zurko
05-01-2013, 12:00 PM
ok i agree and disagree a little with the bosses certain bosses can use a nerf like frostbite.....might as well name him Platbite
but the bosses being to tough n shouldnt kill one hit is true if you are super geared up...but even past mmo ive played (eqoa) would take like 5 deaths or more unpurpose before even reaching boss ....so expect to die sometimes
good groups are key, ive done olts in 11mins and less no deaths with good groups and 30+ mins with bad groups with deaths
the dd.s will die thats there job lol dmg and dying
tanks stack heals on red zones and cs to feeble a little ...play smart its not all about spamming potions