PDA

View Full Version : Mage 56

xtorquins
04-30-2013, 12:32 AM
Need build for mage 56 int dex

Deathofan
04-30-2013, 01:08 AM
There's not much to it, everything should be maxed except Mana Shield, Revive, and icestorm; you can also consider no icestorm and max out frostbite. As for ring, get the 2 critical 10 dmg one. I didn't see you specify if you are doing Charmin or Obedience mage, but both sets are always nice to have in a int/dex build.

xtorquins
04-30-2013, 01:10 AM
There's not much to it, everything should be maxed except Mana Shield, Revive, and icestorm; you can also consider no icestorm and max out frostbite. As for ring, get the 2 critical 10 dmg one. I didn't see you specify if you are doing Charmin or Obedience mage, but both sets are always nice to have in a int/dex build.

Oh thanks

Everyone'sFavMage
04-30-2013, 01:28 AM
Not that great of advice ^ no offense. If ur doing obed Mage get 2 dodge 10 damage ring. If ur doing charming Mage with half dex use the same ring. If ur full int charming Mage use the 2 dodge 2 ms 4 damage ring. And ur build should be
Max both buffs, heal, drain, frostbite, fire, lightning, mana sheild, weakness or nightmare. Forget which one is the hit debuff. But max that one. 1 in rev.

Deathofan
04-30-2013, 02:10 AM
It's alright, but isn't dodge not much of a factor on mages? I mean, they have no dodge buff to contribute into the ring for (max dodge is 7 with cat face and ring?), plus they do need the critical as mages in this level still don't hit the critical cap and they need every single critical point it is possible. Won't your dodge get debuffed to zero if you get hit by crush, root, or nightmare? I would much rather choose critical (which is undebuffable) which goes perfectly with BoM and crit face, over a non dominant stat in a mage, that's my personal opinion, i'm sure you have your reasons as to why it's better, but that's just my opinion.

Deathofan
04-30-2013, 02:28 AM
My 56 mage is currently a str/dex pally, and I have too played the dodge card and tried 2% dodge 10 dmg ring wearing bt helm and armor with obe xbow and in this case the dodge works perfectly (more or less 24 dodge), but unless you are spected to strengh, dodge doesn't plays that much of a role specially to a pure int wand mage with 4 dodge.

OverkillED
04-30-2013, 06:55 AM
Need build for mage 56 int dex

Well first of all, playing a dexmage requires skill in kiting. Max out all fundamental skills except, revive, mana shield, nightmare, weakness, and ice storm. The unmaxed skills are up to you.

Everyone'sFavMage
04-30-2013, 09:50 AM
My 56 mage is currently a str/dex pally, and I have too played the dodge card and tried 2% dodge 10 dmg ring wearing bt helm and armor with obe xbow and in this case the dodge works perfectly (more or less 24 dodge), but unless you are spected to strengh, dodge doesn't plays that much of a role specially to a pure int wand mage with 4 dodge.

It does make a diffrence. Those dodges save ur life. Mages have enough crit as it is. No one needs that much crit. But the extra dodges make for some very nice saves.

D-:
04-30-2013, 11:11 AM
It does make a diffrence. Those dodges save ur life. Mages have enough crit as it is. No one needs that much crit. But the extra dodges make for some very nice saves.

Obed mage is terrible vs Bears though... Good vs bird, but thats about it.

Everyone'sFavMage
04-30-2013, 11:22 AM
A good obed Mage will beat charmin mages and birds, but yah it's just an offensive set.

readtitle
04-30-2013, 11:57 AM
But a good charmin mage will beat a good obed mage

Deathofan
04-30-2013, 02:01 PM
An Offensive set, needs an offensive stat (crit) to compliment it even more. A single critical can make a difference, just like a dodge can, but in this case it isn't high enough to rely on it :/ angel set, Is where dodge is more present (24 dodge).

Everyone'sFavMage
04-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Sets need to be well rounded. Not full offensive. Or full defensive. Balance is key.

Deathofan
04-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Out off topic, but don't Glyph BT bears wear a 2 dodge 10 dmg or armor ring? That just contributes to my point, the set gives a nice amount of dodge so you supply it more by wearing a 2 dodge ring as well, along with a dodge face if you want to add it. You supply your dominant stats in order for them to work better.

Everyone'sFavMage
04-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Out off topic, but don't Glyph BT bears wear a 2 dodge 10 dmg or armor ring? That just contributes to my point, the set gives a nice amount of dodge so you supply it more by wearing a 2 dodge ring as well, along with a dodge face if you want to add it. You supply your dominant stats in order for them to work better.

Actually, hit face and ring with 10 damage. Can't ever get enough hit with bears.

Deathofan
04-30-2013, 11:33 PM
That's for SM^, as a BT bear the hit already surpasses 100 hit % and it's better to use the ring for another dominant "set" stat like dodge, as the set alone is defensive.

Everyone'sFavMage
04-30-2013, 11:44 PM
Guess we are all entitled to our own opinion. Tired of arguing doh

Deathofan
05-01-2013, 12:36 AM
Can ai haz a prize nao?

Blind
05-01-2013, 01:08 AM
Death wins

Waug
05-01-2013, 08:11 AM
A single critical can make a difference, just like a dodge can,

so true, even lottery gives few bucks sometimes.