PDA

View Full Version : Pro Veil User: The art of Anticipation and Initiative

Zuzeq
04-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Thought I share some tips on the use of Shadow Veil in a elite setting. The subject skill is so much more than just a party buff. It can be used to control the fight fight and steer less seasoned party members to the best or fastest path of a elite map.

Initiative:

You know how the military uses dye markers/lasers as a signal to tell a missle/plain where to strike? Well during a Elite dive Veil can be just that. You pop Veil over the mob(not party members) you want the Tank to engage. Knowing he/she already is protected by buff you can now focus on dealing DmG. This is repeated on the next mob once the first reaches low HP.

Anticipation:

PAY ATTENTION to party members health and read movements of mob. I know we Assassins have a lot going on(hittin Aim Shot as soon as it lights up to keep crit going, moving around to stay alive, hitting pet's ability button...etc..) When you see your tank's HP going down and noticeing the quick jumps up(mean he/she is potting HP potions just to stay alive) pop smoke over them, get out front to take agro. This can be done with a quick charged Shadow Storm Shot or Shadow Piercer. If you and tank are out front and the Mage is behind and you notice you are taking less DmG, watch the movement of the enemy bow users. Most times the attention is being shifted to the mage in the back. Though you and tank may have the agro of main mob, the mob members that hang back will attack the Mage. When this happen pop Veil over the Mage and get in the face of that part of the mob.

Try these tactics and I promise you will gain the apprecition of friend, guildies and strangers alike. Protect your party and take control of the fight! Anticipation and Initiative fellow Assassins, we can't do without ether!

Limsi
04-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Love your approach. I'm a guilty veil caster over party members at times. Let me get back to this post and thank it once I can

Spicy1
04-30-2013, 02:38 PM
I stopped using veil since I'm pretty much always running with another rogue with veil, so I try to focus on the damage as much as i can. Though I still need tweaks on my spec to perfect it but I think I'm doing alright :3

Immacolata
04-30-2013, 08:05 PM
Hi Zuzeq. I've kind of been doing your approach unconsciously at times although at regular maps (haven't touched Elite as I do not havea party to do it with). I usually run ahead of the party and Veil mobs when the tank is a bit lower level and hesitant to approach mobs in the new maps. Most of the time, as Limsyoker mentioned, I pop Veil on the tank while engaged already.

This post is gold - when I get to the Elite maps, these tips will be well-used :)

Limsi
05-01-2013, 06:20 AM
As promised, I thanked it!

Zuzeq
05-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Thank you Lim (;