PDA

View Full Version : Mage Heal Aggro

Lady_Pebbles
04-30-2013, 09:07 PM
If there is ONE nerf Mages need (at all) it is THIS!

Im so sick & tired of pulling all the aggro on ANY map with my Mage but especially on elite maps. This is ridiculous. Even with the hp at 2.7k, 2.8k etc. my toon dies easily because I try to help out my teams.

As it is now, we have to wait until the elite mobs are almost killed in order to heal and regen mana because if we do it in the middle of a mob all their attacks hit our Mages and die rather quickly. Especially when Tanks don't help us out with Horn of Renew or Rogues don't drop packs. THIS is one of the main reasons why Mage's heal is hella useless for farming. I have it merely for PvP purposes and wish it was better for PvE.

SO PLEASE NERF THE AGGRO. -.-

Alhuntrazeck
04-30-2013, 09:12 PM
+1! I'd thank you if I had any left :p Been giving out too many lately...
On-topic. Yes. The mage is a support class. We are the only ones who heal mana AND the most amount of health. And what do we get in return? Mob hate. I have to risk my death in the huge elite maps to support a tank who's mana has run out.
At the very least, reduce the aggro.
I've created a rogue alt and will stick with it unless sorcs are made better.

Lady_Pebbles
04-30-2013, 09:17 PM
It really irks me because even if our teams do try to help out, the freaken mobs still hit us hella hard in the process. Despite all the pots being consumed too* its like dam, give us a freaken break.

Kraze
04-30-2013, 10:08 PM
So needed so many of us have specced out of heal for this reason. Healing should not = instant death

Lady_Pebbles
04-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Its so frustrating. It does more damage and benefits others more than the caster itself. Its really ridiculous.

falmear
04-30-2013, 10:25 PM
This is why I dropped heal. And even the people I run with don't ask me for heal. Only people that are broke and have no pots. Maybe if they gave us armor as good as rogues we could handle the aggro. Why do rogues have armor as good as warriors? But they give us heal which attracts aggro and give us ridiculously low armor. Its not logical.

Lady_Pebbles
04-30-2013, 10:28 PM
I completely agree with you.^

I miss the days when the game first came out and Mages had 1k armor (& understandably got nerfed) lol. At this point, we need at least 900 armor or somehing cuz 600-700/800 doesn't seem to do anything. Its so frustrating. We need a lot of our skills fixed but the aggro on heal is a huuuuugely needed right now.

Ozusaunake
04-30-2013, 11:10 PM
On my mage, I don't seem to care that much about the aggro when you heal. It is frustrating dying nearly the second you pop the heal. But if you have a good warrior usually they do keep aggro on them. In elites and WT4 when I'm playing my warrior, I keep aggro off the mage 9/10 times. But the bigger issue is even with 1302 armor, 3914 health (buffed hits over 4k) and 24.92% dodge. I get knocked down nearly as fast as a mage would. They need to nerf some mobs as even if we all pop our heals, we're still hitting a lot of potions to stay alive while the heals are on cooldown.

Uzii
05-01-2013, 06:03 AM
On my mage, I don't seem to care that much about the aggro when you heal. It is frustrating dying nearly the second you pop the heal. But if you have a good warrior usually they do keep aggro on them. In elites and WT4 when I'm playing my warrior, I keep aggro off the mage 9/10 times. But the bigger issue is even with 1302 armor, 3914 health (buffed hits over 4k) and 24.92% dodge. I get knocked down nearly as fast as a mage would. They need to nerf some mobs as even if we all pop our heals, we're still hitting a lot of potions to stay alive while the heals are on cooldown.

i agree with this, better healing system, no matter what thers always hundred of pots needed, which i find ridiculous.

on topic. yes sorcerers heals cant pull aggro. i was helping my brother to lvl up in wt4. everytime he used heal he was dead meat. poor thing. he wasnt first, always back, behind warrior, but still. he was affraid to use it lol. if he could without worries, it would be better for the whole party.

i droppped it on my sorcerer too. doesnt play it much. its so weak compared to rogue.

zweixii
05-01-2013, 06:52 AM
The developers clearly need to re-evaluate some mage's skills. The aggro from Lifegiver is too much (how are mages going to support when their skill are the cause of their death). Follow up by 2 regen upgrades which is again useless in high level...

Warrior/Rogue "Mana! mana plz!"
Mage *Cast Lifegiver*
Mage #laying on the floor#

Rare
05-01-2013, 07:28 AM
The developers clearly need to re-evaluate some mage's skills. The aggro from Lifegiver is too much (how are mages going to support when their skill are the cause of their death). Follow up by 2 regen upgrades which is again useless in high level...

Warrior/Rogue "Mana! mana plz!"
Mage *Cast Lifegiver*
Mage #laying on the floor#

For me it's:

Them: "Mana heal?"
Me: "Little blue icon at the bottom of the screen"
Them: "You suck noob"
Me: "LOL"
Them: *leaves*

Alhuntrazeck
05-01-2013, 07:47 AM
I agree with all of you ^^ For me, its usually
Them: mana
Me: *ignores and spams pots*
Them: mana heal
Me: *still ignores*
Them: Mage
Me: yes
Them: heal
Me: fine...
I heal...
I die...
Them: thx.

OR when I refuse to heal, this happened to me once

Them: mana
me: *ignores*
them: mana
me: spam mana pots
them: no u heal
me: use pots, i'm not gonna heal
them: *leaves*
and outside (in this case watcher's tomb entrance)
Them: looking for a mage who knows how to heal
Them: watch out for ALHUNTRAZECK he cant heal. nooooooob
Me: ...

SuRfY
05-01-2013, 07:57 AM
I played Maple Story previously and there is this job called the Cleric/Priest where they will do the healing. When it comes to the undeads, the healing will be damage to the undeads. And if the healing crits, crits damage to the undead.

Back to Arcane Legends, I was thinking if the healing draw so much agro, wouldn't it be nice if they do damage as well? At least if i die from the massive mobs, I would have healed some of the undead skeletons to death before i die.

In the meantime, i dropped the healing skill on my mage. Now becoming more like a battle mage/warlock type. LOL

Kraze
05-01-2013, 09:43 AM
And that becomes the issue because you don't want to die every time you heal you spec out of it. When you spec out everyone particularly warriors with no taunt skill freak out and get abusive ( makes me lol) or quit meanwhile if an elite sang sneezes I get one shot Ko'd

Lady_Pebbles
05-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Im actually relieved that many other players have the same problem with this skill (& probably the rest of the skills for Mages too). Lets me know Im not the only one lol.

I also refuse to waste money on respecing from a PvP build to a PvE build. Its really annoying.

Rare
05-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Im actually relieved that many other players have the same problem with this skill (& probably the rest of the skills for Mages too). Lets me know Im not the only one lol.

I also refuse to waste money on respecing from a PvP build to a PvE build. Its really annoying.

Yes, I stopped using Heal. I didn't spec it out, but I don't use it. Its pretty much useless in elite. Getting aggro from even one elite mob will pretty much kill me.

I also DID stop PVPing because of the necessity to respec.

Snakespeare
05-01-2013, 02:01 PM
I fire off a charged heal from the back. If people are over on the other side of the mob, they don't get healed. I like being a healer. I don't think I deserve aggro for it.

It would also be cool to make a skill to divert aggro.

Kraze
05-01-2013, 03:13 PM
I fire off a charged heal from the back. If people are over on the other side of the mob, they don't get healed. I like being a healer. I don't think I deserve aggro for it.

It would also be cool to make a skill to divert aggro.
Heal should dump aggro " oh the smurf isn't trying to kill with his little cap gun lets go after the guy with the giant hammer"

Lady_Pebbles
05-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Would be nice Kraze but no point. Instead of directing the problem to another class, just nerf it.

Rare
05-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Well, if the objective for sorcerers is to be a support class, please don't hamstring the best "support" skill they have. I love supporting. Especially Rogues. Keeps things going smoothly if they don't need to spam health AND mana pots.

EDIT: Off topic. If you're a PVE sorcerer you should be using timeshift. done.

Come on sorcerers. We all know you have a problem with this. Speak up and let your voice be heard. Staying quiet isn't going to change anything.

Zanpakuto
05-02-2013, 01:40 PM
As a tank, i don't see why this is not nerfed yet. It would help everyone!

Lalarie
05-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Agreed

Kraze
05-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Would be nice to see an official comment for this

Lady_Pebbles
05-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Thanks for showing the thread some support yall. I appreciate it! Hopefully they hit us up with some info when they get the chance.

Swede
05-02-2013, 04:31 PM
We don't want Sorcerers to be able to spam heal without any risk of drawing enemy hate so removing it is out of the question. However, a future update will lower how much Hate it creates. Thanks for the help everyone.

Spects
05-02-2013, 04:37 PM
We don't want Sorcerers to be able to spam heal without any risk of drawing enemy hate so removing it is out of the question. However, a future update will lower how much Hate it creates. Thanks for the help everyone.

agree
reward smart play, for instance heal when the tank rolls out his bubble.
Im just healing for mana restoring purposes.

Rare
05-02-2013, 04:43 PM

I dunno. When I play sorcerer I don't really have trouble getting aggro. I think the heal aggro is really unnecessary especially given the cooldown time and how squishy they are. I guess we'll have to see.

Rare
05-02-2013, 04:44 PM
agree
reward smart play, for instance heal when the tank rolls out his bubble.
Im just healing for mana restoring purposes.

The tank should never roll out of his "bubble"

Spects
05-02-2013, 04:46 PM
cast horn of renew
happy?

Rare
05-02-2013, 04:51 PM
cast horn of renew
happy?

It would probably work great if this was final fantasy and I was controlling both the tank and the sorcerer. I'd always cast hor after lifegiver

Spects
05-02-2013, 05:13 PM
It would probably work great if this was final fantasy and I was controlling both the tank and the sorcerer. I'd always cast hor after lifegiver

getting aggro by casting group heal is a basic concept in 99% of all mmorpgs.Yet people still manage to do raids/elite runs(even without ventrilo) succesfully
lol at bringing up final fantasy
Pick guildies/friends instead of pugs and you might have better coordination.Whenever I cast heal->insta hor( similar skill cd )by my tank ( and yes hes rly good)
works well in elite

Rare
05-02-2013, 05:38 PM
getting aggro by casting group heal is a basic concept in 99% of all mmorpgs.Yet people still manage to do raids/elite runs(even without ventrilo) succesfully
Pick guildies/friends instead of pugs and you might have better coordination.Whenever I cast heal->insta hor( similar skill cd )by my tank ( and yes hes rly good)
works well in elite

Well this is for a different discussion. I applaud that you're tank friend is always on and willing to play when you are. Unfortunately, my friends and I have busy lives and live in different parts of the world. So it's not always possible. I would love to meet new players.. but something, I dunno what, is holding me back

Eversor
05-02-2013, 07:17 PM
works well in elite

Well this is for a different discussion. I applaud that you're tank friend is always on and willing to play when you are. Unfortunately, my friends and I have busy lives and live in different parts of the world. So it's not always possible. I would love to meet new players.. but something, I dunno what, is holding me back

*Raises Hand* Is it the party system???;)

Lady_Pebbles
05-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks for checking up on this & yeah I agree, don't remove all the aggro just nerf it a bit. So we can still survive and the heal won't go to waste when the caster heals itself.

Pandamoni
05-02-2013, 07:45 PM
*Raises Hand* Is it the party system???;)

So perceptive, ever...

But what do we know? We're just average.

psychoscream
05-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Seriously they have to stop mages improvments

Alhuntrazeck
05-02-2013, 10:20 PM
@psychoscream What?! I could rant on forever and ever. Mages are the squishiest class. Their damage is way lower than rogues. Their armor is lower than warriors. The only thing they're good for? AoE attacks and Healing. I'm fine with the support aspect...what I hate is the aggro. I heal someone and pay for it. But good that ur gonna nerf the aggro, agree with u on that point, Swede. We need health and damage slightly increased, too. Look what happened when the warriors were nerfed. Instant upcry and their problems were fixed. I'd say warriors and rogues are OP, compared to mages. Without spending a lot of plat, without playing for hours on end, sorcs will never be as good. But I digress.
This post is to thank you Swede. Sry for getting off-track.

Lady_Pebbles
05-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Well said Alhunt.

Greencrow
05-03-2013, 09:05 AM
I love to tank but the boss hates me. I pity all sorcerers. May this be nerfed!

Alhuntrazeck
05-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Well said Alhunt.

thank you. I take that much time to create the post and rant on forever without a THANK?! baahhhh!!!!
Just kidding.

Lady_Pebbles
05-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Ughİ even potting is way more effective and faster. Heal is annoying me more now in elite PvE.

Alhuntrazeck
05-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Yes! It's fixed! Our prayers our answered!

Rare
05-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I ran elite nordr and used heal pretty consistently. I can't see that I died once because of it (I did still get aggro at times). But I was also running with two warriors.

In any case, at least for the time being. Great job STS.

Lady_Pebbles
05-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Yup I noticed day of patch release. Its been a big help. :) Thanks devs!