PDA

View Full Version : Fox or Bear?

PeteZero
05-01-2013, 07:25 AM
I have been playing for a while on PL now, a bird and an enchantress, now I want one for close combat, so either a Dex bear or a fox. What are the main differences? Please help me decide!
And thank you!

Xvanitykingx
05-01-2013, 07:39 AM
Get a "FOX", it learns awesome skills that are good for taking on the crowds, plus using daggers and dual wields actually make sense for this guy! I totally recomend this as your next character. You will love it! :)

tHelonestud
05-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Bears are much better. More damage, more aoe skills, and they start with a bigger health pool. Using no elixirs, it would be hard to be a dexterity fox, but a bear is fine. Also there are many more guides to playing a bear on the forums.

Xvanitykingx
05-01-2013, 07:56 AM
Bears are much better. More damage, more aoe skills, and they start with a bigger health pool. Using no elixirs, it would be hard to be a dexterity fox, but a bear is fine. Also there are many more guides to playing a bear on the forums.

Yes, there are more guides on how to be an awesome bear but, not many fox guides, IMO i think the fox is pretty good.
I'm saying this because I already have an awesome bear so I started a fox which is now lvl 25. :)

Prototypedwar
05-01-2013, 07:56 AM
youll die alot more if you pick fox, still a very nice class though.

Xvanitykingx
05-01-2013, 07:57 AM
youll die alot more if you pick fox, still a very nice class though.

I don't have many deaths on my fox, i made it to lvl 25, only 3 deaths! :D

Prototypedwar
05-01-2013, 08:07 AM
yes, but afterwards you will be facing tougher bosses and enemies .. especially in alien oasis part 3 and sewers.

Caiahar
05-01-2013, 08:14 AM
yes, but afterwards you will be facing tougher bosses and enemies .. especially in alien oasis part 3 and sewers.

Yup, if you dont have a high lvl with u, you will get pwned by Galactic Overlord and Sewer king/queen.
I myself had trouble until high lvls came and helped.

Prototypedwar
05-01-2013, 08:18 AM
Yup, if you dont have a high lvl with u, you will get pwned by Galactic Overlord and Sewer king/queen.

what lvl is your fox? and how many k/d do you have?

Deathofan
05-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Don't foxes run out of mana too much from levels 1-49? And they also seem to die too much, I would suggest Pete to finish the three main classes first and finishing leveling the bear, and then consider choosing either one of the new classes and even then, I think rhino is a far better choice to have at high levels (+56) than the fox.

Caiahar
05-01-2013, 08:30 AM

what lvl is your fox? and how many k/d do you have?

Not saying I have one over 50, but it was troubling even with my main (a bird) when I was at those levels. Plus, my bear has trouble too.
So if even a tank has trouble, a fox would too

tHelonestud
05-01-2013, 08:30 AM
maybe by the time you get a bear good, fox and rhinos will have been rebalanced so that they are more competitive.

Prototypedwar
05-01-2013, 08:55 AM
i dont know if it was coincidence that sts added a fox class shortly ofter AL was released. the fox has alot in common with the rogue class in AL ..

on topic: daggers have never been very popular before the fox was released (i think, not entirely sure though). so, if you do like daggers, pick fox.
the fox is also (compared to rhino) easy to spec, and if you dont like daggers, you can just use bows/crossbows/talons etc. instead.

Caiahar
05-01-2013, 09:19 AM
i dont know if it was coincidence that sts added a fox class shortly ofter AL was released. the fox has alot in common with the rogue class in AL ..

on topic: daggers have never been very popular before the fox was released (i think, not entirely sure though). so, if you do like daggers, pick fox.
the fox is also (compared to rhino) easy to spec, and if you dont like daggers, you can just use bows/crossbows/talons etc. instead.
Yeah it does....and even tho the fox is a meelee playet, samhayne said if you add INT to it, yhe poison needles/dart will scale. But I myself would spec into a close ranger.

Prototypedwar
05-01-2013, 09:25 AM
i only made a fox because i want to use the elite phoenix bow and didnt want to go full dex on my warrior:P. after reaching l50, leveling just got tedious without combo, and sewers is not the most friendly place for a lvl50.

Battlegrinder
05-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Since you already have a bird, I'd suggest picking fox. That way you can swap DEX equipment back and forth between the two characters, instead of having to by a lot of STR stuff that only your bear can use. Before someone comments, I know that bears should use some DEX equipment, but you'll still want STR armor, shields, and helmets sometimes. With a fox and a bird, all the equipment one character uses will also work for the other. I have a bear, a paladin, and STR Mage/Pally/whatever-we-call-them these days, and It's working out great (though running back and forth to Balefort to swap gear around is a huge pain).

Suentous PO
05-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Another vote for bear. He's easier, tougher, and gives you a more full understanding of basic party mechanics.
Fox is more difficult with some skills being mele and some range. Needles can be tricky to master because they do not auto target, it will fly where your facing which isn't allways what your targeting.
You said mele, so classic is best. /2 cents

xcainnblecterx
05-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Pure dex bear ftw

ArtofWar
05-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Bear

PeteZero
05-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Thanks for all the input, will go for bear then.

Deathofan
05-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Smart choice, bear will teach you many things.

xcainnblecterx
05-01-2013, 02:10 PM
PS. Don't be a scatter bear.

CrimsonTider
05-01-2013, 02:33 PM
P.s. Don't be a scatter bear right away. After you play for awhile then have fun scattering, but most players perfer bears pull enimes to the walls

Don't be a scatter bear.... EVER. It's a disgrace to our kind.

razerfingers
05-01-2013, 02:35 PM

Plz be scatter bear. I do it all the time in mt fang with the pros.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Snakespeare
05-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Cool! Now, if your bear is for CLOSE combat, you might consider Strength over Dex. Enough STR to equip, and the rest on DEX is also pretty popular. Dex Bears are more for PvP.

xcainnblecterx
05-01-2013, 02:49 PM

fixed

The Sadness
05-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Whenever I see a scatter bear, I think of Scatta by Skrillex.

Ubernewber
05-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Good choose
:P

Suentous PO
05-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Playing a scatterbear is great as long as your diet already consists of boot.