PDA

View Full Version : This so annoying

Axelrod15
05-01-2013, 11:08 AM
After I updated AL yesterday it started getting his really really really bad lag. Could you guys check and see if its a bug or something 'cause I am tired of playing with a ping at 800 and my screen freezing every 15 seconds

Axelrod15
05-01-2013, 11:15 AM
DEVS and MODS please look at this

Samhayne
05-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Hey Axelrod,

Can you please give us more details?

What device are you playing on? What OS version is it running?

Have you restarted your device?

Have you tried playing on a different internet connection?

Axelrod15
05-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Hey Axelrod,

Can you please give us more details?

What device are you playing on? What OS version is it running?

Have you restarted your device?

Have you tried playing on a different internet connection?

I play on an IPod touch 4th generation and I have iOS 5.1 and I have restarted my device no luck there and on every Internet connection I have played on it is still a MEGA lag and I have a lot of bars of Internet

GoodSyntax
05-01-2013, 12:41 PM
If you use an anonymizer or other proxy/vpn service, it would introduce significant lag. Any Unified Security appliance (routers/switches with SPI and built-in virus/malware scanning and deep packet inspection) can also introduce considerable lag.

Also, some forms of malware redirect all IP traffic through their Command & Control servers for packet sniffing, so this could be a possibility as well.

I would suggest trying to log in via Chrome on your PC (to eliminate an issue with the iPod Touch). If latency is markedly lower, then it can be an issue of your Cellular Provider (maybe not offering 3G/4G service) or your iPod needs some clean-up.

The easiest thing is to test latency by doing a ping and seeing the response time. If the response time is high, you can do a tracert to identify where the bottleneck is occurring. Unfortunately, if the latency is introduced beyond your ISP at a backbone node, there is honestly nothing that can be done about it until the upstream provider updates their routing tables, which could be days or months down the road.

Axelrod15
05-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Hey Sam I was looking at my post and I saw you edited it because it had the f-bomb in it. And if you are saying freakin is the f-bomb I think that is a bit off my man