PDA

View Full Version : To those who play PvE and PvP on Chrome...

Zeus
05-01-2013, 10:31 PM
How do you do it!? I am honestly asking because I have a laptop and I literally cannot PvP or PvE well on chrome.

First of all, I can't view my surroundings as quickly as I can on a tablet. This is essential in PvP when you need to be quick and always on the lookout.

Secondly, it is very difficult to click skills and move at the same time. Is there any way to customize controls? How do Chrome users manage!?

Thanks,

Apollo

Caiahar
05-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Ikr! I was going to make thread about it, how do you guys do it?

Cavoc
05-01-2013, 10:48 PM
I'm pretty sure w,s,a,d keys allow you to walk around. Then just click the skills or press the numbers

Zeus
05-01-2013, 10:53 PM
I'm pretty sure w,s,a,d keys allow you to walk around. Then just click the skills or press the numbers

Yeah, I know that, but on a laptop, the numbers are impractical to use for skills. Is there any way we can reprogram the hotkey set up to our liking?

Cavoc
05-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I know that, but on a laptop, the numbers are impractical to use for skills. Is there any way we can reprogram the hotkey set up to our liking?

I don't believe so... I've searched for a thread previously of the same question and had no luck.
But changing your controls, hotkeys, or maybe even scripting, I have no clue. I'm terrible in pvp with chrome on the current controls though.

Zeus
05-01-2013, 11:11 PM
I don't believe so... I've searched for a thread previously of the same question and had no luck.
But changing your controls, hotkeys, or maybe even scripting, I have no clue. I'm terrible in pvp with chrome on the current controls though.

You literally can't use the hotkeys and controls at the same time on a laptop. Why? Numbers 1-4 that activate skills are right above your movement keys (W, A, S, D) & screen rotation keys (Q & E). In PvP, since we need to be able to change camera direction, movement, and fire skills all at the same time, it just is extremely difficult to win on Chrome.

D-:
05-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Its impossible.

End of story.

Jcyee
05-02-2013, 12:02 AM
I only tried doing this once and it did not go so well. Like D-: said, it's basically impossible. screen rotation is pretty difficult too.

Zeus
05-02-2013, 12:05 AM
I only tried doing this once and it did not go so well. Like D-: said, it's basically impossible. screen rotation is pretty difficult too.

Kindle Fire HD replacement is shipping, so I'm giving the Kindle Fire one last shot.

It's going to take a few days to arrive, so I guess in the mean time, I will be deprived of PvP.

I tried to PvE on iPhone 4, but OMG, has it gotten laggy and the ping gotten bad on that device! Jeez, idk what happened to it. I can't even type on it without the keyboard freezing.

razerfingers
05-02-2013, 12:13 AM
Apollo forget what they all say they're nubs. On my laptop i click numb lock and am able to use the 4,8,6 and 2 for movement usually have chase camera or use Q amd E to rotate camera and can fire skills. Wish it was WASD and can use num lock to use for firing skills since im right handed.
Been doing it since i posted my thread about phone having bad digitizer lol

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Zeus
05-02-2013, 12:24 AM
Apollo forget what they all say they're nubs. On my laptop i click numb lock and am able to use the 4,8,6 and 2 for movement usually have chase camera or use Q amd E to rotate camera and can fire skills. Wish it was WASD and can use num lock to use for firing skills since im right handed.
Been doing it since i posted my thread about phone having bad digitizer lol

Only thing is though... macbook pros do not have a num lock. :/

razerfingers
05-02-2013, 12:26 AM
Only thing is though... macbook pros do not have a num lock. :/

That sucks, look like macs fail at one thing. :)

Wendellism
05-02-2013, 12:41 AM
How do you do it!? I am honestly asking because I have a laptop and I literally cannot PvP or PvE well on chrome.

First of all, I can't view my surroundings as quickly as I can on a tablet. This is essential in PvP when you need to be quick and always on the lookout.

Secondly, it is very difficult to click skills and move at the same time. Is there any way to customize controls? How do Chrome users manage!?

Thanks,

Apollo

I love using chrome to play Pocket Legends.

With the keyboard, I could type messages faster, albeit with a few grammar mistakes here and there. Also, I could multitask while playing to listening to music, to even surfing the forums!

Everytime I use a PC that has chrome on it, I log on to my Gmail account, Get inside Pocket Legends, and use WASD to move about. I toggled Disable Camera Effects, Toggle Skill Size and Minimap Zoomed out. Using those settings, I could simply use the mouse to precisely click onto which enemy my Autos should hit, And also to click on my skills for both PvE and PvP purposes.

DocDoBig
05-02-2013, 01:46 AM
What Wend and razer said,
additionally you could use two hands to play : one hand for WASD and the other hand for the num task (not num block), it might look dumb but does that matter? :D
Also I'd use the thumbs on the spacebar for Auto-Attack.
Attention: You cannot use a skill with the num task (further details on this later),
Here's a list of all hotkeys for the skills and usage of poitons:
1= Right Column bottom right
2= Right Collumn one above
3= One above
4= Right Column Upper Right
5= Middle Columbottom
6= One above
7= One above
8= Middle Column top
9= Left Column bottom
0= One above
?\-key = Red Poiton
`,-key = Blue Poiton (sorry tbh i'm not familar with american keyboards, what i mean are the keys right beside zero)
&
either +~*-key or #'-key = left column top/ upper left
that means the second skill slot of the left column can't be used with hotkeys. :(

Other hotkeys:
M= Minimap on/off
I= Inventory
C= Charakter
in SL additionally
R= Skill page switch
in DL (not 100% sure)
Q= Vampire Power
E or R= Blood Pack

Hope this helped you, and yeah i recommend to change your skill page if necessary. :)

Chaokaban
05-02-2013, 01:48 AM
Yeah,laptop is quite hard to play pvp.

The Happiness
05-02-2013, 04:47 AM
I have tried on Chrome in desperation before but i simply cannot get on with it. My laptop doesn't have a number pad and my hands are all over each other! I walk like a robot and skills are random and uncoordinated (no...not my usual play style). I gave up and just bought extra batteries for my phone and a powerful charger!

Wendellism
05-02-2013, 04:56 AM
I have tried on Chrome in desperation before but i simply cannot get on with it. My laptop doesn't have a number pad and my hands are all over each other! I walk like a robot and skills are random and uncoordinated (no...not my usual play style). I gave up and just bought extra batteries for my phone and a powerful charger!

At first, before I enlisted in the Army, I too had a hard time coordinating in Chrome, but as the months go by, and I began to have less and less time to spend everyday, I started to mainly play on Chrome. Trust me, you might not like the movements on Chrome, but trust me on this Apollo and TheHappiness, it WILL get better.

I don't use the Q & E keys on my keyboard to rotate the screen, I manually used my mouse to move the screen to my desired location. This makes it akin to my previous iPad experience, but better, and you don't have to worry about the default dictionary coming in to correct your mistakes in chat all the time. Here's some motivation for those of you that just recently tried out Chrome;

On a side note, I wish I can be reliefed from the army, too bad for me though, still have to serve my nation for at least 1 more year or so... now I'm simply gonna say "ORD LOOOOOOL!" as soon as my ORD date kicks in. =D

The Happiness
05-02-2013, 05:36 AM
At first, before I enlisted in the Army, I too had a hard time coordinating in Chrome, but as the months go by, and I began to have less and less time to spend everyday, I started to mainly play on Chrome. Trust me, you might not like the movements on Chrome, but trust me on this Apollo and TheHappiness, it WILL get better.

I don't use the Q & E keys on my keyboard to rotate the screen, I manually used my mouse to move the screen to my desired location. This makes it akin to my previous iPad experience, but better, and you don't have to worry about the default dictionary coming in to correct your mistakes in chat all the time. Here's some motivation for those of you that just recently tried out Chrome;

On a side note, I wish I can be reliefed from the army, too bad for me though, still have to serve my nation for at least 1 more year or so... now I'm simply gonna say "ORD LOOOOOOL!" as soon as my ORD date kicks in. =D

Thanks for the advice and motivation!

I think the other problem I have is using the track pad and not a mouse! Maybe if I spend more than 5 mins on it and sat at a table properly with a mouse ...I might succeed! I am lazy though...I enjoy playing pl from a reclining position....sloth like!

Wendellism
05-02-2013, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the advice and motivation!

I think the other problem I have is using the track pad and not a mouse! Maybe if I spend more than 5 mins on it and sat at a table properly with a mouse ...I might succeed! I am lazy though...I enjoy playing pl from a reclining position....sloth like!

Looks like I've found the root of your problems with Chrome. =)

tHelonestud
05-02-2013, 05:55 AM
Poor AL players

dudetus
05-02-2013, 06:00 AM
Poor AL players

U r such a mini David or mini Ely.

Ur copying isn't working at all, srsly stop it -_-'...

Wendellism
05-02-2013, 06:09 AM
U r such a mini David or mini Ely.

Ur copying isn't working at all, srsly stop it -_-'...

I miss Ely..

dudetus
05-02-2013, 07:14 AM
I miss Ely..

Yep, all we have left now are those fanboy/wannabe Ely's (like than lonestud guy) who think they post just like he did and think they are so cool in doing so.

I wish Ely was here to teach this guy a lesson.

The Happiness
05-02-2013, 07:32 AM
Yep, all we have left now are those fanboy/wannabe Ely's (like than lonestud guy) who think they post just like he did and think they are so cool in doing so.

I wish Ely was here to teach this guy a lesson.

Yeah...got to agree. Pale imitation of the real deal!

Wendellism
05-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Oh wait! Aren't we derailing the thread? Anyways, Elyseon, Hankomachos and Yich are one of the best ppl around forums. Sad to see Yich has joined then in the grave...

Roberto077
05-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Spiral Knights trained me well with using a mouse to its full potential. I click on the skills rather than using 1234567890-=

KnightSkye
05-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Add in a mouse. PL on Chrome is hopeless without it xD
I use the regular keys for movement and view rotation. Everything else I use the mouse (Skills, Pots, etc)
Only problem with this is liquidation. Absolutely kills my wrist after a full inventory.

Caiahar
05-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Oh wait! Aren't we derailing the thread? Anyways, Elyseon, Hankomachos and Yich are one of the best ppl around forums. Sad to see Yich has joined then in the grave...
Yich hates me and flames me to heck....
@knightskye: i play PL on chrome sometimes without an attached mouse :D
On topic: apollo, you know macbook pro has no num lock? Our laptop, is connected to a PC, so everything you do on the Laptop will appear on the PC.
Congratz. Pl looks bigger on the PC screen.
Now for the num lock, i use an attached keyboard. The ones where you can go buy it and attach it to the computer. It makes it a little bit easier.
so i use the num lock which has a seperate place for numbers, and you can move with it.
As for the skills, im sorry to say that you cant replace the skills to your liking. i always use the mouse and click on the skills.
but its so annoying to keep clicking and moving...so i just use Tap to Move, i just click somewhere far away on the map, and i just click the skills while im going.

The Happiness
05-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Yich hates me and flames me to heck....
@knightskye: i play PL on chrome sometimes without an attached mouse :D
On topic: apollo, you know macbook pro has no num lock? Our laptop, is connected to a PC, so everything you do on the Laptop will appear on the PC.
Congratz. Pl looks bigger on the PC screen.
Now for the num lock, i use an attached keyboard. The ones where you can go buy it and attach it to the computer. It makes it a little bit easier.
so i use the num lock which has a seperate place for numbers, and you can move with it.
As for the skills, im sorry to say that you cant replace the skills to your liking. i always use the mouse and click on the skills.
but its so annoying to keep clicking and moving...so i just use Tap to Move, i just click somewhere far away on the map, and i just click the skills while im going.

It all sounds like too much effort for me! I am obviously pro lazybones! Also...it doesn't sound fun....how am I going to eat chips and drink JD with both my hands tied (not literally) to the keyboard and mouse! Definitely never going to master this! Spare batteries ftw! ;p

I am not hating on Chrome btw....I am just happier horizontal :)

Caiahar
05-02-2013, 08:37 AM
It all sounds like too much effort for me! I am obviously pro lazybones! Also...it doesn't sound fun....how am I going to eat chips and drink JD with both my hands tied (not literally) to the keyboard and mouse! Definitely never going to master this! Spare batteries ftw! ;p

I am not hating on Chrome btw....I am just happier horizontal :)

ikr! its...just...TOO much! clicking on keys, moving, ugh. I only go on chrome to chat with friends. I use my galaxy player to play PL :D

tHelonestud
05-02-2013, 09:17 AM
I actually just hate the large screen for PL. It's designed to be small. I'm not sure if I could even play it on a tablet

Caiahar
05-02-2013, 09:23 AM
I actually just hate the large screen for PL. It's designed to be small. I'm not sure if I could even play it on a tablet
I loved playing on an iPad, but the charger broke, so I play on a player.

The Happiness
05-02-2013, 10:18 AM

Yep...tried that for a bit but still too big for me. My phone is perfect....well it is now I have super powerful charger and a couple of spare batteries! :)

Zeus
05-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Yep...tried that for a bit but still too big for me. My phone is perfect....well it is now I have super powerful charger and a couple of spare batteries! :)

7" tablets are better IMO.

Tablets and... Something else have a correlation. ;)

10" is too big, 7" is just perfect! ;)

Ks_Leon
05-02-2013, 11:50 AM
well..when i charge up my ipad...i usually play on chrome...its nice though you need some speed and skill to click the skill without miss it in pvp....so if you wanna play on chrome just one advice...play more learn more like the first day of birthday PL....:3

Ujustgotnuked
05-02-2013, 12:46 PM

Thanks,

Apollo
They "do it", because they're good to start with.

That's all <3.

vol
05-02-2013, 01:02 PM
I was able to program the numlock keypad to fire off skills in Al and it worked pretty well, with the only issue being I can't figure out how to get it to hold down a key to charge, which makes it useless for the most part

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Zeus
05-02-2013, 01:08 PM
They "do it", because they're good to start with.

That's all <3.

Umm, what? Many have said, even Yich himself (who is an avid Chrome user), that it just isn't practical end game. Please, your ego is bruised, I know, but that shouldn't spur you to make even more posts that aren't thought through.

Just because somebody correct your advice on another thread and you couldn't handle that he did, it spurs you to have a vendetta against people? It's immature and not needed.

Him correcting your advice should be viewed as beneficial infact. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the point of giving advice to answer the person's questions as accurately as possible? Thus, if he corrected you, it was for the person's benefit. There's nothing more too it, so please do not have such porcelain skin.

I'm not going to reply to anything else you have to say, as ignore list you go.

Cheers,

~Parth

Ujustgotnuked
05-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Umm, what? Many have said, even Yich himself (who is an avid Chrome user), that it just isn't practical end game. Please, your ego is bruised, I know, but that shouldn't spur you to make even more posts that aren't thought through.

Just because somebody correct your advice on another thread and you couldn't handle that he did, it spurs you to have a vendetta against people? It's immature and not needed.

Him correcting your advice should be viewed as beneficial infact. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the point of giving advice to answer the person's questions as accurately as possible? Thus, if he corrected you, it was for the person's benefit. There's nothing more too it, so please do not have such porcelain skin.

Cheers,

~Parth

I had a problem, minor problem, with him because his advice was not neccessarily needed, death stated that 5 fire was "needed whether it was pre-forg or not", when i sustained a valuable time PvPing with 3 fire.

Cheers, glad to be on the ignore list. Sincerely - Cookies.

DocDoBig
05-02-2013, 02:03 PM

Cheers,

~Parth

Intelligence over 9000^

Btw, Apollo could you do something with my list of hotkeys ?
Because it's like Wend said: You just have to get used to it.

Ujustgotnuked
05-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Intelligence over 9000^

Dbz reference............i like it.

Zeus
05-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Intelligence over 9000^

Yes, I could, but the thing is... in PvP, since you always have to be on a lookout, fast camera switching just isn't possible.

Here's why:

Scenario A:

In PvP, I just killed a person in a FFA fight. Now, I am running from him in attempt to regain my buffs so I can fight without giving him a free kill.

On Chrome, while I am running, it is extremely difficult to run and change the view so I can look behind me and see how close he is getting.

On top of that, running while pressing skills is difficult as well, if not close to impossible. Even if you change the layout, there is only so much you can do. Why? You only have one mouse and one keyboard. On a touch screen, you have many fingers that are all collectively executing many actions simultaneously.

I've noticed, because of that limitation on Chrome, it just isn't effective to PvP properly.

Gaunab
05-02-2013, 02:24 PM
You can actually change the hot keys with some programming knowledge. I think Otu posted a guide on how to do it but it got deleted for some reason.

I could never play on chrome anyways, mainly because of screen rotation and switching targets. One hand for walking controls the other one for skills. And I'm missing the third hand for the mouse.

Snakespeare
05-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Apollo, why aren't you firing your skills from the number keys? *

You walk with the LEFT hand by holding down W and steering with Q and E. (Do not try this in AL or DL because for some incomprehensible reason they changed those two keys to fire off potions!)

There are a lot of players who use Chrome, so it is something you can adapt to while you save up to replace that Kindle Fire HD.

* = I don't mean the numeric keypad, I mean the row of number keys across the top. That's where the skills are.

Zeus
05-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Apollo, why aren't you firing your skills from the number keys?

You walk by holding down W and steering with Q and E. (Do not try this in AL or DL because for some incomprehensible reason they changed those two keys to fire off potions!)

There are a lot of players who use Chrome, so it is something you can adapt to while you save up to replace that Kingle Fire HD.

I am, but...then you cannot screen rotate nearly as quickly, as you would need both your hands for movement, and then what will you use to rotate the screen quickly like is needed for PvP?

It's not like you can change your screen rotation sensitivity with Q & E.

Snakespeare
05-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Well, yeah, but it's only temporary. You'll be back on a mobile device soon. Meanwhile, now you know how it feels to be a Chrome user. They get no love man.

Bunnyshoota
05-02-2013, 02:55 PM

Thanks,

Apollo

I literally only play on chrome. It does take a while to get used to it, but basically you can use q and e for rotating screen, and the numbers for skills. Playing on chrome is easier for me because I play high apm-level games (such as starcraft 2, league, etc) and so with 200+ apm it's very simple.

Ujustgotnuked
05-02-2013, 02:56 PM
I literally only play on chrome. It does take a while to get used to it, but basically you can use q and e for rotating screen, and the numbers for skills. Playing on chrome is easier for me because I play high apm-level games (such as starcraft 2, league, etc) and so with 200+ apm it's very simple.

So u hax on chrome? I see the haxor haxes with the hax!

Roberto077
05-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Being a long term chrome player, I couldn't resist not giving out all the ways to control chrome better

WASD to move
Q to turn left
R to turn right
Z for health potions
X for mana potions
I for inventory
Space for auto-attack
I think left shift opened the menu (or M)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - = for abilties (I prefer to click)
Enter for chat and / for chat with a command
Tab for crash the game

Quick list of commands I use often
/g for guildchat (obvious, I know you know it)
/r for quick reply
/t for regular message
/b for booting
/report for god knows what...
/w for even player's IGN in the party/map
/L for coordinate location (helps with hiding spots and PvP strategies)
/trade hmmmm, what do you think....

You may most most of what I said, but someone may find some use to it... I was using Chrome for PL for 6 months before getting a new IPod, so any advice I could give would probably be very useful

Zeus
05-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Well, yeah, but it's only temporary. You'll be back on a mobile device soon. Meanwhile, now you know how it feels to be a Chrome user. They get no love man.

If I had to play PL on Chrome, I think I would either...

A. Quit

B. Be diagnosed with high blood pressure because of my inability to quit and keep playing.

DocDoBig
05-02-2013, 03:16 PM
^Roberto made a better list.

@Apollo, sorry I'm not that much into PvP, but what I can suggest, like Wend already said to go on options and toggle chase camera (i think it's called locked or so), then Q&E become unecessary since you technically "look" where you go to.

If you need tips on how to respec your skill page on bear for the usage of chrome, I can PM you how I did mine.

Zeus
05-02-2013, 03:33 PM
^Roberto made a better list.

@Apollo, sorry I'm not that much into PvP, but what I can suggest, like Wend already said to go on options and toggle chase camera (i think it's called locked or so), then Q&E become unecessary since you technically "look" where you go to.

If you need tips on how to respec your skill page on bear for the usage of chrome, I can PM you how I did mine.

That'd be great if you could. :)

XghostzX
05-02-2013, 03:52 PM
The game was designed for a mobile device (touch screen). There are too many mechanics in which you can't simply press keys for effective gameplay. Nobody truly realizes it, but touch screen mobile games is an entirely (and cool) way of playing MMO's that will change the speed and flow of the game.

Snakespeare
05-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Tab for crash the game

I LOL'd

tHelonestud
05-02-2013, 05:12 PM
The game was designed for a mobile device (touch screen). There are too many mechanics in which you can simply press keys for effective gameplay. Nobody truly realizes it, but touch screen mobile games is an entirely (and cool) way of playing MMO's that will change the speed and flow of the game.
true story

TheBeastXD
05-02-2013, 11:24 PM
pm wicked for how he pvp with chrome (he pvp better on chrome)

btw i love big screen playing pl specially ipad mini perfect size to play on it i pvp quite lot on chrome 2 you need a mouse with it

~J.C.

Caiahar
05-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Had a thought...wonder how people would do PL on a touchscreen computer? Would that do?
Ah, but touchscreen comps are expensive (from what I hear)
Did anyone try PL on a touchscreen computer/laptop?

Deathofan
05-02-2013, 11:58 PM
They need to add a different cursor, perhaps a round mid-size one would work, i'm always pressing skills and I miss some combos because I lost contact with the small arrow. As for movement and rotating I would use WASD and depending on the situation I use Q & R (unless your enemy respawns close, I scroll with the mouse to be faster) for rotating. I find it a bit useless to use numbers for skills, as you will keep pressing the wrong ones and you would really have to memorize them to completely master them. Overall I use WASD to move, QR to rotate, and cursor to Auto and Skills. But seriously, I hope the devs can do something about the small cursor.

Caiahar
05-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Yup. Apollo, if you want to play in chrome click on the skills and use WASD to move and Q R to rotate.
But I dont recommend pvping with it. For farming runs, I suggest enabling Tap to Move, and and click somewhere far away, and then you will auto go there, and just click on the skills while running to clear mibs in the way.

dudetus
05-03-2013, 12:48 AM
no, chrome is just poopoo

Rot
05-03-2013, 02:06 AM
W, A, S, D for moving

Q, E to change camera's angle

You need some time to get used to it, good luck :)

Zeus
05-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Mac or PC? I can help you with both, but Mac is harder!

Mac

OvigorothO
05-05-2013, 07:24 AM
If you've got a widerlaptop with the number pad u can use the top three number keys to lookaround and move forward. Im sure which keys specifically but there are two keys which control mana and health potions. As far as using the top row of keys for pvp, i usually just run a finger back and forth on the keys which is a lot more effective than it sounds. Although this is a decent solution it doesnt come close to the playability of a phone or a tablet. :)

Swords
05-05-2013, 12:32 PM
I usually put my combo as 1,2,3 so I can spam them in order to get my combo in super fast

OvigorothO
05-05-2013, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=Swords;1083103]I usually put my combo as 1,2,3 so I can spam them in order to get my combo in super fast[/QUOTE/] when I saynumber pad I am refering to the group of number keys to the right of the letter keys.