PDA

View Full Version : 2013-05-02 Content Update (119666)

H2N
05-02-2013, 02:24 PM
New Content!

New Elite Mines of Nordia dungeon now available for a Limited Time Only! Follow the signs in Stronghold to join the Premium back-to-back boss brawl today.
New daily quest in Nordr! Talk to Crystal in the Crystal Caves after completing "Crystal Clear" quest.
New daily quest from Grumble in the Jurn Woods, available after completing his initial questline.

Content Improvements

All Nordr enemies now grant more XP than all others.
Slightly lowered Health, Armor, and Damage of all Nordr bosses.
Timed runs will now stay 'pure' even if you use XP or Luck elixirs.
Elite Mount Spyr's Alpha Wolf Boss' Pack have a slightly longer respawn time.
Elite Oltgar Keep Minotaur Boss encounter balance revisions.
Elite Cyrstal Caverns Spider Boss cone attack and ice patch refinements.
Added a Consignment Shop to the Nordr Stronghold.
Increased how fast lower level characters gain experience (Levels 1-16).

Class Refinements

The Sorcerer's Arcane Shield will no longer break after a flat 500 damage but rather a value based on the Sorcerer's Strength and Intelligence. This will make the shield much sturdier for higher level players but slightly less sturdy at lower levels.
Noxious bolt 6m range upgrade now allows up to 6 targets to be affected compared to the standard 3.
Corrected Bug with Rogue Arcane Weapon Blackbeard’s Hooks to allow its proc to properly spread among enemies.

badness707
05-02-2013, 02:24 PM
First

Valkiryas
05-02-2013, 02:27 PM
OMG So Nice! Finally a good Update! Congratulations..!!

wvhills
05-02-2013, 02:28 PM
premium back to back boss brawl? here we go...

ReMinD
05-02-2013, 02:29 PM
wow nice :)

Katalinah
05-02-2013, 02:29 PM
sweet!

Theholyangel
05-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Nice, good for the sorcs and gameplay!!

psychoscream
05-02-2013, 02:31 PM
New Content!

New Elite Mines of Nordia dungeon now available for a Limited Time Only! Follow the signs in Stronghold to join the Premium back-to-back boss brawl today.
New daily quest in Nordr! Talk to Crystal in the Crystal Caves after completing "Crystal Clear" quest.
New daily quest from Grumble in the Jurn Woods, available after completing his initial questline.

Content Improvements

All Nordr enemies now grant more XP than all others.
Slightly lowered Health, Armor, and Damage of all Nordr bosses.
Timed runs will now stay 'pure' even if you use XP or Luck elixirs.
Elite Mount Spyr's Alpha Wolf Boss' Pack have a slightly longer respawn time.
Elite Oltgar Keep Minotaur Boss encounter balance revisions.
Elite Cyrstal Caverns Spider Boss cone attack and ice patch refinements.
Added a Consignment Shop to the Nordr Stronghold.
Increased how fast lower level characters gain experience (Levels 1-16).

Class Refinements

The Sorcerer's Arcane Shield will no longer break after a flat 500 damage but rather a value based on the Sorcerer's Strength and Intelligence. This will make the shield much sturdier for higher level players but slightly less sturdy at lower levels.
Noxious bolt 6m range upgrade now allows up to 6 targets to be affected compared to the standard 3.
Corrected Bug with Rogue Arcane Weapon Blackbeard’s Hooks to allow its proc to properly spread among enemies.

Nice

zweixii
05-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Free respec for every mages plz :smile:

katish
05-02-2013, 02:32 PM
This all sounds AMAZING!

Zuzeq
05-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Nice update. Going to add Nox Bolt back into my build (:

Gameplay
05-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Nice, good for the sorcs and gameplay!!

Lol Ikr, premium u mean its going to cost platinum to play?

Lady_Pebbles
05-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Finally a decent fix for the mage Shield skill. Now we need our Heal and Curse.. And Lightning to be fixed a bit more. :)

Valkiryas
05-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Wait? We need Pay for enter into the mines?

Carapace
05-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Finally a decent fix for the mage Shield skill. Now we need our Heal and Curse.. And Lightning to be fixed a bit more. :)

We are looking into this as we develop other things, it's not a fast process as there are lots of factors to consider.

At this time we're not planning a free respec, as the functionality of the abilities did not change they were just fixed/buffed to be appropriate given the progression of expansion, levels, and PvP

Darko
05-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Rouge now has highest damage and aoe to boot :/ let the killing begin (rather continue)

Theholyangel
05-02-2013, 02:42 PM

curse definitely needs some fixing, heal sure, and lightning too. I see other mages lightnings doing fine, but my damage is higher than theirs and i do less then them on a crit. It's odd

Haligali
05-02-2013, 02:42 PM
yarr, shield yarrr!

Khylan
05-02-2013, 02:48 PM
woohoo! thanks for fixing Nox Bolt!!!

psychoscream
05-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Is there anything special at the mins to pay 10 plat ?

Slow86
05-02-2013, 02:50 PM
U shld have allowed mines free first time for all lvl31 players...

Unataud

Popamollyswtn
05-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Best update yet! Time to merk

Lady_Pebbles
05-02-2013, 02:58 PM
@Carapace: I figured it takes a while and appreciate the hard work. Just glad we got a lil something to help out our toons.. Finally. :)

I figured we wouldn't get a free respec considering it costs 10 plat to get into the new dungeons... Obviously profitizing on these additions & changes a bit so I get it.

@Holy: Yeah I noticed that too on Lightning, oh & its AOE proc seems way less now too. The Heal's aggro needs a nerf too (especially on elite maps). Curse was changed a while back (I believe it was the CD changed to be 15sec now). It needs a longer duration; i.e. 15sec CD for a skill's effects that last only 2 or 3 sec is not worth it. Shame really, has potential.

Ozusaunake
05-02-2013, 02:59 PM
u mek me da hapiest gurl in da wurld

Aplyed
05-02-2013, 03:11 PM
so are there special drops in mines? or is it all the same old stuff from all the bosses , i ran it , completed and one boss gave me elite gold war with nothing worth anything inside. Please tell us so we dont waste plat. Ty .

Uzii
05-02-2013, 03:15 PM
XP is great! thank u! :)

Samhayne
05-02-2013, 03:22 PM
so are there special drops in mines? or is it all the same old stuff from all the bosses , i ran it , completed and one boss gave me elite gold war with nothing worth anything inside. Please tell us so we dont waste plat. Ty .

The bosses inside the Premium Elite Mines of Nordia are the same that you can find by running the current Elite Nordr zones. By going into the Elite Mines of Nordia, you save yourself significant time through the convenience of being able to go and fight all 5 bosses without having to take the time to clear the minions leading up to them. More about the Elite Mines of Nordia in this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?96108-The-New-Elite-Mines-of-Nordia-Dungeon-and-Premium-Content

Zuzeq
05-02-2013, 03:26 PM
The bosses inside the Premium Elite Mines of Nordia are the same that you can find by running the current Elite Nordr zones. By going into the Elite Mines of Nordia, you save yourself significant time through the convenience of being able to go and fight all 5 bosses without having to take the time to clear the minions leading up to them. More about the Elite Mines of Nordia in this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?96108-The-New-Elite-Mines-of-Nordia-Dungeon-and-Premium-Content

Awesome idea, if it cost gold to enter. Most players have more time than money. I'm hopeful you guys will change the fee to gold after the testing stage is over and you get that extra lil bit of pay. For now, I'll be happy to bite (;

Edit: Not meant to be a dig, you guys can look up my account...not shy at all when it comes to buying and spending plat.

Slashiroth
05-02-2013, 03:28 PM
So you pay 10 plat to fight all 5 bosses at once? Sounds like a death wish and wasted plat lol

Orageunas
05-02-2013, 03:28 PM

Awesome idea, if it cost gold to enter. Most players have more time than money. I'm hopeful you guys will change the fee to gold after the testing stage is over and you get that extra lil bit of pay. For now, I'll be happy to bite (;
They wont chance it to gold purchase cos money.

Orageunas
05-02-2013, 03:30 PM
So you pay 10 plat to fight all 5 bosses at once? Sounds like a death wish and wasted plat lol
They said it is time saving. You dont need to fight other enemies but bosses.

Deadroth
05-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Great nox! wkwk at last SSS sux :D

Slashiroth
05-02-2013, 03:52 PM

I know it is time saving, you didn't read the question or didn't understand it completely.

Rare
05-02-2013, 03:57 PM

All in seperate areas. You don't fight them at once.

Yakiniku
05-02-2013, 03:57 PM
The description said "back to back" which means one after another. Not all at once.

Deadprezz
05-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Nice update :D

Sibayjing
05-02-2013, 05:43 PM
1 free entrance for the dungeon will be great. We need to see before paying 10plats

MattyMV
05-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Just you wait folks! Next expansion will cost plat to access maps!

Appreciate the boss updates though.

Carapace
05-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Just you wait folks! Next expansion will cost plat to access maps!

Appreciate the boss updates though.

While I can't say with 100% certainty that we wont, chances are very very very very slim. That was an approach we had in PL in the earlier iterations of the game, and ultimately it did not work as we thought ti would. I would not expect this to happen.

In regards to the new Elite Bash, please keep in mind this is a premium service for players that wish to save time and farm. Players with plenty of time or no desire to pay for such a service can run normal Elite dungeons for free, barring any elixir purchases and the like players opt to utilize. Options are all we are providing :)

Snakespeare
05-02-2013, 06:38 PM

awwww.... for plat the bosses oughta be squishy ;) j/k

FluffNStuff
05-02-2013, 08:29 PM
As predicted, you have officially turned Nordr into watchers tombs. You may have nerfed the bosses, but they are still no fun to solo :(

Matthew Rodgeson
05-02-2013, 08:29 PM
When's this content going to be able to be updated to arcane legends from mobile one market?

Jellowpy
05-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Guys can you do something about the alpha wolf ? Even pets reflect can kill you and even DOT fr skills can kill us.. One more thing is that please can you take off the Howl sound made by his pack? Sometimes its confusing to hear a Howl stops DPSing then suddenly one more howl but now from the boss.. Especially if you just came fr the a resu

abrai
05-02-2013, 09:09 PM
How about a player, in a party, entered the premium elite dungeon and let the remaining partymates warp to him for free. Any thoughts?

Jellowpy
05-02-2013, 09:13 PM
^^
This

Spicy1
05-02-2013, 09:19 PM
How about a player, in a party, entered the premium elite dungeon and let the remaining partymates warp to him for free. Any thoughts?
It asks you if you would like to enter the dungeon for 10plat. No one gets in for free.

abrai
05-02-2013, 09:24 PM
How about a player, in a party, entered the premium elite dungeon and let the remaining partymates warp to him for free. Any thoughts?It asks you if you would like to enter the dungeon for 10plat. No one gets in for free.
I see, so, even if you're in the same party, joining him would still ask the player for 10plats. That's good. Then, I think my statement would be a suggestion then.

thekdub
05-02-2013, 09:43 PM
I have been very critical of STS in the past, but this is a much needed update. Thanks!

Valsacar
05-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Guys can you do something about the alpha wolf ? Even pets reflect can kill you and even DOT fr skills can kill us.. One more thing is that please can you take off the Howl sound made by his pack? Sometimes its confusing to hear a Howl stops DPSing then suddenly one more howl but now from the boss.. Especially if you just came fr the a resu

Pets reflect does nothing to you, DoT skills can hurt you. I use the howl as a guide, but the blue swirls are the key to know if he's about to shield, just watch for that. I solo the place most of the time, so I'm pretty familiar with how it all works.

Valsacar
05-02-2013, 10:43 PM
While I can't say with 100% certainty that we wont, chances are very very very very slim. That was an approach we had in PL in the earlier iterations of the game, and ultimately it did not work as we thought ti would. I would not expect this to happen.

In regards to the new Elite Bash, please keep in mind this is a premium service for players that wish to save time and farm. Players with plenty of time or no desire to pay for such a service can run normal Elite dungeons for free, barring any elixir purchases and the like players opt to utilize. Options are all we are providing :)

Can you clarify one thing? In the new mines, is the drop rate the same as outside? I hope that it is, and stays that way.

Axelrod15
05-02-2013, 10:56 PM
OMG So Nice! Finally a good Update! Congratulations..!!

I know this is mean but I TOTALLY AGREE

ishyrionek
05-02-2013, 11:12 PM
It removes DOTs after howl...
Ofc DOT of clock stays, cause clock is keep attacking him.
Pets? It's write that its REFLECTING it, but it dont make any dmg... Well mb only to pets...
Howl of minions? Tactic man.... Lure boss to bridge, so minions resps, and u only fight boss :-)
Well u need turn off radio music for 2nd half boss hp... Yeah thats hurt :'(

Gr8 update :-)
Wizzards back to pvps... :-) well cd kinda sux, but oh well, :-)
Dunno about other changes, need time...
But cs agent... So far, far away from depo.... Well i'll stay in other towns... :-\

Jcyee
05-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Great update. Loving it so far :)

Greencrow
05-03-2013, 12:47 AM
I was about to enter the nordia gates but then it asks for 10 plats, lol :) Ok, back to reality.. *clicks map>elite>goes to oltgar*

KennethK
05-03-2013, 12:48 AM

Yes but bosses havee defently more hp in the mines, so time saving ? nope, u need full party, so all in all, 40 plats for full party, and elixir runs out after boss kill, so u better stick around the mines for all 5 bosses, and then, 40 plats again if wanna try again, it seems unfair. Make elixir last 4 hours i agree to, but let it last 4 hours period, then it would be worth a little more.

edit: found out, the 4 hour elixir doesnt run out on log out like, 7 days elixir :P So, ye i guess i wont be playing these new boss mines, but good for ppl who want to.

btw, spend 10 plats, tried 1 boss, got the picture and went to upper hauntlet for more xp. Cant wait till u guys remove it again, when is this limited time going to last ?

Mercynater out !

Wowsome
05-03-2013, 04:16 AM
New Content!

10 plat to go 1v1 with an elite boss... Tried the two new quests, got 500 gold, and went to sleep. 'Nuff said.

At this time we're not planning a free respec, as the functionality of the abilities did not change they were just fixed/buffed to be appropriate given the progression of expansion, levels, and PvP

I would not classify the changes to Shield and Nox as a simple fix/buff. Let's be honest, it will cause many endgame players to tweak their builds - possibly multiple times.

Uzii
05-03-2013, 05:03 AM
As predicted, you have officially turned Nordr into watchers tombs. You may have nerfed the bosses, but they are still no fun to solo :(

the problem is for me that bosses hit so dam hard in normal map. im down to less then 10% of hp sometimes even when im trying to avoid that red zone, and im lvl 31 already.

H2N
05-03-2013, 11:23 AM
When's this content going to be able to be updated to arcane legends from mobile one market?

You can always download the .APK file directly from us. Please see this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?75011-ArcaneLegends-APK-now-available

Spicy1
05-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Frostbites cone attack is still bugged, it can randomly pull you to instant death even if you're behind the boss and far away from red cone. Also, if you make boss fights longer you should also make longer duration elixirs, id rather pay 4plat for 30min reroll than replenish 15min reroll after 1 run.

Zuzeq
05-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Frostbites cone attack is still bugged, it can randomly pull you to instant death even if you're behind the boss and far away from red cone. Also, if you make boss fights longer you should also make longer duration elixirs, id rather pay 4plat for 30min reroll than replenish 15min reroll after 1 run.

Plus 1 to the longer time idea. Money Spice

Zachie150
05-04-2013, 04:58 PM
I have really found the XP at Nordr now really good and I'm impressed. Thanks for hard work :)

Puntus
05-08-2013, 03:38 AM
Hi everybody!
One important question to know STS!

When the elite mines end?

Thanks and regards :)