PDA

View Full Version : Sweet idea for a tournament when things are balanced...

XghostzX
05-02-2013, 06:05 PM
How about a 5/5 tournament where each team requires each class? Bird, Fox, Rhino, Bear, & Mage... it would EPIC.

Thoughts? This would really force each class to play it's role (assuming that each class is balanced). If I got a enough people that were COMMITTED BY SCHEDULING MATCHES and had some time, I would throw in a a huge prize. I was thinking like 10m for the winning team divided up evenly.

Zeus
05-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Great idea but foxes and rhinos would destroy everything in terms of capping.

XghostzX
05-02-2013, 06:10 PM

This thing called 'defense' Parth. Player who waits in the middle to trap them are clever players. This would be fun.

Zeus
05-02-2013, 06:16 PM
This thing called 'defense' Parth. Player who wait in the middle to trap them are clever players. This would be fun.

I know, Will. You know I'm not stupid; I know defense exists... -.-

There's also this thing called dodge which would allow foxes to double jump past all defense.

Shilooo
05-02-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm in, but I would join if you had a tourney of flipping quarters.

Capping is the only thing a fox and rhino can do reasonably well. Well that and boost the other teams kills. But they are fairly easy to defend with the right strategy.

XghostzX
05-02-2013, 06:20 PM
I know, Will. You know I'm not stupid; I know defense exists... -.-

There's also this thing called dodge which would allow foxes to double jump past all defense.

Yeah I know, I was teasing you. My point being with good defense, it's not as hard as you think to defend. And take the OP dodge factor out, I'm saying if classes are balanced.

Caiahar
05-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Great idea! And if a rhino does things good, he can be a great help. He IS support class.

Zeus
05-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Yeah I know, I was teasing you. My point being with good defense, it's not as hard as you think to defend. And take the OP dodge factor out, I'm saying if classes are balanced.

If you take out the OP dodge factor, then yes, I can imagine.

The thing is though, I doubt by the way things are going, that things are ever going to be balanced. :/

Wendellism
05-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Aww man! I am so gonna join with my rhino!

*drops the potato chips and gets some dumbbells*

Mennddoza
05-02-2013, 08:21 PM
Aww man! I am so gonna join with my rhino!

*drops the potato chips and gets some dumbbells*

lol get big wendel haha.

wish my rhino was 76 then i would join

D-:
05-02-2013, 08:48 PM
An easy +1.

This is an amazing idea.

XghostzX
05-02-2013, 09:11 PM

The thing is though, I doubt by the way things are going, that things are ever going to be balanced. :/

That AND the fact that people would have trouble scheduling matches. I would love it for STS to put an in-game clock system that everything is based off of. Also, a chance for notifications on tournaments, an inbox system...

life in PL would simply be great if STS did these things. I just don't understand why they never have the urge to do so.

Caiahar
05-02-2013, 09:20 PM

That AND the fact that people would have trouble scheduling matches. I would love it for STS to put an in-game clock system that everything is based off of. Also, a chance for notifications on tournaments, an inbox system...

life in PL would simply be great if STS did these things. I just don't understand why they never have the urge to do so.

Its kinda easy...
A guy was very popular in town. He loved every minute. But he got a baby brother. Now everyone loves that baby, and no one pays attention to the older one.
How many caps has PL had?
Idk..
If I remember docs Times between expansions, there were about 10 caps.
Pl used to be updated alot. PL is 10 years old (expansion-wise, not by real years)
AL is 4 yearz old. It gets the attention now. Its updated almost every week.
PL is now barely updated.

KingFu
05-02-2013, 09:39 PM
And they all must be int

Deathofan
05-02-2013, 09:49 PM

Brod mentioned this idea before http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?50176-Simple-clock-idea!&highlight=Brodiniozo%20time although sam confirmed this was going to be implemented in near future, it didn't happened.
Your idea is a great one! I've always said a team with a mage, bear, and a bird that they all know how to play their class well, they will dominate the game. It's going to be interesting with the new classes if the stats happen to be balanced by next cap.

XghostzX
05-02-2013, 10:44 PM
And they all must be int

Yeahhhh.... no

Zeus
05-02-2013, 10:46 PM
The world clock, you can easily take care of by yourself.

Just find a clock app that keeps a specific time, tell people to use that to reference or find a virtual clock that has a time of it's own on google.

Post the link of the clock here and tell people to schedule matches using the time of that clock.

Caiahar
05-02-2013, 10:50 PM
The world clock, you can easily take care of by yourself.

Just find a clock app that keeps a specific time, tell people to use that to reference or find a virtual clock that has a time of it's own on google.

Post the link of the clock here and tell people to schedule matches using the time of that clock.

Good idea. Should ghost use it in his endgame tourney?

Wendellism
05-02-2013, 10:55 PM
If there's an endgame tourney in CTF for this, I'm definitely in. Especially Castle Keepaway, it's more like playing DOTA except you're in PL. =D

dudetus
05-03-2013, 12:51 AM
Brod mentioned this idea before http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?50176-Simple-clock-idea!&highlight=Brodiniozo%20time although sam confirmed this was going to be implemented in near future, it didn't happened.
Your idea is a great one! I've always said a team with a mage, bear, and a bird that they all know how to play their class well, they will dominate the game. It's going to be interesting with the new classes if the stats happen to be balanced by next cap.

I miss Brod. That messed up swede was whole lotta fun.

Sus
05-03-2013, 12:54 AM
I don't think they'll balance things though, but if they do I'll certainly compete :D.

jcoultet
05-03-2013, 12:57 AM
This thing called 'defense' Parth. Player who waits in the middle to trap them are clever players. This would be fun.
Some Maps you cant stop a fox from getting the flag

Kiwihawk
05-03-2013, 05:00 AM
Id Do It For A Laugh Hehe

5v5 Would Be Epic

Deathofan
05-03-2013, 05:33 AM
I miss Brod. That messed up swede was whole lotta fun.

I miss him as well, he was a great friend in game. Last I know, he renamed to xbrod in humania and quit during this cap?

XghostzX
05-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Some Maps you cant stop a fox from getting the flag

What map would you recommend we play in?

dudetus
05-03-2013, 07:54 AM
I miss him as well, he was a great friend in game. Last I know, he renamed to xbrod in humania and quit during this cap?

Yep he was Xbrod and he quit during Humania. I've chatted him in Skype and he said he could come back later.

Will, I got an idea!

After match is played there will be afterparty at ur house with free beer and a dj.

Caiahar
05-03-2013, 08:01 AM

Yep he was Xbrod and he quit during Humania. I've chatted him in Skype and he said he could come back later.

Will, I got an idea!

After match is played there will be afterparty at ur house with free beer and a dj.

Deejay? Y? You'll kill him with your ninja powers.

Sus
05-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Are you trying to not-entertain people? Then you've certainly succeeded. ^

Caiahar
05-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Are you trying to not-entertain people? Then you've certainly succeeded. ^

Huh? When was I trying to entertain people? Thats not MY job, from what I know. lol.
And I wonder when sts will balance endgame?

Sus
05-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Dude you have never experienced pvp at all, in your eyes everything now should have been balanced... And uhm, you did a pretty bad try at entertaining. Please keep your stuff in-game so nobody can view it so you'll be less hated. Forums is where everyone sees it, and since your posts are tbh not funny but kinda annoying just follow my advise :stupid:

Ujustgotnuked
05-03-2013, 09:47 AM
This is such a good idea, i would be the rhino doing ALL the damage, the fox and bird would be the supporters, healing us, the bear would be for capping flags, becaus hes clearly the quickest, and the mage would sit in the corner, because shes the most useless class of all.

Caiahar
05-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Dude you have never experienced pvp at all, in your eyes everything now should have been balanced... And uhm, you did a pretty bad try at entertaining. Please keep your stuff in-game so nobody can view it so you'll be less hated. Forums is where everyone sees it, and since your posts are tbh not funny but kinda annoying just follow my advise :stupid:

Yes I have pvped before. And I am simply taking others word for it that its unbalanced. When I go endgame, I dont want everything to be luck.
No. I was not trying to entertain anyone.

Sus
05-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Anyways, lets keep it on-topic.

Deathofan
05-03-2013, 12:56 PM

Will, I got an idea!

That's nice to hear, hope he comes back :encouragement:

Walkhardd
05-03-2013, 01:17 PM
I have this sweet house I'm gonna buy when I win the lottery!

Zeus
05-03-2013, 01:18 PM
I have this sweet house I'm gonna buy when I win the lottery!

And you're going to throw epic house parties & invite me, correct?

XghostzX
05-03-2013, 06:33 PM
We are on solid comunidad

Caiahar
05-03-2013, 06:40 PM
We are on solid comunidad

When do you guys expect StS to:
•Fix the bugs. The bugs r in fusionstrikes list of bugs UN attended to.
•Make another expansion
•Balance endgame pvp
•Also Boost rhinos and foxes a bit.
•Nerf stats on forg bows

Try estimating when sts will do these in order.
(Like
1. In ___ months
2. ___ year
Etc.)

Spyce
05-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Yes!

ThePvpTwink
05-03-2013, 10:10 PM
a good idea assuming BOTH teams have a bird,bear,mage,rhino,and fox so its equal. they jsut all need to be in same level and have good tourney setup. (should like not allow fbows in this lol.

XghostzX
05-03-2013, 10:29 PM
a good idea assuming BOTH teams have a bird,bear,mage,rhino,and fox so its equal. they jsut all need to be in same level and have good tourney setup. (should like not allow fbows in this lol.

This is end game, Fbows would be invalid (not even useful at endgame).

@Shadow - You don't want to nerf the rhinos and foxes... they're already underpowered, they need a boost up.

Gragorak
05-04-2013, 01:29 AM
•Also Nerf rhinos and foxes a bit.
LMAO

Caiahar
05-04-2013, 07:50 AM

This is end game, Fbows would be invalid (not even useful at endgame).

@Shadow - You don't want to nerf the rhinos and foxes... they're already underpowered, they need a boost up.

thanks for reminding, yesterday my brain has gone off on a drive .-. I meant
•Boost the rhinos and Foxes a bit
Yesterday my brain has gone haywire.
I think you noticed that ;)

Caiahar
05-04-2013, 07:51 AM
•Also Nerf rhinos and foxes a bit.
LMAO
:P foxes and rhinos are underpowered, and yet you found a way to pvp at 22 with fox.
You r da bes fox.

Caiahar
05-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Fbows were only during humania cap, so they inly went up to 70. And from level 50, other sets begin to shine through it.

XghostzX
05-04-2013, 09:16 AM

Rightt.... lol

Caiahar
05-04-2013, 09:54 AM

Rightt.... lol

;)
Wait wat.

billybob1
05-04-2013, 11:03 AM
u should prolly have n endgame toon when ur in a conversation............about end game

just sayin

tHelonestud
05-04-2013, 11:16 AM
u should prolly have n endgame toon when ur in a conversation............about end game

just sayin
your signature makes me laugh

Caiahar
05-04-2013, 11:44 AM

just sayin

i have no intention of lvling up to 75 unless sts stops raging on me and gives me 3x blessing on my main

Blind
05-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Lol Will, they can't even finish current 3vs3 rockwall tourney and half of the matches were played 2vs2. This will never happen.

Another lol for "balanced"

Caiahar
05-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Lol Will, they can't even finish current 3vs3 rockwall tourney and half of the matches were played 2vs2. This will never happen.

well...i think you have a point there.

XghostzX
05-04-2013, 11:50 AM

Yeah, but that attitude is the exact reason why STS will never want to help out the community.

Shilooo
05-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Anyone up for a game just for fun? Lets get 2 teams and try it out!

XghostzX
05-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Anyone up for a game just for fun? Lets get 2 teams and try it out!

I'm up for it!

Apostel
05-08-2013, 02:09 AM
Hope will never die. I miss the old castle-keep-away-days.. 3 hours exhausting ctf fun.

OverkillED
05-08-2013, 02:28 AM
Fbows were only during humania cap, so they inly went up to 70. And from level 50, other sets begin to shine through it.

Nice triple post.

Shadow, you don't play endgame and your comments are really pointless, no offense. I just think you should back off a lil and let the other people talk.