PDA

View Full Version : Should STS Moderate Contests?

dudetus
05-03-2013, 01:19 AM
Just crossed my mind that playermade contests should IMO be moderated. There are always people who like to seek attention by just posting a contest without an intention to even give rewards mentioned in the contest (25 mil competition as an example).

Best way IMO to moderate the quality of contest and guarantee that the contest is legite, is to make contest section same as guide section. U can't post the contest straight to comtest section, but to general discussion and ask for transfer to the contest section. This would make contest making require a bit more work which the 10 year old kiddos won't do just for attention. Simple way to sort of ensure that the contest are legit.

In addition, IMO fake contests should be treated as scams. People do work for quite a some time to put entries to the contest in hopings to get a reward. This is a scam if there isnt going to be a prize in the end. And, scammers at least to my knowledge, should be banned for some period.

Food for thought.

NECROREAPER
05-03-2013, 02:21 AM
It makes sense although it would require a lot more work from STS with probably zero profit from it, which is why I'm sure they've gone unmonitored so far.

dudetus
05-03-2013, 02:51 AM
It makes sense although it would require a lot more work from STS with probably zero profit from it, which is why I'm sure they've gone unmonitored so far.

OP posts contest into general discussion, pms Mod, Mod takes a quick look of the contest and moves it or not to contest section. Sure it does require some work but a fake contest is still a scam.

Ape
05-03-2013, 03:04 AM
My contest is legit (giveaway).
I also may vid me doing random.org if theres no copyright on this.

Psyche
05-03-2013, 04:45 AM
Here's the greatest contest: challenge yourself to go above and beyond your current efforts!

kcimythgim
05-03-2013, 08:50 AM
I agree. I won a contest before for some Humania hear back when that was the cap. The guy pmd me and told me that I'd won and friend requested me but I sent him 5 different pms and he never responded and I never saw him in game.