PDA

View Full Version : the downside of fast leveling

Alphaba
05-03-2013, 04:25 AM
They changed the xp in Nordr, so everyone can level up blazing fast. You just have to light up 10*26 candles and ur lvl31. That might seem very convenient for lazy players, but this may turn out to be a game wrecker.

Personally, I like to play a lot of random elite parties. As it takes quite a bit of effort to reach endcap, endcap players are often medium players or better, because through leveling at least they learned to play their char and use their skills. But now, we can expect a lot of lvl31's soon, who are not very good players. Already I'm noticing many elite parties breaking up very soon, because of stupid play. Imho, this increased xp was a very bad idea.

Jurassic45
05-03-2013, 05:00 AM
First of all raising the xp wil give other (lower or non-platinum buyers) the oppurtunity to get to the maximum level before the season end. And yes there are bad players,but you shouldn't blame all of them, some are new to the elite system or need to train more. Just deal with the 'bad' players and pick the 'good' ones and party with them.

Uzii
05-03-2013, 05:00 AM
elite parties was breaking up and will be breaking up always in same amount i think. doesnt really matter.

lazy players, u know some ppl have life, so...

and players who reach lvl 31 r mostly ones that reached previous caps too so u cant say they r new or dont know their skills. its just how it is despite of fast or not fast lvling.

i like that xp in expansion maps r higher now. players can already breath fresh air! :D

it gave some other option to the game not be so boring. players were sick of tombs already. some still preffer wt4 though.

Zanpakuto
05-03-2013, 05:18 AM
I grinded through Wt4 to 31 but am very glad sts addressed this problem. It was so boring and time consuming. I'd rather be spending 4h level capping and then do a few elite runs with noobs than to do tombs over and over again.

Alhuntrazeck
05-03-2013, 05:43 AM
About time we got a new place to lvl in, if you ask me. I'm just about sick of grinding wt4 ever since Season 1. As a player who's capped all the lvls except 16 and 31 (too lazy to even try 31 as of now :p) I've met my fair share of bad players. Elite runs are sometimes ruined when someone pulls the boss too far out and he resets. I've spammed my fair share of people who reset a boss after a 45 minute Elite Hall run. Unfair to them and rude, but I get very frustrated when so much time is wasted. Yup. Lot of noobs will be produced from this. But mixed in with em will be the golden gem that couldn't level up in wt4 cuz it was too boring (talking about yours truly, if you get me ;))

Greencrow
05-03-2013, 05:51 AM
Almost all season, players always grind to level up in wt 1-4 or any other tombs. It seems boring right? So dark, skeleton enemies, So creepy.. Yes, they're right, it;s time for a new place to grind up and nordr seems fine because of its snow theme and blue environment ( seems good to my eyes ) ^_^

Wowsome
05-03-2013, 07:08 AM
They changed the xp in Nordr, so everyone can level up blazing fast. You just have to light up 10*26 candles and ur lvl31. That might seem very convenient for lazy players, but this may turn out to be a game wrecker.

Personally, I like to play a lot of random elite parties. As it takes quite a bit of effort to reach endcap, endcap players are often medium players or better, because through leveling at least they learned to play their char and use their skills. But now, we can expect a lot of lvl31's soon, who are not very good players. Already I'm noticing many elite parties breaking up very soon, because of stupid play. Imho, this increased xp was a very bad idea.

Hey, good to see you on forums!

I too used to PUG a lot - still do sometimes. But when I am PUGing, I expect the not-so-good players and the quitters to be there (I even have separate loadouts for PUGs and good teams). Conversely, I have also met some very good players :).

I see it in a good way that the players who already know how to play their characters don't need to spend hours and hours of time in the same old WT4 over and over again.

xcainnblecterx
05-03-2013, 08:45 AM
I like the xp increase. I work quite a bit so I can't play 3-4hrs just to raise one lvl, except on my time off. So I prefer to be able to lvl when I can and easily.

ShadowGunX
05-03-2013, 08:54 AM
rofl. m so mch lazy even to patch up this game lol.
yet to play this new conteny LOL

Greencrow
05-03-2013, 09:07 AM
rofl. m so mch lazy even to patch up this game lol.
yet to play this new conteny LOL

Get ready for Nordia :) Prepare your 10 plats.

Zuzeq
05-03-2013, 09:22 AM
I agree with both sides of the coin. Its simply wackness rolling elite with ppl that don't even know how to control there own toon..let alone do DmG or support those who are. I also agree with the fact that another area was needed for leveling. Now you can lvl and make a little gold of chest drops (a normal silver Warchest is going for 2.5-3K). WT4 is pretty boring double xp or not.

Teoijio
05-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Im very glad STS addressed the xp monotony of wt4 and hauntlet. Hauntlet has become too hard to do fast runs and wt4 and other tombs just are too boring. And i think by lvl 30 or so, players know something about their toons skills, they were just not really challenged beyond hauntlet or tombs, where they spent 90 percent of their time leveling.

The Nordr maps are still new and do require more strategy to defeat all the bosses. Also, if players are lacking skills, it may be because they have played tombs so long they never had to really learn new techniques. The new maps and xp incentives to learn something new benefits us all to become better players. Just give them time.

Chaim Nail
05-03-2013, 10:28 AM
If killing bosses gave an appropriate amount of XP for the time given to kill them it would make better players as they would learn the tactics involved, as it stands I'm probably one of those 'bad' players as I know how to kill the foot soldiers because that's all I've been doing to get from lvl26 to lvl31, because levelling up in the game has given me no real incentive to kill bosses it's given me practically NO experience of fighting the Nordr bosses and as such I've still to got to complete Crystal Caverns and Hall of Valheim.

Teoijio
05-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Well, killing any Nordr boss is expensive, too, especially with many new players. My potion expenses are higher than ever. Most days, Im at a net loss in gold, unless I get a lucky drop. But I guess that's another part of the equation why people drop out before the boss... and im sure there are other reasons.

FluffNStuff
05-03-2013, 12:00 PM
I totally want to complain about the fact that my favorite area is overrun and there is no chance of finding a group to kill the pig tosser but ....

And at the next torch ...

Zuzeq
05-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Grats Fluff!

Asahetek
05-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Gold warchests are going for 18-30k+ good for quick gold especially if you are low in funds.

Though a lot of players have tendency to leave before you get to boss and soloing them is a pain for example frostnir had him at less than 10% got stuck and one hit ko'ed andt hen he reset

Row
05-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Sorry to go off topic, but anyone can tell me which mission is this? Is it elite for fast leveling.

Alhuntrazeck
05-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Nope, regular Nordr maps. They've just got xp buffs.

Shankur
05-04-2013, 12:15 AM
So keep going to jurn forest and kill everybody? That's it?

Then I'll be lvl 31 quick?

Alphaba
05-04-2013, 01:35 AM
Wow, thanks for all the replies :). I think all agree that there was indeed need for new leveling grounds. I also met good players who didn't want to grind hours and hours through wt4 again and got stuck at lvl30. So I'm all for better options, just not a "dance around the fountains 100 times".

Maybe an idea is to award more XP for HANDING IN (daily) quests? That would make leveling less boring?

And a bit off topic perhaps, maybe a messaging system (like ingame mail) so that it's easier to form parties?

Ladyshooter
05-04-2013, 03:43 AM
Hi,
Sorry to say but I'm against this change. Getting to the end cap was always the top additional goal for the die hard players. It weeded the weak from the chaf so to speak, it was a badge of pride. I think the change is a bit of a kick in the teeth for those who spent real money to reach the cap.
I'm not saying that because I was one of them, I wasn't. But I have up till this point always reached the cap, in all the games. Except DL can't get one with that one.

Jurassic45
05-04-2013, 05:56 AM
So keep going to jurn forest and kill everybody? That's it?

Then I'll be lvl 31 quick?

Jurn forest is just an expample of the Nordia levels. There are still other levels with more or less mobs. It depends on your choice which one you prefer. I would rather rush trough a level with less mobs, but in a enjoying way than going to, for example, WT4(Watcher's Tombs level 4) and bore me to death the hole time.

Alphaba
05-04-2013, 06:35 AM
If you read my original post, you'd read that the xp seemed to be given by the torches. I just read on the 'news' that they fixed a bug that caused the ice patches around the Jurn torches to give exp. Maybe that was the reason you could get 700xp in a few minutes? So perhaps it was just a bug... and maybe it doesn't work anymore.

Sloggar
05-04-2013, 10:47 PM
I don't get the part where u said 10-26 torches fast rankin up to l 31 I dot get it

Alhuntrazeck
05-04-2013, 11:30 PM
Apparently you get a bit of xp when you light each torch. 130-something i think

Alphaba
05-05-2013, 04:39 AM
I don't get the part where u said 10-26 torches fast rankin up to l 31 I dot get it

You used to get about 100xp for every torch that is being lit in Jurn, or so it seemed. So lighting 260 torches = 26k xp. So doing that level 52 times leveled you from 30-31, actually more like 40 runs because you'd get about 700xp per run. You could get it done in about 3 hrs that way (rough estimate). I can't check myself, but I don't think it works anymore.

Xstealthxx
05-05-2013, 05:36 AM
on the day they have expanded the map, after 8 hours of straight game at tombs i got from 26-30 nd half. my eyes got sored that why i did not get lvl 31.. lol..