PDA

View Full Version : Guide to Earning Gold Daily

Alhuntrazeck
05-04-2013, 07:37 AM
Hey guys, here's my first guide! I'm gonna outline some things you can do each day to earn gold every day!

By following this guide, you can amass a certain amount of gold each day [calculations coming soon]. So be sure to follow the steps below carefully!

NOTE: Do remember, this is not just for those new to this game; older players can do this as well!

1. First of all, try to settle into a good routine. Don't switch times around since it will become harder to keep in touch with your quests.

2. Do the daily bard quests.
One of the most important things you can do daily: the bard quests.
Since the new update, you have just ONE quest, but it gives you 10 story tokens. To get those,

Visit either Kraag Tavern, Windmoore Tavern or Traveler's Outpost.
Talk to the Wandering Minstrel. Accept the quest and complete it.
Turn it in. You now have 10 story tokens!

Now here's why its important: When you reach 500 story tokens, you can buy Colton, a good pet that sells for a good amount of gold, or Crawly, also worth 500 tokens. This will take you around 50 days of doing all the bard quests every day for either one. Crawly sells for a lot right now - if you get your hands on one, it'll set you for life!

In case you're going for the Beastmaster title (collected all 36 original pets) the other pets got with the story tokens will do you good too.

3. Do some other daily quests.
When you're done with your bards, you can take on some daily quests which are not too hard to complete, won't take you much time, and will give you quite good amounts of gold on completion. Some of those I do are

The Black Hearts Quest in Kraag
In the Dragon's Jewel1: Monkey Ball and Visit Aegir Island
Kraken Mines: A Miner Problem.
Sigrun at Rook's Nest: Breathing Fire: Shoot the Four Cannons in Kraag
Karin at Tavern: Remembrance: Dash to the grave in Arcanum Grounds

Complete all these and you'll have a good amount of gold.

5. Run an Elite.
As part of your daily routine, you should make sure you run (and complete :p) at least one elite run. I'd recommend you try Elite Seas or Jarl (if you get a party) since the Nordr ones will take too long if you don't have much time.
However. If you do run the Elite Nordr maps, below is the drop locations in Nordr:

Credits to Samhayne for his Sticky!

Jurn Wood's Boss: Noble Helmet
Mount Spyr's Boss: Sorcerer Weapon - Nordr Jewel Staff
Oltgar Keep's Boss: Warrior Weapon - Entomed Hammer
Crystal Caverns' Boss: Rogue Weapon - Mountain's Teeth Daggers
Hall of Valheim's Boss: Noble Armor

Happy farming!

The Realm of Shadowsl!
We've recently witnessed the Shuyal expansion shove its way into Arcane Legends. With a new storyline, new quests...you got it, more ways of earning gold!

On the long road to grinding to 36, I'd recommend you run the Shuyal maps. My personal preference is the Forest of Shades. When grinding here, you'll have the advantage of not using much gold (on pots, etc.) as compared to wt4, but also earning gold in small quantities as well! Here's how.

There are several dailies to be completed. There're too mage dudes standing just at the entrance of the Forest of Shades...they'll give you too simple quests you can complete while grinding. Also, there's a smurf with a giant hammer near the spawn point in the City of Kelys.

Each of these dailies yield almost 1k each. If you keep switching pets out, you won't spend gold on pet feeding, either!

Additional Tips:

Switch pets out instead of feeding. When you have a good amount of them (a lot of them can be bought cheaply from the CS or obtained through questlines) you can dismiss one and summon another and use it until its sad, then replace with another.
Don't run Hauntlet. It's the sad truth, but its gonna take you way too long to complete the Hauntlet without the best party. Which is why you see Shiloh's price in the CS rocketing.
Make sure to keep in touch with your gear. When you amass enough of gold, you can buy up cheap armor that will work for you until you reach the cap; then you can gold farm and get a LOT of gold and maybe, just maybe, be able to get the mythic helm!
The Warrior's Maul of Ollerus (Arcane Hammer) can be found in Locked Grand Crates and Elite Golden War Chests. If you're feeling lucky, open em up! The Maul sells for an amazing amount of gold and can rarely be found in the CS.
Know the CS. Find out which items are in greatest demand or are at the highest/climbing prices. Farm for those.
And thanks to Wowsome for this tip: Always accept all the quests you plan to do in a day first, and then go about completing them (as opposed to accepting them and completing them one by one). You can complete certain quests while you are doing other quests. One of the examples is the Black Hearts quest from Baldur that can be completed in the process of doing the Skeleton Medley quest from the Bard in Windmoore Tavern and/or the Running the Hauntlet quest from Bertrum and/or many others.

I hope this guide was good enough and I hope you'll get enough gold each day!

1The Dragon's Jewel can be found by walking south of Paradise Pier across the bridge-like Pier. Once you enter it, the location will be available on your map.

And don't forget that thanks button down there if you found this useful ^^

Updates so far:

Added Additional Tips section [05/05/13]
Added new quest from Pyong [05/05/13]
Added another Additional Tip from Wowsome [05/05/13]
Added location of the Dragon's Jewel [05/06/13]
Added Shuyal tips
Updated the Bard's Dailies!

Cremated
05-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Sticky sticky|!!

Alhuntrazeck
05-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Sticky sticky|!!

Glad you think its worth it as a Sticky :triumphant: PM'd Sam to move to the Guides section. Now only the wait left...
EDIT: MOVED! Thanks a lot!

Jurassic45
05-04-2013, 08:48 AM
As Cremated already said, definitely worth a sticky! Good job ;)
Tip: Maybe add some fotos of the daily quest givers.

Alhuntrazeck
05-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Thanks. Yep, I'll try and do them when I get my laptop back! It's gone for repairs and I can't play AL on this PC :(

DocDoBig
05-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Impressive!
Move to Guide!

ShadowGunX
05-04-2013, 12:32 PM
overall good. add sme more tweaks nd it will b worth sticky

Alhuntrazeck
05-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Thanks and yeah. Pics will be added and calculations too, probably.

Lalarie
05-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Thanks and yeah. Pics will be added and calculations too, probably.

Good guide and check out my sig for you!

Silent_Less
05-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Good and nice guide! ;)

suckyiknow
05-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Nice, useful guide. Will use it when I get back into the game!

Alhuntrazeck
05-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Thanks everybody! Will update more with pics and maybe calculations of how much gold u can earn each day by using this method.

Noobiam
05-04-2013, 10:33 PM
great guide. +1

Alhuntrazeck
05-05-2013, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the comment :)

Xstealthxx
05-05-2013, 02:39 AM
nice thanks for the tip!

Wowsome
05-05-2013, 12:26 PM
Kraag Cannons are left out here!

Good guide.

Wowsome
05-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Time-saver tip -- Always accept all the quests you plan to do in a day first, and then go about completing them (as opposed to accepting them and completing them one by one). You can complete certain quests while you are doing other quests. One of the examples is the Black Hearts quest from Baldur that can be completed in the process of doing the Skeleton Medley quest from the Bard in Windmoore Tavern and/or the Running the Hauntlet quest from Bertrum and/or many others.

Alhuntrazeck
05-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Added in the Additional Tips section, thanks!

DocDoBig
05-06-2013, 04:43 AM
Gratz on moved!

Pyong
05-06-2013, 05:58 AM
sigrun in rooks nest also gives breathing fire quest and karin in kraags tavern has remembrance quest.
those two quests are very easy to do, shoot cannon 4 times in kraag and for karin's just go to arcanum ground and make a dash to the grave

Alhuntrazeck
05-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Added too. Thanks! :)

Alhuntrazeck
05-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Sorry for no updates for so long, something wrong with my laptop, its been sent in for repair and I've had to keep off AL for 2 weeks! So nothing until it returns, sorry guys :(

suckyiknow
05-25-2013, 12:01 AM
Wow. Awesome guide.

Alhuntrazeck
05-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Thanks! (for being the first poster other than me on this page :p)

Magician
05-28-2013, 02:12 AM
Where would be the best farming spot for a solo player, excluding daily quests and elite (since this mostly requires parties)? Is there anywhere else better than rook's nest?
Been browsing through the drop location of pet eggs and crates, couldn't find anywhere else better....

Alhuntrazeck
05-28-2013, 02:27 AM
Well, you could farm kraken mines or brackenridge for locked crates...or rook's hideout for ribbit

Maxcd
05-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Do you recommend selling or opening chests? Which ones and why? I find that selling chests on the streets are the most profitable but it takes forever. If you open chests you dont have a good chance for good stuff (with the exception of pinfeathers) and you can loose some potential money.

Alhuntrazeck
05-28-2013, 11:31 PM
Do you mean crates or chests? Since I've got a lotta free time I'll explain both.

Chests

Open the cheap ones you get from farming, all the regular chests (copper, silver, copper, banded copper, banded silver, banded gold, copper pirate, silver pirate, golden pirate, copper warchest, silver warchest, golden warchest) as well as the Elite Chests II (elite copper chest II, elite silver chest II, elite golden chest II) since you can't sell the latter and the former isn't worth anything.
Chances are you'll get nothing good.

When you come to the big uns, that's where the money lies. Elite Pirate chests sell for a bit (haven't checked the CS for those in a while) and Elite War chests even more. I'd recommend selling them, because the chances you'll get anything good are pretty low. The only good item I got from a Elite golden war chest was only decent (sells for about 50k) but since much of the cs is dependent on Supply and Demand, I wasn't able to sell the item a few k's off the lowest price. It sold for 25k instead of 50k+.

I also got a rogue item that sells for 10k, so my experience of opening isn't that good. Don't take my opinion alone though, try your luck or sell for a fixed price.

Crates

Locked Grand Crates are a gamble; if you open them, you can win, and become an instant millionaire; or you can lose 15 platinum for crappy pinks. They sell (as of now) for about 19k, so sell if you want a fixed price.

If you want to avoid the CS fee, you can shout out in towns or /g. Prepare to have to negotiate your prices though, probably going down to as much as 5k lower than your intended price. For items that aren't in demand, use that method.

Btw, yes, selling Champion's Vest of Security for rogue, please bid. Thanks.

Getting crates are simple;

Type /partyinvite 000 in a town; this will enable you to solo a map.
Enter brackenridge village and run till Jarl.
When you kill Jarl, type /partyleave.
Teleport to another town and do /partyinvite 000. Repeat from top.

With a luck elixir, you can get several crates with this method (I got 2 crates in 5 minutes before I stopped cuz of boredom).

There you have my miniature farming and opening or whatever guide, don't forget to thank :)

Driaziy
05-29-2013, 12:04 PM
cool guide man!

Belfasius
05-30-2013, 05:14 PM
Do you mean crates or chests? Since I've got a lotta free time I'll explain both.

Chests

Open the cheap ones you get from farming, all the regular chests (copper, silver, copper, banded copper, banded silver, banded gold, copper pirate, silver pirate, golden pirate, copper warchest, silver warchest, golden warchest) as well as the Elite Chests II (elite copper chest II, elite silver chest II, elite golden chest II) since you can't sell the latter and the former isn't worth anything.
Chances are you'll get nothing good.

When you come to the big uns, that's where the money lies. Elite Pirate chests sell for a bit (haven't checked the CS for those in a while) and Elite War chests even more. I'd recommend selling them, because the chances you'll get anything good are pretty low. The only good item I got from a Elite golden war chest was only decent (sells for about 50k) but since much of the cs is dependent on Supply and Demand, I wasn't able to sell the item a few k's off the lowest price. It sold for 25k instead of 50k+.

I also got a rogue item that sells for 10k, so my experience of opening isn't that good. Don't take my opinion alone though, try your luck or sell for a fixed price.

Crates

Locked Grand Crates are a gamble; if you open them, you can win, and become an instant millionaire; or you can lose 15 platinum for crappy pinks. They sell (as of now) for about 19k, so sell if you want a fixed price.

If you want to avoid the CS fee, you can shout out in towns or /g. Prepare to have to negotiate your prices though, probably going down to as much as 5k lower than your intended price. For items that aren't in demand, use that method.

Btw, yes, selling Champion's Vest of Security for rogue, please bid. Thanks.

Getting crates are simple;

Type /partyinvite 000 in a town; this will enable you to solo a map.
Enter brackenridge village and run till Jarl.
When you kill Jarl, type /partyleave.
Teleport to another town and do /partyinvite 000. Repeat from top.

With a luck elixir, you can get several crates with this method (I got 2 crates in 5 minutes before I stopped cuz of boredom).

There you have my miniature farming and opening or whatever guide, don't forget to thank :)

thanks a lot. I didn't know how to get crates. And good for for the creator

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2

Alhuntrazeck
05-31-2013, 02:02 AM
You can also run the Kraken Mines for crates, some find that more reliable.

Alhuntrazeck
06-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Update:

Added Update Log

Tryndamare
06-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Good guide, u should tell that doing all the daily quests in AL, u can get 10-15k, if ur Lucky, then u can earn some lock crates, lol :)

Judge Gabranth
06-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Very helpful :)

Alhuntrazeck
06-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Bumping this up.

breebir
06-28-2013, 07:20 AM
ty for your guide, i very need

Asphiroth
08-07-2013, 04:54 PM
I dont understand what u said about getting colton n selling him. If u buy him with the story tokens through the stable, dont u get Colton, not Colton's Egg? How can u sell colton? And with what u said about farming crates, do u mean going through normal brackenridge, or elite? Cuz i went through the stage (soloing) numerous times n im not getting any crates. N what does soloing have to do with getting crates? If u could clarify these, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

IronMonkey
08-07-2013, 08:21 PM
I dont understand what u said about getting colton n selling him. If u buy him with the story tokens through the stable, dont u get Colton, not Colton's Egg? How can u sell colton? And with what u said about farming crates, do u mean going through normal brackenridge, or elite? Cuz i went through the stage (soloing) numerous times n im not getting any crates. N what does soloing have to do with getting crates? If u could clarify these, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

I'll answer this in behalf of the OP:

1. About Colton - Colton can be purchased in its egg form. Just go to Traveler's Outpost, theres a lady NPC there (forgot her name) before you reach the entrance of the Watchers Tomb, you can convert your 200 story tokens to an egg Colton. After that, you can sell it to earn your gold.

2. Crates - You can farm crates from Normal Brack Village, not elite just normal. But, you need luck to have it dropped, on rare occasions, it drops without any loot/luck elix. Having a leprechaun pendant helps in getting these crates. Just defeat Bael and the mobs before/after him, they drop the crates.

3. Soloing - Soloing does not affect your chances of getting crates. Some people solo because most players (pugs) farm normal Brack at rush-speed, which means, when you enter the map, either the map is finished or the boss is dead. I solo myself, alternating Brack Village, then Ydra Forest, Rooks Hideout, then repeat. Soloing does make your farming less stressful and at your own pace.

Hope this clarifies your query.

jabu69
08-07-2013, 11:35 PM
3. Soloing - Soloing does not affect your chances of getting crates. Some people solo because most players (pugs) farm normal Brack at rush-speed, which means, when you enter the map, either the map is finished or the boss is dead. I solo myself, alternating Brack Village, then Ydra Forest, Rooks Hideout, then repeat. Soloing does make your farming less stressful and at your own pace.

what do you get from ydra and rooks?

Asphiroth
08-08-2013, 12:49 AM

1. About Colton - Colton can be purchased in its egg form. Just go to Traveler's Outpost, theres a lady NPC there (forgot her name) before you reach the entrance of the Watchers Tomb, you can convert your 200 story tokens to an egg Colton. After that, you can sell it to earn your gold.

2. Crates - You can farm crates from Normal Brack Village, not elite just normal. But, you need luck to have it dropped, on rare occasions, it drops without any loot/luck elix. Having a leprechaun pendant helps in getting these crates. Just defeat Bael and the mobs before/after him, they drop the crates.

Thanks

IronMonkey
08-08-2013, 02:01 AM
what do you get from ydra and rooks?

Ydra Forest - crates and Blight (based on luck) from bosses.
Rooks Hideout - crate and Ribbit (based on luck) from boss.

There's a chance for Granite/crates at mobs.

Alhuntrazeck
08-08-2013, 02:11 AM

Thanks man. Didn't know people still read my thread, that's why I don't view it so often! :o

Alhuntrazeck
10-18-2013, 08:41 AM
Updated OP with Shuyal.

keikali
10-18-2013, 11:44 AM
ALHUNTRA,

Something to add. If you do all your Nord Dailies, Kraken Dailies and Shuyal Dailies, you would net about 10K each day.

Nordr
Unstoppable Force - 1K
Dungeon Crawlers - 1K
All Too Uber - 1K
The Big Bad Wolf - 1K
More Crystals - 250g

Kraken
The Ore quest in KM3 - 1K
Travel to Aegir Island - 200g
Monkey Ball - 500g

Shuyal
Shadow Cleansing - 1.2k
Armor Fragments - 500g or 750g (one of these)
Dead Lights - 500g or 750g (one of these)

Halloween Quest in Kraag Tavern (Limited timed) - 500g

chorba69
10-18-2013, 05:48 PM
ALHUNTRA,

Something to add. If you do all your Nord Dailies, Kraken Dailies and Shuyal Dailies, you would net about 10K each day.

Nordr
Unstoppable Force - 1K
Dungeon Crawlers - 1K
All Too Uber - 1K
The Big Bad Wolf - 1K
More Crystals - 250g

Kraken
Monkey Ball - 500g

Shuyal
Shadow Cleansing - 1.2k

True. Just, I wouldn't suggest doing Nordr quests. Ok true they give 1k gold but, how much potions u spend? If you spend 70health and 30mana, there is no point of doing those dailies.

Alhuntrazeck
10-19-2013, 06:20 AM
ALHUNTRA,

Nordr
Unstoppable Force - 1K
Dungeon Crawlers - 1K
All Too Uber - 1K
The Big Bad Wolf - 1K
More Crystals - 250g

Kraken
Monkey Ball - 500g

Shuyal
Shadow Cleansing - 1.2k

keikali
10-19-2013, 08:39 AM
True. Just, I wouldn't suggest doing Nordr quests. Ok true they give 1k gold but, how much potions u spend? If you spend 70health and 30mana, there is no point of doing those dailies.

Who said I spend potions doing so? Maybe 2 or 3, but thats about it.

If you're spending literally that much doing so, you're doing it wrong.

Amazonina
10-21-2013, 02:20 AM
And to add, if ur doing dailies wear leprechaun amulet. The whole time, nice to get a locked every once in awhile. I hunt bael, krunch, wear leprechaun, do my stories, arena, hunt elite shuyal. Everyday I make from 100k to 1mil, just depends on my luck. That's my routine

Milan Lame Man
10-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Who said I spend potions doing so? Maybe 2 or 3, but thats about it.

If you're spending literally that much doing so, you're doing it wrong.

But seriously. I need at least 2-3 health pots for each Uberman/Ulfang (more like 10). How do you kill them without using any? What would you do if you weren't a sorcerer?

And to add, if ur doing dailies wear leprechaun amulet. The whole time, nice to get a locked every once in awhile. I hunt bael, krunch, wear leprechaun, do my stories, arena, hunt elite shuyal. Everyday I make from 100k to 1mil, just depends on my luck. That's my routine

I do all stories + dailies Dead City and above + Hauntlet but I get like 20k + 3 locked each day, in about 2-3 hours (Uber and Ulf take really long...) Can you explain what makes the majority of your income? Locked, puzzleboxes, legendaries?
I've spent 200 pots and 10 deaths in 30 minutes to clear Shuyal 2 with a party yesterday, and got a rare ring from Ferrix. Is that considered effective?
And about Arena... if you can farm arena, you hardly need more gold...

keikali
10-21-2013, 10:56 AM
But seriously. I need at least 2-3 health pots for each Uberman/Ulfang (more like 10). How do you kill them without using any? What would you do if you weren't a sorcerer?

I do all stories + dailies Dead City and above + Hauntlet but I get like 20k + 3 locked each day, in about 2-3 hours (Uber and Ulf take really long...) Can you explain what makes the majority of your income? Locked, puzzleboxes, legendaries?
I've spent 200 pots and 10 deaths in 30 minutes to clear Shuyal 2 with a party yesterday, and got a rare ring from Ferrix. Is that considered effective?

Milan, there is NOTHING wrong with dying in those maps. It shouldn't take you long to run back to Uber or Ulfang. I find Uber harder then Ulfang because of the damage it deals, but they both go down just as fast. I do the same on my Rogue and War. Also note that normally I'm not the only one in the map so that is a plus also.

A majority of Nina's income comes from her doing Arena daily and also Elites. She really has some good luck in the Arena with the EGP drops.

Amazonina
10-21-2013, 02:38 PM

Wat type of gear do u have? And it depends on ur skills as a player, im full mythic. I was running with a rouge noble armor and a tank full mythic w samael r times were 8mins. And she hardly died, she listened carefully to wat I was telling her. And we made golden all 3 of us, plus pinks. My average daily intake is 100k to million. Some legendary items r not that great. But once u get the hang of arena its just flows. Add me in the game im always willing to help ppl out.

Acidious
10-28-2013, 04:41 PM
A lot of good advice here, thanks.

Alhuntrazeck
11-16-2013, 02:28 AM
Updated:

Updated the Bard's Daily quest!