PDA

View Full Version : Merching question

Caiahar
05-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Hey guys, me and buddy had a talk today and he said to buy a smolder, the str elite cuz it would rise up in price after new expansion.
Im wondering if its worth it, because if ppl twink at 76, they will.use savage set, right? And most behrs are str dex, enough str for armor and rest dex right?
Well smolder cost 300 str. And savage costs 157 str.
The only 76 elite that will maybe rise in price is Phoenix bow. Most birds are full dex, allowing then tk equip.Phoenix bow.
Do you guys think its worth it to buy smolder and sell later on?
Will it rise in price?

kcimythgim
05-04-2013, 10:00 AM
I believe that the price will drop down right after the new expansion comes out. Some people will want to sell their elite items right away to have more money to buy the new expansion's items. After this, the price will continue to rise because the item is discontinued. After a while, more and more collectors will have bought the elite items and locked them away in their stash, never to be seen again. IMO, the price will drop right after the new expansion and start rising again after that.

Mage till the end
05-04-2013, 10:29 AM
I would defiantly not buy it. Will only drop. No one wants 300 str.

DocDoBig
05-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Just do it like the guy with all green forg swords: Buy All, liquidate all but save one.

Caiahar
05-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Imo, its useless, most endgamers are dex str, and those who will twink at 76 would use savage set.

lakersrockftw
05-04-2013, 10:51 AM
It's like the marlin I don't think anyone uses it in pvp but that has effects so the boulder will go to 1 million at most.

Reunegade
05-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Imo, its useless, most endgamers are dex str, and those who will twink at 76 would use savage set.
First of all, read the title of your thread. "Merching question". Merchants would want to buy it because it's disc.

Caiahar
05-04-2013, 10:55 AM
First of all, read the title of your thread. "Merching question". Merchants would want to buy it because it's disc.

Yeah, but after expansion, would it rise In price? Do 76 behrs even do 300 str?
I just wanted to ask would it be worth it?

Wendellism
05-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Going to have to agree with your friend there. Elite items in this cap will be discontinued by next cap, and buying it now would mean a long term investment in the future.

The current elite prices are low because they have no unique procs, but all those elites have potential to grant you more than ten times on what you will buy now. I'd suggest to buy em while you still can.

Blind
05-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Don't buy it man, believe me. Str 2 handed weapon? No one will ever want it or need it.

Caiahar
05-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Don't buy it man, believe me. Str 2 handed weapon? No one will ever want it or need it.

remember marlin sword? well its actually so expensive cuz of shark proc.

LwMark
05-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Just do it like the guy with all green forg swords: Buy All, liquidate all but save one.

Cant really buy all when someone else has some to, of yellow color to

lakersrockftw
05-04-2013, 12:00 PM
I know it has the proc but for discontinued items the prices raise never fall except the first month it gets disc

ArsenalReal
05-04-2013, 02:28 PM
watch all the elites go out of cs XD lolz

DocDoBig
05-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Cant really buy all when someone else has some to, of yellow color to

Green is more rare than Yellow ? How many you have ?

KingFu
05-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Ask Apollo! He'll know!

You're asking Lw, you won't get an honest answer.

Caiahar
05-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Ask Apollo! He'll know!

..............I have not mentioned either of them in this thread.

billybob1
05-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Ask Apollo! He'll know!

lol...true dat

Blind
05-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Shadow keep one for collection, of course. But for making money there is a better option, farming new gear when it comes out. Selling it, waiting 2-4 weeks and re buying a set to use it and still having a lot of money left.

Caiahar
05-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Shadow keep one for collection, of course. But for making money there is a better option, farming new gear when it comes out. Selling it, waiting 2-4 weeks and re buying a set to use it and still having a lot of money left.
yea I need for the collection, but not money.
Ty.

airslash
05-04-2013, 06:03 PM
There's always a 50/50 chance about something.
For example. Remember the time when "shadow" expansion came out?... Pinks dropped every single run. At that time, nobody really cared for the death, shadow, or hate weapons. Then "after I came back from my 6 month break" I looked in cs and boom... The entire set flew up to around 900k. (What sucks is before I left.. I sold all the sets from "shadow" for about 300k.. lol)
And another example.....
l71 Elite Gear. (Boat, Marlin, uhhh. totem thingamajig?)
At the time is came out, proc was fun to use (and the gear was effective).. On the other hand, after Blacksmoke came out
the l71 elite weapons were almost "out of date" you can say.
Vses the l71 flying, beastly, or sharp there would be only around a 20%-40% you'd win. Therefore, most people sold it...
After some time. It's price rose to around 3-4m now I believe?
Merching does take skill, but luck plays a pretty considerable factor as well.
You can buy the elite gear right now and keep your fingers crossed. Or you can play it safe and MAYBE regret it later.
Who knows? Like the devs increased the base "dex" requirement for fbows.. they might lower the base "str" requirement for the
elite str weapon. AND the weapons don't have procs now, but they might have some in the future.
In conclusion, what I wanted to say is that.. what other people say isn't always necessarily right, nor do you have to
follow what they say. If you think that something is the better choice, by all means go for it.
Just make sure that you will have little to no regret in the future.
Not sure if this is the right quote but... "Make sure you're right, and go on ahead"

CrimsonTider
05-04-2013, 07:01 PM
I find it funny there are so many comments about bears not wanting to use this 2h weapon when:

1. Tons of bears use a bow (2h weapon.)
2. This weapon, like the Marlin Sword, is much more powerful than the 2h weapons from previous caps. Thus, it is very much worth it's current price.
3. A true tank can, and will, lead a group with a 2h weapon.

Caiahar
05-04-2013, 07:06 PM
I find it funny there are so many comments about bears not wanting to use this 2h weapon when:

1. Tons of bears use a bow (2h weapon.)
2. This weapon, like the Marlin Sword, is much more powerful than the 2h weapons from previous caps. Thus, it is very much worth it's current price.
3. A true tank can, and will, lead a group with a 2h weapon.
I'll take your word for it. I have no bears yet at high levels.