PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends Manual

Gavry
10-09-2010, 07:37 PM
I am pretty keen to start work on a large scale Pocket Legends manual. Split into sections accompanied with images etc.

I know there are some great mini guides on here. I though it would be good to get all the information together in one place and then if it all works out maybe have a link to it directly from within the game.

Few questions.

Do you like the idea?
Do you want to help? I'm planning to do a google shared doc to create it.
What do you think it needs to cover?

--> Ideas Google Document (https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=15QE8xftnlePLuspf2Lz2xiww4ASnU5TbdbkM87F1HC g) <--

The link below is the the Ursan section of the upcoming manual. Feedback and suggestions welcome.

Ursan Section (https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1oUtaDxQ88iGJtbrJb4PZldriQtv6Q-iF9zYPFlvXTb0)

cry
10-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Yes, but it would have to actually to a link on the game for anyone to look at it.

Cascade
10-09-2010, 07:52 PM
I planned this a while ago but i didnt work out..i would love to contribute! :)

DawnInfinity
10-09-2010, 07:57 PM
I like the idea, but it's quite a large undertaking.

PS- Happy Birthday (:

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-09-2010, 08:02 PM
I think its a great idea and i would be more than happy to undertake in the project :)

cry
10-09-2010, 08:11 PM
I planned this a while ago but i didnt work out..i would love to contribute! :)

Same, I would love to share any knowledge I have XD.

Varking
10-09-2010, 08:20 PM
I would love to help and yes I think it is a good idea. My username at gmail dot com is my email if you go the Google Docs route.

Gavry
10-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Fantastic sounds great all. Glad you're all interested.

I'll get this ting started then. :)

This is my idea:

1. Organise a group that are interested.
2. Get everyone together and able to contribute.
3. Plan the manual. Sort out the sections and structure.
4. Assign roles / sections.
5. Start production.

I think 1 is almost covered. We'll use this thread to collect more interested parties and ideas and assistance.

Onto number two. I really love the Google Docs path. I use it a lot and it works really well for collaborative document creation. I have created a specific account just for Pocket Legends; gavry.pl@gmail.com. I have already created a folder in my account and a first document for the collection of ideas. If everyone else is interested in going down this route then can you shoot me your Google email address, or create one and then shoot me it. I'll add you as a contributor to the ideas document and then we can start on step 3.

PS. Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. Your so cool. :)

Dizko
10-09-2010, 09:46 PM
I'd love to help. Hit me with a PM anytime :)

cry
10-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Can I get the witty writing role? Oooo, pick me!

Arterra
10-09-2010, 09:53 PM
i was actually thinking of making it a iphone app wiki. if you google it you can see it might be possible, even for beginner... only real way to make it widespread and useful.

Gavry
10-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Google document link added to the first post. Lets start this thing people. I'm excited!

Arterra
10-09-2010, 10:29 PM
if you would accept me, pm me and ill pm my email for googledoc editing. i really want to help make this happen.

cry
10-09-2010, 10:48 PM
App would be great, but linked to game would be better.

Arterra
10-09-2010, 11:08 PM
unless dev-approved/ made it wont be linked... we can't even get the forum linked lool T.T

Gavry
10-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Ok,

all added as contributors to the document structure.

To start with lets throw ideas together in the Manual Ideas document. Remember we are all contributors to the document so any of you can edit it whenever you want.

Kalielle
10-11-2010, 03:32 AM
I'd love to join as well. Hope I'm not too late.

King Richie
10-11-2010, 03:35 AM
use the already created Pocket legends Wiki !! we really have to finish that !!

Gavry
10-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Link to the first section added to the first post. Check it out and let us know what you think?

Arterra
10-13-2010, 08:12 PM
I am taking screenies of quests, starting at fathom (will work back later lol)

TheLaw
10-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Hey Gavry, love the "Ursan Section" can i know when to expect the Elf and Avian Section? Your work is one of a kind. :)

smoae
10-15-2010, 05:45 PM
the amount healed by restore also increases by how much inteligence you have, even for a warrior. don't know how much, but i'm a warrior with about 50 intel I get around 50-60 per heal.
you should add that in as a note under restore.
heres the link to the content update showing this...
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...te-%2850054%29

TwinkTastical
10-15-2010, 06:16 PM
I could help with the hybrid part of the ursan which NEEDS to be written.

IceyDeadPplz
10-19-2010, 09:27 PM
I also can help with the hybrid part of the Ursan. Maybe Twink can work on the IntBear and I try the DexBear? Well, if you are interested Gavry, I can pm you my e-mail.

-Icey

Inching
10-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Fantastic sounds great all. Glad you're all interested.

I'll get this ting started then. :)

This is my idea:

1. Organise a group that are interested.
2. Get everyone together and able to contribute.
3. Plan the manual. Sort out the sections and structure.
4. Assign roles / sections.
5. Start production.

I think 1 is almost covered. We'll use this thread to collect more interested parties and ideas and assistance.

Onto number two. I really love the Google Docs path. I use it a lot and it works really well for collaborative document creation. I have created a specific account just for Pocket Legends; gavry.pl@gmail.com. I have already created a folder in my account and a first document for the collection of ideas. If everyone else is interested in going down this route then can you shoot me your Google email address, or create one and then shoot me it. I'll add you as a contributor to the ideas document and then we can start on step 3.

PS. Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. Your so cool. :)

make it into a app on iTunes and sell it... all u have to do is put a disclaimer on it not linking you to STS... a lot of ppl have this sort of stuff in iTunes...

which ever way u do it its a good idea as the game is getting more complicated by the month.... Let me know if u need anything on Mage section.

thx, Inching

Gavry
10-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Hey Gavry, love the "Ursan Section" can i know when to expect the Elf and Avian Section? Your work is one of a kind. :)

I'm really hoping that someone else will do the Avian & Enchantress sections as I don't really play much as either. I have put the structure together now with the Ursan section so it should be an easier task for others now.