PDA

View Full Version : PVE Kill Counter Not Going Up

Ozusaunake
05-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Recently I've made a twink rogue (level 16)
Once hitting 16 I disabled EXP gain and still farmed Watchers Tombs 1 and Kraag Tombs (for quests/gold)
When I checked my PVE kill counter before one of my runs it said 1968. Then after clearing the entire instance it was still on 1968. I went to rooks nest to try it, same thing. So I enabled EXP gain for one kill and my kill counter went to 1969.

I'm wondering if this is a bug or not, if not. Why is it this way?

Rare
05-04-2013, 05:03 PM
not a bug. If you lock xp you won't get kills

Honestly, since mob difficulty scales, I don't know why they did this.

Ozusaunake
05-05-2013, 03:18 AM

Kill counter should be classed as a bug .... On my warrior about a month ago I killed mobs that didn't give exp, still got the PVE kills.

And PVE kills don't count when XP is locked, but deaths still count? Now they seriously need to fix that.

yoho.
05-05-2013, 03:30 AM

You answered your question: mob difficulty scales. Try to do hauntlet or watcher tomb on lvl 16 and lvl30 - you will see how easier kill farming is on low lvl

Ozusaunake
05-05-2013, 04:27 AM
You answered your question: mob difficulty scales. Try to do hauntlet or watcher tomb on lvl 16 and lvl30 - you will see how easier kill farming is on low lvl

He never had a question, I had the question.
And regardless, if the kill counter stops then why does the death counter continue? Explain that.

Ozusaunake
05-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Could I have a dev reply to this please? Why is my PVE death counter going up but my kill staying the same?

Lojack
05-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Sure.

"not a bug. If you lock xp you won't get kills"

Ozusaunake
05-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Sure.

"not a bug. If you lock xp you won't get kills"

Clearly didn't read my last post. My death counter is going up. Surely that's a bug?

Samhayne
05-07-2013, 12:54 PM
That is by design and how it works. If you die, you add to your kill count, regardless of your xp settings.

If you disable xp, your kill counter is disabled along with it.

Rare
05-07-2013, 01:50 PM

Well, scaling would imply that the difficulty remains the same. So this may be a topic for a different discussion if they aren't scaling properly.

Ozusaunake
05-07-2013, 03:35 PM
That is by design and how it works. If you die, you add to your kill count, regardless of your xp settings.

If you disable xp, your kill counter is disabled along with it.

So deaths count but not kills and you want it to be that way? Are you kidding rofl. That's the stupidest thing I've heard, steal a twinks right to get the elite title but let his death count go up as much as it wants.

Rare
05-07-2013, 03:57 PM
So deaths count but not kills and you want it to be that way? Are you kidding rofl. That's the stupidest thing I've heard, steal a twinks right to get the elite title but let his death count go up as much as it wants.

News flash fella... deaths don't mean anything. Nada.

Pandamoni
05-07-2013, 04:13 PM

OMG, it's amazing how much more I enjoy playing since I adopted your IDGAF(udge) about deaths.

Ozusaunake
05-07-2013, 08:43 PM

Thats your opinion, but I like keeping less deaths than kills, PVE and PVP wise. Certain guilds would reject people for having a buttload of deaths in PVE especially at level 16 and as a twink. I don't want to be displayed that way, and if kills are disabled then I don't see why deaths carry over.

Rare
05-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Thats your opinion, but I like keeping less deaths than kills, PVE and PVP wise. Certain guilds would reject people for having a buttload of deaths in PVE especially at level 16 and as a twink. I don't want to be displayed that way, and if kills are disabled then I don't see why deaths carry over.

Those guilds are not elite guilds. I would recommend you stay away from them. Obviously they are more about "appearance" than anything. I think that you can tell the people that run elite a lot. If I see a L31 Rogue with 80k kills and 15 deaths... they are NOT running elite very much.

But, I guess to each their own. I can assure you, you will have much more fun playing this game if you can find a way to get past your K/D ratio.

Personally, I LOVED in dark legends that you got an acheivment for deaths. Fantastic idea that should have been implemented for AL.