PDA

View Full Version : Elixir Free - Looking for friends

Actona679
05-04-2013, 03:14 PM
I made a new character some time ago and am now back working on it. While I fell deeply into the thrasher life some time ago and now have three characters at 76, I now want to try this one elixir free all the way. This is a fun experiment. Slow and steady.

While I have met many great players along the way, I have recently reached the sewers and am totally frustrated by the number of people who have no clue how to defeat the bosses. I try to explain but they just want to "muscle" thru the nightmare of the sewers with their elixirs and move on to Nuri. I am looking for new friends who might be trying the "old way" of the elixir free character, or simply want to fight the bosses with tactics.

I am not claiming to be the best. Just want to find a decent team that observes tactics and such and HAS FUN leveling slowly.

Name in game is Pinklizard. Level 54 pure int mage. Let me know if you are interested in trying drug free life ;-)

Oldcoot
05-04-2013, 03:32 PM
I just went through there taking my rhino to cap, and was astonished by the lack of knowledge about the bosses.

joshtheboss
05-04-2013, 03:32 PM
I saw u yesterday.

kcimythgim
05-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Almost every time I help a friend with cockroach, none of them know how to beat him. I tell them to either eliminate all trash first and defeat roach quickly, or not use any AoE attacks and not do the trash at all depending on the strength of the party. Many of them don't even know what an AoE is and just spam skills which destroy trash and heal roach. It can be very frustrating.

Ogbuehi
05-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Roach is very frustrating with people that don't understand how to beat him.

Sryyoulose
05-04-2013, 09:20 PM
I just destroy trash cans for my team then quickly kill the roach... It's annoying but I struggle on...

Zeus
05-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Hmm, interesting idea.

I might start a project of my own like that! If I catch up, I'll definitely hit you up. :)

Mage till the end
05-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Strategy? My strategy is spam skills

Sryyoulose
05-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Strategy? My strategy is spam skills

And that my friend is what we are saying is the problem 4x elixirs are for people like you.

Sryyoulose
05-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Try running all levels with a proper level unelixired tell me when you solo shadow caves on a 50... Then ill say gj

Actona679
05-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Hmm, interesting idea.

I might start a project of my own like that! If I catch up, I'll definitely hit you up. :)

Well, I see this post is quickly declining into an argument about skills, etc. and so far only one person has actually addressed what I originally posted about...anyone interested in trying leveling up elixir free?

You can "discuss" tactics, lack of tactics, who is better, or who must surely suck all you want but please don't close my thread. I'm just looking to have some fun and revisit the days of Pocket Legends before elixirs. Maybe I should have known it was a hopeless idea?

On the positive side, for those who might be intrigued by this idea, I will tell you that this slow, elixir-free leveling really helps with understanding the affects of individual skills and how to play with others who are not doped up. It is fun and it is challenging. Each class has its strength and we have really all forgotten what that means. Don't get me wrong, I love to fly thru dungeons with a thrasher group, spamming skills, never slowing the steamroller pace, and killing mobs in half a second, but does that really take skill? I'm having fun with my little Mage. Just looking for new friends to join me.

Caiahar
05-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Well, I see this post is quickly declining into an argument about skills, etc. and so far only one person has actually addressed what I originally posted about...anyone interested in trying leveling up elixir free?

You can "discuss" tactics, lack of tactics, who is better, or who must surely suck all you want but please don't close my thread. I'm just looking to have some fun and revisit the days of Pocket Legends before elixirs. Maybe I should have known it was a hopeless idea?

On the positive side, for those who might be intrigued by this idea, I will tell you that this slow, elixir-free leveling really helps with understanding the affects of individual skills and how to play with others who are not doped up. It is fun and it is challenging. Each class has its strength and we have really all forgotten what that means. Don't get me wrong, I love to fly thru dungeons with a thrasher group, spamming skills, never slowing the steamroller pace, and killing mobs in half a second, but does that really take skill? I'm having fun with my little Mage. Just looking for new friends to join me.

I currently have no toons going up to 75 without elixirs cuz the toons im lvling up are going to be twinks. But when i do ill let you know :D

TheBedtBird
05-05-2013, 06:42 PM
I made a new character some time ago and am now back working on it. While I fell deeply into the thrasher life some time ago and now have three characters at 76, I now want to try this one elixir free all the way. This is a fun experiment. Slow and steady.

While I have met many great players along the way, I have recently reached the sewers and am totally frustrated by the number of people who have no clue how to defeat the bosses. I try to explain but they just want to "muscle" thru the nightmare of the sewers with their elixirs and move on to Nuri. I am looking for new friends who might be trying the "old way" of the elixir free character, or simply want to fight the bosses with tactics.

I am not claiming to be the best. Just want to find a decent team that observes tactics and such and HAS FUN leveling slowly.

Name in game is Pinklizard. Level 54 pure int mage. Let me know if you are interested in trying drug free life ;-)

Ah yes thats going to be a tough road, not the monsters they'll be a walk in the park, but the monsterous XP you have to gain once you reach 70, Goodluck Actona I would be happy to join but, unfortunatly I already have every single leveled character up to the level 76, it was hard but well worth it:) I hope you score a few valuable pinks there in mount fang, best of luck from thebedtbird:)

Deathofan
05-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Hmm?^ Where's your bird? Thought you deleted it ephe.

Delphina
05-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Good luck with your leveling :)

Everyone remember to play nice

Mage till the end
05-05-2013, 10:15 PM
And that my friend is what we are saying is the problem 4x elixirs are for people like you.

Haha Funny how people come to conclusions like that. I never used a x4 till fang era. Haven't used one in 4 months probably. So next time please do not accuse me before you know all the facts.

Wendellism
05-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Even so, dismissing a class as merely a class to spam skills on isn't right, the game has hidden strategies and mechanics you have yet to grasp.

Mage till the end
05-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Even so, dismissing a class as merely a class to spam skills on isn't right, the game has hidden strategies and mechanics you have yet to grasp.

Buffs
Mana shield
Due buffs if u have
Damage spells

Rinse repeat. This game has no team stratige like other mmos. Not that hard. It's only as complicated as you make it

Wendellism
05-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Buffs
Mana shield
Due buffs if u have
Damage spells

Rinse repeat. This game has no team stratige like other mmos. Not that hard. It's only as complicated as you make it

Try doing that with a party that has NO Elixirs, NO Daily blessings starting level 45+ onward, in the appropriate level.

Make a video about this, and I'll be one of the first that calls you pro. Go on. What are you waiting for?

And like Sryyoulose and Whoisthis has stated, that is what the oldies are saying is the problem 4x elixirs are for people like you. Elixirs merely decreases the quality of players in the game in the long run, turning from what was meant to be skills in clearing a run, into a game where everyone can be power-leveled by elixirs. The fact is you are one of the many people that bought platinum just to buy elixirs, but it does not improve your skills in the game.

The Happiness
05-06-2013, 05:44 AM
I have just started my own project with my old (in pl terms only) buddy. We are way way behind you and may never catch up. But it is fun going back to basics. Not sure we'll get to endgame...may not even make the sewers...but I applaud your sentiment OP. Btw I have also given up random sewer farming for this same reason. Lack of knowledge of maps and boss strategy is quite depressing. Good luck!

Caiahar
05-06-2013, 08:01 AM
I have just started my own project with my old (in pl terms only) buddy. We are way way behind you and may never catch up. But it is fun going back to basics. Not sure we'll get to endgame...may not even make the sewers...but I applaud your sentiment OP. Btw I have also given up random sewer farming for this same reason. Lack of knowledge of maps and boss strategy is quite depressing. Good luck!
With greedy? I wish I could join the fun.

Mage till the end
05-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Try doing that with a party that has NO Elixirs, NO Daily blessings starting level 45+ onward, in the appropriate level.

Make a video about this, and I'll be one of the first that calls you pro. Go on. What are you waiting for?

And like Sryyoulose and Whoisthis has stated, that is what the oldies are saying is the problem 4x elixirs are for people like you. Elixirs merely decreases the quality of players in the game in the long run, turning from what was meant to be skills in clearing a run, into a game where everyone can be power-leveled by elixirs. The fact is you are one of the many people that bought platinum just to buy elixirs, but it does not improve your skills in the game.

How you get your rhino to 76 elixirs. Gf the chance you grinder to 76 elixir free is slim. You didn't take your time and learn the skills of rhino. So don't go critiquing me. I have been playing this game longer than you so gf

BoomBox
05-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Ill do it.

Wendellism
05-07-2013, 12:54 AM
How you get your rhino to 76 elixirs. Gf the chance you grinder to 76 elixir free is slim. You didn't take your time and learn the skills of rhino. So don't go critiquing me. I have been playing this game longer than you so gf

The rhino is a new class which at the moment is considered quite useless aside from 2 extra buffs. You don't have the rights to criticize me over buying elixirs for Wendellism, as I have intended for this rhino to be my second toon.

And as I have stated, make a video of you owning shadow caves at level 50.

Mage till the end
05-07-2013, 01:13 AM
The rhino is a new class which at the moment is considered quite useless aside from 2 extra buffs. You don't have the rights to criticize me over buying elixirs for Wendellism, as I have intended for this rhino to be my second toon.

And as I have stated, make a video of you owning shadow caves at level 50.

I was simply stateing that you accused me of always using thrashers when you have a 76 rhino. I have no interest in making a lvl 50 and doing shadow caves, because it is not part of the main spine I hardly run in there. If your so eager to se a video of lvl 59 in caves, make one yourself

Prideeee
05-07-2013, 03:56 AM
The point is, You don't do bosses on xp runs...

xcainnblecterx
05-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Can the gf term go away now? Useless out side of PvP. On topic lemme know when you hit the fang map and I'll join in, got a fox at 64 that has been pure. Gave up at 64 due to the fact I couldn't respec to pure dex and pure int just isn't right

Actona679
05-07-2013, 06:50 PM
Can the gf term go away now? Useless out side of PvP. On topic lemme know when you hit the fang map and I'll join in, got a fox at 64 that has been pure. Gave up at 64 due to the fact I couldn't respec to pure dex and pure int just isn't right

Well, I was about to abandon this thread. Figured it had been hijacked. Wonderful that you have elixir free character. I will make note of your name and message you when I am close. I'm still at 56 but moving steadily upwards.

I feel I need to clarify to some that my primary objective with this character is not to cap. I have three already capped and a few more over level 60. I'll probably abandon this character if I find it impossible to run maps without elixired players. I should also clarify that I am not above tagging along with teams that have one or two people who have strength or damage elixir. It's just too darn hard to avoid. Mostly I solo. I almost always abandon if there is thrasher or 3x or high level player. But I am not pure. If I am doing a quest and can't find good team, I join elixir group and get my quest done.

I am just looking to get a group together and play, full team, elixir free. I want to remember how that is ;-)

Right now I am in Nuri. Crazy nerf job there. I can solo the whole thing elixir free. How did that happen??

xcainnblecterx
05-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Well, I was about to abandon this thread. Figured it had been hijacked. Wonderful that you have elixir free character. I will make note of your name and message you when I am close. I'm still at 56 but moving steadily upwards.

I feel I need to clarify to some that my primary objective with this character is not to cap. I have three already capped and a few more over level 60. I'll probably abandon this character if I find it impossible to run maps without elixired players. I should also clarify that I am not above tagging along with teams that have one or two people who have strength or damage elixir. It's just too darn hard to avoid. Mostly I solo. I almost always abandon if there is thrasher or 3x or high level player. But I am not pure. If I am doing a quest and can't find good team, I join elixir group and get my quest done.

I am just looking to get a group together and play, full team, elixir free. I want to remember how that is ;-)

Right now I am in Nuri. Crazy nerf job there. I can solo the whole thing elixir free. How did that happen??

Yea I member being elixer free on my bear during fang cap. Reaching 66 actually felt good cause I worked my butt off for it. 71 cap I cheated my way threw mm and now I rushed to 75, had a epiphany and realised I'm not really going to get Nada in return except bragging rights. Nuris got nurfed awhile back lol. Pinks even drop in fun house now. Sewers still my favorite map due to the strategy needed for bosses. Humania it feels almost necessary to use a Felix cause of them yetis

Sryyoulose
05-11-2013, 08:28 AM
I'm thinking about making a no elixir, no group, no death character and getting as many kills and as high of a level as I can go^_^