PDA

View Full Version : Closing statements, please read PL forumers.

Griffinfan
05-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Hello,

I have thought this out over the last few weeks as I see it becoming a huge problem. I am leaving forums because of these issues and I wanted to put them out there as constructively as possible.

I am not going to point fingers, I am not going to play the blame game, I just want you to read this then move on.

Lately I have noticed a rise in the trollish behavior towards new and old players, I am noticing a click in the forums, If you aren't in this click you aren't appreciated and sometimes you are flamed in almost everything you post.

It is disturbing that even some of the old players I used to have respect for have adapted this attitude towards newer players on the forums and those that don't act like adults sometimes because they (in RL) are still kids, is that any reason to be rude to them?

This is not the community I joined, nor is it one I want to see a month from now, I am truly disappointed in some of you, and I am asking you observe yourselves and ask the question "Was that post/thread really necessary to post? did I hurt someones feelings with that?"

I think sometimes we forget we are talking to actual people with actual feelings, and yes we could possibly be hurting them. I have felt that the community spirit has left the forums and its a drag to see what new argument has dispersed on what thread.

This is not a condemning letter, this is a plea. I joined these forums because you guys were awesome and it was fun to engage. That welcome has disappeared and I want it back.

Here is my Challenge: Be kinder, respect others and be constructive. If someone is annoying you then let them win, and forget the ego's. In the end nobody will care who had a better rep bar.

Until then, This is Griff signing off for the last time.

If you can't post anything constructive about this, then please (out of respect) don't post on the thread.

Thanks for reading.

tHelonestud
05-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Lately I have noticed a rise in the trollish behavior towards new and old players, I am noticing a click in the forums, If you aren't in this click you aren't appreciated and sometimes you are flamed in almost everything you post.
clique*

Multibird
05-04-2013, 09:58 PM
totally

Bootdaddy
05-04-2013, 09:59 PM
clique*

he said don't post if it isn't constructive

tHelonestud
05-04-2013, 10:00 PM
he said don't post if it isn't constructive
I'm pretty sure that strengthening someone's spelling habits is pretty constructive

Griffinfan
05-04-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm pretty sure that strengthening someone's spelling habits is pretty constructive

Please re-read the letter, I am afraid you missed the objective.

Caiahar
05-04-2013, 10:03 PM

Please re-read the letter, I am afraid you missed the objective.
Yes.

tHelonestud
05-04-2013, 10:16 PM
All I ask is that you read the letter, then move on.

Thank you.
I read it twice actually, first trying to figure out what you meant, then it clicked, or cliqued, whichever you prefer.
How else would I know you were leaving and not accepting your own challenge?
Kind of hypocritical, but, since when am I to judge one's character

KingFu
05-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Can I have your stuff btw?

Griffinfan
05-04-2013, 10:19 PM
I read it twice actually, first trying to figure out what you meant, then it clicked, or cliqued, whichever you prefer.
How else would I know you were leaving and not accepting your own challenge?
Kind of hypocritical, but, since when am I to judge one's character

I already accepted it, and will implement it in day to day life.

I do not have the time to argue about this or other useless things all the time, I have a job and a life to attend to. I always made time for a little bit of foruming but have been disgusted by the recent behaviors of many on the forums.

It has become a place that is no longer worth the time I formerly set aside for it, therefore I am leaving but will also accept my own challenge to be a kinder person to everyone I meet through life, and to see the best in people.

KingFu
05-04-2013, 10:22 PM
So, yes?

Griffinfan
05-04-2013, 10:23 PM
So, yes?

If you don't have anything constructive to add, leave this thread.

KingFu
05-04-2013, 10:24 PM

Constructive: Serving a useful purpose; tending to build up.

Purpose is me getting free items.

So, yes?

Bootdaddy
05-04-2013, 10:25 PM

Him and his friend gonna troll it till they get there point across

Griffinfan
05-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Constructive: Serving a useful purpose; tending to build up.

Purpose is me getting free items.

So, yes?

I am leaving forums, not the game.

Please re-read the letter, you missed the objective.

KingFu
05-04-2013, 10:30 PM
I am leaving forums, not the game.

Please re-read the letter, you missed the objective.

Den y u still hear?

Griffinfan
05-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Den y u still hear?

Keeping my final thread, and final plea, clean.

This is my last chance to get this out there and I will make sure it stays out there without anyone ruining the thread.

Delphina
05-04-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm sorry to see you go. :(

Zeus
05-04-2013, 10:38 PM
The truth of the matter is this:

Until developers take a firm stance against all trolls AS WELL AS those who cause the trolling to initiate (by irking people, spamming the forums, etc), it will not cease.

Those of you know who I am talking about know how you are and also know that I have personally tried. There is only so much you can do.

In short, nice speech, but wrong environment. The people you are talking to are bored players. If you don't believe me, take a look at the AL section. It is much more constructive than the PL side.

I hope you decide to stick around. :)

Cheers,

~Apollo

This stems from boredom. The forums is already in the troll mentality (I get caught in it as well at times, not going to lie.)

Griffinfan
05-04-2013, 10:39 PM

Until developers take a firm stance against all trolls AS WELL AS those who cause the trolling to initiate (by irking people, spamming the forums, etc), it will not cease.

Those of you know who I am talking about know how you are and also know that I have personally tried. There is only so much you can do.

In short, nice speech, but wrong environment. The people you are talking to are bored players. If you don't believe me, take a look at the AL section. It is much more constructive than the PL side.

Cheers,

Clear some PM space

KingFu
05-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Clear some PM space

Oh! Oh! Is it about me? :D

Zeus
05-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Clear some PM space

I did. :)

Delphina
05-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Please keep this thread constructive.

Zeus
05-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Oh! Oh! Is it about me? :D

Maybeeeeeeeee, maybe not. :p

Wendellism
05-04-2013, 10:51 PM

Cheers,

~Apollo

This stems from boredom. The forums is already in the troll mentality (I get caught in it as well at times, not going to lie.)

Actually I'll agree with Griffin, the community nowadays consist of only 10% useful threads, the other 90% not so useful. Also many of us has a choice to troll in the forums. It all depends on your self-control and your mentality.

Sure, I don't condone trolling done here in our forums; I myself admit to occasional trolling at times, but have you noticed many other forums outside of STS? You would see that many trolls still exist in every forums available, from forums that are based on real life, to those that are based on workplaces. Nobody could get rid of trolls altogether, however, you could be the opposite of that by continuing to be a well-known constructive person that gives out opinions or even create great guides for newer generations of players to see. Let the trolls troll, let the developers take care of this matter rather than you having to comment about it. I'm sure that's probably why Hanko, Elyseon and Yich are banned from forums altogether.

However, I do agree with you stating that we should be kind-hearted in the forums altogether, after all, new players and old would prefer a great person in forums that is willing to teach the basics and advanced mechanics of the game, rather than a mean person that brag and troll in forums. I'm so sorry to see a great forumer like you go, but should you ever return, I'm sure I'll be one of the first to welcome you back with open arms.

Griffinfan
05-04-2013, 10:58 PM

Thanks Del.

tHelonestud
05-04-2013, 11:01 PM
their*

I still am not sure how making the forums more readable is trolling
I am here to help

Zeus
05-04-2013, 11:01 PM
Actually I'll agree with Griffin, the community nowadays consist of only 10% useful threads, the other 90% not so useful. Also many of us has a choice to troll in the forums. It all depends on your self-control and your mentality.

Sure, I don't condone trolling done here in our forums; I myself admit to occasional trolling at times, but have you noticed many other forums outside of STS? You would see that many trolls still exist in every forums available, from forums that are based on real life, to those that are based on workplaces. Nobody could get rid of trolls altogether, however, you could be the opposite of that by continuing to be a well-known constructive person that gives out opinions or even create great guides for newer generations of players to see. Let the trolls troll, let the developers take care of this matter rather than you having to comment about it. I'm sure that's probably why Hanko, Elyseon and Yich are banned from forums altogether.

However, I do agree with you stating that we should be kind-hearted in the forums altogether, after all, new players and old would prefer a great person in forums that is willing to teach the basics and advanced mechanics of the game, rather than a mean person that brag and troll in forums. I'm so sorry to see a great forumer like you go, but should you ever return, I'm sure I'll be one of the first to welcome you back with open arms.

After being in these forums for nearly 3 years, Wendellism, trust me when I say that the trolling does infact stem from boredom.

Me, MysticalDream, and others have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly of the forums. To all of those who think that MysticalDream & Elyseon are mean, ugly trolls, I will have to disagree. Yes, sometimes it gets out of hand, I will be the first to admit that.

However, also take a look at their contributions in forums history. There is a saying that goes something like this: "Good deeds will often be ignored while each bad deed will stick out like a sore thumb."

Most of those that troll now were previously huge contributors in the forums community and a contributing reason as to why the game is like it is today. Please, do not forget that because of their current behaviors, which does in fact stem out of boredom.

I believe the player WhoisThis said it best. Each generation of players, the quality decreases. Simply, this is what it is. You see it in game; you see it in forums. In game, it is the annoyance that the wide majority of players do not know simple in-game mechanics. On here, it is that a wide majority of forumers maturity levels & contribution levels have decreased.

That is simply the way MMO life goes.

Now, if you can somehow minimize trolling, I will be the first to give you applause. I have already given my $.02 on this matter to JustG.

Caiahar
05-04-2013, 11:04 PM

Cheers,

~Apollo

Hank and ely trolled harmlessly
Yich, flamed me to heck.
Griff, you r one of my best buddies (screw that, you're my BEST buddy) and I will miss your posts now and then.
Yea, many people troll and flame. Im not going to name, but im pretty sure Griff knows who (and he told meh) .
Its kinda ironic..when me and Griff first knew each other, he hated me cuz of my noob guides. Now months later, hes my best buddy.

Griff, come back to forums sometime whem the community is Better :)

Griffinfan
05-04-2013, 11:04 PM
After being in these forums for nearly 3 years, Wendellism, trust me when I say that the trolling does infact stem from boredom.

Me, MysticalDream, and others have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly of the forums. To all of those who think that MysticalDream & Elyseon are mean, ugly trolls, I will have to disagree. Yes, sometimes it gets out of hand, I will be the first to admit that.

However, also take a look at their contributions in forums history. There is a saying that goes something like this: "Good deeds will often be ignored while each bad deed will stick out like a sore thumb."

Most of those that troll now were previously huge contributors in the forums community and a contributing reason as to why the game is like it is today. Please, do not forget that because of their current behaviors, which does in fact stem out of boredom.

I believe the player WhoisThis said it best. Each generation of players, the quality decreases. Simply, this is what it is. You see it in game; you see it in forums. In game, it is the annoyance that the wide majority of players do not know simple in-game mechanics. On here, it is that a wide majority of forumers maturity levels & contribution levels have decreased.

That is simply the way MMO life goes.

Now, if you can somehow minimize trolling, I will be the first to give you applause. I have already given my $.02 on this matter to JustG.

I agree, Except there is always opportunity for the next generation to be better, kinder, and more helpful.

It is a worthy goal.

Wendellism
05-05-2013, 01:04 AM
I agree, Except there is always opportunity for the next generation to be better, kinder, and more helpful.

It is a worthy goal.

^This deserves top marks!^

Anyways, I would try to guide the new generation of players in the right track, but if they refuse, well... at least I did my part.

There has been many endgame players whose skills are completely bad, I tried to teach them but if they refuse, it's up to them to change themselves.

TheBedtBird
05-05-2013, 01:06 AM
Yea Griffinfan I like the thread, but ya dont have to worry about me though, when it comes to being nice, I'm the 2nd best at that, I'll always welcome new players with big opened arms:)

Wendellism
05-05-2013, 01:10 AM
Yea Griffinfan I like the thread, but ya dont have to worry about me though, when it comes to being nice, I'm the 2nd best at that, I'll always welcome new players with big opened arms:)

Griffin is going and you dare to annoy him with this unthoughtful comment? Please for once show some respect, before I burn you in forums for your trolling.

Jcyee
05-05-2013, 01:27 AM
+1 to that post, Griffin!

I too admit that I've fallen into this boredom that Apollo has brought up and will try to do my best to stay away from that. Others should be encouraged to do the same but obviously not everyone will be able to follow these guidelines.

However, if these are are truly your last posts, I'll miss you here on the forums. I've always enjoyed your posts and threads, so good luck to you in your future endeavors.

TheBedtBird
05-05-2013, 02:06 AM
Griffin is going and you dare to annoy him with this unthoughtful comment? Please for once show some respect, before I burn you in forums for your trolling.

I wanted to let GriffinFan know that I'll always be the nice guy here on forums:) Good thing hes not leaving the game though, I cant speak for the others but; Griffinfan, I'll miss ya man hope you come back one day:)

Until then, as a romodel of the forums I'll be spreading a positive influence, by every post I post, containing only nice constructive words in them:)

Wendellism
05-05-2013, 02:32 AM
I wanted to let GriffinFan know that I'll always be the nice guy here on forums:) Good thing hes not leaving the game though, I cant speak for the others but; Griffinfan, I'll miss ya man hope you come back one day:)

Until then, as a romodel of the forums I'll be spreading a positive influence, by every post I post, containing only nice constructive words in them:)

What kind of influence will you show off? A dubious influence that gives everyone the impression that you are trying to annoy others? Plus repeatably claiming you best bird/fox isn't going to help most topics and I believe you are merely trying to annoy others by your "Ephesius" showdown.

I'm sorry. I will not respect such annoying behavior like yours.

TheBedtBird
05-05-2013, 03:02 AM
What kind of influence will you show off? A dubious influence that gives everyone the impression that you are trying to annoy others? Plus repeatably claiming you best bird/fox isn't going to help most topics and I believe you are merely trying to annoy others by your "Ephesius" showdown.

I'm sorry. I will not respect such annoying behavior like yours.

My intentions arent to annoy, its to help, in my own little special way:) But Im sorry if my posts do annoy you, again thats not my intention:)

Wendellism
05-05-2013, 03:06 AM
My intentions arent to annoy, its to help, in my own little special way:) But Im sorry if my posts do annoy you, again thats not my intention:)

So stop with that Ephesius brawl. And while you're at it quit calling yourself the best/second best.

NECROREAPER
05-05-2013, 03:24 AM
Anyways, I would try to guide the new generation of players in the right track, but if they refuse, well... at least I did my part.

I'm pretty sure you've summed it up best right here, and in addition to Apollo's idea of the quality of players decreasing with every generation, everything seems to make sense. The oldies have tried incessantly to educate and advise the newer generations to emulate those of the past, the true 'founders' of the game and forums, per se. However, as you said, some (and in this case, many) of the newer players have refused to heed our advice. Because of this, the quality of the game and found has declined exponentially.

I heard it explained best in the lyrics of a rap song; the lyrics talked about how new rappers try to emulate older rappers and look to them for guidance and inspiration, but the current rappers have degenerated more and more from what true rapping is, and just imagine what the rappers of tomorrow are gonna be like if things are so bad right now. PL is much in the same, newer players are just following in the footsteps of the older generations but with their own twist on things and things have degenerated so badly that they'll never return to what they've once been before.

Basically, live with it if you can, if you can't then I guess you'll leave if you really can't put up with it.

TheBedtBird
05-05-2013, 03:32 AM
So stop with that Ephesius brawl. And while you're at it quit calling yourself the best/second best.

Dont worry, I wont say it all the time, because my sig says it for me:) Glad we can reach a understanding Wendalism, thanks for the good chat:) Now time to get back on topic, and it is 3:31 in the morning, gotta catch some shut eye:)

The Happiness
05-05-2013, 04:21 AM
Griffin, I understand how you feel. You have summed up succinctly how things are. Boredom is the biggest challenge people are facing at the moment. That doesn't excuse their behaviour but is perhaps a key to understanding the mentality behind some of the posting. I will put my hands up and say that I, too, am guilty of derailing threads and posting nonsense usually with the aim of keeping things light hearted and entertaining. I do try not to be mean to people (The Sadness excepted) or make things personal. There are some people on here who, without mentioning names, go a step too far and are what I would classify as bullies. It is unnecessary and cruel to single people out and constantly put them down. You know who you are guys....and your constant put downs really only reflect the inadequacies in your own lives. Anyone who is happy with themselves realises that they do not need to bully others in order to enrich their own life.

I think though Griffin, that by leaving the forums, you are denying people a good role model. The more people with good morals and constructive advice that quit, leave the forums with more bored and hungry trolls and less helpful and informative "oldies". You sound like your mind is made up but I know I am not alone in saying I'd like to see you stick around. Maybe it is time for us all to "man" up and bring the community spirit back. Stop giving trolls attention and look out for the victims of bullying?

NotYoCookiez
05-05-2013, 06:20 AM
I agree with ya but honestly we all fail in doing our part as a community to report all these troll post/threads. We complain and blame developers so much but their job could be a heck of a lot easier if they see all the trolls post and do something about them.

XghostzX
05-05-2013, 07:16 AM
As stated above, I am part of this group of people that has lead to a form a trolling, and there is truly no excuse to it. I am VERY bored to be honest. STS isn't the same, and the game is just boring again. When they have a new game, they deny all other games and leave us in the trash can. We have to face that fact. The thing is, I'm not willing to let go of this game yet, as it acts for a substitute when I need to relax. However... this, again, lead to trolling and disrespecting other forumers.

Sad to see you go, Griff. I understand where you're coming from.

dudetus
05-05-2013, 07:59 AM
As stated above, I am part of this group of people that has lead to a form a trolling, and there is truly no excuse to it. I am VERY bored to be honest. STS isn't the same, and the game is just boring again. When they have a new game, they deny all other games and leave us in the trash can. We have to face that fact. The thing is, I'm not willing to let go of this game yet, as it acts for a substitute when I need to relax. However... this, again, lead to trolling and disrespecting other forumers.

Sad to see you go, Griff. I understand where you're coming from.

Bad Will, rly bad. Trolling is never the answer.

Sad to see u go Griff, I'm not one of the evil meanies!

Sorcererssoul
05-05-2013, 08:02 AM
To start off, I've seen my fair share of behaviour and trends since I joined these forums.
I myself rarely post but felt like I had to post here, since I regret not standing up for some people who got miserably trolled on these forums.
I've seen people that I truly expected and people who got me fed up.
I too agree with the ''Oldies'' in a way that I felt like certain people on these forums were trying to hard to fit in.
I saw many forummembers indeed trying to talk sense into them without any luck.

Even though those people annoyed me from time to time, it wasn't anything too bad. (I must admit that I myself have caved into trolling a couple of times too though)
What really got to me is how these respected players responded to those who didn't listen to them.
They felt the need to make them feel horrible, and thus I stopped respecting certain members.
I never understood how you could go from giving advice in a nice manner, to horrible trolling.
My philosophy was that if people don't want to change, just leave them be.

Even worse was that all those Trollers, were people who, in my opinion were mature.
I just couldn't grasp, how they could let spamming or rep boosting get to their heads so much.
Is it so bad if someone is rep. boosting? The whole community knows he is anyway.
I feel like the mature part of this community, is starting to get quite immature themselves.

Now let's think about the victims.
I myself have always thought that most of the people that try to fit in are just very lonely.
That said, I am not saying their behaviour is all that acceptable, but you should consider how someone is feeling.
Do you have any idea how much impact your comment can have on them? Who knows how horrible they felt to begin with...

I feel like we always have 2 options, we can simply choose to walk away, or spend time trolling people with no positive outcome.
Anyone who get's annoyed by little things as spamming, isn't it just better for you to take a little break?

That said, I agree with Happiness.
Leaving won't solve anything Griffinfan, speaking your heart up like you just did makes a difference.
I feel that if everyone would try to be just a little more positive, we could laugh instead of rage over small problems.

After all, rep. boosters, innocent trolls or any other kind of behaviour doesn't have any impact on your life, right?
Why put energy into trolling, while it won't have any other effect than a negative one?

PS. I apologize if there was faulty grammar in my post, but not everyone is born with English as their native language! =)

The Happiness
05-05-2013, 08:14 AM
To start off, I've seen my fair share of behaviour and trends since I joined these forums.
I myself rarely post but felt like I had to post here, since I regret not standing up for some people who got miserably trolled on these forums.
I've seen people that I truly expected and people who got me fed up.
I too agree with the ''Oldies'' in a way that I felt like certain people on these forums were trying to hard to fit in.
I saw many forummembers indeed trying to talk sense into them without any luck.

Even though those people annoyed me from time to time, it wasn't anything too bad. (I must admit that I myself have caved into trolling a couple of times too though)
What really got to me is how these respected players responded to those who didn't listen to them.
They felt the need to make them feel horrible, and thus I stopped respecting certain members.
I never understood how you could go from giving advice in a nice manner, to horrible trolling.
My philosophy was that if people don't want to change, just leave them be.

Even worse was that all those Trollers, were people who, in my opinion were mature.
I just couldn't grasp, how they could let spamming or rep boosting get to their heads so much.
Is it so bad if someone is rep. boosting? The whole community knows he is anyway.
I feel like the mature part of this community, is starting to get quite immature themselves.

Now let's think about the victims.
I myself have always thought that most of the people that try to fit in are just very lonely.
That said, I am not saying their behaviour is all that acceptable, but you should consider how someone is feeling.
Do you have any idea how much impact your comment can have on them? Who knows how horrible they felt to begin with...

I feel like we always have 2 options, we can simply choose to walk away, or spend time trolling people with no positive outcome.
Anyone who get's annoyed by little things as spamming, isn't it just better for you to take a little break?

That said, I agree with Happiness.
Leaving won't solve anything Griffinfan, speaking your heart up like you just did makes a difference.
I feel that if everyone would try to be just a little more positive, we could laugh instead of rage over small problems.

After all, rep. boosters, innocent trolls or any other kind of behaviour doesn't have any impact on your life, right?
Why put energy into trolling, while it won't have any other effect than a negative one?

PS. I apologize if there was faulty grammar in my post, but not everyone is born with English as their native language! =)

Well said :)

Waug
05-05-2013, 08:46 AM
As I could not ever play for kd in game, I never srarted foruming to get reputation either actual or fake green bars and/or thanks, I would not rather make the acc. cuz ikr the mentality of the forumers.

Troll / big names gets the most attention, insightfull / good works getting igored, troll gets the most attention.

Forum is for well thoughtfull discussion, if the posts are logical and to the point, it should be appriciated not should be flamed due to ego factor and does not matter who said it. Its looks like Every one says it, but hardly anyone obey.

The forum got devided into few childish communities, and mostly inspired by the in game situation, like he is my friend so i shold be in his side, i hate that guy so i need opportunaties to flame him -these types. Also it does not matter even if the troller is a forum legend or not , the rule should be applicable to all, just anyone - is my good friend/good guy ig/several thousand posts does not gets the right to troll in forums.Theres lack of neutrality, thats what i miss all the time when reading posts.

Troll is not rigid rather it is flexible and debatable term, there always will be funny and enjoyable posts same as even in the "non game serious issue forums",but that should not cross the fine line, we all know it, no need to explain.

tHelonestud
05-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Truth is a myth

CrimsonTider
05-05-2013, 09:44 AM
clique*

Prime example of what Griff is talking about. This sudden rise in grammar correction is one of the MAJOR issues. It started, like Griff said, with some of the more well known forumers (usually as a joke between friends), and others take and run with it. Others, just think they are smarter than everyone else and will correct people at all costs.

And David, to say I am disappointed in the way you approach certain things (like this thread), well... disappointed isn't a strong enough word. I remember a different Chris, David, and others, when I joined the forums; not the turds I see on a daily basis now. If this current streak of brashness is truly you, then add me to the list of being completely fooled. Same with Otu before his exile and others whom I feel will soon follow.

@Griff - I could not have said it better myself. I know there are "veterans" who read the forums and never post and it is probably due to the exact issues you described. Only reason I have not walked away yet is I feel some of us need to stick around to attempt to continue the "true" forum tradition. Sadly, I think it is time I realize I cannot compete with these childish egos. (And yes, some of those belong to adults.) Actually, it's more of a matter I'm not going to deal with them.

Lists being made, posts being earmarked.

Mysticaleagle
05-05-2013, 09:58 AM
*cough*mobilegameforums*cough*

The-Sandman
05-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Well I actually agree with wendilism on this one. This community has been on a downslide for a while. And as proof it is very sad that an old respected forumer is leaving and simply asked for no spamming or trolling and that's all he gets. As i have said before I love sts and what they do but they are loosing dedicated players in and out of game every because of problems like this

DocDoBig
05-05-2013, 10:33 AM
*cough*mobileandchromegameforums*cough*

fixed* :p

Roberto077
05-05-2013, 10:34 AM
I would say something smart here, but I'm supposed to be gone. I had this whole story prepared about when I joined and why I joined, but other stuff is my priority right now. I'll post it when I get the time.

Mysticaleagle
05-05-2013, 10:35 AM
fixed* :p

If you actually want to play that game.

*cough*mobileandchromeandipadandiphoneandandroidan dsafariandetcgameforums*cough*

Roberto077
05-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Screw it, about 3 years ago, I tapped that PL shield icon in the app store and waiting a few minutes on my good ol' IPod 2g. Sure, I quit in about a week, but that point is that I CAME BACK. About 3 months later (around the sewers release), I was hanging out with my pro mmorpg strategy game friend where I stumbled over Pocket Legends yet again. He had been telling all these mmo terms and LoL/SC2 tactics, so we went into the Forest Haven dungeon where we had 2 other new players with us. We kept confusing them with all this "leash the zombie into the brush and bounce him with some AOE bursting." My pro friend quit the game and deleted it from his IPod about 3 minutes later.

Because of that short bit of fun we had, I decided to give the game another shot. Since Forest Haven to the point where it was painfully easy, I decided to go into Dark Forest where I met more challenging foes, but better allies would come with time. After I cleared the first part of Dark Forest with my 1 fairly bad teammate, someone joined that would change the way I thought about Pocket Legends forever. His name was Nate (or at least his IGN was). He was a level 13, like me, and had some knowledge of how to play mmo games.

As we ran through the next three parts of the Dark Forest campaign we talked about how to clear and even real life matters. We became great friends as we ventured to our goal of level 30. Sadly, he couldn't continue with me to the goal due to his career, but our short adventure meant a lot. Nate was my example of the perfect community: being constructive, helping out, and just being a good friend to anyone who joined the parties. I also had received a new goal from the experience. My goal was to make everyone in the community have their own Nate. A good friend. An ideal friend. An ideal community. So far I have reached a satisfying point in my goal, but many people still need that type of community.

As I finish up this little essay thing I would like to ask each and every one of you to think about this post and more importantly Griff's post (I don't want to steal any thunder) and help create the ideal community or change it (positively). Join some low levels in Forest Haven and talk to them, set a good example for their future adventures.

It's the community that brought me into the game, and I'd rather not let it take me out.

tHelonestud
05-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Prime example of what Griff is talking about. This sudden rise in grammar correction is one of the MAJOR issues. It started, like Griff said, with some of the more well known forumers (usually as a joke between friends), and others take and run with it. Others, just think they are smarter than everyone else and will correct people at all costs.
Sorry, I respect you and all but butchering words and screwing up homonyms really irriates me.
If people want to complain about harmless trolling to keep the forums at a lighter tone, I'm not really sure why they need to challenge/tell others how to use the forums. A thread like this appeared awhile back, and it proved useless.
If you want to be a role model just do it. Tell people not to troll, and saying you're quitting because of it, only encourages trolls further.
I have been on other forums where every post is strictly on-topic, non-repetitive, and concise. I mean they serve their purpose but there is almost no community. Spacetime has great developers that let players have fun and even share sometimes, mainly thinking of JustG.
The forums have decreased in quality, but that is almost inevitable. Everything tends to get worse. And you can only do your individual part.

Noi`ya
05-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Gosh what a bundle of pessimists!

Mysticaleagle
05-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Sorry, I respect you and all but butchering words and screwing up homonyms really irriates me.
If people want to complain about harmless trolling to keep the forums at a lighter tone, I'm not really sure why they need to challenge/tell others how to use the forums. A thread like this appeared awhile back, and it proved useless.
If you want to be a role model just do it. Tell people not to troll, and saying you're quitting because of it, only encourages trolls further.
I have been on other forums where every post is strictly on-topic, non-repetitive, and concise. I mean they serve their purpose but there is almost no community. Spacetime has great developers that let players have fun and even share sometimes, mainly thinking of JustG.
The forums have decreased in quality, but that is almost inevitable. Everything tends to get worse. And you can only do your individual part.

This is constructive feedback.

Griffinfan
05-05-2013, 12:21 PM

Agreed. How about this for thought, the way you present your corrections is rude, therefore it comes off as trollish behaviour.

CrimsonTider
05-05-2013, 12:23 PM

The point is not have a fun, informative community; it is to stop the non-sense so that it will return. There are a lot more issues on these forums which need to be corrected besides grammar. If we want to be picky, your paragraph structure is horrid in this post. Who cares? As Sourc pointed out, MANY forumers make simple "English-related" grammatical errors because it is not their native tongue. I have also seen others state things in different ways and remember "Oh, they are English and express the English language differently." Why don't some o you take your perfect speaking on a forum with their native language and use your 2 years of high-school foreign language classes and see how well you hold up.

And you say a thread like this which ends in "I'm leaving," promotes trolling? Does that mean you admit to trolling on purpose? Last I checked, against ToS. The OP has concerns, all valid, and is disrespected for expressing his views. If it bothers you and all you can do to comment is find grammatical errors, close the thread. It's real simple.

Mysticaleagle
05-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Still is a mobile phone game forum.

tHelonestud
05-05-2013, 01:01 PM
The point is not have a fun, informative community; it is to stop the non-sense so that it will return. There are a lot more issues on these forums which need to be corrected besides grammar. If we want to be picky, your paragraph structure is horrid in this post. Who cares? As Sourc pointed out, MANY forumers make simple "English-related" grammatical errors because it is not their native tongue. I have also seen others state things in different ways and remember "Oh, they are English and express the English language differently." Why don't some o you take your perfect speaking on a forum with their native language and use your 2 years of high-school foreign language classes and see how well you hold up.

And you say a thread like this which ends in "I'm leaving," promotes trolling? Does that mean you admit to trolling on purpose? Last I checked, against ToS. The OP has concerns, all valid, and is disrespected for expressing his views. If it bothers you and all you can do to comment is find grammatical errors, close the thread. It's real simple.
I'm fairly certain many of the non-English posters have much better grammar and spelling than those who primarily speak English. I'm pretty sure most people who would attempt to use the word 'clique' speak English as their primary language. Correct me if I am wrong, Grif.

As for your second point, just because I said a certain type of thread encourages trolling, by no stretch, automatically categorizes me as a troll.
Perhaps my corrections come across as rude, and I should re-phrase my corrections into a more civil/friendly sentence.
As for my point, trolls are going to troll. The people who are going to agree with your concerns are not the ones who need your thesis. The ones who do are going to feed off your frustration.
The moral of the story is to become enough of a troll to not get scathed by any comment that touches you.
People these days are way to sensitive.

CrimsonTider
05-05-2013, 01:37 PM
I'm fairly certain many of the non-English posters have much better grammar and spelling than those who primarily speak English. I'm pretty sure most people who would attempt to use the word 'clique' speak English as their primary language. Correct me if I am wrong, Grif.

As for your second point, just because I said a certain type of thread encourages trolling, by no stretch, automatically categorizes me as a troll.
Perhaps my corrections come across as rude, and I should re-phrase my corrections into a more civil/friendly sentence.
As for my point, trolls are going to troll. The people who are going to agree with your concerns are not the ones who need your thesis. The ones who do are going to feed off your frustration.
The moral of the story is to become enough of a troll to not get scathed by any comment that touches you.

First, you don't have to be a "troll" to troll. But, you have to admit, based on the way you worded your statement, you and others were, in fact trolling. All I was pointing out was the obvious. I could counter about your "sensitive" statement and that it is directed at me. The thing is, it doesn't matter if it was or not. I can promise you, those who frustrate me enough get the maroon triangle frequently and I have found it very effective. I don't have to become "enough of a troll" to shake off the stupidity. I am a human being and therefore have the ability of choice and reasoning. Therefore, I choose to reason out my thoughts before responding to useless posts/comments/actions which are made to me and others on a daily basis.

XghostzX
05-05-2013, 02:14 PM

I think you are contradicting yourself with that last comment about others being way too sensitive. First of all, you took Crimsontider's post to heart, based on your given response. It seems as if you're merely trying to protect your reputation because you were pointed out by someone with a relatively high status (or so to speak, a high reputation).

And it's not your fault - that's what a lot of the forumers have come down to. All we care about is our reputation. More friends = more opportunities to get the things we want in game + the support we will get from others. We, humans, enjoy getting the support/ability to obtain anything we desire because we have those friends.

Not to rail out anyone, but I will support my argument by using our lovely friend, MysticalDream (I still wuv you bro), but he was constantly going about in the "People behind the Characters" thread that his argument was a better one because he claimed that he was more "popular" and more people liked him. Perhaps, he was being sarcastic (most likely), but it still shows how players can bring down the spirit of the forums. Nonetheless, I still look up to him as a forumer. But I will say that he isn't the forumer he used to be - and that's not his fault. As Apollo previously stated, as new generations come in, they have simply gotten worse. Griff then stated as a new generation of players, we need to reach that goal of having that community that we want. This was a wise statement.

This whole reputation system is ruining the forums to be honest. As a community, WE REALLY DON'T HAVE MUCH TO DISCUSS. What more do we need to talk about considering STS never implements something new? We are, in a sense, creating unnecessary threads, with forumers posting unnecessary comments in those unnecessary threads - this annoys everyone. We can only blame ourselves, because I guarantee we have all contributed to trolling and railing on these fourms/STS.

I am disappointed in myself and the rest of the community (give or a take a few people), because we have not made the proper effort to reunite the forums that we once were. There is no easy solution, but I believe that it starts with each individual doing their own duties as a respectful and mature forumer to make these forums a better place - and doing so without one thought about reputation.

KingFu
05-05-2013, 02:48 PM
And David, to say I am disappointed in the way you approach certain things (like this thread), well... disappointed isn't a strong enough word. I remember a different Chris, David, and others, when I joined the forums; not the turds I see on a daily basis now. If this current streak of brashness is truly you, then add me to the list of being completely fooled. Same with Otu before his exile and others whom I feel will soon follow.

I've spoken to you quite a few times in game, Crim. I don't see how what I post on a gaming forum as a means of entertainment represents the "true me". I respect you, and every time I've spoken with you I've asked how you were and been polite, like I do with everyone. I think this post I made sums up how I feel about people taking troll remarks on a personal level:

Don't take anything I say personally. Or what anyone says for that matter. All insults are hollow insults unless they're coming from someone that knows you on a personal level. Otherwise consider it a way of joking around. Tone can be hard to tell through text, but I personally don't post any jokes with cruel intentions. If you get upset over the slightest joke or sarcastic remark, the Internet isn't the place for you.

So the posts I make on an online gaming forum hardly represent how I am as a person. If people want to think that, I don't really care, but I can tell you for sure people like Chris and Lonestud aren't just trolls all around.

Quite frankly, forums have been a wasteland of posts long before I began "trolling". Even while I was making an effort in improving the quality of the community, it was still downgrading and downgrading with it's members, and becoming a waste of time. Now, people feel the need to point fingers and blame those who aren't posting like Phys and Royce once did because of this. Thing is, posts I, or anyone else makes won't influence the quality of the community much at all. People will do as they wish and are in complete power of their own choices. I've found that the current generation of players are far too egotistical, making them ignorant and close minded to take information from players who have been around since the release of the game. It's easy to blame the quality of forums on trolling, but lets look at the real reason.

Nothing is to be discovered in PL. Nothing new has really been added to discuss, everything to do with builds, and classes has been posted about. Which means the only threads to be made are A) useless, not necessary ones (either rants like this one, or posts asking questions asked a million times before), B) Trader's Market, or C) entirely off topic threads (IE People behind the characters). With this content being the only kind posted on forums, what's the point of spending so much effort posting well thought out constructive feedback? No one will acknowledge a well thought out, detailed post. Most will think "Meh, I see more than 2 lines" and move on. With no one to really appreciate those posts, what's the point? I realize the only people reading this lengthy post are people like Crim and Ghost, which exactly proves my point. Most new members won't read it, so what's the point in me explaining a ton of stuff to try and "inform" the new gens, when only experienced players that already know what the post is explaining will read it?

Not to rail out anyone, but I will support my argument by using our lovely friend, MysticalDream (I still wuv you bro), but he was constantly going about in the "People behind the Characters" thread that his argument was a better one because he claimed that he was more "popular" and more people liked him. Perhaps, he was being sarcastic (most likely), but it still shows how players can bring down the spirit of the forums.

Actually, it was the opposite. Griffin was stating that just because I'm popular and more well known, that doesn't translate to my opinion holding more ground. I jokingly contradicted him stating that people like me because I'm right, not the other way around. So I never claimed my opinion held more ground because I was popular, I stated the exact opposite. I'm fine being used as an example, but I don't want the scenarios getting skewed.

XghostzX
05-05-2013, 02:51 PM
^My apologies, David. I'll read a little more into detail before I make another claim.

KingFu
05-05-2013, 02:53 PM
^My apologies, David. I'll read a little more into detail before I make another claim.

All's good bro. I know with you it was an honest mistake, I just didn't want the instance to go misunderstood.

Noi`ya
05-05-2013, 02:55 PM
New builds are still coming up! Max slashes on a 50 bear is the bomb!

tHelonestud
05-05-2013, 03:11 PM
I think you are contradicting yourself with that last comment about others being way too sensitive. First of all, you took Crimsontider's post to heart, based on your given response. It seems as if you're merely trying to protect your reputation because you were pointed out by someone with a relatively high status (or so to speak, a high reputation).
I am not positive what you mean by "took it to heart." Referring to me being a troll? I really don't feel most posts are trolling but apparently, they have been taken that way. I suppose I could say people are using poor grammar purposefully to troll me and lure me into raging on a thread. That isn't the case, and I am pretty sure not many people here could truly offend me.
As for my reputation, it is what it is, inevitably will grow the more I post just like every players. I did say I respect him, and I still do, many of Crim's previous posts, I have definitely agreed with very strongly. I do not believe, however, that this thread was necessary. I mean, sure, go ahead and say goodbye if you are leaving, but you don't need to tell people how to post when you aren't even going to be around to appreciate it.

As for myst, he may not be the same as when he started, but who is? We age and change, as well as the community. I think his posts keep the forum very light, bringing humor from every side. Sometimes all of us go a bit overboard, but like you said, what else is there to talk about. The early game was getting updated at least once a week, you're going to have a lot more to answer constructively, than today when we're just waiting around for attention.

@crim sorry, I forgot to double quote, but anyways, the sensitive statement was not directed at you; I have never seen you rage. I think one reason is because most people would not troll you simply out of respect, or you just have enough control to walk away after getting angry and reporting the post. For me, I really don't like to use the report much when people point statements at me because even if they get a nice little banned title, they still said what they said. I prefer to take it, laugh at it, and then I end up not worrying about it.
When I said people were too sensitive, I meant just people these days take stuff so personally and rage about it, when a lot of times, the comments are directed at a whole group, your post and not you as an individual, or they were just making a huge inaccurate stereotype. This generally leads to a lot of drama which could be avoid if people would just laugh it off. Obviously, something should be taken seriously, but this is about a mobile cartoonish game; absolutely no reason to get mad over it.

KingFu
05-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Also, relating to the "no new information to post or discuss on forums" topic, I remember when forums were just a month or two old, people had to get their information themselves. People like Royce would get together with other players to test buffs, debuffs, weapons, etc. They would work together to understand the game mechanics if they wanted to learn anything. Now, just type a few words in the search bar and you have a 5 paragraph essay explaining it. Which leads to people not needing to put in as much effort, or get together with fellow players to figure them out. I'd say that's also part of the reason why the both the quality, and chemistry of players on forums has declined.

Suentous PO
05-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Man, Taoism & Buhddism were great things of me to study young.
I think I understand all sides here & don't feel the need to agree or disagree with anyone's perception. In fact I respect everyone who is strongly opinionated here for different reasons.

I see people improve and sometimes degenerate myself included. Sometimes pessimism guards you, sometimes it limits you. Same as optimism sometimes failing you, or sometimes its the solution.
Learn from wisdom, learn from fools, just grow with humility.

I can't remember who's sig (Morfic?) said, "We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games."
Try to have fun.

CrimsonTider
05-05-2013, 04:42 PM
I've spoken to you quite a few times in game, Crim. I don't see how what I post on a gaming forum as a means of entertainment represents the "true me". I respect you, and every time I've spoken with you I've asked how you were and been polite, like I do with everyone. I think this post I made sums up how I feel about people taking troll remarks on a personal level:

So the posts I make on an online gaming forum hardly represent how I am as a person. If people want to think that, I don't really care, but I can tell you for sure people like Chris and Lonestud aren't just trolls all around.

Quite frankly, forums have been a wasteland of posts long before I began "trolling". Even while I was making an effort in improving the quality of the community, it was still downgrading and downgrading with it's members, and becoming a waste of time. Now, people feel the need to point fingers and blame those who aren't posting like Phys and Royce once did because of this. Thing is, posts I, or anyone else makes won't influence the quality of the community much at all. People will do as they wish and are in complete power of their own choices. I've found that the current generation of players are far too egotistical, making them ignorant and close minded to take information from players who have been around since the release of the game. It's easy to blame the quality of forums on trolling, but lets look at the real reason.

Nothing is to be discovered in PL. Nothing new has really been added to discuss, everything to do with builds, and classes has been posted about. Which means the only threads to be made are A) useless, not necessary ones (either rants like this one, or posts asking questions asked a million times before), B) Trader's Market, or C) entirely off topic threads (IE People behind the characters). With this content being the only kind posted on forums, what's the point of spending so much effort posting well thought out constructive feedback? No one will acknowledge a well thought out, detailed post. Most will think "Meh, I see more than 2 lines" and move on. With no one to really appreciate those posts, what's the point? I realize the only people reading this lengthy post are people like Crim and Ghost, which exactly proves my point. Most new members won't read it, so what's the point in me explaining a ton of stuff to try and "inform" the new gens, when only experienced players that already know what the post is explaining will read it?

Actually, it was the opposite. Griffin was stating that just because I'm popular and more well known, that doesn't translate to my opinion holding more ground. I jokingly contradicted him stating that people like me because I'm right, not the other way around. So I never claimed my opinion held more ground because I was popular, I stated the exact opposite. I'm fine being used as an example, but I don't want the scenarios getting skewed.

A couple of things:

1. You are very cordial in game. Which is why I get confused at times here on the forums. You are bright enough to know what I mean, David. I understand sarcasm, and "empty" statements, but I personally feel you, and plenty others, take it too far. I am not hating, just stating what I see: Sometime's things are a little overboard.

2. I agree forums are not like they use to be. I stated in another thread a week or so ago about the lack of content/evolution leaving the community with less to do. It IS a direct relation to the trolling. However, some of us have tried to make guides and useful threads and most of them die after 2-3 posts because someone has to show their butt. I am in the process now of making another thread for bears, but there are too many posts lately where, like you said, no one will truly read after 2-3 sentences and nonsense begins. Not sure if it is worth my time.

I am not hating on you or Lone. Just trying to get the community as a whole to see there is a time and a place, and IMO, this thread was neither.

@Lone - I understood you from statement one. I appreciate your support and also appreciate the fact you don't start acting like a turd when I disagree with you. EXACTLY how these forums should be, but trolling/rage is much easier. You are correct: I don't get mad. I can tell within a few posts if someone truly wants to listen/discuss or if they have their mind made up and gonna drag a thread/discussion down. As I said above, there is a time and place and some of the posts on this thread were not needed. We do see people state problems and they are leaving, but I can also tell you there are several people who posted here who "quit" not too long ago. You can't stand grammar issues; I cannot stand hypocrites. There are also a lot of threads made which are redundant/ignorant/ridiculous/repetitive. I can't tell you hiw many times I have closed the thread and used restraint versus putting on my parent/teacher hat and giving a speech.

Use wisdom.

KingFu
05-05-2013, 05:12 PM
A couple of things:

1. You are very cordial in game. Which is why I get confused at times here on the forums. You are bright enough to know what I mean, David. I understand sarcasm, and "empty" statements, but I personally feel you, and plenty others, take it too far. I am not hating, just stating what I see: Sometime's things are a little overboard.

2. I agree forums are not like they use to be. I stated in another thread a week or so ago about the lack of content/evolution leaving the community with less to do. It IS a direct relation to the trolling. However, some of us have tried to make guides and useful threads and most of them die after 2-3 posts because someone has to show their butt. I am in the process now of making another thread for bears, but there are too many posts lately where, like you said, no one will truly read after 2-3 sentences and nonsense begins. Not sure if it is worth my time.

I am not hating on you or Lone. Just trying to get the community as a whole to see there is a time and a place, and IMO, this thread was neither.

1) I acknowledge it too, but doesn't everyone act differently between the game and forums, to a degree? I realize my change in character is probably a bit more than most, but I link that back to having nothing to do on forums. Before forums hit the point of no return, I was much more alike in game and on forums.

2) Believe me when I say if people like Yanis, Royce, and Phys begin to return, I'll be one of the first to try improving the quality of forums. Like you said, there's been times I think of making a quality thread, but I don't want to put in the effort to make it if no one is going to appreciate it. It's basically become a paradox. The community has lowered in quality due to the lack of constructive posts, and less constructive posts are made due to the low quality of the community.

CrimsonTider
05-05-2013, 05:28 PM
1) I acknowledge it too, but doesn't everyone act differently between the game and forums, to a degree? I realize my change in character is probably a bit more than most, but I link that back to having nothing to do on forums. Before forums hit the point of no return, I was much more alike in game and on forums.

2) Believe me when I say if people like Yanis, Royce, and Phys begin to return, I'll be one of the first to try improving the quality of forums. Like you said, there's been times I think of making a quality thread, but I don't want to put in the effort to make it if no one is going to appreciate it. It's basically become a paradox. The community has lowered in quality due to the lack of constructive posts, and less constructive posts are made due to the low quality of the community.

Then allow me to pose this question:

Why wait for "oldies" to come back to make a change? There is enough of us here TRYING to keel the forums from falling apart so why not be the "new" Royce/Phys/Yanis/etc? (I understand they cannot be replaced, but you know what I am saying.) In the beginning, those guys took a chance. They spent hours upon hours making guides, testing, and building this game up when the community could have rejected them. They took that chance despite knowing the outcome. What if they took your philosophy of the unknown? NO WAY STS would be here like it is now and anyone can quote me on that. Between you, Will, Parth, Micah, Jay, Grif, and many others, this community CAN thrive like it once did. And I think that was the ultimate purpose of Grif's OP. Like it or not, some of us have "followers" or those who look up to us. I think it is silly, but it's fact.

Again, lack of new game content limits what we can do. However, bringing light into the dark is truly not that hard. If it were, I would have stayed away when I left last year. You, like many others, have put way to much time and effort into this game, and community, to just conform to the level of the trolls.

Just food for thought.

Promagin
05-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Food fight.

KingFu
05-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Then allow me to pose this question:

Why wait for "oldies" to come back to make a change? There is enough of us here TRYING to keel the forums from falling apart so why not be the "new" Royce/Phys/Yanis/etc? (I understand they cannot be replaced, but you know what I am saying.) In the beginning, those guys took a chance. They spent hours upon hours making guides, testing, and building this game up when the community could have rejected them. They took that chance despite knowing the outcome. What if they took your philosophy of the unknown? NO WAY STS would be here like it is now and anyone can quote me on that. Between you, Will, Parth, Micah, Jay, Grif, and many others, this community CAN thrive like it once did. And I think that was the ultimate purpose of Grif's OP. Like it or not, some of us have "followers" or those who look up to us. I think it is silly, but it's fact.

Again, lack of new game content limits what we can do. However, bringing light into the dark is truly not that hard. If it were, I would have stayed away when I left last year. You, like many others, have put way to much time and effort into this game, and community, to just conform to the level of the trolls.

Just food for thought.

That's where you and I see differently. You see it as we have enough people willing to put in the effort, I do not. However, it isn't just what the current forumers do, it's also how the new members react, and the current pattern of their reactions hasn't shown much hope for the forum. Like you said, lack of content restricts what we can do. Things is, people like Phys and Yanis had the ability to find content that hasn't been discovered before, I personally do not think that's something many others are capable of (no offense to anyone, like you said, those people were irreplaceable). That's just my view, I respect that you have a different opinion on this, but I've just seen a lot of the people (someyou listed) put in the effort, with no positive results in return.

CrimsonTider
05-05-2013, 06:08 PM
That's where you and I see differently. You see it as we have enough people willing to put in the effort, I do not. However, it isn't just what the current forumers do, it's also how the new members react, and the current pattern of their reactions hasn't shown much hope for the forum. Like you said, lack of content restricts what we can do. Things is, people like Phys and Yanis had the ability to find content that hasn't been discovered before, I personally do not think that's something many others are capable of (no offense to anyone, like you said, those people were irreplaceable). That's just my view, I respect that you have a different opinion on this, but I've just seen a lot of the people (someyou listed) put in the effort, with no positive results in return.

Well, I guess we can at least agree we have patience in different places: You: merching. Me: Forums.

With that said: Gimme gold cause I'm impatient trying to sell sets for my robes!! ;)

KingFu
05-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Will thanks when I has^

tHelonestud
05-05-2013, 06:13 PM
@Lone - I understood you from statement one. I appreciate your support and also appreciate the fact you don't start acting like a turd when I disagree with you. EXACTLY how these forums should be, but trolling/rage is much easier. You are correct: I don't get mad. I can tell within a few posts if someone truly wants to listen/discuss or if they have their mind made up and gonna drag a thread/discussion down. As I said above, there is a time and place and some of the posts on this thread were not needed. We do see people state problems and they are leaving, but I can also tell you there are several people who posted here who "quit" not too long ago. You can't stand grammar issues; I cannot stand hypocrites. There are also a lot of threads made which are redundant/ignorant/ridiculous/repetitive. I can't tell you hiw many times I have closed the thread and used restraint versus putting on my parent/teacher hat and giving a speech.

Use wisdom.

I agree, a farewell thread is not the greatest place for all of this to happen, but since it was the newest PL General Discussion thread and I was very bored, I got involved. As you said I could have walked away, and maybe I should have.
But the non-"bye-I'm-leaving-forums" part of the thread, has happened before. I actually think it's slightly more civil than here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?52129-Learn-to-stop-the-cycle-of-hate!).

Sryyoulose
05-05-2013, 06:14 PM
I think many people in this thread have several good points, here is my opinion:
1)Instead of making fun of people's grammar, look at what there trying to say, if you're such a grammar guru clearly a casual forum is not the right place for you (Sorry)
2) When somebody posts something you may think wether it's going to be a quality or a crappy post before you read it. I ask that you read into it with an open mind and not judge the person based on prior threads.
3) People change I noticed on the forum, irl and in the game I've become more cynical and crude. I'm trying to improve myself as person... Won't go into detail on my spiritual/mental life right now.
4) Remember its a game, clearly we all love this game being around for as long as we have but we have to remember its just pixels... It's the people controlling the pixels that matter.
5) Have fun loosen up, I need to work extra hard at this one ecspecially in pvp where becoming angry at your opponent for annoying comments is quite easy.

Thank you for reading my thoughts... I was trying to speak about what is on my mind.

Griffinfan
05-05-2013, 07:06 PM
I agree, a farewell thread is not the greatest place for all of this to happen, but since it was the newest PL General Discussion thread and I was very bored, I got involved. As you said I could have walked away, and maybe I should have.
But the non-"bye-I'm-leaving-forums" part of the thread, has happened before. I actually think it's slightly more civil than here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?52129-Learn-to-stop-the-cycle-of-hate!).

this is not only a fair well, but a plea, for change for the future of the forums.

One can only push so hard to have trolling decrease to a point of giving up, and I wanted to express it to the community in a constructive fashion yet at the same time leave it open to constructive feedback.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and posts, It took alot to post this and risked whatever reputation I have, but I felt like I needed to.

-Griff

Sryyoulose
05-05-2013, 07:43 PM
this is not only a fair well, but a plea, for change for the future of the forums.

One can only push so hard to have trolling decrease to a point of giving up, and I wanted to express it to the community in a constructive fashion yet at the same time leave it open to constructive feedback.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and posts, It took alot to post this and risked whatever reputation I have, but I felt like I needed to.

-Griff

Just saying in my boom your reputation skyrocketed!

Caiahar
05-05-2013, 08:33 PM

-Griff

I don't care what reputation u have and what are you thought of in the community, I will always be loyal to you, and you will always be seen to me as my best bud

Zeus
05-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Reading that post made me miss Morfic so much. His short story was epic & funny although it might have been seen in bad taste by others.

So, lonestud, thank you for that. :)

@Griffin, I still respect your opinions & understand what you are trying to say.

tHelonestud
05-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Reading that post made me miss Morfic so much. His short story was epic & funny although it might have been seen in bad taste by others.

So, lonestud, thank you for that. :)

@Griffin, I still respect your opinions & understand what you are trying to say.
I definitely liked it
But I guess Sam was the quality judge for it

Waug
05-06-2013, 12:39 AM
Things is, people like Phys and Yanis had the ability to find content that hasn't been discovered before, I personally do not think that's something many others are capable of (no offense to anyone, like you said, those people were irreplaceable). That's just my view, I respect that you have a different opinion on this, but I've just seen a lot of the people (someyou listed) put in the effort, with no positive results in return.

exactly this mentality, sorry to say, even anyone of em return in disguise and try to experiment on few non-discovered things - "they'll get trolled/ or will be ignored" - I claim.

Cause peoples has loosen that mentality after posting several thousand threads and declarted themselves as "legend/godly/best" and developed huge "ego". That was only possible when everyone was new including the game itself.

I remember something -

anyone can be a great artist. That does not mean everyone has the capability but a great artist can come from anywhere.

morfic
05-06-2013, 06:41 PM

I miss you every minute of every day, my friend. <3

I definitely liked it
But I guess Sam was the quality judge for it

Yeah.. I got smacked down pretty good for that one. (But deep down I believe Sam loved it. He just had to set an example with me... else I might have went on a troll-spree in the form of short stories)

Welcome to the internet.

Mysticaleagle just won this thread. Go ahead and close it, time to move on. This is my take on things:

The moderators on this forum are here for a reason. They will remove anything not appropriate, or take action against those who break ToS. If you feel someone is breaking ToS, it is your job to report them to make the moderators aware. Aside from that, this IS the internet. The internet is a cruel, sarcastic, and cynical place. The anonymity of the internet allows people to take on the role of any persona they wish, and say mostly whatever they would like to say, without fear of retaliation.

This will.. ALWAYS.. be the case. No matter how many threads are made, no matter how many people complain and whine, the internet will win this battle. Even if one of the biggest perps get banned or leave the game/forums, a new one will join. Sarcasm and "trolling" is a product of anonymity and it is here to stay, in one form or another. The best course of action to battle this, is to practice what you preach. Exude this type of attitude at all times. Slowly, you will gain followers/friends with the same outlook, and possibly one day your clique will grow large enough and spread far enough, so that the "trollers" are a slim minority that are outcast from every form of the game and forums and they may want to change their ways. (This is never going to happen mind you).

Arguing and debating is ingrained into each of us. Every single person in the world loves a good debate in a subject they are knowledgeable about. Some people just love to debate. Some people just love to argue. Some people just like to stir the pot. But either way, much of what people call trolling, is people doing one of the aforementioned things. Debating, arguing, or stirring the pot. To cause controversy is numero uno to these people. The ONLY way to fight this war, is to ignore them. The only satisfaction gained from trolling, is the reaction. If there is no reaction, there is no satisfaction.

So to conclude. To end trolling/being rude - Stop reacting to it. Do not reply, do not mention it in any way.

So to conclude again, and to repeat the words of a very wise person, "Welcome to the internet."

CrimsonTider
05-06-2013, 07:07 PM
I miss you every minute of every day, my friend. <3

Yeah.. I got smacked down pretty good for that one. (But deep down I believe Sam loved it. He just had to set an example with me... else I might have went on a troll-spree in the form of short stories)

Mysticaleagle just won this thread. Go ahead and close it, time to move on. This is my take on things:

The moderators on this forum are here for a reason. They will remove anything not appropriate, or take action against those who break ToS. If you feel someone is breaking ToS, it is your job to report them to make the moderators aware. Aside from that, this IS the internet. The internet is a cruel, sarcastic, and cynical place. The anonymity of the internet allows people to take on the role of any persona they wish, and say mostly whatever they would like to say, without fear of retaliation.

This will.. ALWAYS.. be the case. No matter how many threads are made, no matter how many people complain and whine, the internet will win this battle. Even if one of the biggest perps get banned or leave the game/forums, a new one will join. Sarcasm and "trolling" is a product of anonymity and it is here to stay, in one form or another. The best course of action to battle this, is to practice what you preach. Exude this type of attitude at all times. Slowly, you will gain followers/friends with the same outlook, and possibly one day your clique will grow large enough and spread far enough, so that the "trollers" are a slim minority that are outcast from every form of the game and forums and they may want to change their ways. (This is never going to happen mind you).

Arguing and debating is ingrained into each of us. Every single person in the world loves a good debate in a subject they are knowledgeable about. Some people just love to debate. Some people just love to argue. Some people just like to stir the pot. But either way, much of what people call trolling, is people doing one of the aforementioned things. Debating, arguing, or stirring the pot. To cause controversy is numero uno to these people. The ONLY way to fight this war, is to ignore them. The only satisfaction gained from trolling, is the reaction. If there is no reaction, there is no satisfaction.

So to conclude. To end trolling/being rude - Stop reacting to it. Do not reply, do not mention it in any way.

So to conclude again, and to repeat the words of a very wise person, "Welcome to the internet."

You are too smart for your own good. You need to be nerfed. ;)

XghostzX
05-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Wise words, Morf^

Xbuddyjosh
05-10-2013, 05:54 PM

I feel like this is exactly what griff is leaving for :'(

Ubernewber
05-12-2013, 06:31 AM

Cheers,

~Apollo

Gf tho :/ sad to see u go griffin

Caiahar
05-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Me and boot wait all the time for Griff to come on, so we can farm together, but now, I haven't seen him on much :(...

cookiez
05-14-2013, 07:56 AM

Sadly, this is true.

Nice thread bro!

Cascade
05-15-2013, 03:31 PM
We have too many Laquints.

Sheugokin
05-26-2013, 04:11 PM
If people are bored with the STS games or the forums why play anymore. Why take joy in people's grief; it just makes you a sadist; do you want someone to call you that? This is like bullying all over again. I haven't been on forums lately due to extensive endgame training but everyone else who posts daily are mostly bystanders in these unnecessary disputes. Just "burning" someone on forums doesn't give you a brownie point or give you a greater reputation. In fact, it just lowers other's respect towards you. The Developers have enough stuff on their plates;how about we act a little more mature in the way we post things on the forums.
There shouldn't be any locked threads due to the violation(s) of the rules in the first place. And forumers (not pointing out specific people for that would be an act of trolling too) who count the number of locked threads and compete with others should be greatly ashamed and embarrassed because the greater the number of locked threads, the lower your reputation stands.
We all are 99% the same and of the same species so how about we try to come to a consensus about trolling: think before you troll.
Thank you for your time to read this post, and although I don't know you GriffinFan, I hope you the best of luck in this achievable goal and in your future affairs.

Zeus
05-26-2013, 07:27 PM
I like after that soliloquy, your signature just trolled me. -.- ^^

Alhuntrazeck
05-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Haha.

But on-topic. The forums will always be a hangout for trollers and people who are just bored with nothing else to do. Take me for eg. Most of the time on weekends, you'll find my name on the latest posts of the AL Forums. The only way imo to stop trolls? Become one. <-- Joke, hope you have a sense of humor :p
As I was saying, the only way to stop trolls is to deal with it, you can't stop trolls. On every forum in the Internet there will be trolls.
My $.02 on the matter which can be taken with a pinch of salt.

Y O L O
05-31-2013, 08:39 PM
This thread is so entertaining and long...i only agree with morfic EVEN THO he used hi vocabulary and i had to stop every few sentences to search what a word meant lol

Seminole
06-01-2013, 06:53 AM
What in the world are you guys talking about? Trolling as always been around since the beggining of time. I think you people seem to notice it more because their is a lack of things to talk about in the forums. Their is a lack of updates and content to converse about. Their is a lack of pvp topics because the subject now consist of " op forgotten bows, op end game". Therefore people trolling seems to stick out more. Since their is a lack of content, we tend to feed into the trolling. In the past, these trolling threads would be buried by other hot topics.

At the end of the day, is trolling reallly to blame? What else would you rather talk about in the PL forum? Butterflies, horseshoes, rainbows, ballons? There is not much else. Therefore unless we as a community can come up with more constructive post to bury these trolls(which is impossible due to lack of content) this is all we have left.

Just call us the forgotten children of STS. All we can do is sit back and wait for sts to make a announcement of some sort regarding this game.

United we stand, apart we fall. Remember that:)

Fyu
06-02-2013, 07:34 AM
Cough cough.

This thread is making me feel depressed.

Throughout that guy is sounding like an old man repeating the phrase "Thou shall not be mean".

Really? Just get on with it.. The forums would be most boring if there wern't people trolling and pissing bout'. In fact making people fustrated over some words is well.. Most enjoyable. Learn to ignore trolls, there are numerous guides and people to contact if the internets making you sad.

Spyce
06-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Griff is elite!

Multibird
06-06-2013, 10:42 AM
After reading what everyone had to say, I conclude. What was this thread about? A simple say by Griffan for leaving forums and the reasons behind it. As said by Griffan and Delpahina herself,

Everyone hates the trolling, the drama, the forum fights, etc. While everyone is arguing who is right or what not, defending and stating others, Look what you guys did! You all turned a warm farewell thread into the worst thread I've seen in years.

I'll advise you all again, Please don't wreck others thread over a few negatory remarks.

Zeus
06-06-2013, 01:00 PM
After reading what everyone had to say, I conclude. What was this thread about? A simple say by Griffan for leaving forums and the reasons behind it. As said by Griffan and Delpahina herself,

Everyone hates the trolling, the drama, the forum fights, etc. While everyone is arguing who is right or what not, defending and stating others, Look what you guys did! You all turned a warm farewell thread into the worst thread I've seen in years.

I'll advise you all again, Please don't wreck others thread over a few negatory remarks.

The flame has died down, please don't add more fuel to it.

Also, your forum date is June 2012. "Worst thread I've seen in years?" *scratches head*

Multibird
06-07-2013, 12:42 PM
The flame has died down, please don't add more fuel to it.

Also, your forum date is June 2012. "Worst thread I've seen in years?" *scratches head*
Lets see, I started to use forums late 2011 falls. I only used forums to read what everyone had to say, then decided to join forums. Problem? Did I do something wrong?