PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Legends, The Real Deal.

Cremated
05-05-2013, 05:47 AM
I see alot of threads and posts on forum stating things like, "The sorcerer class needs updates" or "Make more classes and genders" or "This is a plat based game", but everyone has to know the situation. So in this thread i will be telling people that are harassing, annoying and rushing the devs work. The Real Deal.

Ok basically this forum has been clogged up with LOADS exclaiming that the sorcerer class has had to many nerfs and should be more powerful other than being the support class. Basically when you first created a sorcerer did you expect it to be the most powerful, dangerous and tough class in the game, No, i think not. Since there is a rogue. I would expect an assassin to deal way more damage than a wizard. If people are still thinking 'They are terrible' you should know by know that devs are at this minute looking into the three different classes, buffing n nerfing just to rebalance the classes so i expect sorcerers will have more buffs for instance the shield change update previously.

Second of all, i do agree this is a plat based game and all but you have to step in somone elses shoe. For example devs wouldnt just be making a game for free and just living a normal life, becausd i can assure you they all have families to look after and put dinner on their family plates. So i suggest give them a chance.

Third of all i see alot of complaints about the drop system, people not getting drops they hope for and spending to much tine getting ordinary items but it is totally not devs fault since if they change the drop chances of each item, the economy will go haywire also if someone wants better drops other people will join in asking for better drops. Face reality.

Finally you must of not lived if you havent seen people asking why devs cNt make more classes but just think if they made new casses, they would have to make more weapons, more customizable features and more everything . Sane applys for genders.

I know i have made gramatical errors but hey ho.

Yours faithfully, crem.

Alhuntrazeck
05-05-2013, 06:22 AM
Well. I know some players who r guys haven't chosen rogues cuz they're female (like yours truly). The mage and the mage's description looked cool. 'master of the elements'. No contest.
According to me. Mages are the strongest class until they pass the low lvls (have highest dmg). Second are warriors and then last of all rogues. But at endgame, Rogues are strongest, warriors second and mages third. A little buff to mages would be great...they aren't much of a support class. AT LEAST nerf the heal aggro.

ShadowGunX
05-05-2013, 08:19 AM

Beanerboi
05-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Well. I know some players who r guys haven't chosen rogues cuz they're female
Lol id rather play look at a girl than looking at a dude for hours idk why people are so insecure

xcainnblecterx
05-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Seriously crem? There is not hundreds of sorcerer threads. I agree that when I chose sorc I wasn't expecting the most powerful or strongest but I was expecting a middle of the classes like pl. Bear(warrio here) is tank, bird(rouge here) very high dmg but low armor, and mage(sorc here) is a middle balance of DMG and tank with the ms. This is not the case, rouges have op DMG with very high armor, and warrios are now 2-3x that, while sorc is becoming the very lowest of DMG and armor. You say wait and see in another thread for the sorc cap but one weapon is not going to fix the other problems we have. I'm seeing sorcs that barley even use heal cause they will get agro, they definitely can't PvP with what's happening etc. When is the last time you saw a whole pug party full of sorcs? When I join pugs I've had cases of 3 other warrios there or a mix of warrios and rouges about 90% of my runs

Jcyee
05-05-2013, 01:05 PM
I thought all the "sorcerers are underpowered" threads were over. I guess not...

Temarichan
05-05-2013, 01:56 PM
We know that okay? Lol.

Cremated
05-05-2013, 02:01 PM
We know that okay? Lol.

Know what Tem? And stop wasting space on my threads >.<

Kraze
05-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Ok so the rouge the highest damage dodge and crit to go with fairly impressive armor. Sorc gets meh damage no dodge armor that may as well be a paper bag and a heal skill that gets you killed. Yeah no need for an adjustment here

Cremated
05-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Seriously crem? There is not hundreds of sorcerer threads. I agree that when I chose sorc I wasn't expecting the most powerful or strongest but I was expecting a middle of the classes like pl. Bear(warrio here) is tank, bird(rouge here) very high dmg but low armor, and mage(sorc here) is a middle balance of DMG and tank with the ms. This is not the case, rouges have op DMG with very high armor, and warrios are now 2-3x that, while sorc is becoming the very lowest of DMG and armor. You say wait and see in another thread for the sorc cap but one weapon is not going to fix the other problems we have. I'm seeing sorcs that barley even use heal cause they will get agro, they definitely can't PvP with what's happening etc. When is the last time you saw a whole pug party full of sorcs? When I join pugs I've had cases of 3 other warrios there or a mix of warrios and rouges about 90% of my runs

When did i say there was hundreds xD?

Cremated
05-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Ok so the rouge the highest damage dodge and crit to go with fairly impressive armor. Sorc gets meh damage no dodge armor that may as well be a paper bag and a heal skill that gets you killed. Yeah no need for an adjustment here

They improved shield..

iacito
05-05-2013, 02:13 PM
They improved shield..
Not all mages use shield.........

xcainnblecterx
05-05-2013, 02:14 PM
When did i say there was hundreds xD?

Before you decided to edit it to loads.

falmear
05-05-2013, 02:19 PM
They improved shield..

There is no way to know how much or how little they improved shield because there is no specification as to how much damage it absorbs. Before it was 500, now its just a question mark. So it could be less for all I know. There is no way to tell how INT + STR affect it because you can't see how your stats increase/decrease the damage absorption. Also unlike armor, it only lasts for 15 seconds, with a 30 second cool down. So there is 15 seconds you are vulnerable. They need better armor for mages, I don't see how a rogue with a bow is any different then a mage. Yet rogues have armor as good as warriors. When I played a mage I didn't expect anything, but what I do expect is better armor then a girl wearing lingerie.

Swede
05-06-2013, 02:29 PM
There is no way to know how much or how little they improved shield because there is no specification as to how much damage it absorbs. Before it was 500, now its just a question mark. So it could be less for all I know. There is no way to tell how INT + STR affect it because you can't see how your stats increase/decrease the damage absorption. Also unlike armor, it only lasts for 15 seconds, with a 30 second cool down. So there is 15 seconds you are vulnerable. They need better armor for mages, I don't see how a rogue with a bow is any different then a mage. Yet rogues have armor as good as warriors. When I played a mage I didn't expect anything, but what I do expect is better armor then a girl wearing lingerie.

Everyone knows that lingerie armor is the most effective.

Anyway, here's the formula for the new shield absorption (without upgrade skills), I'll update the in game description to reflect it.

(((2*strength)+intelligence)*3)

This means if you're after survivability, which is why you're getting shield in the first place, investing a few more points in STR will drastically buff it.

And we're not done with the sorcerer yet, there are more updates coming but I don't want to rush out several changes at once.

Pandamoni
05-06-2013, 02:45 PM
I would do a little dance if they gave sorcerer a resurrect skill. If the goal is to make the sorcerer a support class, that would be one change I know everyone in the game would be thrilled with. As it stands I never start a run and say, "hey, we need a Mage!". I do often say that we need a warrior or dps. Give us a reason to feel that sorcerers are a necessity in a run (resurrect).

JoKobe
05-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Should the three classes not be essentially equal, although with slightly different skills? All three should have equal opportunity in pvp, treating one class as "support only" doesn't qualify as equal. I have all three, although I enjoy mage the most.

Teoijio
05-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Everyone knows that lingerie armor is the most effective.

Anyway, here's the formula for the new shield absorption (without upgrade skills), I'll update the in game description to reflect it.

This means if you're after survivability, which is why you're getting shield in the first place, investing a few more points in STR will drastically buff it.

And we're not done with the sorcerer yet, there are more updates coming but I don't want to rush out several changes at once.

Is that STR from only passive, or STR from gear as well? And thanks for the formula!

Swede
05-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Should the three classes not be essentially equal, although with slightly different skills? All three should have equal opportunity in pvp, treating one class as "support only" doesn't qualify as equal. I have all three, although I enjoy mage the most.

Depends what you mean by equal. Should they all have a balanced role in PvE and PvP? Yes. Should they all be equally good at killing each other in a 1 versus 1? Probably not. Skill might close the gap but a Rogue will have the highest damage output in 1v1.

However, the Sorcerer is definitely not supposed to be a support class. They're the AOE damage king and supposed to have the most crowd control (in PvE). In PvP, the crowd control is nerfed (for all classes) because it's not fun to lose control of your character for extended periods of time, so the Sorcerer loses some of their power. However, in a 5v5 brawl, they should still be doing the most overall damage, since they can hit multiple targets so well. Unfortunately, their power curve is a bit low right now and they are in the process of being buffed, step by step.

Swede
05-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Is that STR from only passive, or STR from gear as well? And thanks for the formula!

All STR and INT, after gear etc. So to get the final number, go to your Avatar page while fully geared, take that STR, double it, then add the fully geared INT. Take that number and triple it and that's how much the Arcane Shield can defend against before breaking.

Also, incoming damage is reduced before it's checked against this number.

For example, a Sorcerer that has 100 STR and 150 INT would have an Arcane Shield worth 1050 points of damage. He gets hit with a Aimed shot that does 1200 damage. Normally this would break the shield but because Arcane Shield lowers incoming damage, he only loses 840 of its shield and so he can take another 210 damage before the shield goes away.

Pandamoni
05-06-2013, 06:03 PM
However, the Sorcerer is definitely not supposed to be a support class. They're the AOE damage king and supposed to have the most crowd control (in PvE).

While it is important to note the sorcerer can control crowds, the rogue has skills that also does this. We are able to deal damage as a rogue and also control the mobs if we have the right skills employed. When I played Mage in PL I felt like I dealt more damage as a pure intel Mage than I do as pure int sorc in AL. As it stands, I have fun playing it but I don't feel like it is vital to have a sorc in a party so I just fool around with my sorcerer and play my rogue as my main. That is odd for me because I really love being a Mage when I play games.

falmear
05-06-2013, 10:17 PM

Thanks this is very helpful.

Cremated
05-07-2013, 02:01 AM
Thank you Swede!

Infrico
05-07-2013, 02:16 AM
"Yours faithfully, crem."

O.o

Yakiniku
05-07-2013, 08:09 AM

Now that you've said it, we're going to hold you to it. :p

Anyway thank you very much for the clarification on shield, Swede. Very good information indeed.

Now the next question is, since you said lingerie armor is the best, where can I get a set for my sorcerer? :D

Teoijio
05-08-2013, 07:26 PM
All STR and INT, after gear etc. So to get the final number, go to your Avatar page while fully geared, take that STR, double it, then add the fully geared INT. Take that number and triple it and that's how much the Arcane Shield can defend against before breaking.

Also, incoming damage is reduced before it's checked against this number.

For example, a Sorcerer that has 100 STR and 150 INT would have an Arcane Shield worth 1050 points of damage. He gets hit with a Aimed shot that does 1200 damage. Normally this would break the shield but because Arcane Shield lowers incoming damage, he only loses 840 of its shield and so he can take another 210 damage before the shield goes away.

Thanks so much!

yuriramos
05-08-2013, 08:19 PM
rogues can crit 2.5k to 3k in a single shot. majority of end game mages have 2k to 2.5k hp. Rogues have the ability to kill effortlessly with a single skill.

djironlung
05-08-2013, 08:30 PM
I agree with some of that but the loot drop system has gotten nerfed way too hard I've been playing since the beginning in the beginning you could farm for three to four hours a day and get one to three good drops now I have only gotten three pinks in the past two expansions its totally sad and this is the problem people like me complain about how can I spend five hours a day farming and never get a pink that's ridiculous then open 500 crates and get one mythic no arcane this is sad that if you spend that much money on plat you should get at least two mythic and one arcane it's ridiculous of course they need to fund the paychecks of the people working on the game but within reason they have gotten way beyond that to the point of being asinine this is the point the educated people are making this is where the ridiculous greed from the devs has come from in the plat these are the two complaints that have a very strong validity when they are made but then you would have to have been here in the beginning to have validity in making that's complaints. so in the future think thoroughly about the statements you make before you put your foot in your mouth

xcainnblecterx
05-09-2013, 06:16 PM
I agree with some of that but the loot drop system has gotten nerfed way too hard I've been playing since the beginning in the beginning you could farm for three to four hours a day and get one to three good drops now I have only gotten three pinks in the past two expansions its totally sad and this is the problem people like me complain about how can I spend five hours a day farming and never get a pink that's ridiculous then open 500 crates and get one mythic no arcane this is sad that if you spend that much money on plat you should get at least two mythic and one arcane it's ridiculous of course they need to fund the paychecks of the people working on the game but within reason they have gotten way beyond that to the point of being asinine this is the point the educated people are making this is where the ridiculous greed from the devs has come from in the plat these are the two complaints that have a very strong validity when they are made but then you would have to have been here in the beginning to have validity in making that's complaints. so in the future think thoroughly about the statements you make before you put your foot in your mouth

Yea loot system is way off but so is this post, this is about sorcerers. On your post I agree season one and two were the best for drops, then came then came the downfall of locked crates. On topic of this thread, I will swallow my pride and say sorry crem you were right, sts is going to fix sorcs