PDA

View Full Version : are we sorc always babysit other class? LOL

Madgremlin
05-05-2013, 08:26 AM
may be some of we fella sorc had meet with type other class guys which begging mana or heal, if we dont upgrade that skill, or we allocate it for other skill and use pot, so whats the problem that we build our sorc with different type of each individual, not always the same build, not all of us allocate it for heal or mana, it depend on each individual think to build it.

the funny thing when they dont get their heals or mana from us, they begin whinning or complain about it, lol

will0
05-05-2013, 08:33 AM
i think so too !!! they call me names.. noobs cause i dont heal or have mana !! LOLz

Alhuntrazeck
05-05-2013, 08:38 AM
We aren't doctors.

JaytB
05-05-2013, 09:31 AM
I usually let people know, before we start running, that I don't have that skill. If someone starts whining about it, I just leave and find another party.

will0
05-05-2013, 09:49 AM
lolz... not an obligation .. a 30 warrior says .. i tank i have to use my own pots? wt.....

Alhuntrazeck
05-05-2013, 09:56 AM
I personally don't want another death on my list just cuz a warrior won't use a mana pot.

falmear
05-05-2013, 02:31 PM
I just ignore them.

Lady_Pebbles
05-05-2013, 06:56 PM
The main reason* I use heal is for PvP cuz in elite PvE our heal's aggro is so frustrating. Glad Swede said* they'll be working on it a bit.

Players need to understand that & if they have a problem with you not using heal (even if you have it), then ditch them. Not worth dealing wih players like that.

Yakiniku
05-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Lol I was in a ctf match yesterday where Haligali was just dominating us, essentially making it very easy for their side to pick us off and get easy kills.

Sometime in the middle of the match, one of Hali's teammates had the audacity to call him out and complain about his lack of heal. My friend and I got a little laugh out of that one, while respawning of course.

ishyrionek
05-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Yeah i agreed.
When i play with my warrior i dont use hor neither... I'm not doctor ...
And when i play with rogue, i dont use pets, cause its racists...

Healing is nice skill, just dont use it in mid of mobs, and if u do, u need run away for 1-2 secs.
And if u got heal, why without mana up? 1 skill up in passives wont make anyone godlike.

bluotaku
05-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Yeah i agreed.
When i play with my warrior i dont use hor neither... I'm not doctor ...
And when i play with rogue, i dont use pets, cause its racists...

Healing is nice skill, just dont use it in mid of mobs, and if u do, u need run away for 1-2 secs.
And if u got heal, why without mana up? 1 skill up in passives wont make anyone godlike.

First of all, a warrior's HoR is fundamentally different from a mage's heal. It taunts (and is a pretty good one) and gives a shield. Plus, I don't expect any warrior to use it to heal me. I rely on my pots. I do expect a warrior to use it to taunt.

The purpose of a mage heal? To save the party pots, which I'm still doing if I replace heal with another skill. I'm adding more CC, which means less damage to the warrior. I'm adding more damage, which means faster killing and faster runs = less pot usage.

I do not understand why people don't call out rogues for not carrying medic packs. Its the exact same thing as a mage heal - a money saver. And you don't even really save THAT much money in the grand scheme of things.

falmear
05-06-2013, 02:14 AM
The people who ask for mana heal are cheap and broke. And don't have money for pots. The only people who complain are ones from random parties. I know a number of mages who after seeing me use shield have switched. They usually ask me 'Don't people ask you for heal' And I say 'yes, but I ignore them.' Then later on I see they respec and are using shield. I am sorry if we had better armor I would happily use heal. But our armor is so bad that for me using shield is the only option. Heal doesn't do anything for me that pots don't. If warriors and rogues want to see something done they should complain to STS.

Yakiniku
05-06-2013, 07:05 AM
Haha unlike a lot of people here, I actually do have heal and I use it a lot. Elites, normal, tombs, pvp, you name it and I'm there healing my butt (and yours) off. But to be honest, in pve it really is nothing more than a gold saver and convenience for the lazy (like myself).

Sure, I've saved more than my share of party wipes with a well timed heal, but that doesn't change the fact that pots are faster and plain out more effective. Heck, I spam pots myself because taunt does have its limitations and I'm often out of range for HoR.

The only place I can see heal being truly helpful is in pvp because we can't use mana pots. But when I played my rogue in ctf, I accepted the fact my ability to fight was done when my mp bar was depleted. If a mage had heal, great! If not, well hopefully I can find a blue cross before the next guy does. That's just how it goes.

wvhills
05-06-2013, 08:10 AM
i have a sorcerer and rogue both and sorcerer are definitely not weak. My armor stat is lower on my mage but I rarely get attacked by mobs because of my knockdown and root skills. Leading the way with a charged fireball for knock down and then dropping a clock saves the group lots of health pots and keeps the mobs grouped up for faster kills. I feel like my mage kills mobs a lot faster than my rogue. The real difference is at bosses. my rogue deals a ton more damage than my mage at the boss and my mage is somewhat of a liability because bosses are immune to knockdown and roots.

SuRfY
05-06-2013, 09:05 AM
I used to have heal (without adding points in the range) and i used to run to one corner, away from the others and heal myself only. LOL.

Limsi
05-06-2013, 09:07 AM
As a rogue, I do everything to save a mage's arse, Pvp and Pve wise. Whether they have heal or not, I do my best to tank for them by spamming potions and going to the front line, because I know, they got my back with the fireball that pretty much stuns everyone/everything when charges. Never did I complain to a mage about his lack of healing skill, after all they do have the shield which can absorb damage and save me from death.

I love mages, they're precious and dear to me.

Theholyangel
05-06-2013, 04:04 PM
The typical lines of other rogues when there is a mage near "mana." no please, just a demand, and if you don't have it or dont use it, they flip out on you. It's quite harsh, people have to stop assuming all mages use that skill.

Drearivev
05-07-2013, 11:11 AM
I have a Sorcerer, and I heal regardless if someone says or not. Also, on my main (Rogue) I don't complain if a Sorcerer doesn't heal me. I simply use Horton or Jack as my pet. In PvP, I either get the mana cross thing, or I just quickly switch out my pet to Jack, who gives mana to all allies in range. Sometimes, I have no Sorcerer on my team, so I simply go with the flow. Just use a pet who's ability can restore mana or a pet who gives you mana regen like Horton or Flap Jack.

falmear
05-07-2013, 01:31 PM
With the new update, comparing heal and shield. For me heal does 947-1184 hp (I assume heal is based off of dmg which mine is 296). And shield based on this formula (((2*strength)+intelligence)*3) I get 1602 hp. So 30% damage reduction util shield will absorb 1602 hp. So to me the new shield is much more compelling.

Energizeric
05-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Only issue I have with shield is it doesn't help running flags. Some say that is not something mages should worry about, but we have achievements for this just like the other classes and so they are needed to stay on the top sorcerer leaderboard. Until I have 10k flags, I must have heal so I can run flags.

ukeewu
05-10-2013, 10:55 AM
I refuse to give mana or heal on request. I am fully capable of seeing what my teammates need. I am not going to waste mana-giving on one party member when I can refill others at the same time. I generally friend request these idiots and join their games on opposing team for the joy of watching them die

Theholyangel
05-10-2013, 02:31 PM
I refuse to give mana or heal on request. I am fully capable of seeing what my teammates need. I am not going to waste mana-giving on one party member when I can refill others at the same time. I generally friend request these idiots and join their games on opposing team for the joy of watching them die

LOL. I can relate to that, when I used to have lifegiver, I would never give mana upon demand, I would only help my friends or when the party needs it, and if they dont. Well, you'll see a little mage running off to go heal himself away from the others. :-)

Zuzeq
05-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Havent been here before *looks around* nice... I prefer a Mage without heal, Time shift help, but I'd rather have a Mage to help me do DmG(:

Theholyangel
05-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Havent been here before *looks around* nice... I prefer a Mage without heal, Time shift help, but I'd rather have a Mage to help me do DmG(:

Hehe, agreed on that one. Gale is nice as well, or lightning as a replacement of lifegiver.

Caui
05-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Someone had the audacity just now to complain about my lack of "ice"; I told him "no, I don't have it, because I got rid of it to stop the complaints of no mana heal" :mad:

katish
05-11-2013, 02:36 PM
I have a steady tank I always party with. It's so funny, I'm actually the one asking for heal :P

this is on casual elite runs of course lol

Excuses
05-12-2013, 10:43 AM
I do use heal because mage is made yo support other class with it.
I know there are people bugging, but like warrior have to take dmg in stead of me, I try to do my role. And I believe it's team play. =)

Totoymagic
05-12-2013, 10:45 AM
As a rogue, I do everything to save a mage's arse, Pvp and Pve wise. Whether they have heal or not, I do my best to tank for them by spamming potions and going to the front line, because I know, they got my back with the fireball that pretty much stuns everyone/everything when charges. Never did I complain to a mage about his lack of healing skill, after all they do have the shield which can absorb damage and save me from death.

I love mages, they're precious and dear to me.

This is what im looking for ^_^

Dinosaurus
05-13-2013, 11:31 AM
We need to heal,DPS and silence flanking mobs and we have to do this without being destroyed by common mobs as the warriors and rogue's whine about what vanity gear is better! Warriors take hits like they cant even feel it and they still call for a heal or mana! People add me on their friends list so I can be a healing piece of cannon-fodder to heal the meat-shield of the group!

If warriors randomly keel asking for a heal with 99.99% hp just leave them and join another party!

Linkincena
05-16-2013, 04:46 AM
Since i like team playing... I keep an eye on my teams mana and health....
Whenever one is one da brink of dying i switch in .. heal them .. and run away back to my den lol...

Always remember guys... we sorcerers may seem weak... but we have the best skills for team play... ^_^

ryantat
08-26-2013, 04:37 AM
Why do we must run with warriors? lol...Warriors are less damage, they're just a meat shield. Try to run with 4 Mages you will see the differences. You even don't know what you are clicking...hahaha

Cero
08-26-2013, 08:22 AM
Why do we must run with warriors? lol...Warriors are less damage, they're just a meat shield. Try to run with 4 Mages you will see the differences. You even don't know what you are clicking...hahaha

this been noticing him doing Necros.
are planning something big with this troll account?

Wutzgood
08-26-2013, 09:03 AM
I used to heal my team but it wasn't helping that much. Now I go with 4 attack skills and am much happier with the destructive results. Potions are there for a reason.

utpal
08-26-2013, 08:42 PM
in my warrior i nvr ran out of mana as i use VB+HoR+WM
and in my sorc (main) i m surprised to see that warrior begging for mana and if i dnt heal they call out bad names bt i like the mute button.
also lifegiver skill is at 3point.

ryantat
08-26-2013, 10:05 PM
this been noticing him doing Necros.
are planning something big with this troll account?
I don't know what you mean, Senior Member!

ryantat
08-26-2013, 10:13 PM
I do use heal because mage is made yo support other class with it.
I know there are people bugging, but like warrior have to take dmg in stead of me, I try to do my role. And I believe it's team play. =)

Mage is not a support class, man. Mage is Canon class, spam skill over time help other classes kill mobs faster. That's why your AOE Damage is highest in game.

Alhuntrazeck
08-31-2013, 08:03 AM
Mage is not a support class, man. Mage is Canon class, spam skill over time help other classes kill mobs faster. That's why your AOE Damage is highest in game.

What's the support class in AL then, pray tell?

ryantat
09-03-2013, 09:15 PM
So, What did you do if your warrior or Rogue play without Mage? Stop playing? Pray tell them appear?

AlienPlanet
09-03-2013, 11:48 PM

The beauty of this game is that each class has its own strengths and weaknesses. For almost all situation (PVP or PVE), a combination of these classes gives out the best results, and sometimes the fastest. We are both the lead class and the best supporting class....lol

Alhuntrazeck
09-04-2013, 01:38 AM
So, What did you do if your warrior or Rogue play without Mage? Stop playing? Pray tell them appear?
Are you telling me you don't WANT a support class?

The beauty of this game is that each class has its own strengths and weaknesses. For almost all situation (PVP or PVE), a combination of these classes gives out the best results, and sometimes the fastest. We are both the lead class and the best supporting class....lol
You sir have hit the nail on the head.

ryantat
09-04-2013, 02:53 AM
Are you telling me you don't WANT a support class?

you want? show me your skills set.

Anyone in game know this guy - Alhuntrazeck? He's a supporting Mage?

You play with a lot of people, this is support!!! Do you play solo? I don't know what you mean about "support"

Ex:
1 - I'm warrior, you're Mage. I tank mobs, you kill them fast ----> this is a support
2 - I'm Mage, you're Mage. you cast spell, i cast too, kill them fast -----> this is a support

Alhuntrazeck
09-07-2013, 06:17 AM
I'm trying to keep the discussion civil, please do oblige me.

Every class in Arlor has a purpose. The warrior tanks. Rogues kill. And mages...support. That's right, support. DEAL WITH IT.
We have AoE, and you know what that's for? Not increasing our kill count, but for keeping the mobs stunned, frozen, rooted while the rogues do their job! Try running an elite without a mage. That's right, it's hard.

If you want a damage class, pick a rogue.

Also, my skill set...I'm not a PvE mage, but I do use frost on occasion - my build is Fire, Ice, Shield, Heal. Fire stunning, ice freezing, shield letting me survive so i can support more, heal for healing (duh). See how it all complements each other?

Do refrain from throwing your weight around on the forums. Thanks.

JaytB
09-07-2013, 07:12 AM

Every class in Arlor has a purpose. The warrior tanks. Rogues kill. And mages...support. That's right, support. DEAL WITH IT.
We have AoE, and you know what that's for? Not increasing our kill count, but for keeping the mobs stunned, frozen, rooted while the rogues do their job! Try running an elite without a mage. That's right, it's hard.

Also, my skill set...I'm not a PvE mage, but I do use frost on occasion - my build is Fire, Ice, Shield, Heal. Fire stunning, ice freezing, shield letting me survive so i can support more, heal for healing (duh). See how it all complements each other?

Sorcerer a support class? I totally disagree.

I can consistently and considerably clear mobs faster on my sorcerer solo as compared to my rogue solo. Both with full (upgraded) mythic, both specced for PvE. So how exactly does that make a sorcerer a support class?

Alhuntrazeck
09-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Sorcerer a support class? I totally disagree.

I can consistently and considerably clear mobs faster on my sorcerer solo as compared to my rogue solo. Both with full (upgraded) mythic, both specced for PvE. So how exactly does that make a sorcerer a support class?

Lets see...

1. Mages have mana heal. Support? Yes.

2. Mages have stun, root, n freeze. Why? So that the party wont have to get hurt so much when the enemy is either dancing, frozen or just standing there.

3. In team runs, you'll find that without a sorcerers aoe, clearing maps will be very slow. Support again, since without much mobs being damaged, the going (and the damage) will be slow.

Psykopathic28
09-08-2013, 07:40 PM
This whole thread makes me laugh. Like 90% of the responses are so absurd. I understand the forum is a place to discuss the game but if you have no idea what you are talking about dont act like you do. For starters any1 who says Mage is support class doesn't have a clue about mages. Any one who says rogues are better killers obviously know nothing about mages. Tanks SHOULD be the ones doing the healing and being the SUPPORT class. Only mages who use heal are the noobs and the ones that are "too nice" for pvp. If you use it Pve then you say your doing it to save potions but in truth your costing yourself way way more because your so slow. The only real reason for healing in this game for mages is flagging. It can be used to be a "support Mage" yes, though I've maybe seen 4 people actually use a support build. 95% of mages in AL use a hybrid build and either call it "attack" or "support" when it's neither. You can walk up to 2 mages both with a typical lame fire light heal shield. One will say their support the other will say their attack. I'm not trying to downgrade anyone or insult anyone but I did feel the need to point out that all these people who THINK the know what a Mage does (1/2 of which prolly hasn't even played a Mage) shouldn't be attempting to give advice on it in such a public place. We have enough people who walk around clueless. We don't need y'all creating more.

cindersx
09-08-2013, 08:40 PM

I also disagree with mages being a support class. Mages do the most damage to all the mobs. It really just depends on what the mage wants to do with their character. They could be support but then they would need support skills. Most mages are there to do the damage and crowd control. Be happy you have a mage with you that can attack more than 1 enemy at a time. Unless you really wanna be a warrior and rogue who don't have crowd control and have to kill one enemy at a time with the mage being the one who sits there and gives them mana and heals. This is just making your times on stuff go up.

JaytB
09-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Lets see...

I wrote my answers below your points. As you know, I'm a PvE sorcerer so I wrote my points from that perspective...

1. Mages have mana heal. Support? Yes.

I just don't find it worth offering up one offensive skill, that would allow me to do both more crowd control and deal more damage, for 1 mana/health pot every 15seconds or whatever cooldown lifegiver has. I prefer to kill mobs quicker and do better crowd control so my party doesn't need that many pots to begin with. So yeah, heal? No thx. So support? By your logic, nope. Additionally, would a rogue with health packs basically be support too in your opinion, or how about a warrior with HoR?

2. Mages have stun, root, n freeze. Why? So that the party wont have to get hurt so much when the enemy is either dancing, frozen or just standing there.

I agree that all that crowd control is cool but you overlook the most important aspect of all those skills... The huge amount of damage and damage over time that they dish out to all those mobs. So yeah, if you classify killing off mobs the quickest way possible as support, I guess sorcerers are the support class for killing mobs. By that logic, rogues are the support class for killing bosses.

3. In team runs, you'll find that without a sorcerers aoe, clearing maps will be very slow. Support again, since without much mobs being damaged, the going (and the damage) will be slow.

Basically the same answer as point 2.

I haven't played many MMO's but when I compare AL to another popular MMO I played, there isn't a clear support class in AL at all. It all depends on your specs and what you consider support or not. Warriors, sorcerers and rogues can heal their party. All these classes have some form of crowd control too (rogue: net, war: taunts and stuns, sorc: stuns). So classifying one as a support class, and on top of that the one that deals most AoE dmg in game, just doesn't feel right to me.