PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of suggestions to write

psychoscream
05-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Dear readers,

i have been seeing unpurposeful and unreasonable suggestions, so this thread guides you a write a suggestion that could interest spacetime studios , here is a few simple steps and rules that you can follow :

Rules :
1- don't post sexual or insulting suggestions.
2- write your suggestion correctly and do not miss any detail of it.
3- don't copy any other suggestions from any other threads.

steps:
1-making your suggestion reasonable :
when writing a suggestion make sure that it can be added by spacetime studios or it complies to the reasonable limits .

EXAMPLE OF AN UNREASONABLE SUGGESTION :
spacetimes studios please give every player 300 free platinum .

2- making your suggestion purposeful :
when you write a suggestion make sure that it aims to solve a problem that exists or aims to make the game more fun
but it complies to the reasonable limits.

3- writing a creative suggestions :
when writing a suggestions make sure its new and creative

4_ be as democratic as you possible and take the comments lightly :
When you receive comments about your suggestions you should accept the other people thoughts and dont take it as a
Personal issue .

psychoscream
05-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Do you find this post helpful ?

psychoscream
05-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Wow no comments on a guide ??

wowdah
05-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Maybe post in general :)

GoodSyntax
05-06-2013, 11:32 PM
I, for one, find it reasonable and suitable as a general guideline on posting an informative request; however, keep in mind that many who come onto the forums are on mobile, so, at best, it is challenging to properly format and type your messages without autocorrect destroying what you meant to say. Plus, it is difficult to type out thoughtful, detailed posts on a mobile - thumbs tire quickly :-)

Second, note that there are many troll/complaint accounts. You know, those guys who have maybe 10 posts, all on the same subject, and then are never heard from again. These types of accounts kind of skew the rhetoric, lead to tangents or flame wars, and are, unfortunately, general thread killers.

Finally, there are a handful of veteran forumers here, and for the most part, they are all capable of well written posts; but, the nature of forums in general, almost mandates a fruit-fly like attention span. Some of my posts are quite long-winded, and the longer the post, the more you end up getting TL;DR'ed.

The posts that get the most views and responses are usually ones that incite a lot of pent up emotion or rage. When you have 5+ pages of posts, it's easy to just skim over the longer ones and just punch out a quick witty retort to something you find incendiary.

When in doubt, all you have to do to elicit a quick response is post one of the following threads (in no particular order):

1) Rogues Medic Skill is OP
2) Rogues Aimed is OP
3) Warriors are OP
4) Sorcs need a buff
5) Drop rate too low
6) Drop rate too high
7) Game is now too platinum oriented
8) I've opened 500+ crates and no mythic or arcane
9) Anything that refers to nerfing or buffing something (could be anything)

psychoscream
05-06-2013, 11:37 PM
I, for one, find it reasonable and suitable as a general guideline on posting an informative request; however, keep in mind that many who come onto the forums are on mobile, so, at best, it is challenging to properly format and type your messages without autocorrect destroying what you meant to say. Plus, it is difficult to type out thoughtful, detailed posts on a mobile - thumbs tire quickly :-)

Second, note that there are many troll/complaint accounts. You know, those guys who have maybe 10 posts, all on the same subject, and then are never heard from again. These types of accounts kind of skew the rhetoric, lead to tangents or flame wars, and are, unfortunately, general thread killers.

Finally, there are a handful of veteran forumers here, and for the most part, they are all capable of well written posts; but, the nature of forums in general, almost mandates a fruit-fly like attention span. Some of my posts are quite long-winded, and the longer the post, the more you end up getting TL;DR'ed.

The posts that get the most views and responses are usually ones that incite a lot of pent up emotion or rage. When you have 5+ pages of posts, it's easy to just skim over the longer ones and just punch out a quick witty retort to something you find incendiary.

When in doubt, all you have to do to elicit a quick response is post one of the following threads (in no particular order):

1) Rogues Medic Skill is OP
2) Rogues Aimed is OP
3) Warriors are OP
4) Sorcs need a buff
5) Drop rate too low
6) Drop rate too high
7) Game is now too platinum oriented
8) I've opened 500+ crates and no mythic or arcane
9) Anything that refers to nerfing or buffing something (could be anything)
im not sure that I understand why posting this in here ?

Lady_Pebbles
05-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Very nicely said in the OP. I'd like to add though, that* when making a suggestion; try not to be too biast & take everyone's comments lightly. Always be considerate of others. Oh & try to put in as much details so everyone* can get the gist* of your ideas. :)

Edit: Fixed typos. x.x

psychoscream
05-06-2013, 11:55 PM
Very nicely said in the OP. I'd like to add though, thqt when making a suggestion; try not to be too biast & take everyone's comments lightly. Always be considerate of others. Oh & try to put in as much details so wveryone can get the jist of your ideas. :)

Thank you I will add the first idea the second is in the rules , great comment :-)

Lady_Pebbles
05-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Holy typos batman! *fixes* o.o

Yw and great job on the guide!

psychoscream
05-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Thanks

riot
05-07-2013, 01:00 AM
I reckon making the mage better would be a very important step for the success of al

psychoscream
05-07-2013, 02:46 AM
I reckon making the mage better would be a very important step for the success of al

No no the mage has been improved 4 times its enough

JaytB
05-07-2013, 03:24 AM
No no the mage has been improved 4 times its enough

Your comments about mages make me seriously doubt you ever played one.

psychoscream
05-07-2013, 06:26 AM
Your comments about mages make me seriously doubt you ever played one.
My chars are :
1_ warrior lev 31
2_ warrior lev 13
3_ mage lev 17
4_ rouge lev 12/

and I have been playing for quite a while , like 5 months at pvp when I see 2 rouges I would attack them alone if I see 2 warriors I would
Attack them alone but when I see a 1 mage alone I run!

You know I have been thinking alot about pvp and skills and best build , what I have understood that there is 3 perfect builds for every char every single build needs a unique tactics , now the stat of your player plays a role but its only simple but the really thing that matter is the build and regarding to the sorcerers I got a great build which is able ( with the right stat) to defeat any rouge
Any warrior at semi equal and gear .
One more thing check the ctf kills at the leaderbord , warriors are only 3or 4 there , therefore I believe that the warrior is the char that should be improved .

JaytB
05-07-2013, 06:53 AM
My chars are :
1_ warrior lev 31
2_ warrior lev 13
3_ mage lev 17
4_ rouge lev 12/

and I have been playing for quite a while , like 5 months at pvp when I see 2 rouges I would attack them alone if I see 2 warriors I would
Attack them alone but when I see a 1 mage alone I run!

You know I have been thinking alot about pvp and skills and best build , what I have understood that there is 3 perfect builds for every char every single build needs a unique tactics , now the stat of your player plays a role but its only simple but the really thing that matter is the build and regarding to the sorcerers I got a great build which is able ( with the right stat) to defeat any rouge
Any warrior at semi equal and gear .
One more thing check the ctf kills at the leaderbord , warriors are only 3or 4 there , therefore I believe that the warrior is the char that should be improved .

I don't pvp but I have all 3 classes at 31 with (mostly) top gear and use them exclusively for elite farming. While my mage deals a nice amount of AoE dmg, it's by far the squishiest class of them all. Rogues and a warrior are all you need for quick elite runs.

The problem with the sorcerer class is its lack of dodge, armor and HP as compared to the other two classes. Not to mention the agro you draw towards you when there's a not too good warrior in your party (which happens in about 90% of Pugs). When I spec my rogue for maximum AoE dmg, it almost clears mobs as fast as my mage does, all while giving a TON more survivability and on top of that they kill bosses +2x faster than any sorcerer could dream of.

Now, if I spec my sorc for maximum dmg, it becomes so squishy that you'll find yourself taking the walk of shame (aka dying) over and over again as you'll get one shotted all the time.

So yeah, mages supposedly are masters of AoE but speccing it for maximum dmg, in order to make it somewhat better than a rogue, means you'll become so squishy it's hardly manageable to keep alive anymore.

I'd say try some end-level elite farming and tell us again how mages don't need any changes :)

psychoscream
05-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Hmm for elite farming the mage's job is mana , a mage does a good amount of damage , and yes HP is low

JaytB
05-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Hmm for elite farming the mage's job is mana , a mage does a good amount of damage , and yes HP is low

A mage's job is mana? Just.. lol

Edit: Even STS themselves agree that mages aren't supposed to be a support class in any way and that their current dmg is on the low side, and I agree with that statement. I don't want to come across as rude but I'd strongly suggest making an end lv sorcerer instead of making statements that clearly show you have no clue about the actual role the class should play.

Here's the dev statement I'm referring to...

However, the Sorcerer is definitely not supposed to be a support class. They're the AOE damage king and supposed to have the most crowd control (in PvE). In PvP, the crowd control is nerfed (for all classes) because it's not fun to lose control of your character for extended periods of time, so the Sorcerer loses some of their power. However, in a 5v5 brawl, they should still be doing the most overall damage, since they can hit multiple targets so well. Unfortunately, their power curve is a bit low right now and they are in the process of being buffed, step by step.

GoodSyntax
05-07-2013, 08:55 AM
im not sure that I understand why posting this in here ?

I'm not sure that I understand why you don't understand.

Your OP is a discussion on how to create a helpful post, one that has a clear, purposeful suggestion. Follow-up posts from you wonder why no responses. I simply stated that I found your OP a reasonable guideline, and that the reason why there were very few follow-ups was because of the nature of forums, especially one for a mobile-centric game platform.

As you can see, the rest of this thread has devolved into a conversation around entry 4 in my list of "When in doubt."

So, what exactly is it that you don't understand again?

Rare
05-07-2013, 09:27 AM

Yeah your experience is showing here

psychoscream
05-07-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm not sure that I understand why you don't understand.

Your OP is a discussion on how to create a helpful post, one that has a clear, purposeful suggestion. Follow-up posts from you wonder why no responses. I simply stated that I found your OP a reasonable guideline, and that the reason why there were very few follow-ups was because of the nature of forums, especially one for a mobile-centric game platform.

As you can see, the rest of this thread has devolved into a conversation around entry 4 in my list of "When in doubt."

So, what exactly is it that you don't understand again?

I understand now

psychoscream
05-07-2013, 01:28 PM
A mage's job is mana? Just.. lol

Edit: Even STS themselves agree that mages aren't supposed to be a support class in any way and that their current dmg is on the low side, and I agree with that statement. I don't want to come across as rude but I'd strongly suggest making an end lv sorcerer instead of making statements that clearly show you have no clue about the actual role the class should play.

Here's the dev statement I'm referring to...

So the quote from the devs was before the update
Please keep the thread about the topic
the warrior gives health
Mage gives mana
Rouge gives damage .
Thats called a team work

JaytB
05-08-2013, 03:49 AM
So the quote from the devs was before the update
Please keep the thread about the topic
the warrior gives health
Mage gives mana
Rouge gives damage .
Thats called a team work

Funny how you say to keep your thread on topic while immediately following it up with off-topic remarks yourself.

The dev comment had nothing to do with the last update. Maybe you should read it again.

You might know PvP a little but to me it's clear you have no clue about the roles of classes for 'quick' elite farming. It's not because you type your own opinion that it becomes fact.

It's just too funny how you keep repeating the same misinformed 'facts' about the supposed (according to you) class roles without even having any experience in farming the latest elite levels on those classes and without supporting your statements as to why it would be so.

I'd say, just stick to what you know and don't just blurt out whatever you think is fact. It will make you much more credible in the long run.

psychoscream
05-08-2013, 05:35 AM
Funny how you say to keep your thread on topic while immediately following it up with off-topic remarks yourself.

The dev comment had nothing to do with the last update. Maybe you should read it again.

You might know PvP a little but to me it's clear you have no clue about the roles of classes for 'quick' elite farming. It's not because you type your own opinion that it becomes fact.

It's just too funny how you keep repeating the same misinformed 'facts' about the supposed (according to you) class roles without even having any experience in farming the latest elite levels on those classes and without supporting your statements as to why it would be so.

I'd say, just stick to what you know and don't just blurt out whatever you think is fact. It will make you much more credible in the long run.

oh a little about pvp "kid" please dont say a little , and yes im not a mage expert but at elite i know how to make "quick" runs
and i can beat you at pvp and i still never bought plat !
note : do not take my post as a rude post

JaytB
05-08-2013, 06:33 AM
Thanks for calling me a kid, makes me feel young again :D

Maybe your reading comprehension isn’t really strong, so let me break it down for you…

You said the following…

the warrior gives health
Mage gives mana
Rouge gives damage .
Thats called a team work

I said it shows that you have absolutely no clue about roles during elite farming.

Here’s why…

1. Warrior gives health

According to you the main role of a warrior is to heal your team.

Maybe you’ve PvP’ed too much because in PvE there’s this thing called ‘agro’. The role of your tank is keep this agro focused on you. If you do it right, your party doesn’t even need to be healed much (or use a lot of Health pots). When I play on my rogue or sorcerer for example, I don’t count on HoR to keep me alive, that’s why you have Health pots.

HoR should be timed together with your other taunt skill(s) in order to keep agro all the time and so preventing your teammates to receive damage. That it heals, is just a nice plus but by no means the warriors’ main role.

So, warrior main role being giving health is simply false. Warriors keep agro and dmg away from your team would me more correct.

2. Sorcerers give mana

This is the funniest statement I’ve seen. According to you, all a sorcerer is good for is giving mana. Again, I believe this is a utterly false statement and a serious low blow to all PvE sorcerers. Maybe you should read to Sorcerers’ section of the forum (non PvP), just so you’d have a better understanding of skills and the sorcerers’ role in general.

Sorcerers’ main goal should be stunning your enemies and crowd control, together with dealing as much AoE dmg as possible. You do realize the longest part of clearing any elite dungeon is killing mobs right? Higher AoE damage means less time to clear mobs and so less Health/mana pots used by your entire team and less chance for them to die (stun + quicker kills). Sacrificing an AoE dmg skill for mana makes no sense. Less damage dealt = longer farming times, simple right?

On top of that, rogues are to most mana hungry class and one mana refill every 15 seconds (or whatever cooldown life giver has) isn’t going to change the overall mana consumption much. On the contrary, giving up a (AoE) dmg skill makes it longer to kill everything on a map, meaning your entire party needs to fight longer and so consume more Health and mana pots.

Saying a sorcerers’ job is giving mana and so ignoring the crowd control properties and speed gain in clearing levels due to its AoE dmg, shows you have no clue what you’re talking about.

3. Rogue gives damage

Well, I do agree on this one. They do deal a lot of damage and that’s what a rogue should do.

But it’s not all that. Rogues can also actively help your tank to stay alive by casting veil also making your entire party deal a lot more damage, and so speed up farming times again.

That’s what I call teamwork.

So yeah, I’d like to hear from you what your logic is about your statements. Maybe you’re so pro we could all learn from you, so I’m looking forward to your insight into the mechanics of quick elite farming.

psychoscream
05-08-2013, 07:25 AM
NVm

JaytB
05-08-2013, 07:32 AM
thanks i'm looking forward to meet you :)

Meet me for what?

Rare
05-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Meet me for what?

ohhhhohoho Jay got a new fan!!!!

Rare
05-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Oh, by the way I tried something like this here. It failed. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94938-Suggestions-on-Suggestions)

JaytB
05-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Oh, by the way I tried something like this here. It failed. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94938-Suggestions-on-Suggestions)

Maybe the first thing the OP should've put in his post is 'search if the post already exists' :D

psychoscream
05-08-2013, 09:10 AM
i havent seen that post before

Uzii
05-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94938-Suggestions-on-Suggestions

psychoscream
05-08-2013, 01:07 PM
but i don't think that this post failed , or it did ?

psychoscream
05-08-2013, 01:08 PM
ohhhhohoho Jay got a new fan!!!!

lol