PDA

View Full Version : Guardian of Alterra?

Mennddoza
05-05-2013, 06:37 PM
What ever happened to them. I hardly see any of the old Guardians. And do they even pick new ones anymore?

Xvanitykingx
05-05-2013, 06:43 PM
The Guardian of Alterra program was closed a while ago. They are not picking any new ones.

The old GoA's are either playing Arcane Legends, or doing stuff IRL that are more important than this. :p

tHelonestud
05-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Many of them quit like many other players, several still post quite frequently.
Thankfully, they closed the program.

Mennddoza
05-05-2013, 06:57 PM

Why are you thankful they closed the program lol

Matutd
05-05-2013, 07:01 PM

Why are you thankful they closed the program lol
As high spokesperson of tHelonestud I feel obliged to answer this for him. As soon as the program was closed, the "guide hype" dropped and useless guides became less frequent on the forums. People were trying too hard to achieve the status, and for what? All they wanted was a shield. The first selection of guardians weren't expecting it at all, they were helping for the sake of the community and then were surprised with the accolade, which is what made them good guardians.

Mennddoza
05-05-2013, 07:05 PM
As high spokesperson of tHelonestud I feel obliged to answer this for him. As soon as the program was closed, the "guide hype" dropped and useless guides became less frequent on the forums. People were trying too hard to achieve the status, and for what? All they wanted was a shield. The first selection of guardians weren't expecting it at all, they were helping for the sake of the community and then were surprised with the accolade, which is what made them good guardians.

I guess yeah haha, all the "helping" and what not started to get a bit annoying. But then again it gave people reason to ACTUALLY help haha. now a days is people ignore questions and are so darn rude!

Matutd
05-05-2013, 07:08 PM

I guess yeah haha, all the "helping" and what not started to get a bit annoying. But then again it gave people reason to ACTUALLY help haha. now a days is people ignore questions and are so darn rude!
Which is why we can now see who actually deserves to be a guardian. Helping and making a guide about "how to open your inventory" (okay, maybe that was a slight exaggeration haha) are completely different things. In my opinion, a simple tip can be worth more than a guide depending on the context.

CrimsonTider
05-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Which is why we can now see who actually deserves to be a guardian. Helping and making a guide about "how to open your inventory" (okay, maybe that was a slight exaggeration haha) are completely different things. In my opinion, a simple tip can be worth more than a guide depending on the context.

I am pretty sure there was a guide on stashing or inventory. To lazy to really search. ;)

Wendellism
05-05-2013, 07:30 PM
True guardians would be revealed as more and more players become horrible per level cap.

Sryyoulose
05-05-2013, 07:46 PM
True guardians would be revealed as more and more players become horrible per level cap.

Eh I'm happy AoA program closed as much as I wanted to join, but I get muted to ever become anything besides a player.

Randomguy
05-05-2013, 07:47 PM
ever heard of this guy called bodyguardz? he's pretty active, i think twink is active also

Wendellism
05-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Eh I'm happy AoA program closed as much as I wanted to join, but I get muted to ever become anything besides a player.

Sorry, but I don't think you understood my point yet.

D-:
05-05-2013, 08:26 PM
ever heard of this guy called bodyguardz? he's pretty active, i think twink is active also

That's Apollo.

Mennddoza
05-05-2013, 08:32 PM
thanks for the info guys!