PDA

View Full Version : Guild Booting.

Spyce
05-05-2013, 10:39 PM
Is booting people from a guild aganist TOS?

Xvanitykingx
05-05-2013, 10:53 PM
No, it's not.

Zeus
05-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Yes it is; it qualifies under purposely giving grief to other players.

Wendellism
05-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Mass booting from a guild is considered griefing. This means the offender ruins your game-play experience.

Mass booting is bannable by STS's ToS and if your guild is attacked in this way you could send an email to support(at)spacetimestudios(dot)com.

Xvanitykingx
05-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Well if you put it that way....

Mass booting is against ToS, sorry if I misunderstood :/

ThePvpTwink
05-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Major booting would be but just few people for valid specific reason is not I guess

NECROREAPER
05-06-2013, 01:03 AM

End of thread right here guys, no need to post anymore.

The Happiness
05-06-2013, 09:27 AM

Your Godliness (;p) please could you clarify this please? If I have an ( hypothetically) annoying person in my guild who is ruining my playing experience am I not permitted to kick them from guild if it were to subsequently ruin their playing experience?

Sryyoulose
05-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Your Godliness (;p) please could you clarify this please? If I have an ( hypothetically) annoying person in my guild who is ruining my playing experience am I not permitted to kick them from guild if it were to subsequently ruin their playing experience?
Technically you could kick them, try not to make a big scene out of it maybe boot while offline? But if that person is ruining ou and other people in guilds playing experience yes you can kick them with no punishment from sts.

Spyce
05-06-2013, 06:01 PM
What if you boot less then half of the members?

The Sadness
05-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Do you mean an officer intentionally trying to sabotage a guild by removing all players, recruiter and below?
This shouldn't happen.

If you remove a guildie because it's not a good fit, you grow tired of him whining, or they're not who you originally thought, boot away.

Happy booting.

Zeus
05-06-2013, 06:10 PM

LOL! No, mass booting is only qualified. In game, I was near positive Internal asked about mass booting, hence I replied the way I did.

Otherwise, you are allowed to boot if a player in your guild is not being a guildie (or whatever logical reason you may have).

Spyce
05-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Do you mean an officer intentionally trying to sabotage a guild by removing all players, recruiter and below?
This shouldn't happen.

If you remove a guildie because it's not a good fit, you grow tired of him whining, or they're not who you originally thought, boot away.

Have fun out there.

Let's say "Bob" is officer.
He boots everyone recruiter and under.
Can "Bob" get banned?
He's still on right now..

birdblox
05-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Internal, you mass booted Amity. GF

Spyce
05-06-2013, 06:23 PM

That's why I'm asking..
Amity pissed me off.

Zeus
05-06-2013, 06:34 PM
That's why I'm asking..
Amity pissed me off.

Amity is a guild, nothing more nothing less. The players inside are what pissed you off.

I'm just asking, but how did you deem it was okay to start playing judge and randomly knocking players out of the guild?

billybob1
05-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Let's say "Bob" is officer.
He boots everyone recruiter and under.
Can "Bob" get banned?
He's still on right now..

y does his name have to be bob?

Spyce
05-06-2013, 06:45 PM
y does his name have to be bob?

Joe*

Spyce
05-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Amity is a guild, nothing more nothing less. The players inside are what pissed you off.

I'm just asking, but how did you deem it was okay to start playing judge and randomly knocking players out of the guild?

Randomly just did it.
Regret now.

As soon as I did it, I knew I was getting the ban-hammer.
I actually cried for 10 minutes in the corner.

The Happiness
05-06-2013, 06:59 PM
LOL! No, mass booting is only qualified. In game, I was near positive Internal asked about mass booting, hence I replied the way I did.

Otherwise, you are allowed to boot if a player in your guild is not being a guildie (or whatever logical reason you may have).

Thank you Sir :) Just wanted to be sure we were singing from the same song sheet ;p

CrimsonTider
05-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Chicken and I also told ya in-game. Hit the little triangle at bottom of your OP and ask for thread to go away. Explain situation in that box.

Good luck.

Spyce
05-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Chicken and I also told ya in-game. Hit the little triangle at bottom of your OP and ask for thread to go away. Explain situation in that box.

Good luck.

Emailed Devs about my wrong doings.

No point in doing so.

(I'm also sorry to all Amity guild members)

cookiez
05-06-2013, 10:28 PM

no... if a gm decides to boot everyone in his guild, he can, Its HIS. If an officer boots one person, thats fine. If someone boots the whole guild, that is bannable.

NECROREAPER
05-06-2013, 11:00 PM
no... if a gm decides to boot everyone in his guild, he can, Its HIS. If an officer boots one person, thats fine. If someone boots the whole guild, that is bannable.

I know, I figured people would have enough common sense to infer that we werenʻt talking about the GM but a greifer in this case (which in certain circumstances, could be the same person).

Kixxler
05-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Everybody gets away with mass booting tho...

Phoenixking
05-07-2013, 12:12 AM
Everybody gets away with mass booting tho...
Because everybody usually moves on, once bitten twice shy, they Probably won't join the same guild

Wendellism
05-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Emailed Devs about my wrong doings.

No point in doing so.

(I'm also sorry to all Amity guild members)

The damage is still done to the guild. Firstly you created this topic to ask if booting people is bannable. Apollo has told you that Mass Booting is bannable, and only then you stated that you booted everyone from your own guild <Amity>

If there's one this I prefer not to tolerate, it's having to deal with liars that tries to hide everything under the carpet, and when it's revealed, act pitiful. Such behaviour will still be punished by STS regardless of anything you try to tell us, because of the sole reason that you covered up your initial story via a harmless post.

Blind
05-07-2013, 04:46 AM
Why is that?

What if i'm a gm and i decide i want to be alone in te guild. I can boot, my guild.

What if i'm an officer who was given then opportunity to do, and i boot some idiots who ruin the guild?

I mean if a newly promoted officer boots every single member then yeah. But otherwise...

Edit: my bad Necro, didn't read your latest post.

tHelonestud
05-07-2013, 07:30 AM
I think anyone can boot as many people as they want, if they were given the power to boot they can, just shows stupidity on the GM's part when that happens.
If I promote an officer, they can boot who they want, what else were they promoted for

Spyce
05-07-2013, 06:21 PM
The damage is still done to the guild. Firstly you created this topic to ask if booting people is bannable. Apollo has told you that Mass Booting is bannable, and only then you stated that you booted everyone from your own guild <Amity>

If there's one this I prefer not to tolerate, it's having to deal with liars that tries to hide everything under the carpet, and when it's revealed, act pitiful. Such behaviour will still be punished by STS regardless of anything you try to tell us, because of the sole reason that you covered up your initial story via a harmless post.

Amity isn't my guild..
Where did I say that?

NECROREAPER
05-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Why is that?

What if i'm a gm and i decide i want to be alone in te guild. I can boot, my guild.

What if i'm an officer who was given then opportunity to do, and i boot some idiots who ruin the guild?

I mean if a newly promoted officer boots every single member then yeah. But otherwise...

Edit: my bad Necro, didn't read your latest post.

Lol its all good.

Wendellism
05-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Amity isn't my guild..
Where did I say that?

Look at your own quote below.

That's why I'm asking..
Amity pissed me off.

Nuff said.

Gragorak
05-08-2013, 12:22 AM
^ He was officer, not gm.

Spyce
05-08-2013, 05:26 PM
^ He was officer, not gm.

Finally someone gets it!

Misfit
05-08-2013, 08:30 PM
yeah internal booted my whole guild i reported a bunch of times along with all the members he kicked

Wendellism
05-09-2013, 05:08 AM
yeah internal booted my whole guild i reported a bunch of times along with all the members he kicked

May I ask which guild do you belong to?

NECROREAPER
05-09-2013, 12:43 PM
I don't understand why this thread hasn't been closed yet, especially since they've been closing every other thread for every other reason lately.

aav5224
05-09-2013, 02:25 PM
pople do that formoney ..

XghostzX
05-09-2013, 03:53 PM
I don't understand why this thread hasn't been closed yet, especially since they've been closing every other thread for every other reason lately.

They'll close it, they just don't follow PL as much as AL.

Also, Ninja, just take it easy. I wouldn't be worried about getting banned, considering STS is very sincere and you're well aware of the situation and regret it. Our emotions have a way of overpowering us, and can be extremely difficult to control sometimes. Booting random players for no legit reason shows this, and it's important to work skills like this (this goes for everyone).

Samhayne
05-09-2013, 04:00 PM

It hasn't been closed because it seems to have some worthwhile discussion going on in it.

XghostzX
05-09-2013, 06:16 PM
It hasn't been closed because it seems to have some worthwhile discussion going on in it.

Ahh, Necro just got owned ;)

Phoenixking
05-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Just because you don't like or care about this thread doesn't mean it should be closed

Wendellism
05-13-2013, 05:26 AM
Sorry to necro this thread, but after looking at facts that Amity no longer exist, I'm positive InternalNinja, the one at fault for guild booting everyone in that guild, should take the blame. No point he puts up a sob story after he made this thread to clarify if this is bannable or not.

It's just like you hijacked a car, and asked the authorities if hijacking cars is an offense, and then admit to hijacking.

CrimsonTider
05-13-2013, 06:24 AM
Sorry to necro this thread, but after looking at facts that Amity no longer exist, I'm positive InternalNinja, the one at fault for guild booting everyone in that guild, should take the blame. No point he puts up a sob story after he made this thread to clarify if this is bannable or not.

It's just like you hijacked a car, and asked the authorities if hijacking cars is an offense, and then admit to hijacking.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you don't, and never will, have ALL the facts. All you will ever know is through second, third, or even fourth hand information. As said a million times before, let STS handle it.

Wendellism
05-13-2013, 06:45 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you don't, and never will, have ALL the facts. All you will ever know is through second, third, or even fourth hand information. As said a million times before, let STS handle it.

I know officer, but the impression of this OP is like the scenario on my previous post. Oh well, it's all up to STS then.

The Happiness
05-13-2013, 10:40 AM
And sometimes, being as we are all humans with imperfections, we make mistakes. That's what life is all about. It's how you deal with the consequences and learn from them that make you who you are. None of us is without fault. It is easy to point a finger and assign blame. It is much harder to forgive and move on. A lesson many could learn from.

floats
05-13-2013, 10:51 AM

Its really okay :/, I mean Amity without Blitz, Shelb, Smith, Zapoke, Xclusive and some bunch of others, it wouldn't be The amity we used to know.

Sryyoulose
05-13-2013, 01:03 PM
So that's why I got kicked from amity aha! Makes sense Ty for saying .

Spyce
05-13-2013, 06:30 PM
So that's why I got kicked from amity aha! Makes sense Ty for saying .

Sorry.